(2008/04) April 2008

re: cooling mat
cloudme, vonn, jules' mum,
thanks for trying to get the picture of cooling mat

vonn,
which part of bugis sell this? i'm going there today. let me know then i can get for angel also. her place is very near my workplace
happy.gif

yvonne: tats great. at least ur bb not choosy. for my girl she eat everything except milk. unless she is very hungry she will finish 150ml of milk with HB cereal. haiz think i got to be very patience with her. last night i scolded her... when i wanna carry her she turn her head away ignoring me
sad.gif
so sad... babies are so smart they understand every word we say... so must be careful in our conversation now...

Hi Maro, its at the temp market....opp kfc.
there got many stores, but i bought a more popular shop.
the plastic bag i have shows TAN SUM JOO (shld be the shop name). Remember to say u buying for bb cos the bigger fish is salty.

cheesycake: ya babies are very clever. actually, my gal drink max 150ml or lesser per time then after around 3-4 hours then she will ask for milk. after milk i will not give her cereal immediately. u mean u mix the cereal with the milk for her to drink or give her the milk and then the cereal after it???

yvonne: i mix the cereal into her milk and feed her from bottle. i have tried giving her from spoon but she rejected loh... at least she will guai guai drink her cereal. i insist on giving her the organic cereal at least once a day. but brown rice cereal can be quite heaty. got to give bb lots of water after that.

yvonne,
yeah, always crying.. but dont know why, some more my mil always complain that he does not want to slp, drink, just cry cry and even commented he is very difficult to take care.. i only found out last thurs when i saw blood at his stool. suspect only but now confirmed lor.. think me very bad mummy la.. dont realised it till changing his soiled diaper last wk.. sad la
sad.gif

sometimes really make me want to stay at home to look after him myself instead of hearing my mil's complains..

Maro: u are not alone. sometimes i really feel like giving up my job to look after my bb myself. but i can nv be a SAHM as i am staying with my PIL. imagine i got to face my MIL whole day? i will go crazy! i got no choice to stay with them.

charismama: u just need to cut the teat abit bigger. my girl has no problem sucking out the cereal from her pigeon's teat.

Maro

we are all 1st time mum. alot of things we still dunno and are learning to go thru it. MIL are good at complaining n give those bad remarks. just ignore them. diff ERA. Doc got give anything to help in bowel movement? instead of wiping the backside with wipes, can use water to wash then apply some cream. think it wld not cos so much irritation as compare to wipes. your boy is not difficult to take care. its just tat he is not feeling well and he trying to let u all know. and the only way which babies tell parents or caregiver that they are not well is by 'crying'. i use to thought of quiting of my job to be sahm but if i do tat then i will not have add $ to buy more things and save more $ for her in future. so dun be too upset with wat others said...

just now brought my girl for her jab. hot sun and i did not bring an umbrella. my mum say why i bot so many sunhats for her never use. her california baby sunblock also never use. end up she looks so tan now
sad.gif
*careless mummy*

Charismama,
I add cereal to Ethan's bottle and use Pigeon L teat. The cereal can pass through, no problem.

Jo,
So your son doesn't drink milk on top of the 12 tbsp? That's alright then, I doubt you're overfeeding him.
I'd be worried if you're giving him a full milk feed AND 12 tbsp of cereal at one go.

cloudme..
haha.. i was wondering wat fish?? hehe.. the silver fish lor.. i'm referring to the cooling
mat.. :p

vonn, sorry me talking abt the cooling mat.. hehe
cna get at bugis too?
happy.gif

littlemouse,
yeah agree, cant stand facing my mil the whole day also that's why cut short my confinement and came back to work after 2mths of ML..

yvonne,
yeah, agree.. no work == no money == no bbb.. hehe.. so just need to complain somewhere..
thanks for the tips, already inform my helper to wash the backside instead of wipe. his poo is back to normal (suspect: cereal + changing of FM to stgae2) so no medication needed. need to give him more juice + water..

maro,
think bugis junction should have also...

u know those shops around macdonald selling household items like the "japan house"?
err did i get the shop name correct?

sometime NTUC also have but not always

cooling mat

do u all mean those blue colour with flower disign and has water inside? its very heavy one rite? use that for baby to slp on it when got fever?? It shld be bugis village rite not bugis junction???

cloudme, yvonne,
yeah i think i agak agak know where isit la.. if near MAC then it's bugis village. okie, wil drop by later to check if no raining, cos west side sky dark dark, gonna rain anytime!
happy.gif

aiyo baby cranky and slightly feverish after the jab. but she dun wan to take the medicine. now super sticky, can't even put her down for a minute
sad.gif

what can i do to make her more comfortable?

maro:
east side also sky dark dark....
same here going to rain any moment
and this is my last post b4 i off my computer to go home...

