(2008/04) April 2008

cloudme and von.

I also bought e water filled cooling mat. julian had high fever and our pd very nice. he loan one to us. it helped julian bring down e fever so we got 1 as well. I got mine from tom and stephanie. think about $10. but they left a few so quite dirty. we had to bring home to scrub. my pd told me can get from kk's pharmacy. but it's quite ex.

jaspire,

ya. julian's dermatologist also told us to keep him moisturised so we apply lotion on him every now and then.

jaspire - kaylen went to HX for swim last Sat, her 1st attempt and she was screaming and crying...tik she scared of the float + she cant touch the base...sianz.

Cloudme...mine too! sorta funny but sometimes irritating.

Jules..oh u also have tat....quite useful hor.
i used it when mine had fever after jabs.

<font color="aa00aa">morning mummies..</font>

angel,
dana will be fine.. u take care too..

cloudme, vonn, jules' mum,
can post how the cooling mat looks like.. think better to buy and standby, fever is always dangerous to baby, children or even adults..

Any mummies start to give Colostrum with Probiotics? I jus started giving last week and i notice my son used to sleep through the nite started waking up for the past week.
I not sure whether its due to the probiotics that aids in digestion make him cry for milk or wat?
1870545.jpg

Good morning mommas!

Vonn,
Thanks for the info on name change. I'm considering making Ethan's middle name official, but not if the process is going to be so tedious.

Childlife Colostrum:
What time of the day do you give it to your son?
I just ordered Colostrum so I won't be getting it for another month or so, but I plan to give it to Ethan in the mornings.
Perhaps you should try giving it in the mornings if you haven't already done so.
What time is your son's last feed? And what time has he started to wake up now?

Jaspire,

You've got a good point about exposing babies to water earlier so they do not fear it later.
Guess I should bring Ethan to HX for a try before splurging on his first swimsuit!
happy.gif

Hi Diva.....
1st 4 days i give him during his last feed ard 8.30pm - 9pm...he also wake up.
Yesterday and today i gave him morning ard 7am, last nite he still wake up. I shall see wats his reaction tonight.
Mummies in forum says we can start to give and my colleague is telling me to start supplement after 2 that's when they lose all their mummy's immune system passed down to them. Now organs still not fully develop.
Confuse now....
sad.gif

not sure about childlife colostrum, but my PD said can give probiotics and it's very safe cos nothing is absorbed by the body. the good bacteria simply stays in the guts and is not absorbed..

Jules'Mum: I rec'd the goat milk samples from Karihxxx last evening. Thanks for offering, perhaps leave it for other mummies who are interested to try.
happy.gif
By the way, one of the doc my son visited suggested EnfX HA ( although it is still cow's milk, suppose to be easier for digestion of the protein and lactose component in the formula as went through some special process), have you consider that? Am not sure about S26. Actually, how does yr PD diagnose cow's milk allergy? I wonder what caused my son's allergy as his PD not keen to send him for allergy test. Was told it's tedious and difficult for young baby and he should out grow the allergy when older. Then again it is more difficult for the care giver when the child has these problems..sighz

Vonn : Your boy is not breastmilk, so he has lower immume system as compare those that are on tbf for the first few mths. Probiotic is good for the guts development.And Childlife colostrum is safe for young child. Is your colleague BF-ing?

Him waking up in the middle of the night may not be due to colostrum but other matters.

I give charis probiotics, she is ok.

Vonn, if your boy don't sleep well, maybe he is bloated. do you check if his tummy is bloated?

Hi Vonn,

Hmm... strange..
Could be that the pattern was already set from the first 4 days of giving Colostrum at night, but it could also be completely unrelated.
Is he cranky/hungry when he wakes up?

I wouldn't worry about giving Colostrum at such a young age, I fully believe it's beneficial which is why I'm starting Ethan on it myself
happy.gif

Morning mummies !! Been so busy with all the wedding lunches and dinner.

Jaspire: Kayla seems to be enjoying her swim !!

Angel: Hugs to Dana , hope the influenza bugs stay away from her soon.

Re: Physiogel (AI)
I will be getting another tub for Xav. Should be able to get a 10 - 15% from rp. Any mummies need just pm me.

Vonn,

A few of my friends commented that their kids feel hungry after taking probiotics, other brand. So, I think it's normal to get hungry faster. Or, maybe your son wants to eat more solid?

