(2008/05) May 2008

hello mummies!
did any1 post something abt a kindermusik trial class coming up? cos i am interested in it but now can't seem to find the thread..

Jo,
No choice, cos no one look after her. Juz bring her loh. Hopefully she let me have peace during the talk... So where to meet next Wed huh?

Ant,
My old clothes oso very tight on me. And the tummy oso proturding out. U do sit ups already? I dare not do cos mine is c-sec, I scare leh, cos there's some kinda weird feelings at the lower part of the tummy. It still feels kinda sensitive there. Sigh...

Haiz, very sad to see our own child skin like tt rite? My mil always rub onto my would abt the eczema somemore. Sometimes juz feel like talking back at her n ask her she thinks I like anything to happen to my own child meh?

Mummies,
Erica is having runs~~ 4 times already. Very watery and her milk intake went down by half! So worrying. I dunno issit becos my mum let her taste porridge yesterday. I was so angry yesterday loh. Cos the porridge got seasonings like salt inside. Urgh!!!

Target BF period
1. Choc - end of 2008
2. Angela - ( when Megan is 18months ~ hopefully i still hv milk :p )
3. Muzicgal - when my boy is 6 months in lunar calendar ~ that means I stop bf-ing for a week liao... hehehhee....
4.Jorel_mum aka Jo - As long I have the supply loh
5. POoh - same as jo, as long as got supply
6. c_yeo - same as jo, POoh, as long as possible. Can help to lose wt mah... and save $$ too
7. Tracy - till he weans himself off night feeds.
8. Tinkerbelle - Stop pumping at 6 mth, only latching.
9. Sugar - until i get preggie again or if i go back to work
10. felval - as long as i have supply.
11. Cheri - June/July 2009 cos want to start trying for another one in September.
12. ant_ting- as long as got ss
13. chobits- as long as possible
14. diana - end of 2008
15. Jer - as long as got supply/ till i start work
16. lindachang - as long as got ss (actually tempted to stop @ 6mths...but then my boy like enjoying mommy's milk more than formula so tot good to continue for his sake)
17. cutie188 - try to bf until 1 yr at least got an earful from hubby coz already invest in medela pis so ex how can stop bf so fast aiyoh haha
18 babylynn - preserving till the end, bm drying alrdy

<font size="+1"><font color="119911">Sry mummies, can anyone advise the timing on TMC talk on 22oct? I miss out the posting.. Thanks!</font></font>

Looking for Similac-Stage 2 Samples
Hi Mommies...I am from the April Thread.
I have the following to exchange....
Frisco 2 900g
Mamil Gold 400g
Enfapro 400g
Nan 2 400g

If you have Similac to spare or would like to exchange....Can kindly email me at [email protected]
thanks alot and have a great weekend.

hi tinkerbelle,

just emailed you but i post here also lah....i have transferred the shipping charge to you le...
can i collect the long awaited music cube from you this weekend? i can meet you at AMK.

Re:plastic/cloth bib
i bought one stack of plastic bibs and 1 stack of cloth bibs for my baby....cause he drools a lot, i find the cloth bib more comfortable and absorbent. Minus side is that the wetness will seap through and also wet his clothes underneath while the plastic ones won't....but the plastic ones doesn't absorb as well...haiz...especially when he is still a merlion.

time flies very fast, today my baby is exactly FIVE months old....wow!

i still have a horrible tummy...my colleagues are calling me auntie liao...and saying i still have a tummy...sob sob....

hee hee, thanks fei fei, me thinking of going for the tummy shaper and wear it inside my clothes.
happy.gif

dolly..
u can tahan ah.. me every few hours call my mum when i am at work to ask poo buay.. abit worried mah...
ei...u still havent come and collect ur brown rice ah.. hahaa

Jumperoo..
oh no..i am so so so interested to get a jumperoo... the fisherprice rainforest one.. hai...
bad bad... recession liao and yet i still eyeing such expensive stuff...

