(2008/04) April 2008

hi

any good thermal flask to recommend to bring baby cooked porridge out? cause i saw some, when use plastic spoon to scoop etc, will cause breakage etc....seem dangerous

hi kea,
i would recommend foogos by thermo.. it comes with either blue or pink cover. You can put 1 meal in there.. the bottle is short, so u can scoop out or feed the porridge from there.

done some research on all these flask and this is like the only small one which can keep the porridge warm for up to 5-6hrs. b4 u put the porridge in, remember to "heat" up the flask by soaking it with hot water for abt 10 mins.

chewy,
elliot's birthday party look very cool!! the cake looks very nice

may i know which room did u book? and where did u get elliot shirt?

thanks!!

kea,
i think u can get it at the big dept store

i bought from a bp a couple of mths back. at abt $30.

think outside selling abt $40+..

good thing is can keep warm up to 5-6 hrs... normal ones only abt 1 hr..

harlow ..
happy.gif
Advertisement time..

Movie treat frm m1 (1 for 1 on sunday)

http://m1.com.sg/12/index.html?12anniversary=01#movietreat

please read the t&c .

Kea, you can get a 2-tier food thermo flask. No need to scoop out. Can use it as a bowl. Tiger brand. Very good. Can last for 5 hrs. Size is just nice. Not big.

Thanks Jgal for the info... sigh.. i am singtel, changing to starhub next week.

Cloudme, you can get it off at courts/ best i think. I have gotten one at best denki - ngee ann city

Amy, dont be upset ok. I tell you about my case. I was very upset for changing my mind on caterer. Originally wanted Orange Clove, then last min go and change to another caterer (hve restaurants in Orchard belt), thinking that it must be very good. Then on the actual day, no food labels, food is bad. Not enough plates and drinks is also not enough. Goodness! I was blaming myself for the entire week after the celebs.

But actually come to think of it. You deserve a great pat on your shoulder, for the preparations, for making your baby happy. Forget about the balloons, think of it as a way to save $$. Get your refund back already?

Flash Card supplier
Company: HiapMoh
Tel: 62735333
[email protected]
Note HiapMoh only take orders via email, but you can call them to check price
and size, so that they can cut the dimension per your request.

Let me know u want to share.

Lynn: I booked 2 rooms--flower & leaf. Hahaha, at first only flower then we decided to have leaf room as the kids' room for them to play. Yes babe, was expecting 100 guests minimally, but luckily the finaly count was 70. The rooms were in fact abit big for my crowd surprisingly. Coz not all guests & leave at the same time. Gd thg is some guests went to explore the park which was what we intended.

I ordered from Angeli, good feedback! Very punctual too! Who are on the list? I didn;t choose from their list in the end as their list only to be confirmed in 1st wk of Apr hence they allowed me to choose my own.

Koori, calamari, Winnedy: Thanks.. heehee yeah I love the cake! From pinkginger, same baker as Jamie's! Her cake is nice, not too sweet :D

Calamari: heehee Kayla so clever! Must get her to "teach" elliot.. hahaha

Angel: Yes! The party felt so short! Then I realised so many areas can be improved! I regretted not getting a pro photographer to take pix....

oh Winnedy: I got the jungle shirt from GAP ... eh.. last yr online. Heehee planned to let him wear this outfit when we go for his 1st zoo outing.. hahaha

chewy, their list only has 9 caterers, and we shortlisted Four Seasons and Smiling Orchid. Then called them both no one picks up, emailed both only Smiling Orchid replied to us. So machiam like no choice like that..

Already stressing over balloon decor, dun wanna stress over a non-responsive caterer too.. I'm expecting 50 guests or so, so hubby thinks Flower Room too big will look very "empty" but my worry is that the Leaf Rooom will be too small. Did you use floating balloons or tie down to chairs?

