(2008/03) March 2008

kresential and kell

hi just putting my thoughts on CFA. very tough papers to take and unless you are currently in this field if not the topics are very hard to relate. i am stuck at level 3 for the longest time due to my pregnancy and now very hard to pick it up again. however, it can be considered the cheapest papers around if you are doing self studying like i did.

Thanks Shirley for co-ordinating!
I haven't confirmed my venue yet (and don't think can confirm by this week) so I'll have to opt out.
happy.gif

Wow! You got #1 and you're still in CFA. I will consider taking up only if my kid(s) is/are at least in Pri Sch. LOL + if I can find a Finance job. Now still unable to move out of accounts.

Hi Mummies,
m thinking is there a possibility of BP for birthday cakes? Anyone wanna do?
M ok wif any one so long its nice looking n edible. Really dunno which one to choose from. M thinking of getting Elmo head birthday cake for my son from Polar. Any views?

shirley, thanks for coordinating.

cfa
my hb took it recently n didn't pass. heard the passing rate ia 35% n so it's not easy to pass. I agree with wat kell said. must take into consideration the return of your investment, of the course fee that is.

Shirley
i emailed you and i have already more or less confirmed my order with michael.
If there is gonna be a BP, it will be great!

clover
ya the cfa is not easy to pass, i cant seem to cross the level 3 hurdle, i took the paper twice and it seem the passing rate is falling every time. haiz but i hope to finish soon didnt like the unfinished feeling.

kell
you doing accounts? i am from audit background and now doing compliance work. initially wanted to shift into financial sector due to interest but looking at my sister long hours i put off liao. with 2 kiddos i need to knock off at 6pm everyday hee hee

Shirley: Yep. Hit "Gold" with this current job - almost 5 yrs in accounts and first job with very little OT. LOL. Crossing fingers.

Reason for taking Finance: I wanna go into investment and be like Warren Buffet. ~Dreaming again~ Hahaha

Phoon Huat:
Yes! Buy Bday stuff there if you pass by. I saw that its quite cheap.

ooh. many finance/accounting ppl ard here. similar jobs...

kell: haha, warren buffet's net worth is indeed very attractive...
happy.gif

i tried ACCA... then gave up cause it's too tough.

yt: dun think there will be a bp on cakes. haha too much variety and demands.

birthday celebrations
i m stuck with zero ideas. dunno how to go abt it. but luckily i still have 3wks.
cake, balloons, banner, food... wat else?
too plain/simple?

food warmer
i think can rent frm those caterers.. i also prob intend to do so.

thanks Pet for the advice on BP for cakes.

Simple/plain celebration?
Jus look at me, I m a plain Jane. So I will do everything plain n simple. Someone told me this before "simplicity is elegant".
Due respect to all the mummies who take efforts to their bb's bday celebration. Hahhahaha! Its jus plain lazy ma ma finding excuses for here.

yt: me me, i also lazy mama.. i'll prob juz get those normal baloons filled wif helium + simple banner.
yeah, kudos to those who spend so much time on e event planning.. + DIYing...

i think polar is ok. anyway, cake nice can le rite? hehe.. for photo taking. lol

Hi^5 YT!
Me also lazy. Its like the 1 mth old celebration again. Do for relatives only... I dun think the baby know what is happening. Ahahaha.

I still cannot decide btw Neo Garden or restaurant Lunch Buffet... Have to pacify ppl over which choice I take.

Hahahahha!
Good that I m not alone! Those who come my house ps dun expect too much as in no elaborated decor lor. Food wise... I m sure they are edible. tsk tsk tsk! M laying expectations liao! hahahhahah!

Clover,
I read here that can blow up balloon w Helium at Florists for a minimum fee like few dollars. But someone will have to be funny man to walk home w hands full of helium balloons! Or drive home full of balloons in car.

I decided on below practical and cost savings solutions:
1. Neo Garden at home.
2. 2kg Swensen's Minnie Mouse cake w delivery
3. Pump balloons and tie/stick to walls. Can use friction - rub balloons on felt then it will sort of stick to the wall. That is if I remember to buy them.

Happy - Now I'm just left w choosing date and time. LOL
Pardon my "Zi Ye Bing".