my boy finished his 1tsp of rice cereal sat morning...&amp; like expecting for more to be serve...haaa...so funny! think he loves it....probably going to start him on solid this week...Doc Ong say okie to start on Fri's visit since my boy intake of BM reduce by 300ml...

two babies at randall's infant care also didn't poo for two to four days...and their mummies are worried as well...esp when one of them only 4 mths.

my baby still pooing two to three times every day...but each time is only little little those kind...so very waste of diapers.

he has started to be able to fall asleep by himself when he is placed on the cot...currently can do this effortlessly at night. am so happy at this development. now he is asleep in his cot, bathe him, fed him then left him on the cot..he cry cry a bit, listen to some music, suck his fingers then when we change to pacifier..he fell asleep.
happy.gif

toking abt recession, ya i was commenting to my hubby that the restaurants seem less crowded...even me and my hubby are watching our $$ more liao....

btw, mummies, have you started buying insurance plans for your little ones? me thinking abt what is best....

btw, drypers are having promo...those jumbo pack @84 pcs are selling for $17 plus...
i was at KL last weekend and carried back three such big packs @ S$16++ each...
hee hee super kia su....

also foxbaby having great discounts also...ranging from 30% to 40%...those with DBS credit card gets additional 15% off...i got a great top and a jeans for about $20! just nice for christmas new clothes!
happy.gif

Buttercup..

I'm also thinking of getting a insurance ..intend to get a whole life policy but have not decide on which Co.

Wow 30-40% discount is a lot .. great deal leh..

arghhh... my menses came back liao.. no wonder my ss has been dropping like nobody's biz... sigh.. really dunno whether to continue or not.cos very depressing to see so little milk every time i pump. sigh....

anyone experience this? i think i can feel lump in the breast, not sure it's the blocked ducts or not... should i see a lactation consultant?

HI ladies..
Hows ur wkends?

I just fed my ger her 1st mouthful of apple..she still trying to learn how to lick lor...so funny..

choc,
the fisher price jumperoo nice lor...My fren has a jumperoo to sell off liao...If u interested, u let me know and i try to ask her for discount ya..Cos her ger big liao, dun sit inside liao lor..

Buettercup,
no prob...I ordered liao..hee..hope its effective cos feel so upset cos tummy still looks like 4mths preggi..hiaz..

buttercup,
I hv bought insurance for my ger le, from AXA &amp; Manulife. For medical, my agent recommended us to change our Medishield to Aviva so that our kids will enjoy it for free. Maybe you can get a FA to recommend instead of agent from insurance company as they only sell their own products. FA will compare and recommend the best-suited product to you. Juz my 2 cents worth opinion.

RE: Cereal
Envy u mommies dat ur babes are enjoying the cereal. My ger doesn't like it and after a few taste, she'll cry for milk le. Going to try cooking porridge for her.

My ger is still pooing more than normal. Today, she has been crying in her sleep, only soothe when she suck her thumb. Tink she's going thru tough time teething. Applied teething gel onto her gums only relieve for a short while. I dun dare to keep applying as per instructions, at 20-mins interval. *Heartache*

keuken
i just realised i bought an accumulator for my baby insurance...sort of an education endowment plan with insurance...but i am rethinking...meeting up with the agent (who happens to be my aunt
happy.gif
) to discuss again...cause hubby bought it and i have little details abt the plan...
is endowment worth it? or should i just get a plain life/medical insurance?

feifei,
did you pureed the apple?
me also looking four months preggie...damn depressed...when will your order arrived?

Re: Weaning
I also started my gal on puree today. make sweet potato puree. She super excited. didnt waste anything at all. abt 1 whole tablespoon. =)

Hi buttercup,
Sorry to see your post only today. Too busy this weekend with my new house stuff n hubby's bday. Actually I emailed u more than 2-3 wks ago abt the arrival of the cubes and awaiting for your payment but no response from u only until now. Cos I anticipated after mid Oct onwards, I'll be pretty busy with my weekends as hubby n I will be meeting ID and stuff with our new house. This weekend I'll also be quite busy so see if any weekday this week, u can come by my blk in e evening and I pass it to u?

