(2008/05) May 2008

WCT..me too...missed my baby "moving" inside my womb. Tmr is his full month, though i'm happy he's growing well but i'm also worried tat time flies too fast & soon I hv to go back to work. So we better treasure every minute of it!

be@ns,
ya lo..missing my baby's movements in me too..miss the 24x7 i have with him *hehe*

we better really treasure these moments soon lo...baby growing up v fast and in a blink of an eye who knows they can crawl, walk n run liao...

i siao liao. haha. baby only 6th day only and i think so far..hehehe. i need to keep myself rooted to the ground b4 i get drifted away by all these thoughts. =P

felval,
can ask the nurse to help you? Tell the nurse to come in and say you need to rest, ask your ILs to keep the visit short!

Wct, better keep taking lotsa photos...i can't believe my boy boy have grwon sooo much! But sometimes i still find him a "stranger"...me siao oredi!

Hello!

I wish to sell away my Avent ISIS manual breast pump which I have just brought it yesterday night from Metro Woodlands (I still have the receipt with me).

Brought it at S$100.90, now selling at S$80 only. It’s brand new and unused except that I have open the packaging. Collection at Yishun area/ Mrt. Pls sms me @ 9654 6800…First come first serve…

Reason to sell is bacause my hb had brought me the Medela Mini Electric yesterday too! He shld have tell me earlier… arrghh…

tracy,
ya, that is wat i plan to do today. dun wanna give face liao..give face end up i myself so tired n fedup.

now v sleepy already. woke up twice last nite to pump out my milk...ask u ah, if my baby overslpt his feeding time do u wake baby up for feed? i tried to latch him on just now and tempt him with my nipples but he just wanna slp le...he is already 1 hr overdue his feeding time...wonder he will get hungry nt...

b3@ns,
yaya! keep taking pics but only when he is awake... u take pics even when he is aslp mah?

hahaa. why find him a stranger? coz u havent get to know him better izit? i think i siao...obsessed with mine liao...carrying him in my arms all day i also dun mind. heehhe

felval,
Good for you! You need rest lah, esp now in hospital good chance to rest better use it!

my PD told me for newborn mus wake them up to feed cos sometimes they do not know they are hungry. they hv to feed 3-4hourly. unwrap him, change his diaper to wake him up.

yup... took his pics awake & asleep...cos most of the times he's sleeping & when he's awake, mummy hv to carry him...hmm...maybe shld also take his naked pics too!
Although i love to carry him all day but better not, later i'll suffer & also my babysitter will suffer too.

Good day Ladies,

Waliao, Sian. The CHee-Na woman and the baby is here. Remember the one my FIL supported his bro to go out and have affair with that Chee-Na woman??? THey come uninvited loh. Now I stay inside my own room. Stupid PILs so happy to see the baby. So fake! As if they really love kids! Then still psycho hubby to ask me abort last time. Seeing this family makes me feel so unhappy over 2 reason.
1. I expecting a gal. I damn scare FIL will use this reason to tell hubby I nv carry on family line and encourage hubby to go have an affair.
2. The Chee-Na woman and my FIL's pretentious behavior over the baby. Reminded me of hubby telling me his parents asking him to consider about keeping this child.

The baby damn irritating. Keep screaming and yelling. Then FIL bring out some lousy noisy toy making alot of irritating sound. So Pek CHek. Suddenly I feel like crying again now. I hope this family don't come to hospital when I pop!

My lower tummy damn pain again. Like constipation like that. I try shitting but nothing comes out. Double sian. My mood for whole day ruin liao.

COme back shortly to reply post. Hubby's back with my lunch.

Re: Diapers
I'm need to upgrde to size M Pampers...but since i'm on confinement, I can't leave the house to shop. I need to know wat are the diff types of Pampers in the market for Size S. I'm prefer the Tape tat is not adhesive, so wont stick to my baby's skin. Any idea wats the name of the range?

be@ns, so fast size M liaoz?? wow..

pampers size M there's pampers active baby (more expensive), pampers baby dry (mid range) and the new cheaper range pampers comfort. my sis uses the pampers baby dry, no adhesive, only velcro tape..