All these talks about CFA & ACCA makes me sweat -_-;

Me now taking CAT. Thinking of doing ACCA after that. Just heard from my lecturer yesterday that ACCA is the 4th hardest accounting exam in the world. Just the 4th & it's already so hard. Haiz~

shirley, jia you for cfa leve 3. i will use yr example to inspire my hb.
happy.gif

kell, i tried decorating with ballons at my place during alex's man yue, but my place was too windy. blow off the balloons and peeled off part of the paint! haiz. i never know this method of rubbing the ballons on felt. tks for sharing!

wow.. happen to know i m not alone ..hehe.. doing my acca oso.. result coming out on mon..hai..

abcdisney- may i know how big is ur banner?? i email them to ask.. they code me min for 5 x 2ft at $25.. exclude delivery de wo..

kell
rubbing balloons on felt work? the balloons will not burst cos i tot friction will cause the balloons to burst? i tried sticking for zac 2nd birthday party using scotch tape still can but i only stick to the mirror and gate.

i only do a big one for my children first year party cos i didnt celebrate their man yue. actually quit enjoy doing the planning.

Updates on the BP Balloons Deco
===============================
Hmm the BP discount is not like what i expected it is more like giving more freebies, depending on your package. i think i will stop taking in orders as the discount not very transparent to all parties. I can still email interested party on michael package if you cannot get hold of him.

clover
haiz no more oil liao. cant pick myself up to do it lei. maybe after lele turn 2? haha forever procrastinating.
happy.gif

kell -i oso tot of the problem of bring back my balloon after blow up le.. so i decide to rent a smallest tank of helium gas back.. since i giving kids walking balloon ... rather then replace treaty bag.. so i have many balloon to blow up.. more worth while i thk..
happy.gif

cladi: u rent the tank from where? what if it's too much? wasted rite? or not enough?

kell: isit? can do it at florists? hmm, i'll go ard asking my neighbourhood florists then..

ACCA CFA
Think Positive mah, then it won't be hard! But its difficult to do so with a job, family, and other commitments. But some ppl can do it so I believe we can do it.
happy.gif

I think child birth affects my memory so all self improvement plans that needs mugging are on hold for me.

Clover and Shirley:
NP. Won't burst so easily. You rub until the area of the balloon is hot, that particular area will sort of stick. But Clover, if your place is windy, this won't help too...

Another way is to scotch tape all the balloons together, then secure the ends w strings maybe from one end of the room (window grill) to another end (door grill). Tadah - your balloon banner.

Pet:
Yes, go check ard HV got many florists. You do a search on balloons in this forum then can find the helium source liao.

Cladi:
I also wanna know how much is the helium tank?

kell: ahha.. i not scared kenna charged.. i scared i bomb my hse down.. cause i also have the same qn.
whether it will explode or not...

u noe, i saw on tv tat if u rub petroleum jelly on balloon, u can poke through the balloon. so i was thinking if i can thread all the balloons together to form an arch?

adeline: $50 do u noe ard for how many balloons?

Kell
hahahahha i highly doubt it will explode? :p

Pet
hmmm i forgot liao hehee.. they got small or medium tank one.
The troublesome part is need to collect and return lo.. then anything happen ur $$ forfeited thats why i chose to ask ppl do it.

adeline: ok.. i also think abit mafun to rent the whole tank. i'll compare prices on rental of tank & buying the intact balloon then decide..

blue skies: oh, tat i noe.. i often see on tv when they play a guessing game while talking funny.

Sounds like Bugs Bunny/Cartoon... ahahahaha! Interesting to try!

Pet,
If you thread balloons, will it slowly deflate? If not, Clover can try this out to counter the windy problem.

if go down to florist shop..blow balloon oso one trip there.. then imagine i bring 20balloon back.. how to put into the car?? hahaha..

so i decided rent.. i check with astoria floral.. one small balloon cost $2.. big one $3.. n compasspoint branch dun help ppl to blow balloon de..

adeline: ok.. i also think abit mafun to rent the whole tank. i'll compare prices on rental of tank & buying the intact balloon then decide..

blue skies: oh, tat i noe.. i often see on tv when they play a guessing game while talking funny.

kell: dun think will deflate too soon. cause the jelly covers the hole..

clover: maybe u can try. threading 3 together, create a triangle then stick to wall..

