(2008/04) April 2008

Shelyn: munchkin water bottles are bpa free
happy.gif

Hi mummies

sorry to interrupt.

I have 6 bottles of DOM (1litre) & 1 bottle of Yomeishu (700ml) to sell. All brand new! Selling cheaper than retail and provide foc delivery. Pm me if keen. Thanks!! :)

Sherlyn : poor gal. Why the school dun take effort in helping the child adapt to school? Not all kids can fit in so easily. I know my son can't. They get frightened when in a big group. Hope next yr she will be more mature n will accept school better. You are not going to put her in the same school right?

Calamari,
ok thanks. Will keep a lookout for the munchkin water bottles. =)

Jules' mum,
No I'm not putting her in the same school again. I'm quite disappointed with the school and their management. I've signed her up for another school and I've had a good talk with the principal and told her the problems my girl had and my expectations. She had assured me that they will take good care of her haha... **keeping my fingers crossed**

mushloom,
she'll be starting in sept... I also hope she will be ok with this school... if not I'll really have a headache on how to start her with school...

Hi Shelyn,

For BPA free milk bottles with normal teats, I am currently using Dr Brown's. They have the standard size and a wider one.

As for water bottles, I am using a Thomas straw water bottle for my son. For girls, they do have strawberry shortcake etc. U can get it at John Little. It is normally mixed with the non-BPA so u have to look out.

Indon or Filipino. Finding one urgently, going back to work soon. I tried mymnar but language is a big headache. Patient is the key. I want someone that can handle baby. My current indon maid don't how to look after baby, plus she had strong BO.

Hi Charismama,

i had a good agent contact to recommend. Sing lsand at Peoples Park center. Service not bad. But abit ex...Tel 65352122

Hi Mummies

Will like to check.. what milk formula are you all giving your children? I give my boy Gain IQ but ever since they change to new packaging, my boy had sort of adverse reaction to it etc phlegm and had fever quite often...

I thought of changing to Enfa or NA.
Mummies can please give advises, thank you

Hi,

Apologies for posting in your thread.. but am..

1. Urgently in search of many tins of Enfapro A+..

If you've any to sell, pls pm me.. Budget's ard $10+- for the 400g tins..

2. Haenim Play Yard 6 panels (usu'd have 2 activity panels, 1 door, 3 plains with connectors) and ok with 4 panels too..

Budget's ard $100+- for the 6 panels

3. Steriliser
Looking for Pigeon Rapid Steam Steriliser

Budget's ard $20 to $30.. hopefully no rust..

4. Safety Gate needed to fit doorway of at least 118 cm..

Budget's $30++

5. Twin Stroller, just need one tt works, so on v tight budget constraint..

Pls pm me if you've any of the above tt ya letting go..

Thanks v much in advance! =)

Hi mummies I am bk! Heehee it's been a long time to appear here again.

My #2 is due soon in sep :D time flies! Hope all the april babies are doing fine and so are the mummies!!! Terrible 2s is a scary stage!!!

Hi chewy
I read ur post at sept thread,was thinking izzit the same chewy.cox my second one oso due in sept.and first one fr April 08.
Now in my 37w plus, by dilated ;2cm . Tomorrow got gynae appt

Hi Mummies,

Apologies but am searching for a Babysafe Mattress for baby.. Do pm me if you've any to let go, with the condition, dimensions, pictures etc.

Appreciate it lots and thanks! =)

Hi, i'm an experienced pre-school teacher now SAHM. My kids are both 4 and 8 yrs old now. I started doing playgroup style cum phonics teaching with them when they were 2/3 yrs old. Both started reading elementary books and able to spell many words by age 3.

Many parents sent their kids to phonics at the age of 4 and some kids at age 5 still unable to spell or read well. In fact, once a week phonics class is not enuf. At least 2 times a week is more effective. Giving toddlers early exposure to phonics with effective material and fun lesson plan is beneficial. My girl loves reading and without tuition and the need to do assessment book, she's the top scorer for English in P1. Her strong English foundation will not be possible if i did not expose her to phonics at an early age. There are many phonics material sold in bookstores and internet but many are not interesting. The one i have is used by a popular playgroup and my 2 kids love it and listen to it many times which is impt for their learning process.

Thus, I'm thinking of starting a training course to mothers who wants to learn how to teach phonics YOURSELF effectively. It's oso good bonding time with your kids and with those who have more than 1 child, it's even better to do it together. U can bring yr kid along as long as they dun distract you. Lesson plan, CD and material will be included. I will teach hand actions on songs and rhymes as well as ideas on art and craft to make the whole teaching session meaningful.

Details as follows:-
- 6 to 8 week course
- 2 hours per SESSION, once a week
- Weekday morning except Thurs (pls state your preference)
- Time : 9.30 to 11.30 am (time can be adjusted)
- $50 per SESSION (including lesson plan and craft material)
- Phonics Book and CD to be purchase at $20/- per set.
This phonics course is basic phonics comprise of Consonants and Vowels. Suitable for children upto 4 yrs old.
Alternatively, if there's enough kids (5 of them), i'm keen to start a home based playgroup cum fun phonics for 2-3 yrs old with adult sit-in. 2 or 3 times per week.

If you are interested, pls email to me at [email protected].

All enquiries are welcome
happy.gif

Hi mummies here,
May I ask when your kids start childcare, how long did they take to settle down and stop crying?

