(2008/06) June 2008

Mei

does your nausea happens in the morning only? how do you ease it? i do not have it yet but it usu come later than 4 weeks i think...

i read that we are encouraged to seek a gynae only after 6 weeks. is that true? Do we wait or go right after our period is due and tested positive?

MTBs
can u share how you decide on your gynaes? i have been to a few gynaes in the past few yrs for endometrosis issues but how do you know which one is good for you for delivery?

MTBs

Another questions, what do you know about prevent miscarriages? is there anything we do or eat that can better prevent miscarriages?

i heard that miscarriages happens like 50% in all pregnancy? correct me if im wrong.... thanks for the tips...
happy.gif

Hi Noscon, I was recommend by friend on the gynae and read the comments of the gynae thru forums, so can see hw popular is this gynae? I havent see my gynae yet until this coming wk cos it will be my 6 wks...Usually gynae will advise u to see them when u are in ur 6-8wks so they can scan ur bb heartbeat le, if nt usually they can't scan anything...that was wat i was told...

Afor hw to prevent miscarriages, i also nt very sure, think movement hv be extra careful and food wise also hv to choose correctly and chances is higher is u hv spotting/bleeding, than will nd to seek gynae help...most impt is to be happy and less stress, cos spore lifestyle is too stress ful....haha....

Hi noscon,

the nausea feeling lasted the whole day! nothing to cure it! i only ate 10% of my food for each meal and can't eat anymore.

your other questions too difficult for me.. dunno the answers but my gynae told me not to eat pineapple, no exercise, no intercourse and to call him immediately if spotting. My mum told me to avoid food which are cooling, like tea, watermelon, barley drinks.

I carving for sour food but dunno if it's ok to take them. Will ask my gynae tomorrow. Hopefully can see the sac and heartbeat tomorrow!

Hi noscon
From wat i know a lot of miscarriages happen during the 1st few weeks of pregnancy (even before heartbeat is detected)
After heartbeat is seen, the possibitility of it happening drops to 5%
Nothing can be done to avoid these types of miscarriages. As normally its chromosonal defects so its nature's way of doing quality control
But if you start getting strong pregnancy symptons like swollen breasts and morning sickness, the likelihood of a failed pregnancy drops

littlemin2

thanks for your input.... yeah also i think i will wait till 6 weeks to go see gynae then....

congrats to you too...

corrine

u know lah...kan chiong mah...
happy.gif
i find my body funny lor... a lot of crampings and crying which normally i wouldnt get during pms so i just test... the rest of the cycles i usu test only if i find i got weird symptoms else i wont test for pregnancy at all...

how many weeks are you?

jo

hi and congrats to you!

mei

how many weeks are you? so do you find the process from pregnancy till now difficult? so far i only got stomach cramps, gg to toilet a lot and v v v tired.. need to nap every day

sugar

thanks for the input....i didnt know that most miscarriages happen SO early... must be careful...

MTBs
What are the books you find useful for reading or recommended for reading now?

hi all ,

hmmm ... i do have swollen breasts but no morning sickness. My mum said still early to say .Isn`t true ?

I have stop drink cold drinks ...coffee and tea .

Isn`t ture that preggie ladies cannot go for highlighting and dyeing of hair
sad.gif

My hair look awful now .

Second appointment will be 19oct ...think by then can hear baby heart-beat ...getting excited!

hello to all the girls here, I've confirmed my preg with 2 test kits. so excited! it' my 1st baby. I'm currently about 4 weeks. prob will se my gyne at about 6 weeks.
Hi Jo, I also have swollen breasts but not much morning sickness. not sure about dyeing of hair

Hi littlemini2: think its okie to take bbq food .. but must ensure its fully cooked .. got to avoid raw food ... even half boil egg, mayo also got to avoid .. as for seafood .. sotongs, squids and stingrays are to be avoided ...

Hi Jo & Kylene: me tot of going to dye my hair too .. after checking with the nurse during my check up .. she advise not to dye ... even my hair stylist also told me tat ... if can try to avoid ... especially early stage when the bb is still forming up .... those chemicals are not good for bb

hi kylene, congrats to u...

hi jenny hoo...thanks...tat day i still eat stingray, and end up find out cannot eat....haha....but lucky i oni eat abit nia, din eat alot...

hi jo...my hair also look awful now, but cant do anything until gv birth, so nw spend my $$$ buying hair spray, etc to make my hair look better....haha....i also cut down all types of drinks and food....still long way to go...haha

congrats jo and kylene!

I think the older folks think that it is more "confirmed" when morning sickness arrives... that's what my aunt told me... but that is because back in those days, they dont have test kit or something...

MTBs

Can i ask what does it mean when u tested positive with some brands and negative with others?... I'm DPO 12 and I tested with 4 brands today. 2 positive and 2 negative... quite worried now...

hi noscon, what is DPO ?
and how come can be tested neg and positive at same time ? u used the same urine for all 4 tests ? whe is ur mense suppose to due ?

and I think not all MTB will hv morning sickess

Noscon: u test 4 times during different time of day or using the same urine for all 4 tests? normally its more accurate to use the 1st batch of urine when u wake up ...

noscon, how many days u miss your menses already? i think jenny say is right, 1st urine is more concentrated so more accurate.

hi noscon,

dpo12 means u have not reached ur AF due day.. usually for a typically woman, u shld have 14 dpos and ur AF will report in dpo15 which is at the same time CD1. but it varies from woman to woman, some pple has dpo13, some has dpo15 etc.

if you tested different results for 4 HPT at different brands and different times, there are a few reasons for it . Some brands are more sensitive than the rest during the earlier stage of pregnancy because they can detect as low as 20mIU/ml HCG, while the others require more contents in order to be detected. Some will only be detected when ur AF is missed. It all depends on your HCG level of contents in your urine. As well, if your HCG level is not high due to DPO12, and u did not test it on your first concentrated urine, you might not get the actual result. HCG contents will double each day. You can wait till dpo14 or once you missed your AF to test again. The results will be more reliable.

however, since you have already gotten 2 +ve results, might be already preg. If you are worried, use a clearblue once you missed your AF.