Maro,

I hope Davien gets better soon! Poor lil darling, is the anus tear bothering him much? Hug him for me.

I'm reassured to hear that your PD says 500-600ml milk daily is fine. Ethan takes an average of 540ml daily, not including cereal.

And thank you so much for organizing the bandana bibs BP! It's so very cute, Ethan looks like a lil cowboy in them
happy.gif

I want to order more now! :p

Joelle,

You've changed your MSN pic already but I wanted to say that the last pic of you and Dominic is very nice!
Dominic is such a cute kid and you're a glowing momma
happy.gif

Congratulations on his 'twin' pearlies!

By Serene123 : Playdate at my place this sat, any mummies interested. Next playdate will be the X'mas party.

Venue: Serene123 house
Date: 15 Nov
Time: 2pm to 5pm
Snack: Serene will provide

1. Serene + Roy Zak
2. Winter + Ernest
3. maomi + sean (TBC)

Angel,
Hope Dana is all good now. =)

Maro,
Go check out the probiotics. They are really good. Will cut down on the anus tears. Worked well on my bb! heehee.

hi winter

Pls send mine by reg mail.
4.2 + 3.75 = 7.95

To Account POSB Savings
102-18206-5 winter smh
Amount S$7.95
Transaction Reference 1973861588

I will email you my mailing address.

When do you expect bottles to arrive?
Thanks for organizing.

By Winter: The order is on the way to Singapore The shipping cost is S$4.20 (US$2.74*1.53) per pack.
Please transfer the $$ to POSB Savings 102-18206-5
Exchange Rate : US$1 : S$1.53 (the rate that they deducted from my CR recently)
9 Oz : US$17.09 (S$26.15)

1) beans: 9Oz Pack of 2 * 3 (S$12.60)
2) maomi: 9Oz Pack of 2 * 2 (S$8.40)
3) na_na: 9oz Pack of 2 * 1 (S$4.20)
4) Lynn_: 9oz Pack of 2 * 1 (S$30.35)
5) Cherishbebe: 9oz Pack of 2 * 1 (S$4.20)
6) Joellez: 9oz Pack of 2 * 1 (S$4.20) -- paid $7.95 on 12 Nov, Trx ref 1973861588, reg mail.
7) Maro: 9oz Pack of 2 * 1 (S$4.20)
8)goodbbb: 9oz Pack of 2 * 1 (S$4.20)

Collection Places (1 Dec to 7 Dec):
1) Bukit Panjang Plaza(weekdays evenings)
2) Little India MRT (6 Dec, Sat)
3) Bouna Vista MRT (6 Dec, Sat 2pm)
4) Hougang MRT (7 Dec, Sun 3.30pm)
5) Plaza Sing (weekends TBC)

If you prefer postage, please add postage of $3.75 ($1.50 + $2.25 (registered post))

ops...sorry maro...i tot u asking abt the fish.
i jus went jap hse, they dnt have the mat but the pillow oni and Angel mentioned that she have borrowed from her frend...hope the mat will cool Dana down.

Maro, sorry to hear about your boy's condition.
What causes it?
What are the uses of probiotics?

My girl poos at least thrice a day. I wonder if it's normal. Is she absorbing the nutrients from what she is eating? Or is she passing them out?

Lynn, I'm not sure whether your gal would have appetite for cereal.
Usually before and after her jabs, i give her HT barley cereal. She never gets fever.
I'm not sure if it's due to the barley or not.
But i guess you could give it a try.
Did u make taggies for Adel? I realised that Summer loves playing with tags now. Tonight i'm gonna sew her a taggie.