Peace,
I am still waiting for 3 more bks frm Amazon to be shipped to Borderlinx before I ship back to Singapore. Sigh. I hate Amazon. Nowadays so attitude problem. The first 2 orders with them came in 1 packaging, swee swee. After that they started screwing up. I am expecting 3 packages for this order. Sigh, no reasons n now we have to pay extra for the big packages. I shall post the pic of the shipment when they arrive, u'll know wat I meant...

Yanling,
My breast everytime also like hav a little lump by the side also. I so scare I'll get breast cancer. I'm thinking of seeing a LC but I heard from Tracy tt it's a painful experience. I very scare leh...

Feifei,
Did u steam ur apple before u gave it to your bb? I dunno it's true or not. They said if we give fruits to baby, we need to steam it first before giving it to them so tt it'll not be so cooling. I'm so envious of u all weaning ur babies. I'm not given the green light yet although I've been trying to convince the pd tt my gal is ready. But they said Erica got eczema, so ask me to hold on to weaning until 6 mths to reduce allergy situations. I feel so sad loh. Of all things my gal get from me is my sensitive skin...

Poky,
Ask u ah, sweet potato is the purple kind or orange kind ah? Those Ang Moh books said purple ones more nutritious. But seems like the ones we commonly seen is the orange ones rite?

Mummies,
good morning, today is a tired Monday. My boi woke up at 430am and wanted to play, i chose to ignore him and continued with my beautiful sleep, but who knows he kept flipping and turning his positions, end-up keep stepping on me ... so pek chek, cos i have got no space to sleep. My hubby is lagi best, he can just ignore him and continued snoring.

Tinkerbelle,
now i understand what you mean. When i came out from shower this morning, i was shocked to see him flipping at the corner of the bed, and luckily, i put many pillows there, if not, think he could have fall. Think i will be quite busy with him liao. Next time, its a must to put him back in his playpen instead.

Buttercup,
congrats, Randall has grown up, no need carry carry to sleep ...

Re : Weaning
i am planning to start yesterday as my hubby has set up the highchair, but by the time when we got home, it was already afternoon, so bo bian need to guai guai and wait till next weekend to try. Feeling excited abt it, and thought of gg to do some grocery shopping to make puree as well.

Tinkerbelle,
Thanks, no hurry on my side, ask coz' was afraid I missed your post coz' long time didn't log on and won't log on for next few days. Thanks for co-ordinating..

Mroning ladies..
Its mon again =(.

Gina,
mayb ur ger dun like the cereal wor...Good thing to try giving her porridge...

Buttercup,
Yes, I cut the apple into half, steam it, then dig out the flesh frm the skin and blend it for her...DUno yet wor..mayb in 2-3wks time..U ordered?;p

Poky,
which type of sweet potato u let ur ger try? the orange meat one hor?Do we need to add water to smoothing the paste?if not like nian nian de..

Tinkerbelle,
hows ur new hse?Now renovating?

Yes, i did steam the apple 1st..at least its softer...Somemoe after steaming, the apple doesn't turn brown lor =D...hmm...dun be sad ya, ur ger willbe ready for semi solids soon...Most important she must be ready lor..Takes time for her to learn how to swallow as well..

Dolly,
or u wan put ur bb on the mat?safer wor..

Wat are the food u intend to let ur bb try out? I intend to try out sweet potato this wkend..hee..or peas..

feifei,

hmm ..... i think i can still put him in his playpen or rocker. But i do realise that he tends to sit up when i put him on the rocker, so die die also need to buckle the belt.

this weekend will be my first try, so should be just rice cereal, and if possible, i want to give him apple, cos my boy has got abit of eczema and skin sensitive, so have to be extra careful with it. Brought him to see PD on last sat for his rashes, and PD advised tt i can start him, as his head is stable and can sit without support around 5 seconds. But then if i were to ask Dr Ong from TMC, he will surely ask me dun be kan chong and wait till he turn 6 months. Different PD said different thing lor.

