(2008/05) May 2008

hi, sorry ton interrupt, i am a jul 08 mummy looking to find another kid to start a music class with my daughter's current kindermusik teacher at her place in bukit panjang.i am hoping it will be a long term thing, leading to learning keyboard/piano with her.. it's a once a week 45 min class, on either weekday evenings (8pm) or wed 315pm.. i just need 1 child more as it's 2 to start e class.. pls PM or email me at [email protected] for more details.. thankS!

Hi mummies

sorry to interrupt.

I have 6 bottles of DOM (1litre) & 1 bottle of Yomeishu (700ml) to sell. All brand new! Selling cheaper than retail and provide foc delivery. Pm me if keen. Thanks!! :)

Dear ladies,
As you might recall, I had pre-term labor at week 31, and I was on hospitalisation leave to rest at home. I had finally delivered my bb at full term week 37. 2nd pregnancy is very different from the 1st one whereby I had all the time in the world to rest, and to be selective with the food I ate. For 2nd pregnancy, I was often tired physically, and to my surprise, I had pre-term labor at week 31, although I didn't feel the early contractions. Doctors were not able to explain why I had pre-term labor, all the lab test turned out ok. Anyway, it was over. I'd like to share my birth story, it is very brief, but too much excitement for me!

19th Jun morning - went for weekly review, was 36.5 weeks and VE, I was already 3 cm dilated. Gynae recommended to hang in there for a few more days, continue to lie in bed as much as I can, minimal walking as the force of gravity could soften the cervic further and dilation could progress faster. Continue with Adalat, which control contraction.

For my case, since it's 2nd birth and I was already 3cm dilated, once active labor begins, it might progress very very very quickly. At 36.5 weeks, bb was about 2.8kg, which wasn't very big and likely to be easy to push. So it would be a risk to wait for symtoms to appear while at home, coz' likelihood of me not getting to hospital on time was high. Recommended, we checked in early, if my waterbag doesn't break, she could break it for me, and we control the birth situation.

23rd June Wednesday 7am, exactly 37 weeks, bb of full term, we checked in to KKH delivery suite. Things were very organised. I changed into the labor dress, nicely strapped up in bed. Baby heart beat was good, contraction was not yet regular.

8am - Gynae came in and asked if I want epidural. My threshold for pain had always been very low, and I said "yes, please." Did VE, 4 cm dilated. Wow, I can't believe how it happen! Contraction doesn't have to be painful, and it still could cause dilation. Gynae broke the water bag, ordered oxytocin and said, "if you are fast, we can start pushing at noon or slightly after-noon."

8.30 am to 9am, epidural was administered, at very very low dose. Was educated to press this little button if the pain increase, the computerised system will slowly increase the dose within the 15 minutes span. Contraction on CTG looks regular and quite close now. I was still looking neat and composed, no pain !

9.15am - the pain came in suddenly, it was very intense. Ouch, the whole tummy was painful and the back too. The pain came, lasted awhile, reached a peak, went off but came back very soon, almost like at a mere count of 3.

9.20am - hubby said, why not press this little button to increase dosage of epidural. Ok ok, pressed, heard the little whistle, but the pain release was not instant.

9.25am -
me: nurse nurse, is this computer working?
Hubby chip in: nurse nurse, can use the gas?

9.25am to 9.30am - used the gas, pain still intense, VE 6cm madam. Huh 6cm?

9.35am -
Me: OUCHHHH, this gas also seems useless, nurse.
Did another VE,
Nurse: "Oh, you can try to shit now."
Me: Huh, shit? I don't want to shit.
Nurse: It's the same type of sensation, you can push now.
Me in great disbelief: huh, sure or not? Fully dilated liao?

Pushed with guideance from Midwife and nurse. After 2 pushes, midwife said ok stop, can see bb's head, Nurse called the gynae. Gynae on the way up to labor ward. She was here in a flash.

Gynae and midwife: take a deep breath and push.

9.46am - bb was born, 2,9 kg at birth.

So, if I did not follow gynae's recommendation to check in early, I should be delivering at home !