I just started my daughter at childcare this week, at 2.5yrs old. Today is her 4th day. I stayed with her for first 2 days. And I really can't stand her crying leh... sigh... I find it very stressful. Although the teachers keep reassuring me that when I left, she stopped crying after a while but I don't know how true that is... I didn't stay to peep cos I'm worried that she might see me and also because I can't stand hearing her screaming and crying away. The principal told me she'll probably settle down in a week. Today is 4th day and I am already very stressed. She has become more sticky to me these few days, even at home. I can't even go to the toilet.. she'll keep looking for me, scared that I'll leave her alone again.

Is it possible for them to settle in 1 week. If she is still screaming every morning for too long I might not be able to continue with it. Do they have such problem when kids attend only 2-3hr playgroup? I seldom hear people talk about kids who attend playgroup having such bad separation anxiety leh. It's always childcare kids. Why is this so? By the way, my girl is only attending 9am-12pm for the time being...

shelyn,
mine took 1 mth~2mth b4 she really stop all the crying...

some never cried...

depends solely on the kid...and how u assure them...

shelyn, my girl cry when she started 2hr playgroup. Lucky, she is ok after 1 week, but during the 1 week, she cried badly even when sleeping. We keep assure her that we are waiting for her outside her class, din go away. When she finish her lesson, we will be there. Ask the teacher to sayang her more, so she like to go school etc.

Let your girl bring her favourite toy with her

Shelyn : my son was like tt. He joined playgroup in feb. Cried whole 3 hrs for close to 1 month. Subsequently, cry only when drop him in school for another 2m. After tat he's ok. Yes they do get more sticky at home xos they feel insecure. My boy's teacher prep me on this too. Reassure her tat u always love her n a big gal should go school to learn things. It will get better. Jia you.

Hi RAR,
I'm interested in your combi stroller. Tried to pm you but your pm is not turned on. As I'm not from this thread, pls pm me with more info on it. Thanks

Sigh... I am in a dilema whether to continue with the childcare leh. At first, after 2 weeks she got better and enjoy going to school. When my mum brought her to sch, she's very happy and told my mum she wan to go to school already. I was quite happy. But when I bring her to school, she'll still cry.

Then these few days, she don't like to go school again. These days I brought her there cos my mum went overseas. Every morning she'll plead with me not to bring her to school leh. Aiyo... my heart really soften and feel so sad for her.

When I ask whether the teachers are nice, I name the teachers one by one and all she say nice except for the chinese teacher. I ask her whether chinese teacher scold her, she say no. So don't know whether it's becos she can't understand chinese so don't like the chinese teacher. And so happen that this teacher is like the 'form teacher' of her class so spend more time with them...

In the car on the way she was crying and keep saying don't wan to go. I feel like a bad mum trying to force my girl to go to sch when she don't want to. Then all of a sudden she say she wan the english teacher and don't wan the chinese teacher... Does this seem like the main problem lies with the teacher?

hi mummies.. sorry to disturb

i have 2 tin of 1.8kg Gain IQ to let go at $52 (NTUC selling $62) and 1 tin of 900g Gain IQ to let go at $28 (NTUC selling at $32.95). All expiry is Oct 2011

letting go as my boy has changed to pediasure

collection will be at buangkok mrt.. pls pm me if u r interested.

Hi Shelyn,

Previously i was a playgroup teacher teaching 2 to 3 yrs old. For very sticky children, my advise is the mummy or daddy not to be the one to bring the child to school unless no choice. It just add on to their separation anxiety even more. It will be easier for them to cope if it is their Ah mah, ah gong, maid or any other person bring them there. Don't be surprise even after they settled down and then mummy or daddy was so happy and proud that they decided to bring them to school, the child may end up cry like mad again. But eventually even if you have to bring your girl there yourself, she will settle down eventually...just that it will take much longer. Hopefully your mum can quickly be the one to bring her to school.

My girl was super-sticky type too and for her whole playgroup year those days, I won't even dare to bring her to school. I only attended the last day of their farewell party and true enough, her personality changed and stick to me like glue on the chair and refuse to participate in anything. That shows how much they love us :p

<font color="ff0000">Hi mommies,

i m letting go my brand new with tag , polliwalk elmo design in size 8 at cost price $39.

pls pm if keen. </font>

4905672.jpg

I have 2 x 900g Karrihome goat milk 3-7 yrs old.
Letting go at $35 each, own collection or meet at Somerset.
Expiry 2012 Oct.
Interested PM me

I hv 4 tins of 900g Pediasure for sale as my boy change brand.

Letting go at $32 per tin but if u take all 4 tins then can sell at $30 per tin. Collection at buangkok mrt.

Vanilla favor expire Jan 2012 x3
Strawberry favor expire Sep 2011 x1

Serious buyer and no neg pls!!

Contact me via pm.. Thanks

morning mummies!!!

wish all the mummies here a <font size="+2"><font color="5000aad">
Happy Chinese New Year!!!
Gong Xi Fa Cai</font></font>

Hi to All Mummies,

Am looking for Enfagrow 1.8kg etc (Netherlands) bought from local stores, do let me know if you've any excess that you would like to clear off, would be keen to take all if the price's ok. =)

Pls PM me if you've any.

Hi Mummies!

Sorry for intruding...I am helping my company to promote this campaign.
Wanna win great prizes for this Mother’s Day? Come take part in JobsDB.com Mother Day’s Contest.
Simply just nominate a working mother and the nominator and nominees will walk away with exciting prizes! It only takes a few minutes of your time… so why wait??

For more info, please log onto http://engage.sg.jobsdb.com/SG/mothers-day/

LTNC

Once again this is their MONTH

<font size="+2"><font color="0000ff">A BIG 3rd birthday! to All boys and gals here</font></font>

Congrats serene123!
happy.gif
I have 2 girls, 3 and 1.5yrs old. Quite a handful. Gonna stop at 2 only. Or else can become siao ding dong.

Back