cladi: oh, $40 is cheap... can consider..

if u r nearby there.. mayb u can consider ah.. provided u have many balloon.. n no florist nearby provide svc to blow up balloon ba

hi cladi

i rented for my son's first birthday and it is a lot of work to blow up the balloons and tying. if engage external party the cheapest package is $48 (blowing up 30 balloons plus streamers and tying of the balloons), the helium smallest tank cos $40 dollars can only filled up 40 balloons. plus collecting and returning the tank, quite troublesome. On the actual day, there are many other things you have to prepare too e.g. dressing up the birthday boy/gal, other decos etc. Just sharing my experience, not promoting michael package.

hehe ..thks for sharing shirley..
happy.gif

i tot of tat oso.. tat y i collect the tank on fri..party on sun.. then if not anyway will need to go down florial to blow up my walking balloon.. so the time spend to blow up my own balloon is abt the same.. i intend to blow my 15 walking balloon.. then some for tat days deco.. so i have abt 20extra to decide on whether i wan to use or not tat day..
happy.gif

collection for me not problem.. i stay fernvale.. store at s'goon only.. hubby can jus drove pass to pick it up lol

shirley
i agree cause kim one i pump until want to die and decorate whole aloha chalet.. until fainted + i was preggy hah..
And erm.. i dumb lor rented from concourse!! so far away!

Cladi
oh i know the serangoon store.. along upper serangoon road?

happy.gif
wont b doin lots of deco .. cos is at home.. my inlaw hse.. so limited lol...

hope all the bbs coming will enjoy ba..

btw.. any one tot of wat food/snack to prepare for the coming bbd/young kids?? for those doing at home de?? care to share??

shirley
checked out for u
happy.gif
scaling for dogs is necessary, just like human, the clinic which she is in is charging abt 100 plus for consultation & medication..

wow, today the topic is on birthday parties

YT
hehe, i learn a new phrase fr u Simplicity is Elegance :p i m quite lazy also..hehe..
tat day, i will probably let the mummies with babies hav a cosy chit chat in one of the rooms with the aircon on. the room the bb also can crawl abt

Clover
the cake looks good u need to help me to select ..aiyah, just choose ur fav cake shop plss
happy.gif

kell
Clover is rite, Neo garden is non halal, so do u want its halal company orangle clove ?
happy.gif

suckling in the helium gas & sounding like bugs bunny sounds fun :p maybe can let the sporting guests inhale, make them wish our kids happy birthday & video it :p

shaz
i lazy to use email, she is at http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/3/605686.html?1232602194Surgery

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD>Mummies</TD><TD>Vote (Caterer)</TD><TD>Vote( 1stCake)</TD><TD>Vote(MickeyMinnieAgar)</TD><TD>Roles</TD><TD>Toys to bring </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Clover</TD><TD>Elsie</TD><TD></TD><TD>ok</TD><TD>Treasurer</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>bbpink</TD><TD>eatzigourmet</TD><TD>PrimaDeli</TD><TD>ok</TD><TD>lobang finding</TD><TD>vtechtree </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>abcdisney</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Venuebooking</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>bbheng</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>jerejoy</TD><TD>chilliapi</TD><TD>4 leaves</TD><TD>ok</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>twinklestars</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>zhiqiang</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>sweet secret</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>yasmine</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>FL</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>ok</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>lefthander</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>summerdaze</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>happygal29</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>Angie</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>mikael</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>shirley</TD><TD>chilliapi</TD><TD>PrimaDeli</TD><TD>ok</TD><TD>bannerordering</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>isabellali</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>ecreative</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>connie</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>katechow</TD><TD>chilliapi</TD><TD>Primadeli</TD><TD>ok</TD><TD></TD><TD>vtechdancingtower </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>adelineL</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>shalom</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>yutong</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>cyberbabe</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>kell</TD><TD>orangeclove?</TD><TD>4 leaves</TD><TD>ok</TD><TD></TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>toby pp</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>dreamlife pp</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>lingyee pp</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pp</TD><TD>pending payment</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
<font color="0000ff">dear ladies/gentleman, tolong tolong, do vote pls
happy.gif
it really makes the final decision much easier..pls free to list ur fav halal caterer and ur fav halal cake shop
happy.gif
kam sia </font>

Back