Peace,

Me nt so good, still having puking on and off. Then, got sensitive skin which resulted rashes outbreak and sensitive nose which resulted in blocked nose daily. Appetite also not so good. As compared to having Daryl, now at 19 weeks I shld be enjoying my pregancy honeymoon but this time seem like there wont be any honeymoon period for me lor.

Anyway, i gng for my detail scan nx friday. Hopefully the 60% will be 100% confirm to be a gal this time. heehee

yo diana!

our thread been quiet leh..hahaaa.... enjoy now and suffer later issit?

hahaaa..... can lar... urs sure girl...if boi also nvm....can reuse the clothing mah...

me also dont feel that good recently... keep throwing up....

choc,

Ur EDD is when? It is like tat for 1st trims lor...but mine now is 2nd trims le...still dun feel good....so i dun noe how to enjoy my pregnancy this time lor....

but hor, as long as baby is doing well and healthy then all is worthwhile lor....and if gal then it is even better....we already know wat name if it is confirm gal le....hahahaha....

remember i say Daryl name is follow my first alphabet of my name....so no. 2 will follow the first alphabet of hb....and i hv chosen the name Sheryl coz the meaning of the name is similar to Daryl name too....muahahaha....and best of all with all my reasoning, hb gif in to me on the naming. ;-p

Diana,
Some of my frens who had gals, also puke and suffer sensitive skin like yours. So yours maybe high chance of gal gal wor.

Choc,
I am still trying to upload, oversize leh.
You preg too ? ;)

Peace,

Is it? But still i miss my radiant and better skin condition when i hv Daryl. muahahaa

In fact, HB was worry about the little one grow seeing me puking on and off. he say will the little one come out skinny as he/she might nt be 'eating' enough since i keep puking and eating very little.

Diana,
No, the little will not be paiseh, she / he will eat all she needs regardless how much you puke.

I can sense the bliss of pregnancy tho you had been puking like mad. hehehe....

Peace,

Tat wat i told my hb....i told him tat he should be worry tat i did nt hv enough nutrient and nt little one esp when i do take mulitvit and calcium pill for the little one lor....muahahaha

peace...yeah...currently around 9weeks lor...
so far no good lar...been throwing up...

sometimes i order a plate of food liao..end up see liao get turns off.. hoho

diana...radiant skin? now mine mostly alot of burst blood vessels..hahaaa...due to violent vomitting.. =X

hi,
sorry to interrupt here..selling this brand new 2-pc swimwear I bought from a BP here recently. Its too small for me so need to sell it off. Pls email me at [email protected]. And ya, free delivery to ur plc. Price: $29.90 Tks.
4177886.jpg

Choc,
Congrats congrats. I feel so excited for you, although the puking is horrible. How is Raphael? Do you find him more cranky after you get preg?

so long never log in liao.. too busy with work.. 1 person doing 2 person's work..

congrats choc!! hope it's a girl..

i'm giving up on having #2 liao cos try for so many months no luck.. feel like just concentrating on my work and ask for promotion and forget about kids. plus matthias has been testing our patience for the longest time! sometimes really wonder why i have a kid.. urrggh.. and maybe i should ask to be posted to switzerland for work..

peace...yes yes...cry at the slightest reason....or no reason... but been very very sticky..much worst than previously u ladies saying him as "koala bear"... now he very possessive leh...

dun like me touching any kids... else get angry lor... even my hb talk to me he also feel jealous...

cheri...dun give up lar..still young...it comes when u least expect it... LOL...
dun put so much stress...who knows..next be u leh

Cheri,
I agree with Choc, bb comes when you least expect it. Just live and BD as normal, and don't think too much about the outcome. My #1 also often test our patience, they are known as "terrible 2" for a reason. ;)

Choc,
Need some patience to talk to your boy, you still got 31 weeks to prepare him for the arrival of a sibling. For our case, hb got to step up the effort to get closer to him. So that #1 will look for him at times, rather than stick to me all the time. The beginning is the hardest, but he later got used to it. Now I had a different challenge. The other night, #1 got up at 5am, asking for milk, I told him, "big boy don't drink milk at night. Get back to sleep, mommy make for you later ok?" He obliged and tried to return to sleep. Then suddenly #2 also cry, it was his feeding time. So I got up to breast feed him. You can imagine how #1 feel. He saw, and got angry, got up and complain (cannot understand his eh eh eh language, but I was sure he was complaining). He used his feet to push my butt off the bed to make milk for him ! Lucky got CL, asked aunty to make for him. After I finish feeding di di, I go and sayang kor kor. Very busy.