Dolly,
I see...mayb u try rice cereal 1st to test out for allergies...If ok for the next 4days, then intro apples ya...True, diff PD say diff things..Well, guess e final decision is us parents lor =D.

Hi Poky

Dun give too much sweet potatoes, cos baby will have wind in tummy.. moderate will do. In fact i only gave 1 day, i stop as feel my ger tummy like bloated after taking that.

Hi Kelcqi

Yes! most fruit need to be steam before blend and give to baby... except for avocado, banana and papaya dun need.. only for now. When they reach 8months onwards, you can give them as raw.

Morning ladies,
Have a super busy weekend. My boy is teething already. Can see his 2 little pearlies growing out. No Wonder he is rejecting his milk. Do you ladies apply teething gel for your babies? Which brand do you all use?

Hi mummies.. aldan was dwn w fever on fri nite. We were so worried cos his temp did nt go dwn at all thou fed him medicine n sponge him. Sm more had to go chalet to celeb my sis’ bday. He was nt his normal self n kept cryin. Poor boy. ytd afternn thn fully recovered n was active again.

Kelcqi- ya v sad to c his skin lidat =( nt baby smooth skin. Red patches here n there. Haiz.. ytd mil stil asked me hw cm lidat? I felt like tellin her it’s their family’s genes!! My hb’s bro also v bad case of eczema.
Yalor doin situps for abt 2mths liao but like no help =( shd be ok le rite ur c sect wound? Or can chk w ur gynae if ok to go ahead w tummy exercise?

Choc- aldan likes the jumperoo too! Put him in to test out at kiddy palace tat day n he was so happy jumpin away. Haha.. but reali too ex liao.

chobits,
Wow, envy hor, can see ur boy's teeths liao...My ger drooling so much, can't see anything yet...
I already started applying the gel for her liao..I using Detinox..

Antm,
oh dear...hows aldan today?

morning all, having mon blues now...=( weather also blue blue de...

ant,
oops! how is aldan? is he still coughing? ya, mayb u can consider wearing a mask or when u cough use a tissue or hanky? keep the room vendilated also. aahaha. u told ur hubby wat even ah? hehehe. u must have "song le yi kou qi" that he didnt scold u. hehehe. the cot we bought during the taka fair arrived. it can be converted into a playpen and a starter bed. started to put damien in it so that he will get use to it and gradually move him there when he is older. hopefully he will like the cot n utilise it if nt waste $$$, like the Amby yao lan....hehehe. hw u going to kick the habit of aldan's going to slp with ur nipple? i duno hw to kick this habit of damien and i duno if its a gd idea to do it anytime soon coz recently damien is refusing milk via bottles...he will drink when i latch him on...so i am rather unwilling to stop latching him to make him slp..coz at least when he latch he drinks...hahah. ya, hubbies...all same same pattern...i can imagine when damien grows older, hubby n damien lying on the bed on their tummies and watching tv together. hahaha. hmm...my supply varies le...every 3hrly i get between 160ml to 230ml..esp at nite now i dun pump i latch instead *coz i am lazy to get up n warm up the milk* sometimes i latch twice a nite next morning i wake up at 530am to pump can get 300+ml..sometimes can get only 160ml..weekends i pump lesser coz if going out i will direct latch also. glad to know aldan has recovered from his fever. this sat bringing damien for his last 6-in-1 and rotavirus..abit worry that he will develop fever n ls esp aft the last rotavirus oral med he developed both...=(

Re: jumperoo
me also thinking of getting one actually but i duno if its a gd idea le...scare damien will outgrow it very soon and esp it so ex! those with jumperoo, is it gd to use?

Re: Semi-solids
looks like quite a num of babies have started on semi solids =) i have tried any on damien yet..waiting for him to turn 6mths...ask u ah, u all started ur babies on rice cereal first or purees first??

angela,
ya, i heard frm old ppl that sweet potatoes will cause wind in the tummy if eaten too much.

chobits,
wah! another baby teething. my damien hasnt show signs of any pearly whites yet..duno i sld be happy or sad. ahhaha

Felval,

our theory ... Jumperoo has got high resale value, therefore still worth to buy and let our boi play for few months, den sell ... cos if u rent it, it is also around $40 - $45 per mth.