Thanks Lynn! I've bought lotsa of newborn size & my fren gave me a packet of Comfort S, but surprisingly the S size is as small as the Active Newborn i'm using. So i reckon i hv to upgrade to M very soon. Am asking a fren to buy from Msia as it's cheaper. Think i'll go with Active if the diff in prices is not tat great from Baby dry. Cos my boy can really wiggle!

hi ladies,
just like to know if the chinese name on the birth cert is still written by ourselves like the past or have they upgrade to typing in by computer?

WCT you are handling very well with BFing...

Your PIL let me think of my room mate during my TMC stay, her mother or MIL stay till very late think after 12mn, I am very piss off with them ask nurse to chase them out, they still refuse to leave and I even tell them I need to rest please be quiet and they can whisper loudly. Really bth.

Poko,

Yah, me delivering at TMC. They got give nipple cream meh? Till now I haven recieve my breast pump yet, I'm thinking if there is a need to bring a pump there...

Felval,

I also don't have the mood to entertain the relatives in law at my place now. I find my uncle in law very disgusting. U know hor, almost 50 yrs old liao, still so proud and show off, say dunno who and who's kid older than his baby have to address his baby as uncle. I hear liao feel so disgusted. Dunno what is the word call SHAME...

10pm??? They dunno the hospital visiting hrs issit? Next time go out and ask the nurses to help. Tell them to come n chase ur in laws away?

Hush hush, don't cry... I think you are too tired and fed up liao, thats why u wanna cry. Woman in confinement cannot cry meh? Haiz. I don't know if I can control next time or not leh...

Waliao. Your PILs really buay Zi Dong leh. Your parents already hint liao and they are made of wood issit?

Heh, I dare not comment on your SIL cos I also sama sama. I said mah, I don't like my PIL's relative, I also don't greet them. Like my uncle in law outside, I saw him I also nv greet. Don't give my PILs any face... They wanna say I rude, then say loh. Not like I depend on them for survival. Anyway the uncle in law also come with a motive one. Wanna ask hubby to help him print letters etc. So no need to give them face.

So sian they are ard. Hubby went out to get lunch for me mah. Then he bot sugarcane juice for me. In the end there are guest ard, Hubby gave his share to them and share my sugarcane juice with me . I very bu gan yuan loh. My PILs guest, they themselves dun wanna stock up packet drinks or what, then ppl come to house, always take our drinks to serve them. Not I miser, I only buay song my PILs cos they are nasty to me, thats why I very calculative towards them. Very bad hor?

Hi everyone, I so bo eng to post...

Just had my first massage with Hamidah. I actually called Rohaya but then turned out that another lady, Hamidah came. And realised it's the same lady that Yaoyaomum used. Now I'm in a wrap. The massage painful la. Her hand power man, so much strength. Then when she massage baby's tummy like very hard like that. Baby kept crying but after that slept soundly. Hopefully will really reduce baby's wind in tummy. Poor thing!

Hopefully after 7 sessions, will see the effect..

I'm going to pump milk..

Lynn,
today is my 12days after bb pop & I start bf the next day after delivery. During my stay at hospital, the nurse guided me & I see bb latching, I am so happy & of cos initial few days, he latch on very long but I am happy cos I thought I feed him enough... but yesterday & today, he latch on a while then fall asleep, instead of happy, I am sad cos like no milk liao & he sian le so sleep better...

Latching doesn't seem to help me increase my supply...

icebaby,
u 6th day can have 60ml, very good already....very envy...

Felval & Tracy,
thanks for your encouragement...

my MIL said if breasts no hard means no milk.. so I only pump when I feel a bit hard instead of 3hrly... I am scare to see no supply when pumping.

I also missed bb movement in me too... can chat with him & bringing him around with me all day long.

Sometime I might be unhappy to see mil playing with bb, dunno why recently my mood swings. Actually should be happy that bb been loved by so many ppl...
During pregnancy, I dun even have mood swings.

Mummies I am starting a bp on
THERMOS SHUTTLE CHEF
THERMOS FOOGO FOOD JAR, STRAW BOTTLE N SIPPY CUP ETC..

