(2008/04) April 2008

wow all agree not to change sch ah?...
okie then I better take all your advice. I was also wondering whether it will be too stressful for her to keep changing.

So now I'll have to consider carefully whether to wait til march then put her in my 1st choice sch, or put long term in 2nd choice sch. But she's getting super sticky to me now. Sometimes she only wan me, don't wan daddy or the maid. If wait longer she might have bigger problem adjusting.

I was telling my hubby, we keep saying the 1st choice is better but who knows, our kid might not actually like the 1st choice but prefer 2nd choice.

Actually we like the 1st choice cos it's big and spacious (inside MINDEF), bright and airy which not many other centres can have. Teachers and curriculum wise, not much difference. My 2nd choice is either the void deck or bungalow type. So now headache over which one to choose... sigh..

shelyn, if change school cos gotta re-adjust.. i see my girl go through one round of crying already heartpain enough..

your 1st choice definitely has placement in Mar? cos it would seem strange that they'll have vacancies in the middle of the yr. usually CCs that are full will only have vacancies freed up in Dec when the k2 kids 'graduate'. unless they have a confirmed withdrawal in feb/mar, they can't tell if they would have vacancies. better confirm, cos if it's a 'can try' case only then might as well lok for an altrnative, while there's still time (k2 kids will be graduating soon) before the vacancies get filled up too..

Shelyn,
is it the cherie hearts at Gombak your first choice?

my first choice was actually cherie hearts at depot. it is spacious and the classrooms are well divided. but it was very difficult for me to bring my kid to school via public transport. also in time of emergency, i was afraid i couldnt react fast enough or able to take urgent leave. ended up i put him in my 2nd choice cc which is just a stone throw away from home and that my family members could react in time.

Hi artist,
Yah my first choice is cherie hearts at Gombak. hehe... so smart. It's true that it's not very convenient but cos I drive and my mum, who lives juz opposite gombak camp, also drive, so it's still not that bad...

Lynn,
The person in charge says their school year starts in March, that's why they will only have vacancy in March. Strange hor...

baby,
saw that u enrolling your boy with Arts Kidz at the Tiong Bahru Community Centre 2nd flr? can provide some feedbacks, i am looking for sch that is near tiong bahru and bt merah too
happy.gif

hi jojoz~
yeap he is there alr~
just started~
non aircon all fans and open air area~
so far i like there because of the students that are in there and the teachers~
eg:
Students:i never see them fighting ard as the director tells me that if there is an bad egg she will ask their parents to take them out of the school as that will affect the other kids~

never sees the kids screaming at one another or pushing~most are helpfully to one another even tho they dont speak the same language~

Teachers:
will feedback on what ever you ask reg ur kids~
as the ratio for my boy's class is 3:12(max) or sometimes 4:12(max)~
in which they will calm those cry bb down the more independent ones will just free play~

they are very supportive and use encouraging words no broken English there so far~lol~

Overall:
It is a pre-school~
more into free play and also not really into childcare~
they will only change diapers only when they are really wet la~
so better if your kid is toilet train~
and they dont give milk unless you request~
thay wont bath your kids unless they are really dirty~

so far i like the school as this is the way i wanna give my child learn~free play no stress~and they have yoga and violin classes too~
all included~

you can go take a look lo~

To all mummies:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3129021.html?1256031966

this is my new BP~
plz help me promote~
thanks~
hehe~

baby,
tks for sharing, the ratio for my boy's class is 3:12(max) is gd
happy.gif

will find some time to go dwn and check out the environ. ur kid is in N1? full day?

mousey_mummy,
for the wooden block toy, u can find in toyrus too, the price is ard $23-25 from what i rem as i bought for my son last mth and the quality wise is quite good and colors are bright and come in bucket.

hi jojoz~
my boy in baby morzart lo~
not yet N1~
hehe~
he still in those tods classes~
you can go down and ask more about it ya~

Thanks princess_j for the response! =) Shall check out toyrus.. have decided not to purchase from the spree as I scare the paint on the block is toxic.

esther : I didn't buy the wooden one. I bought those sponge type. You can try it in marina square. It's a small shop with lots of toys.

