(2008/03) March 2008

"On the first birthday, a set of items are placed before the birthday child so that the child may pick whatever he or she fancies. Whatever item the child picks and successfully gives to his or her parents may be an indication of the child's future career."

Got this from a website, applicable to northern China. I've summarised it here for those interested. Not sure if there are more to add on to the list.

1. Stethoscope - for a medical career
2. Calculator - for a career in the sciences.
3. Stamps - used in China to authenticate documents, and if a child picks up the stamp, they will most likely become a high-ranking official or a person of great power.
4. Celery - the child will be hard-working, or "qin lao."
5. Orange - stands for fortune
6. Green onions - represent intelligence
7. Pen - will have a career in the literary arts (eg a writer, a scholar, or even a journalist)

i heard of chong (green onions) as clever b4..

but i wan a complete list of items. n wat does it stand for..

reena - thanks for sharing.. how did u find tat ah?? wt did u search for??

Drumstick is not mentioned in this article but I rem my friend did this for his son's birthday and drumstick is one of them. It's those steamed chicken drumstick.

haha.. then ur fren son end up taking wat items??
oily drumstick??

i imagine.. a baby with oily drumstick struck in his mouth.. must b cute.. keke

Can't rem... that was like 6 - 7 yrs ago... I only rem his son took a few items, can't rem what's the final item.

icic.. thanks reena

i m wondering sld i let him pick on his lunar bday or actual bday..

my mother said we can only celebrate his bday once..

Hi Mummies, good evening. How's everyone doing?

If you're still looking around for nice party decor/balloon vendor for your BB's 1st Bday Party, do give Michael Liew a call at 8118 2184 or email him at [email protected]. His website is http://birthdayballoons.vox.com/ and he has different packages to suit your budget.

I was recommended to him by a fellow Apr mummy and find him very negotiable and customer-oriented. Dun be mistaken, I am not related to him nor do I earn any commission - just trying to share a good contact. If few mummies from your thread book from him together, he will be able to give you a better package! Btw, he also carries party supplies so enjoy your Bday planning!
happy.gif

2142360.jpg

ABC
I order a 3kg chocolate mousse cake from them on my 21st birthday. It really taste nice. And I find the price reasonable too... But agree with you that it can be a little too sweet to mummies who doesnt have a sweet tooth.

Babypink
OMG! Travis kenna before. Dariz slam the door shut & sway sway his hand was there, so kenna his fingers.. The blue black n the tearing of the skin make me so heart pain... Hope ur baby is OK now. Have u bring him to take any x-rays? Cos baby hand very fragile.. so just to be safe...

Baby Rhys fell down & knock his head the the day before yesterday.. He's still under 'quarantine' cos his kor kor is still down with chicken pox. Dariz was diagnosed with bronchitis yesterday. Have to give him the puff every 4 hour & have to take steroids & augmentin. I really hate it when Dariz is down with asthma/bronchitis. The medi Dr gave him are always those that I rather he not take. Haiz~

Kyzac's mummy thanks all the ah yis and uncle for the sayang, care & concern ..i just now kiap my finger between 2 chairs when i was shifting , no blue black but already very painful..so now it pains me even more of wat the little bb boy has gone thru..

jialat, isabella, i din noe must xray

shirley
thanks for banner, i think mickey/minnie will be fine
happy.gif

isabella
hope all the 3 kids can be well..Dariz is not the kor kor with chickenpox or is he ?

kate
hope brendon is well too

Kell
poor Pheobe ! slipping on own saliva is really poor thing

talking abt neogarden, my 1st tot of its halal company is Deli Hub, then realise orange clove also is its halal subsidiary..business is expanding

i remember deli hub..food not nice..neo garden is nicer

cladi
yupz, i did it during #1's lunar bday too
happy.gif

yutong, vote lah
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD>Mummies</TD><TD>Vote (Caterer)</TD><TD>Vote( 1stCake)</TD><TD>Vote(MickeyMinnieAgar)</TD><TD>Roles</TD><TD>Toys to bring </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Clover</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Treasurer</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>bbpink</TD><TD>eatzigourmet</TD><TD>PrimaDeli</TD><TD>ok</TD><TD>lobang finding</TD><TD>vtechtree </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>abcdisney</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Venuebooking</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>bbheng</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>jerejoy</TD><TD>chilliapi</TD><TD>4 leaves</TD><TD>ok</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>twinklestars</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>zhiqiang</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>yasmine</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>FL</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>lefthander</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>summerdaze</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>happygal29</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>Angie</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>mikael</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>shirley</TD><TD>chilliapi</TD><TD>PrimaDeli</TD><TD>ok</TD><TD>bannerordering</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>isabellali</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>ecreative</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>connie</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>katechow</TD><TD>chilliapi</TD><TD>Primadeli</TD><TD>ok</TD><TD></TD><TD>vtechdancingtower </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>adelineL</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>shalom</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>yutong</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>cyberbabe</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>kell</TD><TD>orangeclove?</TD><TD>4 leaves</TD><TD>ok</TD><TD></TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>toby pp</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>dreamlife pp</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>lingyee pp</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pp</TD><TD>pending payment</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hello!

Yes. been so busy with baby, studies and work!
It's really draining. Especially now that exams are coming... So scared. But yet it seems that i've got no choice. Got to study hard...