Diva, Summer drinks about the same as your boy now. A far drop from her about 1000ml previously. But i'm glad to learn that it's still normal. She is eating alot more. I do hope she's not over-eating and hence that explains the amt of pooo.
I do agree that HX is a lil' too cramp for babies. I dont like the idea too, esp now that they are much bigger than before.
She seems to enjoy swimming pool better. Although of coz, pool comes with more virus and chlorine.

joelle:

talk about ruining shoes! 1 of my soles just came out during lunch. hahaaha..

babies' progress:

my boy still cant flip. i tink he hates it so refuses to do it. he cant last long on his tummy, will start to make noise after a while. he loves to sit up and stand up with assistance. i also notice him trying to get up from a lying position (like crunches) ahahah..but not successful. mummies, your babies do this too?

i tink he is a slow developer...and he doesnt like to get out of his comfort zone!

joelle,

ya. all of us worry about different things.

maro, cheesycake,

my mil dun take care of my boy as she gotta take care of her other 2 grandson, 4yr old and 11 months. she wanted to take care of my boy but I know she won't give him 100% attention as e 4yr old will be jealous. she favours e 4 yr old boy. my mil can't even carry my son. worse of all. always say my son is very spoilt. honestly, I dun think he's more spoilt than e other 2 boys. my son can crawl but my 11 month nephew can't. reason being they always carry. instead of praising us or my son, she say cos my son very light. easier for him. really sickening. cos she dun wanna make my nephew jealous so she dun carry my son and wanna feel better, she tell people I'm so protective dun allow people ty touch my son! I was so hurt when I heard it.

mummies i juz got to know my little cousin (2 yrs) got HFMD, lucky its not serious. I think the virus is resurging so please be careful when you bring your babies out okies
happy.gif

Diva
Aww thanks girl! :D On normal days at home I look absolutely dishevelled. So I make it a point to take photos when we're all cleaned up. "Glow" courtesy of MAC Skinfinish :p

scubababe
thanks for the warning
just want to add, due to wet weather there is surge in mozzies activity. i kena jialat-jialat 2 days ago. mummies who live in areas prone to having mozzies, do take precaution!

lynn,

when julian has fever after jab, I'll sponge him often. maybe u can try it. or let her sleep on e cooling mat if u have 1. heard from my friend tat gripe water works too. I haven't feed julian gripe water before. I'm paranoid. worried he will reject milk as gripe water is sweet.

Jules' Mum: i can understand how u feel. my MIL favours my SIL's girl more. whenever she cry (even though SIL is around) she will rush to carry her. unlike my baby... When im around she will leave it to me to handle even though i am in the kitchen. this makes me dont feel like having 2nd child again
sad.gif

Summer's Mama,

Ethan poos once a day and very rarely, twice a day. He usually poos a big load though, so I guess there's no need for more!
About Summer's poo, I think 3 times a day is fine though. Is it a small amount each time?
Ethan's also started spitting up again, not too much and it usually comes up with a burp or when he's too excited or active.
So like you, I wonder if he's absorbing enough nutrients from his food.
My mom says that he's not a scrawny kid and definitely has reserves, but I hardly think that's the point.

Ethan has 3 meals a day, of which he only drinks 1 and that's breakfast. I've gotta feed him lunch and dinner.
I also make his cereal consistency lumpier now cuz he wants to chew, guess he's gotta use those lil teeth sometime!

I'm gonna try to get Ethan a wetsuit tonight or tomorrow and bring him to the pool soon.
Hubby mentioned a chlorine wash which swimmers use to remove the chlorine from their hair and bodies. I think it would be good for baby though I'm not sure if there's any that's baby-safe.

ah, here also raining.. also my last post b4 going home.. hehe..

diva,
thanks for the hugs.. he is better now.. u need me to order for u, email me then i can check. shd be able to get the same price :p

vonn,
ok, jap house, my mil's place have, will check out there, cheers
happy.gif

maomi,
thanks.. think hv to get the probiotics liao

summer's mum,
pd suspect the cereal and the fm (just change to stage 2 two wks ago) cause the stool to be too hard. i think the probiotics can help to loosen the stool and make the pooing easier.. yeah, my boy too.. he used to poo once every 2-3 days, now can up to 4 times. that may explain the tear.. lucky the stool now more soft so at least a bit of relief for him

sherin, yeps made a taggies bring-along blankie for Adel. She love playing with tags too. think shall make another one soon. gotta get some more ribbons.