This webby for you information.
http://www.webwomb.com/hpt_levels_hcg_levels.htm

hi noscon ,

the most accurrate will be to see the gynea
happy.gif

May be can use the most reliable brand is clearbue .

I used twice as well , once with clearblue and other one watson brand .Both positive and both tested in the evening . But i heard that morning is the best time to test .

Ladies ,

Have anyone started to drink milk for preggie ladies . Argggg ....my hubby been forcing me to drink . Haha ....till now still have not tried .

But so many brand ...which brand taste better .
I never like milk :p but of course for bb good anything good also must take
happy.gif
rite ?

Gd morning, ladies

I am chocky, & am new here. I just tested positive this morning. Am now 4 weeks pregnant. Can anyone advise how to calculate my EDD if my last period start date was sep 12? :0)

actually I had no symptoms at all.. probably only cramps which is exactly like menses cramp but my period has been late for 2 days tt's y I tested this morning to confirm.

Corrine,

Oh yr last period was only 3 days later than mine :0) Probably it's still too early to test for you cos maybe yr hcg level is not high enough yet to confirm.

Y not test again this wkend. Am sure by then, your results shld be very clear :0)

Hi, Starmoon

Thank u for yr help. My EDD is June 14 :0) Btw, have you already seen a gynae for yr pregnancy? I am thinking of calling today to make an appt.

snow baby

DPO = days past ovulation
happy.gif
my mense suppose to come today.... but i have positive the past 3 days.. yeah i also used the same morning urine

jenny

i used same batch of morning urine with four different brands of test kits....

kylene
yeah leh... i used morning urine right after waking up...
happy.gif

Heinz Beanz

i think you are right... some brand esp the cheap internet sticks might be more sensitive.... i think clearblue test for higher level.... thanks for the tippos...

jo
i think your hcg is higher than mine to have tested positive with clearblue. I tested positive with guardian but not digital clearblue. but i heard digital(not the lines one) is more difficult to get a "Pregnant" than the normal lines clearblue.... i read this on the internet. I used the digital clearblue ones...
happy.gif

I have also started drinking milk but never really like it before... but since it might be good for the growth of the baby....
happy.gif
they recommend low fat ones...that's good enough and wont gain too much weight in the process...

fudgy

yeah yeah i was just about to recommend you the link to babycentre for due date calculator... congrats to you....

starmoon
great minds think alike(read above)

noscon
you mean you use four different types of test kit but different results? and clearblue more difficult to detect? btw, when did you test? after you miss AF?

noscon,

Thanks & congrats to you too :0)

Actually I used the digital clearblue this morning to test. Probably was 2 days pass my supposed period so it reflected the results clearer. Hopefully this pregnancy wld be a smooth one for me since I had a miscarriage in Feb this year.

Fudgy, congrats....dun worry so much, becos in our stage, we hv to be in happy mood, so bb oso in happy feel...haha....remember to take good care and be careful will do...

the rest of the gals who tested postive, congratulations

Hi, littlemini2

Thanks alot for your kind words & Congrats to you too :0)

Happy for u tt u r going to see yr gynae this Fri. I just called and realised the earliest appt I cld get is Nov 6. Wish it cld be earlier.

hi chocky
me prob gg to see when i'm in 8 weeks...hubby says no need see so early this time. hahaha...gues #2 so not so gan cheong as last time liao.

Fudgy, i book my appt to next monday liao 15oct, cos gynae nt ard on this coming fri...bo bian, gt to gan cheong another few days....haha...

u are looking at which gynae?

Hi, Starmoon

oh this is yr 2nd child. So after this can close factory liao? :0) I think by the time I see my gynae I shld be in my 7th wk already. I really cant wait :0)

Hi, littlemini2

ya nowadays the gynae business is so gd, I heard usually hv to make appt in advance like 2 - 3 wks. A few of my friends recommend Dr Kek of Mount E so I decided to follow since they mention her stitching is very gd. Which gynae u seeing?

Hi Chocky, im gg for Dr Adrian Woodworth, also recommend by friend, next wk im seeing him will be abt my 7th wk liao...can't wait to go...haha...

corrine

i tested from 10 DPO(days past ovulation). yeah using four different brands of kit together at 1 time. The rest of the time only using 1-2 brands...

fudgy
i also wish you smooth delivery and pregnancy...same for all of us....

MTBs
Can u share which gynaes u guys are gg to?

babycupid

i experienced spotting yesterday....but only 2 drops of blood on panties(sorry if TMI). what about you?

littlemini2,

Dr Woodworth seems a popular gynae here as I hv seen alot of MTB in sinmotherhood under his care. :0)

Noscon / Babycupid,

Your spotting could be implantation bleeding which is very light like a few drops which is normal for start of pregnancy. If it becomes heavy and red in colour, pls see yr gynae immediately.

Hi girls,
I'm planning to see my gyne after 6 weeks(currently about 4 weeks) cos that's when she can scan and look for the heart beat. feeling rather anxious, have heard of cases where urine tested positive but no heart beat.also cos i did some vigorous exercise just a few days ago. trying not to think too much about it and be happy
happy.gif

Back