Anyway, Destiny's blog has been erm, blocked. Haha. I secured it. Havent been updating it anyway... Very busy! =p

Really stress at times when i think of ways to cope with everything plus her! But still going. =)

babypink, good morning! Thanks for remembering dana even though I seldom post. Here's a pic we took last Sun at Jacob Ballas Garden, showing her cheeky self
happy.gif

2143127.jpg

So you're the main organiser for the March bb Bday Bash? Good Job, not easy to coordinate
happy.gif
Dana's celebrating her 1st Bday on 4 April too!

Hello! Everyone,
So been busy with work, no time to catch up all the posting but surely all of us are excited planning for our babies’ party eh… especially for 1st time mum like me.
My venue is set but cake not order yet. Am looking at http://sugarlust.blogspot.com, anyone tried before and any idea how much for a kg?

I am doing it only for both hb &amp; my side familes but I still went all the way to doing up e-invite for my bros &amp; sis-in-laws in the middle of the nite when I really have the time… haha… here’s a glimpse of my bb’s invite:
2143233.jpg

As for Mar’08 babies bday bash, I am okay with any caterer, cake and agar agar. Thanks all organizers for the effort do let me know if you need any help.

BLOGS: I seen someone blog before and there is a side panel link to rest of the mummies blog. I would also like to add all Mar’08 bb &amp; mum’s blog to my blog but I dunno how to do it and I do not have your blogs too. Need to seek permission for adding ppl into blog? I dun wan to get sue arr… first time blogger here…

hi angel

i am currently liasing with michael on the balloon package. he is indeed very nice person and give me a lot of options. Mummies who want to engage him too may PM me see if you can get a better deal from him.

Faith, where and what are you studying?

I'm studying and working too so can understand your situation. I took MC today, just so i can complete my project reports.

So how are you planning your Destiny's 1-yr-old birthday? Oh ya, our babies same birthdate.
happy.gif

adeline

dont know can combine and try to get a cheaper deal....wanna ask him if he is willing to do a BP for our thread and we can gather a few mummies like maybe 5?

adeline

i have just emailed him to ask if he is willing to give us a bp discount if we manage to get 5 mummies. let see his reply

Shirley
i am getting his package and getting him to deco also.. u? same ah?
Can try asking him..
btw the CD i might need u to come and collect from me or post?
File size think unable to send over wor..
But i no longer in sengkang..

Shirley,
If there is a disc, then count me in. But I might just get walker balloons/dancing balloons (dunno what are those called) if Michael has...

party deco
I was thinking of making my own, then reuse every year! haha...

baby calling mama
last nite alex bugger won't sleep. he fought the z monster from 9+ to 11+!! while I was trying to make him sleep. he looked at me n called me mama repeatedly. :D can't help but to kiss him (even though I also want to spank him). hb took over and later he told me, alex was looking for me, keep calling mama and even said I want mama. :D feel damn shiok. wahaha

Shirley, Adeline and mummies, glad you found Michael's service good too. Several of us, Apr mummies also ordered the balloon package with him and he'll throw in a bonus balloon sculpture(not discount) i think but no harm asking
happy.gif

adeline
i will collect from you. you at kovan right? no problem my hubby goes there for marketing so still can arrange

abc
you confirm your order?

Shirley
yes.. just let me know when he coming over..
happy.gif

i can meet him at kovan MRT.. cause i live like 15 mins away from mrt..
i so excited still waiting for kathlyn's banner design heee..

clover, what a relief, happy news indeed, PTL! JTS, this is one design I like from Michael's package. Dunno why but I have a fascination with balloons, I think they really make a party come alive!
happy.gif

2143550.jpg

abc, adeline, kell

i have received the email from michael and this is what he mentioned:

"Hi Shirley,

We always try our best to see how we can offer our service.

Sure! We love to help everyone out. Unfortunately, we only have one constrain. Time!

Our Business is on event deco and all the events are happening in the weekend Sat / Sun.

So we can only take in as many requests as we can cater in our schedule (taking note that if we have Balloons and Deco job, which one job alone will take up a 2 to 3 hours block – delivery, setup, equipment transportation, etc). Hence, all our jobs are schedule in advance and booking confirmed ahead.

If you can gather the orders with the details and send them to me, we can look into how we can schedule the jobs for everyone. Of course bulk purchase discount we will definitely consider in giving if all orders are confirmed.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Michael "

So if you ladies are confirmed in getting. Maybe i can coordinate and see if we can get a better discount?

Let me know if you ladies are comfortable with the arrangement.
Any other mummies want to join in, please PM me

Clover
Congrats! i know how you have been worrying about this. Btw wat is PTL? Hmm good question about the balloons, the last time, we just gave away to the kids but mine is those single one not so elaborate as what angel shown in the pic.

Angel
Wow this design is amazing, guess it comes with a price too right? think i am going for simpler design hee cut cost

Clover, i presume you can bring them home to decorate bb's room/living room till they're deflated? or if you're throwing more than 1 celebration, then can reuse the balloons or give away to friends? I think they'll be thrilled!
happy.gif

Yes, Shirley, since most parties fall on weekends, it's best to coordinate quickly and make deposits to Michael early to secure your date otherwise once he's committed to someone else, you'll not find such good deal for decor.
happy.gif
He has Balloons and Deco Packages for S$68, S$88, S$128, S$168 and S$188 for budget range of below S$200. The one I posted should be $168 (cost include setup and delivery).

angel
how much is he charging for a design like that???

Adeline
Where did u make the birthday banner?

Mummies, can i check with u ladies if anyone of you know where to buy those taiwan muah chee.. I would like to buy the chcolate flavour wan. But seems like no one is selling after CNY.

Back