Zishumo,

My son was on Nan HA since birth. He regurgitate alot so the PD say maybe he might the protein is too complex for him. So, he suggest try out soy milk and see how it is. True enough, he stopped regurgitating. PD said that most kids will grow out between 6 months to 1 yr. He said if I wanna switch, he suggest next month try out 1 bottle a day and see how it is.

jaspire, Kayla had a haircut? your mabo float did you leave the top or bottom half deflated? cso it looks like that from the pic. i inflate both sides and Adel can't see her rubber duckie at all leh
sad.gif

Hi mummies, thanks for all the advice.
Maybe tonight i give him another feed before i sleep.
I was thinking maybe he is hungry after taking probiotics.
Ya, childlife colostrum is wat i am looking for: building up immunity and aids in digestion.

GD mummies on dot cards. we do equations (addition,subtraction, multiplication and division) each type for 2 weeks right? then after that what's next? do you do the 3 step equations like 2+3+5=10 in the 2 weeks?

my girl sometimes smile when i flash the cards, other times looks away or stares intently at something else.. quite difficult to get her attention now she's into exploring her surroundings.

araid22, Adel also regurgitates a lot. but PD reluctant to let her try soy cos she's on full ebm and PD says it's already the most easily digested one already
sad.gif

wonder if i should try soy. mummies feeding soy, how does it taste? i found enfapro taste quite disgusting (very strong milk taste and smell) and my girl really disliked it as well. i've had mummies telling me soy taste sweet others say it has a bad smell. and FM companies dun give soy samples. PD still dun wan to let me try soy since Adel is still on full ebm..

Lynn, it's available at toys r us.
Re Flashcards, I do repeats instead of the more complicated ones.

Koori, i think ur gal is kinda scared already.
Should start babies on water as young as possible.
Summer havent gone swimming for a few weeks. I'm crossing my fingers. Hope she is still ok with being in the pool. Now when i bathe her, i feel i need a raincoat or poncho, she splashes water all over.

Anyone tried bellamy's organic milk?

lynn, to catch her attention, you might want to bring her into the room, with no other sounds, or toys around.
I usually let her side on the bed facing me and a wall behind me. She will look at the cards.

Lynn,

Is Adel still on full bm?

If you really want, I can let you try some. Don't waste money buying in case she doesn't like. I feel that Isomil is quite bland. Smell is not as good as cow's milk but better than Nan HA. Haha. So far, the 2 milk he had are not nice tasting. I have not tried the other brands of soy milk.

sherin: I am bringing Kayla back to HX tomorrow after such a long absence haha! Suspect she might not like it anymore. Anyway, I am migrating her to the condo pool next month liao, so am selling my HX remaining package away to my friend.

Btw, Bellamy's organic milk is cow's milk? If so, believe you should not feed cow's milk to babies under 1 year old.

As for the GD cards, I have finished 1 set of the Chinese cards, do I continue with the Stage 2 i.e. couplets, or do i repeat the single words again?

jgal: TBM babies need to take probiotics and colostrum supplements?

Re: Haircut
Have you tried cutting your baby's hair yourself? My mom previously trimmed Kayla's fringe but not nice hahaa. Now I feel like trimming it myself as its touching her eyes liao...but don;t dare to bring the scissors near her face ...

Calamari : TBM, no need to take probiotics and colostrum unless recomm by pd e.g. Owen's case with bad eczema. TBM also no need to take daily cod fish oil also.. cos' breastmilk is rich in vit a.
happy.gif

Calamari, Summer's not very keen on HX due to space constraint i think.
Bellamy's FM just like all the other brands. It says from birth onwards.
I'm not sure about chinese one le. Coz i'm only doing english and math. For English, i'm moving to the smaller size fonts already.
Math is just repeating.

Lynn, Kayla shaved her head... hee. But thank God her hair is growing very fast! Think for maths can repeat the equations. I went to do the slightly complicated one... but then was told by my SIL that only do the easy one loh. I have not done the multiplication and division yet. Kayla is also not really looking at the cards and i find it pretty hard to get her attention.
sad.gif

Oh, the neck float... I did inflate it ard 4/5...
happy.gif

Calamari, my hubby tried to trim Kayla's hair... and it was disastrous! Hence we had to shave her head.
sad.gif
So i wont encourage self-trimming unless you are pretty gd at it wor...

calamari, Adel's on full ebm and taking probiotics everyday. partly for her eczema/thrush and partly for her digestive system (bloatedness/constipation/regurgitation etc). so far it's working pretty well, i'm waitin for the day i can stop her probiotics! a small 5ml bottle is like almost $50 wor..

jaspre and calamari, not recommended to self-trim ah? Adel's hair is annoyingly long. where can i get it trimmed?

mummies need advice on feeding again.

