(2008/05) May 2008

ya my MIL also asked me to use cloth diaper during the day then disposable during nite. but she is not going to help me wash lor. i think it is too lay chay lah. tat's why i just tell my hubby that i am not going to listen to ur mother.

anyway, i also want to ask the same question, how big is our tummy supposed to be now? cos mine doesn't seem change much leh.

Hi ladies,

My own opinion for diaper, for my #1 initially i tried using cloth diapers but same as tracy, in the end i gave up. It will only be better for baby skin if you are able to change every single time the baby pee if not just one pee the baby will be soak in wet cloth nappy and it might cause rashes. I never try Nepia before for my baby, he have been using drypers thru out till we change to huggies for pullup diapers. Maybe will try Nepia on my #2 cos heard quite a few good review about it.

lastime i also have rashes on my hand and leg, and Dr ang said is ok, and will nt affect bb, so i just ignore it, and i din apply anything on it, it disappeared itself few days later..

Actually to think of it, what we decide to use on baby now, baby might not like or suit. So ultimately, the first few months is trial and error, this brand milk powder dun suit baby.. change, that brand diaper dun suit baby.. change. So it will boil down to each individual baby on what suit them best and what they like best.

Smurferoos- i chk my coy HR website, i can do tat. n there r ppl who did the same b4 too. so i jus need to cm bk 1 day to pack n leave! keke

Jer,
I agree, I had many trial and errors with my first baby too. Initially she didn't like Avent teats so had to buy Nuk bottles n teats. Then later she change back to Avent. Tried so many types of pacifier too. So I spent quite alot on my first baby....

Wow, it sounds so difficult planning for baby! Milk bottles, teats, diapers and milk powder we have to get ready before giving birth right?

These costs a lot of money, and then if it turns out baby can't use these then $$ down the drain plus stress on us to rush out and buy new ones.. Just thinking abt it also stressed...

But that made me note to wait for robinsons sale and buy at robinsons cos their return policy is the most generous at 90 days, otherwise buy elsewhere sure no hope to return/exchange stuff..

Hi mummies, I read in another thread abt nepia diapers too. Some mummies swear by it. But I think I'm likely to use pampers to play safe. Dunno yet, see how when baby born lah. I heard some hospital will give u a pack of pampers to take home when discharge rite? Wondering if TMC have such practise?

hi ladies, here is the not so updated list as I may have missed some posting. Shld you have any updates... pls let me know so that I can update it.