Thanks to take a look if u are interested
happy.gif
Thanks alot!
happy.gif
Have a nice day, mummies!
happy.gif

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1431774.html?1211266723

aiyo...
cannot say de...
just now went to pump only manage to get 30ml nia...
maybe i too tired today... nv sleep much last night cos he wakes up every 3 hrs...

not enuff for him to drink liao
after drinking from the bottle, i latch him on and he managed to suck for another 15 mins before sleeping...
kinda depressed le...
wanna go buy forumla for him incase
which brand is good?

ask u all ah, for EBM, how do u all feed it to ur baby? via teat or cup? my baby is rejecting cup feed now on my EBM but i am afraid to give him teat le...how how?

hi felval,

i have tried cup feeding, but there again, when my boy is very hungry, at times he got choked, so no choice, in the end, i gv him bottle feed.

Poko,

Okok, I go request for 1 tube. Then I can compare if Avent is better or Medela. Avent one I find it kinda smelly. But nipple itchy and I read up on it, they said too dry, that's why I went to get the nipple cream.

Luvbella,

I'm having very bad mood swings now... And I haven pop yet. Feeling very emotional recently. Little things I feel like crying. Don't know is it becos I'm feeling so uncomfortable or wat? I'm scare it'll get worst when baby is out...

Icebubbles,

I stand by a bottle of Friso Gold 1. But I am thinking since 1st mth got CL, I hope to let bb go fully on BM. But dunno if it's possible...

Finished pumping my milk, seems like it doesn't increase one. Sigh.. Only 180ml after 4.5 hours. Later maybe try to pump earlier.

I also missed my pregnancy since the day I came home.. Sigh...

icebubbles, I used Similac during the first few days.

felval, I feed my baby using Avent bottle. If you want to direct BF then better cup feed cos some babies will have nipple confusion. So if you bottle feed for too long, he may not want to latch on after that cos he may not know how to suck from breast or too impatient to suck.

As for my baby, he still can latch on la although I've been bottlefeeding him. But sometimes, when he's cranky, he doesn't want to latch on.

luvbella,
its normal to have mood swings after delivery. dun stress over the breastfeeding. if need to supplement with FM while establishing your supply, just do so. Too stress also will affect milk supply.

felval,
I bottle feed cos I already exclusively pumping. i tried cup feeding when i return from hospital but i guess the nurses are better at it. I couldn't cup feed him successfully. Maybe when CL goes home I may direct latch when I not in time to warm up the milk.

icebubbles,
I standby Friso cos my #1 also taking Friso.

luvbella, even if breasts not hard still will have some milk, although might be lesser. just keep to the pumping schedule and ss should increase.

WCT, me feed with Avent bottles. So many people say babies might have niple confusion, but my gal can still suckle from my good side, no problem. even all my frens and colleagues all say their babies no nipple confusion too. really yet to hear from someone whose baby has nipple confusion, wonder if it's just a ploy to discourage us from using the bottle!

icebubbles, i used similac, but only supplementing one of 2 feeds at night. so far no problem..

re: nipple cream..

they all seem to indicate the same ingredients, so how to tell if one is better than the other. my Lansinoh one realy like not much use like tat, are the other barnds worth trying?

Lynn,
now that you mention, maybe newborns will not have nipple confusion..but when they get older like 2months onwards. Cos my colleague had a hard time introducing the bottle to her boy when she was returning to work. Cos she exclusively direct latch him all the way during maternity leave.

felval,
i feed my boy via Avent bottles too. So far no nipple confusion. He still latch on well directly. Btw is your bloom photo ready to collect? so far i never get any calls or email from maryann yet. Its been 1 month plus liao.

hello ladies
any one of u experience that ur bb nurse shorter and shorter time at ur breasts but bb still is contented and fell asleep?

my boy sometimes nurse for 5mins only and can sleep for at least 2 hrs.. but night time, he keep wanting to nurse..

i find my boy fusses more at night.. depriving me of my sleep.. daytime.. after each feed, he will ZZzz and Zzzz

pooh,
hmm..i read that the bb supposed to be more proficient in emptying the breasts as time goes by. So they may need to nurse shorter but still get enough milk. But if you say he's nursing more at night...he could be cluster feeding:
http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/fussy-evening.html

my boy is now feeding 2hourly day and night. but we need to get the milk ready to be fed on the dot cos once he wants the milk, he really means business. He's rather impatient.