1875486.jpg

Joelle,

Talk about dishevelled! I'm dishevelled!
Hubby snapped some shots earlier cuz Ethan was in a great mood, but I'd just showered so there I am happily grinning in a sloppy tee complete with stringy wet hair!
Such a pity cuz Ethan was all grins.. I think must edit me out liao haha

I don't wear makeup. Lazy to put it on and Singapore heat is so unforgiving, I can see the foundation melting as soon as I put it on. So makeup only touches my face on very special occasions.. probably Xmas since we've gotta take lotsa nice pics to commemorate baby's 1st Xmas
happy.gif

Lynn, kaleb love taggies too. wanted to make one for him too....can i knw wat cloth u use and the ribbons are hw many inch?

By Winter: The order is on the way to Singapore The shipping cost is S$4.20 (US$2.74*1.53) per pack.

4) Lynn_: 9oz Pack of 2 * 1 (S$30.35)
5) Cherishbebe: 9oz Pack of 2 * 1 (S$4.20) Transaction Reference 1973938675 , reg mail
6) Joellez: 9oz Pack of 2 * 1 (S$4.20) -- paid $7.95 on 12 Nov, Trx ref 1973861588, reg mail.

If you prefer postage, please add postage of $3.75 ($1.50 + $2.25 (registered post))

Lynn! I have the same monkey prints fabric!!! Loads! I was thinking of making a small tote for short trips on weekends.
I think i shall use the same one to make taggies!
I'm gonna make one tonight!
I got some ribbons, very pretty ones from MADE WITH LOVE, the scrapbooking store. Will show you when i get home tonight.

Mommies, do you all finish work early?
I'm starting to hate being a FTWM.
Yest my mom told me Summer is crawling alot in the day. At night she just refused to!
I feel i am missing out on so-so-so much of her growing! And i'm always relying on "second hand" information from my mom and maid.
It just irks me that i need ppl to tell my stuff about my own daughter.
But of coz, i have to be thankful that my mom is doing a great job taking care of my girl.

Diva, Summer poos alot each time!
But sometimes i think perhaps pooing is much better than having constipation. But again, i worry whether she absorbs the nutrients.
Now she takes two meals, lunch and dinner. Either v lumpy cereal or porridge or potatoes, pumpkin,etc which is filling enough to replace cereals. I tried to give her steamed carrots, fishes just in dices. She is ok with chewing.
Perhaps u can start some on Ethan for him to use his lil' teeth.
re swimming, we shower summer immediately after her swim. then apply lotion.
So far so good.

Lynn, Sherin
The 2 of u prof sewers? I just ordered from bb beans the bigger taggies, now that shevon keep chewing the stuff toys' tags. Wanna give her another go to like the taggies. Think it is always sweet to be able to make things for our loved ones. Make me want to start doing too.

4) Lynn_: 9oz Pack of 2 * 1 (S$30.35) - 1973963761, reg mail
5) Cherishbebe: 9oz Pack of 2 * 1 (S$4.20) Transaction Reference 1973938675 , reg mail

winter, sorry i'm such a total idiot. tot i've transferred to you on 4 Nov already and even posted the ref number. end up i think i've only added you to list of payees. so sorry ah..

To Account POSB Savings
102-18206-5 winter
Amount S$30.35
Transaction Reference 1973963761

vonn, i used cotton flannel, can buy from spotlight, pretty cheap too.. i need to find more varied prints and textures for ribbons though.. sherin, where to find ribbons? where is MADE WITH LOVE?

Lynn, it's also at PS. I think 3rd floor, it's a scrapbooking store.
The ribbons are textured and pretty!
But i'm ashamed to say that my ribbons are all in pink/purple.
Lynn did u use e cotton flannel on both side?
I'm thinking of using silk on one side.

Diva,

My son will take only 12 tbsp of cereal. No milk la. But he is still able to take like 30ml of water after that. Shld be ok right?

Back