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>EDD </TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Child #</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>ant1712</TD><TD>1st </TD><TD>Dr C Khi </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Baby Blue </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>baby</TD><TD>1st </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>jaspire</TD><TD>1st </TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Baby Pink </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>muzicgal</TD><TD>1st </TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Soong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>piggylim</TD><TD>1st </TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>rantingbaby</TD><TD>1st </TD><TD>Dr Lee I Wuen</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>taman jrg</TD><TD>1st </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>icebaby</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC/Mt A.</TD><TD>3rd</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>bluelips</TD><TD>4th</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>sugar</TD><TD>4th</TD><TD>Dr Sim LN</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Baby Blue </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>xavpris</TD><TD>4th</TD><TD>Dr SC Quek </TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>Baby Pink </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>bonjon</TD><TD>5th</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>kab</TD><TD>5th</TD><TD>Dr Yeap ML</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>snoopie</TD><TD>5th</TD><TD>Dr W.K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>dewdrops</TD><TD>7th</TD><TD>Dr Chin </TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>smurferoos</TD><TD>7th</TD><TD>A/Prof John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>Baby Blue </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>courage</TD><TD>8th</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>Baby Blue </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>liszt</TD><TD>8th</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>piggy mummy</TD><TD>8th</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Baby Pink </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>twinkle star</TD><TD>8th</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>xiuxiu</TD><TD>8th</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>cherimoya</TD><TD>10th</TD><TD>A/Prof John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Baby Blue </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>diana</TD><TD>10th</TD><TD>Dr Beh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>jen</TD><TD>10th</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>poko</TD><TD>11th</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>sunshine</TD><TD>11th</TD><TD>Prof Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>littlebaby</TD><TD>12th</TD><TD>Dr Loh SF</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>choc</TD><TD>13th</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>dolly23</TD><TD>13th</TD><TD>Dr C Khi </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>juin</TD><TD>13th</TD><TD>Dr Yeah ML</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>missymouse</TD><TD>13th</TD><TD>Dr TC Chang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>Baby Pink </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>ylyn</TD><TD>13th</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>lynn</TD><TD>15th</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Baby Pink </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>melc</TD><TD>15th</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>pooh</TD><TD>15th</TD><TD>Dr Chua</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>3rd</TD><TD>Baby Blue </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>PL</TD><TD>15th</TD><TD>Dr Loh SF</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Jer</TD><TD>16th</TD><TD>Dr Chen LH</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>Baby Blue </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>winnedy</TD><TD>16th</TD><TD>Dr Yeoh SC</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>gosh</TD><TD>17th</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>jocelyn ng</TD><TD>17th</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>peace(II)</TD><TD>18th</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>reddates</TD><TD>18th</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>tracy</TD><TD>18th</TD><TD>Dr. Yvonne Soong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>Baby Blue </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>dearie e</TD><TD>19th</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>Gina Loh</TD><TD>19th</TD><TD>Dr. Vincent Lee</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>Jacqueline Chan</TD><TD>19th</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>luvbella</TD><TD>19th</TD><TD>Dr S Nair</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>moony</TD><TD>19th</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>birdy</TD><TD>20th</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>jessl</TD><TD>21st</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>doglover</TD><TD>23rd</TD><TD>Dr Jeanette Chen</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>poky</TD><TD>24th</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>harnee</TD><TD>25th</TD><TD>Dr Sim LN</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>icebubbles</TD><TD>25th</TD><TD>Dr Heng TL</TD><TD>Eastshore</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>annabelle</TD><TD>26th</TD><TD>Dr CK Tho</TD><TD>TMC/Mt A.</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>jo</TD><TD>28th</TD><TD>Dr C Khi </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>sparks</TD><TD>29th</TD><TD>Dr HH Chan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>58</TD><TD>friesbandit</TD><TD>30th</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>59</TD><TD>kelcqi</TD><TD>31st</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>60</TD><TD>yanling</TD><TD>31st</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>Baby Blue </TD></TR><TR><TD>61</TD><TD>mei</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>62</TD><TD>cu2nite</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>63</TD><TD>LynnLynn</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>64</TD><TD>shufen</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hello jaspire, can you help me update my EDD to 7th May, my doctor is Dr Kek, will be delivering at Mount E and i am having a baby boy

thanks!

Hi Tracy,
for my boy, we change milk powder and diapers. For the pacifier, we change numerous cos he keep crying and trying to use it to prevent colic then in the end, he dun like pacifier at all.

Hi lynn,
ya, during the trial and errors period, sometimes it will really gets to your nerves but have to stay and think positive as that the period we will bond and understand our baby. Everyone got to Jia You!!!

today go all the way to TMC to apply for the FBI card and register the antenatal class...mine is on the sat 7pm to 9pm by Wong B B. =)

Kelcqi,
TMC uses pampers diapers. Any balance after your stay will be given to you. I'll be ordering Nepia later, if you need samples later on to try, can always get from me.
happy.gif

Lynn,
Dun stress, dun stress. Jus buy the popular ones first, later if not suited to baby, then get hb or fren to go buy for you during your confinement.

Jer,
My baby also was colicky and that drove me nuts! And I was all alone looking after her and having to pump milk at the same time...looking back, I'm surprised I could manage and remain sane. hubby was doing part-time studies in the evening at that time. Hahaha...

Hi All,
Like to find out how much is one visit to your gynae? A simple one with only scan to see baby ok..

Btw, im doing my detailed scan on 4th Jan.. How much is that going to cost?

Hi Gals,
Just a reminder. Please keep all your consultation receipts. You can claim medisave with those receipts. This can be done when you submit your hospital delivery bills.

winnedy, we can claim how many % of the maternity consultations? my gynae has on his receipt short scan $30, consultation $40.

forgot if my gynae said the detailed scan is included in the package or not, i'm going to do it 28 dec.

any mummies planning to do 3D/4D scan? when would that we around?

just checked, my package includes 3D/4D scan but not the detailed scan? so weird..

guess i must arrive at TMC earlier to apply for the FBI card. i understand we can get the discount for the detailed scan immediately on applying for the card right?

jaspire, your gynae charges are very reasonable!

Lynn, yes you can go earlier to apply the FBI card and use it immediately on the day to get discount for detailed scan.

Yeah, my gynae charges is very very cheap as compared to most other gynae. Hee... can help save alot.

piggy mummy, I spent $148 for the FBI card. But other than discount from detailed scan, i signed up for Childbirth Education Classes oso got discount and there are many other things oso. U can check out the website. Overall, find it quite worthwhile.

Hihi,
I tot 3D/4D scan = detailed scan??