Lynn,

Alot of ppl said Avent Nipple cream gd. But I try hor, I dun like the smell leh. Machiam smell like expired butter like tt. Haha... But I haven latch on baby, so dunno if gd or not.

hi everyone,

lelong lelong!!!!

One brand new 900g Friso 1 for sale going at $20.

one brand new 400g Smiliac follow on (abv 6 mths) going at $10 (Neg)

Self collection at orchard after office hours. Interested parties, pls pm me.

wct,
no leh. nv bring back the placenta.
seems quite er xin and dunno wat to do with it.
unless u hv plans to dry it up and grind into powder for consumption

woohoo..been a busy aftnn...trying to do direct BF...now baby finally sound aslp again...so is hubby. hahhaa.

tracy,
ya. today more peaceful.hehehe. my parents came awhile, brewed me a flask of logan-red dates drink which they brewed everyday and bring over to me.
see them i feel so much better...imagine if its my PILs think till now sure will not go off yet...now i pray...hopefully they dun pop by tonite...

okok. thanks...my baby was 1.5hrs overdue and my hubby still says let him slp...i told him long overdue liao, need to get him to wake up to drink liao...

be@ns,
agree...if carry him till he used to it then sure suffer in future. hehehehe especially if he needs to be pat to slp or rock to slp.

kelcqi,
it takes 2 to clap. even if PIL ask ur hubby to, will he? do u have faith in him?

poko,
thanks~ trying my best to provide for my baby =)
haiz...these ppl really bu zi dong le...u already tell them to kepe quiet but still like that...duno why got such ppl ard...
visiting patients in hosp doesnt mean go hosp n gossip and talk loudly and disturb other patients...

they really type out in chinese? any chance of self writing the chinese character? hubby has been practising how to perfect the name lo. ehhehhee

kelcqi,
ignore ur uncle in law lo. if u dun like to entertain them or wat just go back to ur room, can? or ur PIL will nag at u for not being a host and entertain outside?

ya...tell me abt it 10PM ok?! i hope they dun appear tonight...if not i duno how...if ask nurse will be ugly right? this is wat my mum says...if ask nurse to chase them away like nt v nice lo...
my mum ask me to draw curtains then go to slp...ignore them...but they talk so loud...

i duno la. my mum says cant cry one i also first time hear abt it..mayb she just wan me to stop crying. hehehee.

u dun like u dun call ok lo. my mum has nt done anything to my SIL le...mayb she still a spoilt brat that is why...she 19yrs old nia...then dress till like ah lian type...her makeup v thick lo...

i also like tt one...if i dun like the person i also v calculative one. hahhaa. call me bias but once i dun like the person that is it. hehhee.

Luvbella,
no hard means no milk then all the more sld stimulate right? like massage then try pumping..this is wat the nurse at kk teach me la...first 2 or 3days nthing only a few drops of colostrum but the nurse instead on me latching him
(even if not much milk) so that his suckle can help to stimulate the milk flow.

ya...i kind of agree le..actually baby so many ppl love and care for him we sld be happy...but i am the same as u...i dun like my PIL to touch my baby...mayb of some past unhappy experiences so i am very bias towards them...even thou they treat me nicer since i got preg but stil that doesnt change the impression i have of them...
mayb the mood swings coz we didnt rest well + need to cope with baby + frustrations from ppl like MIL? for me i didnt really rest well la then plus my PILs like tt...haiz..these 2 days been feeling v fedup and wanna cry....past few days cry coz of baby's G6PD but these 2days coz of my PILs...haiz...

dolly23,
thanks for the advise..in the end i also ended up giving him EBM via bottle...cup feed him he waste so much BM i see liao heart pain...so i took the risk to bottle feed him. guess wat? think he hungry or he used to suckle liao, within mins he finish everything! hehehe. but i scare so i latch him on aft the bottle, lucky he still wans my breast. hahaha.