peace,
congras on the arrival of ur nb =) rest well while u are on confinement =)

diana,
hope urs will be a baby gal. keep us updated ya. hehehe.

cheri,
ya, u are still young, dun be too stress over it. mayb ur stress frm wk cld also be a reason. take time to wind down =) i am sure u will get wat u wan some days. =)

choc,
hahahaha. Raphael is indeed a v possessive boy. U will have to wk hard to help him change that, if not, its going to be a hard time for u, ur hb and ur mum when the nb arrive.

peace.... LOL...i will still feed raphael if he wake me up middle of nite for milk leh...
my theory is still same..if he asked for it..i will give...else i just zzzz...
hanor..now he notti or throw temper..i will try to endure lor..coz i tink he sense got someone coming to take over his position ba...

then he will say..."phael love mummy,mummy love phael...mummy is mine..." then give me those bear hug lol...hear liao also melt

u still cant resize ur pict ah? hhee

val...soon will be ur turn..haha
when tt time comes... just give NB to hubbby lor..let him bond with new born..else 2 stick with me can die leh

choc,
hahaha. thanks ho.
rem i told u, i asked Damien if he wans didi or meimei, till date he is telling me didi! hahaha.

true la. let ur HB handle nb but when u need to bfeed nb, cant let raphael see if nt cham!

U enrol Raphael to N1 next yr already mah?

val... havent enrol to N1 leh...will be going those neighbourhood one...soon soon...

u leh?enrol liao ah

faint...damien say didi!! i stopped asking raphael this question liao...

choc,
I have already decided on the sch and Damien is on waitlist already but the queue is very long. So going to check out another branch (same sch) which is even nearer to my place. Likely I will put him in there due to convenient sake.

hahaha. u cant ask Raphael tat qn la, if nt he will start to hit himself again and i feel he hit himself v hard lo. see liao oso pain.

Val and Choc,
Don't worry what answer your boy give you, whether di di or mei mei. I kept asking my #1, he always tell me mei mei, but we ended up with di di leh.

Re photo, how to resize?

Choc,

Tell me abt possessive....u noe nw hb cant even hold my hands coz Daryl will scream when he saw....muahahaha....so nw both hb and me wonder if Daryl my son or my lover lor...

and his latest tatic for seeking attention is telling me during bedtime that he want to gek sai.....tat started on last wed nite. he did it again on Thurs and when we thot he will not do it again since he did nt do it on fri and sat nite, he did it again last nite.....but heng, i can still managed to coax him off the toilet and back to bed.

he is not only possesive and get jealous easily over me, but also my parent lor....like wen we went over to my bro house to visit my 3 month old niece, he will try to fight for attention from my parents lor....and it is really funny. but heng is tat he still like baby and so far, he did nt hit baby lor....but his sayang is abit rough though.

recently, he will push us away and ask us to zhou kai (he only say kai and push us) when he is sulking....hahaha.....so drama mama lor....but it is at times funny and cute too lor.

cheri,

remember bb come along when u least expect rite. and well our boys are at the age tat they tend to test our patience lor...but nt forgetting, they are also exploring their curiousity too. it only a passing stage tat will pass before you realise. try to relax ya.

val,

how are u? any good news to share?

yes, i will keep you all updated after my detail scan this friday.

btw, i got a little surprise from my MIL on sat evening during dinner at her house. If you all remember, she did confinement for me for daryl which ended wif some unhappiness and conflict. so this time, hb and me decided to get a confinement lady instead also becoz we find it too taxing for her since she got high blood pressure as this time beside bb, there is an active toddler boy in the house lor.