Felval- he stil has slight coughin. But so much beta le =) wah ur ss reali gd leh! I also lazy to wake up to make milk so rather latch at nite but nw aldan’s 1st feed wil be abt 6am. in the middle of the nite when he fussed, I dun feed him. Jus pat him n he wil go bk to zzz.. damien stil wakes up twice a nite? V tirin for u leh… since u need to wake up early to wrk! I duno hw to kick his habit leh. Tot of jus continuin to latch him til my ss goes dry. I can pump out only so little but when I latched him, can last him 2-3 hrs leh. So durin wkends, I dun hv to sup so much w fm. Jus latch him. But at wrk, jus pump out n feed every 3 hrs. easier for the teacher. Yalor, go out direct latch the best liao. hee… dun hv to worry abt heatin up milk n wastin if cant finish. U hv to wake up 530am every mornin huh? Everyday nt enough slp rite… I tellin my hb ever since aldan is out, there isnt a day I get enough slp. but for him, it’s diff cos he stil can slp thru to the nxt mornin. Cant hear aldan’s cries at all!! This fri bringin aldan for his jab too. Also hopin he wun develop fever. Past 2 days, see him in agony reali heartache. Even my hb felt the same way. Aldan like groanin in pain but there’s nth much we can do. V heart pain. I wish I was the one in pain instead.

Wishcometrue,
I let my ger try rice cereal 1st, then 2wks later when she neos how to swallow, then i gave her apply puree yest..

Dolly,
True lor, my fren bot liao, now wan to sell it off cos no space to put and her ger out grown liao..

Yueling,
ur ger so cute..looks so comfy in the seat =).

All,
Anyone has dicounts for rasa sentosa or other resorts?Cos my company having this team building day in dec, so was tinking of stayign there 1 nite..but its so ex leh...

feifei/felval,
hehe... He drool for quite some time and suddenly the teeth like come out. Should be quite soon for your babies too. actually very cute to see the whites of the teeth, thou its quite painful for them.

feifei,
where to get detinox? thanks.

Yueling,
your girl looks like she really enjoy the seat. Think my boy cant fit in the bumbo seat soon. He has very big tighs and its like getting to tight for him. =)

Re:Jumperoo
I am also thinking whether to buy one. sign, kids toys are so expensive nowadays.

Felval, Ant,
I'm also thinking to continue latch at night till he weans himself off cos it's so much easier than waking up to warm up milk. But hor, i'm afraid he will get 'addicted' to latching at night cos i notice some nights he latch only 5-10mins like for comfort only.

Now i'm not pumping in the day liao. Since he's officially turning 6months this Thursday, I now pump only once a day in the evening or night. Weekends going out i try to time it in such a way won't interrupt his milk so i dun hv to latch him or warm up milk outside. I worry if i latch him in daytime, my body the next day will start to make milk at that same time then siao liao. But warming up milk in public is a big headache unless the nursing room has powerpoint and i bring my warmer along! I tried using hot water flask..wah piang...need alot of water wor. Then again, i very stubborn abt feeding him BM only.

Going Malacca this long wknd, i was wondering how to feed him BM outside when shopping. Hubby suggested intro FM liao. Sigh...i still thinking abt it.

kelcqi

If u want to try those tablets i mention , pm me ur addy can mail to u , more info of the tablet can check out this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cetirizine
btw what is the outcome of ur skincentre visit what did the doctor say ?

felval

I got a jumperoo for my ger, she loves it in fact if u make the boint boint sound she knows it means jump jump he he ! but of course dun leave them too long in jumperoo coz they get tired easily &amp; lose interest quite fast !

Purees,

already printed several purees recipe but waiting for my ger to turn 6 mths first lor !

Diana,

sure, let's meet at the registration counter at 3.15pm, can ? Should be able to recognise u ba, btw, are u bringing bb along ?

Back