Thought of changing milk for my boy so I bought about 10 can of enfagrow. Who know he don't like it. would like to exchange to

a)GAIN IQ STAGE 3 GROWING UP MILK
b) Let go at a price
C) Exchange ntuc/ gaint shopping voucher

ENFAGROW A+ STAGE 3 TRIPLE PROTECTION GUARD GROWING UP MILK POWDER - ORIGINAL
1.8 KG
Usual Price:$55.75

GAIN IQ STAGE 3 GROWING UP MILK
1.8 KG
Usual Price:$54.60

Kindly email me at [email protected]

calamari, pls share your reviews for the dadgear bag after you receive it okie? Cos i'm looking at buying a backpack diaperbag too
happy.gif

can share where you got the discount code for littledudesanddivas? and you mentioned US$18 for internation mail. is that global priority that's not insured? when i looked at their shipping rates it should be higher? cos it goes by value of the items purchased..

hi leo's mum,
i use papaw gel for mozzie bites. can reduce the swell quite well.

only once i use the gel on a finger cut (accidentally cut the skin of my kid during nail cutting) so not sure it can really help healing not.

hi mummies...
need your advice...
what do you do with bumps?
my ds is so active he is falling and getting bumps so very often...
at the moment i only ice it down...
anything else i should do?

Blessed mum,

Ju always fall down also. We usually massage quite hard on the bumb straight after the fall. It's been quite effective. No blue black after the massage.

lynn: huh, weird leh...did u use the discount code? You are getting me worried that I may not receive the bag hehehe *keeping fingers crossed*

calamari, yups applied the discount code already, but discount is on price of bag and not shipping, so shipping is at usd24 which is like a third of the price of the bag
sad.gif

so decided to open up a spree and will be using the mail option with tracking in insurance (to be safe cos not ordering for myself only)..

can i check with you, when u did the checkout and typed in address and selected country and shipping option it shows u usd18 for shipping? cos it should be usd18 for merchandise value less than usd60 leh..

lynn: oh yah, saw that its USD24, weird, dunno why they charge me USD18 hehe...see my order below:

Via International Priority 6-10 day
Payment Visa

Name Code Qty Each Options
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dad Gear Backpack - Solid DGBPSBLACK 1 89.00
Black Free Shipping
Subtotal 89.00
Coupon discount (save15) -13.35
Subtotal 75.65
Shipping 18.00
Tax 0.00
Total 93.65

Anyway, my mom just called me that the bag is delivered to my house liao. Will let you know tomorrow how it is ;0

I should have jio more ppl, then could have saved shipping cost than paying USD18 myself. Somemore saw that all the mummies who are ordering all 'kaki lang' hehe.

shah: i posted this on Julia Gabriel Bilingual Playclub last month.

"my girl enjoyed her 1st Julia Gabriel bilingual playclub class very much. Today she wanted to have a look at the art and craft she did yesterday, showed that she remembered. Basically there were 10 students in the class, with 2 teachers (1 english, 1 chinese) and 2 other helpers. So ratio was very good. Class started with free play, then continued to introduction, music, singing and dancing. Then the teachers proceeded to introducing the alphabet of the day, which is 'K'. A lot of emphasis on the phonics...the teacher will say 'Ke ke ke ke K". Then this is followed by art and craft session where the kids get to do simple craft work of cos with the help of the parents. Then after that they adjourned to the playground where they play with many many Little Tikes and Step 2 toys, followed by snack time. The class ended with story telling, magic box and singing. Very wonderful 2 hours. Well worth the $60!!!"