and we ever openly talking to my BIL in front of her abt getting a CL and hb told me tat he did causally mentioned to her too. then during dinner she suddenly ask me if i dare to eat zhu jiao chu (vinegar pork leg) which hokkien like, (i remember she ever ask me before she did my confinement the last time). but still i reply her nicely tat i nv tried before, but if the CL cook, i will try lor....then she say, "o, u all dun want me to do confinement for u this time huh?" I was SHOCK! thot she already know. but then still i explain to her tat we do not want to tire her out since this time beside bb still hv to take care of daryl. then she ask, but daryl still go to nanny place during the day rite? i say ya, but weekend he be home mah and also we intend to let bb sleep wif the CL at nite, so i can rest at nite lor....and i explain tat due to her high blood, we dare not let bb sleep wif her at nite, in case her high blood pressure will shot up due to lack of rest lor....then she juz reply ah ah ok....then i told her, like tat better, coz she can come to visit when she is free lor...heehee

peace,
hahaha. like tat since Damien said didi so got chance to be mei mei lo? hehehehe.

diana,
i am gd =) if i have gd news and time is right, i will let u all know =)

mayb ur mil is expecting tat u all will get her to help out so she thot when ur hb casually mention to her she didnt take it seriously ba.

cheri,
btw, wat did Matthias do to test u all patience? i think our kids at this age are like tat lo...

Diana,
You found your CL already ? The one that I am currently hiring is very good, much better than the one I used 2 years ago. If you need I can give you her HP number.

peace,

ya, i found le...using my mum's coglis relative....nt sure how good she is lah...but hor, i lazy to go find le...coz the initial lady i wanted to book was fully booked lor...thks for your recommendation.

I guess, the other mummies who still looking for CL will PM u ba.

btw, i think beside Choc and me, there are still some others who are pregnant wif no. 2 ba....anyway, agreed wif Val tat do let us know when the timing is right ba.

Val,

we thot so too....but actually I thot she will nt offer le coz tat time, she also rather unhappy wif us esp me lor, coz of those hyiene issue lor.

Hello everybody,
I am very busy since the #2 arrived. Today my hubby on MC, i finally got little bit of time to come here and peek what's going on.

Congrat to all who are preggie ah!....

Enjoy ya!!

Anyone of you where to buy the play yard?

Corynn,

play yard huh....hmmm...i think i saw it at mum and babe shop before....but nt so sure...coz mine is a hand me down from our sister frenz's SIL lor....heehee.

corynn,
i got the haenim play yard from Cheong Choon.

Sometime back there was a bp on the playyard and big bloks, mayb u can keep a lookout for the bp. If i see the bp, i can update u =)

wow ...good morning, preggie mummies and mummies

this thread is picking up again !

good to hear that everyone is doing fine !

hi mummies, sorry, been real busy at work. u see the fact that i want to concentrate on my work and matthias being so naughty really put me off having another kid. plus it's been a while and no news, i really don't want to drag and feel like just doing my work well. if i'm going to get preggy, i cannot concentrate on my work. haiz.. then if later on i want, then matthias will be too old. really lost and in a dilemma. i know hubby sure very disappointed if he sees this since he very much wanted another few more.

my boss has been good and supportive. and cos he knows i have family commitments, he doesn't want to promote me to stress me..

sian.. career or children?

val, jia you! hope to hear good news from you soon.
matthias has been really really naughty and always crying. really frustrates me alot.

Cheri,
Don't think so much about choosing career or kids, just let nature take its course. Sometimes it hard to choose and even by choosing does not mean our choice will materialised. Maybe take the approach to do what you ought to do and see which one come in first (new baby or promotion).

cheri...yalor...relax relax...now they are at terror 2 stage..super terrible..haha...endure endure...

dun promote increase pay lar =X

Dolly,
ya.. finally the thread is alive again!

Val,
you talking the one at Khoo Teck Phuat hospital right? I called them and they said will inform me when they have open house but till date no phone call from them yet.

Anyway Keon now attending Talentplus =) and next week I going to register primary 1 for Kiern, children really grow up very fast!

dolly/jer,
our thread got high n low tide de..something alot of posts in 1 day, sometimes no post over a few days. =P

jer,
yup KTPH...but i quite skeptical coz its still hosp environment lo...the environment @ occ is better but nt convenient...haiz...why cant i have both convenient and gd environment rope in tog?

anyway their open hse is Jul 24. I have put Damien on waitlist for OCC but the Q is super long....

v fast ho! Kiern going pri 1 next yr le..a new phase in his life...anyway, which pri sch do u intend to enrol Kiern to? Northland?