<font color="0077aa">chewy, the birthdae cake and the whole theme is so nice eheheh.. guess elliot had enjoyed himself. . hehehe

jojoz &amp; lynn, have ur tried to resend another email to her ?</font>

strawberries! Thanks thanks! Yes I need to thank you! You gave us pinkginger's contact heehee... *hugs*

Lynn: Hmmm.. 4 seasons shld be ok. Smiling orchid heard not bad too. babe, call again. Dun fret. Hahaha.. i think all men think the same. My HB thot so too, but I booked leaf room juz in case. Actually leaf room is bigger leh. The layout more squarish, so dun worry, 50 can. I tied the balloons to chairs. They have fans so not safe for floating balloons.

strawberries, you've resent a second email to cupcake momma and gotten a response?

i'm now looking at yummyumkins but then dun have the kid of designs i wan leh. wonder if they can make what i wan..

this week at work super busy, everyday stay up late to finish my work stuff (and doing my girl's birthday invites) till i'm like zombie. last night slept at 330am!

gotta leave the party planning to hubby this week, next week then i can get back into action. tons of things left to do before the party!

Just to share my experience, for the blank flashcards, I shared with some mummies, we order size 6" x 8". Minimum qty was 1800 pieces..

Price depends on the weight (thickness) of card chosen.

chewy, no lah.. only rent a couple of items so the room won't look so bare and can keep the kiddos entertained, I hope..

your party looks so much fun, and most importantly the star of the party looks so happy! i'm rather worried abt how Adel would take to a big crowd. she didn't enjoy her CNY visiting much, and she is quite anxious about strangers..

Any mummies still with toothless babies? Adel's still toothless, and although my PD says it's nothing to worry about, that it's not a sign of calcium deficiency or anything, I still worried leh
sad.gif

lynn...since PD say nothing to worry shld be ok lar...

with teeth, u got to worry when they fell, will the teeth be hit, will it drop off and will it hurt their lips....

some babies develop differently mah... i heard of a saying...the teeth faster come out then drop faster...*sob sob*

choc : I heard tat too. Hehe.

lynn : I think dun need to worry la. does adel take cheese or yogurt? how's her food intake?

I gave up trying to control ju's food. during teething period, he went on hunger strike for 1 week. he likes biscuits and bread. so during days he dun wanna eat, I'll supplement him with either bread or biscuits. I feel at least he's eating. he's also pointing at our food. so I'll give him bit so tat he can taste new food.

yvonne : thanks for sharing. it's well planed. I'm having sesame st theme. wonder where she got e favours Hehe.

calamari : kayla very smart leh. can tell poo. I gotta watch julian for gek sign. haha. even if soiled he'll still play. he don't care. life goes on. haha.

Hi mummies

Actually if your muslim guests are not fussy you don't have to get a halal certified place or person to do the cupcakes. After its only cup cakes and if no lard or pork i feel its ok. But it could because i am not very particular. Check with your guest , chances are i think they wont mind. I myself ordered from not halal certified person.

yvonee: that's my nephew's b'day! haha...my sister is really super at organising birthdays...if you need any pointers i can ask her.

gd morning mummies!

just wondering...any mummies order from cupcakedivinity? How do their cakes taste? good?

farah,
wow..your nephew's bday looks really grand! your sister is one great party organiser.
May i know where did she order the cake and agar2 from?

Farah : Your sis really put in so much effort in planning parties. Julian's party in 2 weeks time and I have nothing. Haha. Julian's birthday theme is Sesame street too. Can you help me ask your sister where can I get sesame street favours?

agar agar was ordered from mr and mrs James
cake from Meng Choo.You can view her cakes here
mengchoo.livejournal.com

cath,
thanks for the advise...but r u refering to the battery operated one/power?

i am looking for the one which resemble a comb and is hand-held...manual type

Farah : I leant fondant modelling from Mengchoo (mong). I find her cupcakes very nice. Too bad she's not free to bake for Ju. Her schedule very pack.

ok...finally found a pic of the hair cutter that i want...

any mummies seen this b4?
can i know where is it selling at...prefer the east mummies to help me...

2330593.jpg

Back