Im not sure how many % medisave can reimburse?

Is the FBI card only applicable for TMC?

Btw, who is the recommended instructor for Antenatal classes at TMC? Anyone going for the yoga?

Hey Jasprie please help me update Just back from seeing my gynea, I am having a girl this time 8) But see him due to I can't sleep well over the pass few weeks feeling terrible. He say try another med and see whether can I sleep better with it else got to see phychologist. Poor me can't take any pain killer to kill away the migraine only allow to take panadol 8( He say other pain killer might cause bb heart got hole. Make me worry as I take once before I know that I am preggie 8(

Poko, congrats on your baby gal! I think you need to destress. I oso have migraine but i try to do deep breathing, go for walks etc to destress. I dun even dare to take panadol wor. But i think the one u took b4 u knew you are preggie is fine. Baby is too young. No heart formed yet. So dun worry.

Winnedy, ask to go for Mrs Wong Boi Boi's classes in TMC. She is really very gd and very dedicated! You will learn alot from her.
happy.gif

Hi All,
I have not been waking up for the past few nights. Waking up to visit the washroom or leg cramps (major and minor ones).

I have also been having DREAMS every night!! Yesterday was all about my work!! I will take about 20 mins before I can fall asleep again..

Am i too stress??

Is this consider sleeping disorder?

Hi Poko,
I have migraines as well. But I go for weekly or bi-weekly shoulder massage at this place in River Valley. All the Chinese aunties in there. You have to ask for specific aunties though...

I go for such massages as the cause of my migraine came from shoulder and neck ache.

30 mins for $20.
60 mins for $40.

I would not say its gone but not severe. Last time I will have migraines and vomit as well.

Winnedy, I think maybe your case is due to adjustment lah. Adjustments sometimes can cause dreams and sleeping difficulties as well.

Try to relax, listen to some slow music, have a warm drink like milk before u sleep, might help u to sleep better. Else, U can also buy essential oils to burn in your room, those will help to calm your nerves and sleep better also.

I didn't sleep well also, cos every few hrs wake up to pee. I realized I pee more frequently recently. Guess baby's weight on the bladder bah...

Winnedy,
I too have lots of dreams, some are quite funny. Last weekend, dreamt bb arrived. On day 2, bb can talk liao, spoke to us in hokkien "yesterday just arrived, can't sleep!" LOL .... during 1st tri i mostly had nitemares like dreaming of snakes. The ones in 2nd tri, most of the dreams are quite entertaining ...

ladies,
I usually sleep on my sides, but sizes not as in the waist part, some times, the position is tilted towards the front, do you all know if i would be landing my weight on bb ?

Hey thanks all...

I also visit toilet more often during the nite. I got another problem my boi like to sleep beside me. Although we use to put him on the mattress beside our bed after he is deep sleep but middle of the nite he will crawl back and sleep next to me. Once I shift to sleep on his and when I open my eyes he is next to me. Even I sleep next door when he is awake he will bring his bolster and come sleep with me for awhile. Sweet if I am not preggie, now I just feel tired. Bad Mom...

Gynea say is not common for my case as my brain is active even I am sleeping and with pill I sleep deeper but will have dream like going for operation kind of thing. He give me something stronger I think just got to try taking it for the next 7 days and see whether the situation get better or not.

Morning ladies, I start having dreams every night since last week. The worst is last nite when i dreamt that my hb scold me and i cried like hell. When i'm awake, i realise i'm really on verge of crying! The dream is so vivid.
I also wake up abt 3 - 4 times every night now to visit toilet. So frustrating. I've stop drinking water before bed and pee before bed. Duno where the water come from...

Yesterday i finally buy the 1st item for my baby... A wardrobe...

Can i check for the class, hb can join in for all sessions? Is the registration counter open after office hours? My next appointment gona be end of this mth, duno be too late for registration.

Lynn,
I intend to do the 3D/4D scan which is performed around 26-28 weeks. Done it during my 1st pregnancy and the result is amazing! You get to see if your baby looks like you or your hubby. We even framed the scan pic and it's like baby's 1st photo! I highly recommend it. Hehe....

Winnedy,
The detailed scan can be a normal 2D scan and aims to detect physical abnormalities of the foetus, while the 3D/4D scan done during 26-28 weeks is more like for fun and will only focus on the baby's face.

Poko,
I understand how you feel. Your boy is so sweet.
happy.gif
My boy sleeps in his cot at night. But when awake, he's so clingy to me and always wants me to carry him. It's really tiring when preggy. Sweet but tiring.... Haiz

Back