cherimoya,
180ml is alot le!!! hehehe.
ya...but i see my baby these few days kind of rejecting cup feed le...feed him he just wriggle and waste my BM...so tried using teats just now..but aft tt i meediate latch him on somemore...hehehe.

tracy,
do u alt the teats and ur breasts?

jer,
sorry to update u, ya...photos ready for collection. maryann called me last thurs...ehhee. the morning aft i delivered so i forgot abt updating u. hehee. so far havent go collect la...been staying in the hosp ground since i stepped iin on last wed 8am.hahaha

Luvbella,
ya. i control my diet like no ginger, no herbs, no chicken essense...especially since my boy has G6PD...then i try not to take too much food cooked with alcohol...DOM all these can drink but only aft BF baby.

icebubbles,
drying up is we own self do one ah? i thot mayb can bring to some medical hall for them to process...

me requested for it la..coz i intend to make into facial cream...but hearsay can but duno who can do...anyway me still in hosp so i just keeping it in the fridge here...need to decide fast if i wan it coz cant anyhow dispose off the placenta...its consider as an organ...anyhow dispose will kena catch by police....

WCT,
I did comtemplate bringing the placenta back, but didn't coz' it's just like meat, and hubby need to come back quickly to store it in fridge, instead of keeping me company in hospital that night. Next thing, is you need to know how to process it, coz' it's meat and if not handled properly, baterial might grow, and imagine putting this in the midst of other food in the fridge. I found a few ways of consuming it, the neatest is to dry it, grind it into powder and put in capsule, but have not found out who can do this.

WCT, check with you, how is your stitches healing? KKH does not give any medicine to dry or speed up the healing process right ? I am now in day 7, but still feel sore down there. Gynae also didn't prescribe any thing .... only say stitiches will dissolve on its own, but didn't say by when.

WCT,

Yah. The pregnancy bump is a very nice feeling...esp the movements. And yes, tears will flow when you think abt "how he/she came out of me". I always feel that same way as you do. =)

Aiyah, i wait until "1st month celebration" on sat...hope take a few more pics...then show off bah.

Cheri,

180ml in 4.5hrs. That's alot liao!

icebubbles,

Same here. All my kids drink Friso. If Friso not suitable, can try Nan 1. Cos my 2nd boy wasn't able to drink Friso 1 in the begining (but he took Friso 2 after 5 mths), so gave him Nan 1. Also not bad.

hi felval,

so now u dun have to worry as your baby is still willingly to latch on even you have bottle feed him ... Jia you !

hi cheri,

you are my idol man ! 180ml in 4.5hrs ... i dun think i have got so much milk.

Hi all mummies on EBM

does your baby have latch on problem later? cos i tried to latch on my baby after 7 days of exclusive pumping. he refuses and make a lot of fuss. only suck one or two times and turned away. even the LC at parentcraft today cannot make him latch on properly. sigh...

the other problem is tat my baby simply refuse to drink milk, even we bottle feed the EBM, he only drink a bit then fell asleep. no matter how we tried to make him awake, he just slept through. now he only drink abt 40-60ml per feed for a 11 old day baby. even the PD said it's too little. anybody got any idea on how to make him drink more??? really frustrated and worried. now even my supply is more than wat he can drink. i start storing in the freezer liao.

just got a call from PD tat my baby's jaundice level is up again to 13.6. despite having gone through phototherapy for two days last week. sigh.. really worried sick.

gals, my boy seems abit cranky today.. dunno y.. he refuse to slp during day time den when he finally fall aslp he can suddenly cry loudly out of a sudden.. im really worried.. dunno wats wrong.. furthermore, his milk drink habit very funny.. he can get hungry very fast.. liked within 2hrs.. we feed him FM ard 100ml - 120ml.. but he still cries after awhile.. dunno wats wrong..