after a 2-day break from solids (almost cos she took like a couple of mouthfuls before crying murder), i tried giving her cereal again. this time she watched with great interest as i prepared her cereal while carrying her in the other arm (wah really very heavy leh!). then i fed her with her on my lap by my side. she tooked the first few mouthfuls and then began to grab the spoon from me. if i dun give her she'll scream. i tried to see what she wanted with the spoon she put it in her mouth. but she dunno how to pull the spoon out and close her mouth around the spoon while doing this on her own. when i feed her it's ok though. what do i do with this little terror?

and mummies of fussy eater like mine, the Sassy fresh food feeder is really encouraging Adel to try new tastes. she's happily sucking on slices of apple when she's usually disgusted by apple puree. go figure..

self trim...my mum jus cut my kaleb's hair on sunday..
wld say it looks ok from the front but side not nice lor cos he move ard too much..
here his pre and after cut pic.
1872203.jpg
1872204.jpg
1872205.jpg

Lynn,
I got the muchkin fresh food feeder but yet to let her try coz i scared of mess... do you actually let her wear a bib when she is sucking on the feeder? I am also scared of the juices that will potentially drip down her hands...

Maybe you can try letting Adel hold on to another spoon while you feed her? That should distract her and probably allow you to feed her also?

Think you can get baby hair cut at junior league or Hua Xia. Not sure about Hwa Xia but i think Junior league charges $20 for a haircut...

my girl (messy messy long hair) with her fresh food feeder. so far the only way i can get her to get a taste of some fruits.. and her dura bib which is covers such a large area i'm so thankful for it..

1872378.jpg

Amy, see her in her dura bib with the feeder. if not for it sure die ah. cos she'll use both hands and change hands and fling it all over! cannot avoid mess with babies lah, i'm resigned to it. everyday change dunno how many clothes lor.

i tried giving her another spoon, and she'll be so preoccupied with shoving the other sppon into her mouth she not want to eat leh. and i'm quite worried cos previously when she did that i think she pushed the spoon too deep into her mouth she gagged a little.

just gug out my girl's clothes from Old Navy. 6-12 months and some already too small for her! other are a snug fit already and my girl is actually below average sized
sad.gif

mummies with ON clothes waiting to be worn by baby pls do note wor.. bring them out and check the size..

Mummies, didn't log in the whole day. Was tending to bb. Dana's temp is still up and down, just now at 6pm measured 38C. Think it'll take few days for her own immunity to fight the flu virus.
sad.gif

RE: Cooling Mat
Jules' Mum, Vonn and Cloudme, may I know how does the cooling mat look like and where I can still buy one? Can post a picture?

RE: probiotics? Dana's on formula milk since birth, it is good idea to introduce probiotics to strength her immunity too?

angel,

I can't find e picture online. mine is at my mum's place. It's like mats filled with water. if I'm not wrong, last time taxi drivers use it.

I bought mine from tom and stephanie at westmall but they have very little left and it's very dirty. i got it about $10. can't remember e exact. my pd told me to get from kkH's pharmacy. I heard it's quite expensive.

Vonn,
Kaleb is very cute indeed, handsome
happy.gif

Lynn,
Adel looks chubby, not what I'd expect from a fussy eater! Doesn't look like you've got much to worry about
happy.gif

She's adorable, love her long hair!

Angel,

Dana's gonna bounce back, recovery takes time.
Keep your chin up
happy.gif

I brought Ethan to HX today, he stayed in the tub for 45 mins. There were some tears and I had to cuddle him but all in all, a good first time.

I'm not sure if I'll bring him back since the tub was quite small and there wasn't much room for Ethan to move around.
Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know if hubby and I decide to bring Ethan back there again
happy.gif

Didn't log in for the past few days as super bz at office.

Angel - Keep your spirit up! Dana needs a lot of TLC from you. And perhaps it is good to keep her away from viruses till her immunity bounce back.
And I am interested in the HX thingie.... will PM you
happy.gif

Re : Feeding
My boy officially hates milk now and it takes him 30 mins to finish his milk. He only takes in 535ml a day. And his schedule:
6.30am - 160 ml of EBM
9.30am - Cereal (4Tsp) + 125ml of EBM
1.30am - Porridge (one bowl)
5.30pm - Cereal (4Tsp)
7.30pm - 125ml of EBM

RE: Porridge
I tried cooking porridge with the thermal cooker
happy.gif
a bit watery but taste yummy
happy.gif

Playdate at my place this sat, any mummies interested. Next playdate will be the X'mas party.

Venue: Serene123 house
Date: 15 Nov
Time: 2pm to 5pm
Snack: Serene will provide

1. Serene + Roy Zak

Jus want to share, my boy is 7 months this week and he can stand up with support by himself and do the proper crawl
happy.gif
Yipee, soon he will be crusing then walking then running... hahahahahaaa then I will be the one chasing him :p

Back