Jer,
yeah yeah ... the thread is alive again ! btw ... so how is Keon adapting to the school ? from the way i see, shd be no problem for him to adapt.

i am still looking forward to next yr whereby R is attending daily school, guess i will be feeling more excited than him.

Hi all...juz to update but guess some already know. My no. 2 is confirm to be Gal le....hurray!!!

Val & Cheri,

Sprinkle some baby dust on you all!!

Val,
same here, that why i want to see where exactly the cc situated. Yes putting Kiern into Northland cos dun need to ballot and also dun need to do parent volunteering, haha! Some have to do pv to get in northland since I dun need then must grab hold of this advantage!

Dolly,
so far so good, he enjoying it. So long as his classmate dun cry then he is fine, if his classmate cry then he will cry too.

Diana,
congrats! I realised ppl that I know who give birth or get preggy this year all got girl, so super envy!

wow our thread finally active again! hehe..

cheri- u wil strike when u least expects it!!

peace- congrats! tell me abt it man. nw i goten pacify both kids cos my boy is stil super sticky to me. when i bf meimei at nite, he wan me to pat him to slp as well. or he wil kick up a fuss n wan me to make milk for him. told him daddy wil do it, he wil screamed n go 'noooooo, mummy make milk!!' =_= reali wished i gt 2 pairs of hands in times like this!!

diana- happy ho? hehehe... lil sheryl on the way =p can start buyin all the girly stuff le!

jer- wah fast huh.. keon gg p1 nxt yr liao!

ting,
Thanks. Sometimes my #1 want to sayang didi, but he is very rough in his action, end up he looked more like beating didi rather than sayang didi. We will looked so kan chiong and tell him "gentle gentle". This fellow hear liao like not happy we raise voice at him, end up cry, and we have to pacify him.

Yesterday #1 was so naughty, while I was feeding didi, he came and pull didi's hair !!! Hubby saw and got kan chiong, and he went "wahaha" and ran away. Really naughty !

Jer,

Thks, you should try your no. 3 too....

Ting,

Ya, super happy.....muahahaa...but still controlling nt to buy any tings ya, see how long i can control. also, was thinking of buying second hand from my brother who hv overbuy for her gal who although is only 3 mths plus nw hv overgrow alot of her clothes lor....heehee

peace,

our no. 1 is at the age of shi dong fei dong lor...so his way of sayang might be like beating lah....tat wat my boy did the last time he wanted to sayang my brother gal lor. but we know he is attempting to sayang coz he like to kiss his little cousin lor...

But mayb the kan chiong u all display hv sort of make him jealous over his little brother le that why he cried lor....perhaps, at times u might wan to let hb feed didi while u carry ur no. 1?

peace- yalor i everytime gt to remind my boy to be gentle. he likes to kiss meimei everywhere! frm head to toe.. he wil go kiss meimei's head, kiss meimei's eyes, kiss meimei's ear, kiss meimei's hand..... thn i try to stop him, he wil get angry! n he ever bit meimei's toes twice! the poor gal cried so badly.

diana- i gt lots of hand me dwns too for gals' clothings but stil cannot resist those super pinky cute stuff when i c them so ended up i bot some too. hehehe

ting,
aiyoh, why bit meimei's toes? my #1 is into pinching lately. When he pinch us, we groan "ouch!". He will laugh. Sometimes, he goes up to didi and pinch didi's leg, and he said "ouch" himself, and then laugh. Don't know how to teach him, he has the potential to be the bullying brother !

Ting / Peace,

I tink the bite and pinch could be a way of no. 1 showing their displeasure and seeking for extra attention from you all.

Perhaps, u all might wan to try this which i saw my neighbour used to teach their no. 1. When their no. 1 beat someone, they will beat him and ask him if it is pain. and if he say yes, then they will tell him tat the one being beat by him is also feeling pain and it kind of work lor.

Back