Last Sat was my daughter's 5th lesson. Will definitely will still be continuing her on it for the next semesters to come until she is of age to progress to Edudrama.

hi calamari,
thanks for reposting the entry.
glad to know that your girl really enjoys the class.
i just got a place for my girl. she'll be starting this sat.i tink she'll be starting mid-term. hope she'll enjoy it as much as your girl.

which branch is your gal at?

calamari, hope to hear your review on the dadgear soon!

strange hor your shipping only US18 leh.. maybe they revised the shipping? cos i saw cheaper rates like yours on some product description, but then the main shipping table and the checkout process already reflects the higher shipping cost. we save on shipping cost but gotta pay GST keke.. still better than paying US24 for shipping on our own :p

shah: oh maybe she is in the same class as my girl?
happy.gif
What time is her bilingual playgroup? Kayla's in 2 to 4pm. I saw Jayden (fellow Apr mummy's son) at class last week too!

lynn: Dadgear is here. It looks very sturdy and expensive, like those Crumpler bag hahaha. My hubby said its comfortable to carry. It has many compartments. I am still trying to figure it out by following the video haha. Good buy lah, nicer than Allerhand for sure ;) oh and it took total of 13 days to reach me...quite fast.

calamari,
wow! 10 mths is a long time..guess i am lucky to get the 9-11am slot so fast then..
did you put Kayla on the waiting list for Edudrama as well?
Not sure if i am going to do tat cos Sarah is already on the waitlist for ACT3.

shah: yah she is already on the queue for Edudrama...hahahaha. Was advised by the staff to just put her on the queue and decide later.

jamie: Usually i will bring out rice with minced meat and veggie. Sometimes will just order childrens' meal for her outside.

calamari: tink i might just do tat too.. very kiasu i now but knowing how long the waiting list is... hehe..

jamie: my girl likes to snack so usually when we go out, i'll bring biscuits, cereals like cornflakes or raisins.
if the outing is longer and will reach her mealtimes, i'll usually take her meals out as well in her thermos mug. unless we are dining at a place i know she can eat as well, then i won't bring her meal out.

who's sharing the dad gear backpacks? when do i have to decide by?

do any of you gals use ashampoo hood when bathing your kids? wat brand is good?

Halo mummies staying at Bt Panjang area,

would like to ask whether you have any review on Ichiban Childcare Centre at Senja Blk 631? Considering to let my girl join that childcare but when I try to do research on it, not much comments found leh. So would like to know whether anyone heard anything about it...

Hi Shelyn,

I m sending my boy to this cc in Dec so will oni b able to give u comments after my boy go. So far i heard the comments quite ok. When do u plan to send ur gal to the cc?
happy.gif

Hi JuniorRain,
haha... my girl will be starting in Nov... I juz went to get the forms etc... So maybe i'll be able to give u comments =P

I intend to give it a try and see how... if by Jan my girl still doesn't like to go then i'll take her out

Hi All,

Hv not catch up for a while... ryan had been rejecting his solids lately namely porridge, rice, noodles soup. Can anyone share what good nutritious recipes that i could wet his appettite again, thanks. Also, i have lately learned to make muffins for him but three attempts yet unsuccessful though i follow by the book recipes closely... the muffins would turn out to be burnt on top and hard inside too, worst stick to the paper cups as well. Help !!! I wish to give him a nice presentable tasty muffin. anyone tried baking before. Any good successful tasty muffins recipes to tip me on. I would be most elated and appreciated. thanks advance.

Good morning mummies

RAR, i've this easy recipe to share with you. Baked this for few tots before and all loved it. Hope Ryan will find it tasty too
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Yummy Blueberry Muffins with Crumbly Tops</font>

INGREDIENTS - For muffin

· 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

· 3/4 cup white sugar

· 1/2 teaspoon salt

· 2 teaspoons baking powder

· 1/3 cup vegetable oil

· 1 egg

· 1/3 cup milk

· 1 cup fresh blueberries

For crumb topping

· 1/2 cup white sugar

· 1/3 cup all-purpose flour

· 1/4 cup butter, cubed

· 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.

2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.

3. To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.

4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done. Enjoy!
happy.gif

Hey angel, thanks for sharing the recipes. I always couldn't get one which is workable or not too tedious. =)

Btw, I lost the add of your blog. Possible to post it again? Or pm me if not convenient. I love reading blogs of mummies, especially now I'm heavily preg at home. Thanks in advance! =)

Back