Jo, Icebubbles,

Congrates on the arrival of your baby

Avent Manual Pump,
I have been trying to familiar of how it works & find that it needs some skill to pump like lean forward & stop every 15 mins for each side of breast. Actually quite tiring cox it took me at least 45 mins just for 40ml BM pump out. My colleage told me it's like that because my milk SS still very low. Sometimes i keep on pumping but didn't hold properly then the BM leak from the connectinng bottle, waste lei...

Diapers,
So far best diapers i let my baby tried is Pigeon, no side leak, very soft surface & keep baby buttock dry after 2 to 3 hrs. I bought from Taka baby fair, cost about $0.39 per piece for S size, cutting a bit bigger for new born.

Diapers price for sharing,
I happen to browse through some of the old threads for the price of diapers & updated some brands with new price (sorry the table format doesn't work):

Brand Quantity Price Buy from Unit price
GOON newborn 58 $15.50 www.diapers.com.sg $0.27
GOON S 63 $14.80 www.diapers.com.sg $0.24
Huggies Ultra newborn 24 $10.80 www.diapers.com.sg $0.45
Huggies newborn 24 $4.99 Giant $0.21 (old price)
Huggies S 24 $6.30 Giant $0.26 (old price)
Huggies Ultra Jumbo (S,M,L,XL, XXL) 44, 40, RM24.99 Giant (M’sia) RM0.57, RM0.62
34, 30 RM0.74, RM0.84
Drypers WeeWee dry S 64 $13.04 Giant $0.20 (old price)
Mamy Poko newborn 30 $12.15 Giant $0.41 (old price)
~~ 30 RM25.49 Giant (M’sia) RM0.85
Mamy Poko S 48 $15.99 Giant $0.33 (old price)
Mamy Poko M 44 $16.20 Sheng Shiong $0.37
Mamy Poko Disney (S, M) 48, 44 RM38.89 Giant (M’sia) RM0.81, 0.88
Nepia M $13.48 NTUC (old price)
Pampers newborn 36 $17.95 Giant $0.50 (old price)
Pampers newborn 36 $16.50 Baby Kingdom $0.46 (old price)
Pampers newbord 58 $26.90 Giant $0.46 (old price)
Pampers S 58 $26.90 Giant $0.46 (old price)
Pureen S 10 $2.70 Baby Kingdom $0.27 (old price)
Pureen S 66 $14.20 Baby Kingdom $0.22 (old price)
Pureen S 66 $11.99 Giant $0.18 (old price)
Pigeon S 54 $21.00 Takashimaya $0.39
Sealer newborn 48 $9.99 Giant $0.21 (old price)

Baby winds in stomach:
I have tried baby massage on the stomach & back it does help to make baby fart but the winds come back again next day. Also try to feed "Gripe water" to baby but doesn't show much effect. Still trying to find out other ways... Any advice from other mummies?

I am latching in the day time and bottle feed at nite. I am using NUK teat...

My boy have nipple confusion after he is full mth after I give him frozen BM. He drink lesser and lesser from bottle. So I try a lot of teat I think the worst design is pigeon traditional teat as BB don't need to suckle and the milk will just flow out. So after using it my boy tot that my nipple also don't need to suckle and he just hold on to my nipple and wait for the milk to flow out. So I use back NUK after that...

Luvbella
I don't control my diet while bfing, but I eat supplyment like fish oil and Calcium tablets and I drink BF milk. As I realise after a while I feel aching on my knee think is the lost of calcium.

Hey Jer I didn't join my HB while he do her BC in TMC but I think they are using computerise to print out the name. You just need to ensure the writing of the name is correct.

Don't wait until breast hard then pump pump to stimulate the flow...

BTW can get free milk from those milk company just call to request they will sent to you... Also can get from PD. Before you discharge get a few bottle from the nurse too. Tell them is to standby incase no milk.

felval,
you ask me the question at the right time. I jus latched him at 5.30pm cos aunty was busy cooking. He still recognise my nipple and latched 30mins on left breast, 10mins on right. The last time i latched him was at least more than 3 days ago. Sorry bad memory now, can't remember when i last latched.

peace,
just to share with you, it took me 2weeks for the stitches down there to stop feeling sore.

yanling,
maybe your baby is sleeping more due to his jaundice? jaundiced babies tend to be more sleepy.

Back