(2008/03) March 2008

Hi Shirley

ok
happy.gif
so we take one bah

Cupcakes she is okay with us ordering abt 12 ? is there a min

babypink
i think too much food. Jus to pay for the food n take picture? a bit the too much and ex picture right? Also we spend so much on food but will ppl eat? dun forget u r still catering. Everytime we go for gathering we always hv potluck but everytime the food dun finish. There will be lots of leftovers. I dun think it is wise to hv too much food and leftovers then no one wan to bring it back lor. Jus my opinion...

shu yi, yah. the date is on 4 apr. venue not fixed yet. the "participation fee" is $20 per family n 3 adults max.

u wanna join us?
happy.gif

bbpink, one type of cake enough bah?

tks to abc's mummy for pointing it out. it's $30 per family.

shirley/erny, tks for the payment.

ladies, those that have indicated your interest to join the bash but haven't transfer, pls do so. (paiseh for listing yr names here)
isabellali
bellemummy
adelineK
Yutong
dreamlife
katechow
adelineL (1st nov)
shalom (1st nov)
Ling Yee
Simp

<font color="ff0000">APRIL 2009 BIRTHDAY BASH</font>
Sorry...I am 1 of those who had not paid cos was abit lazy to apply the TT BUT I will do it in awhile. Sorry can I suggest NOT to have the cupcakes, I think I ever suggested before but no idea if anyone saw the last post I put before regarding to this. Cupcakes is like nice to look at but sweet to eat due to the icing. With cake, then agar agar cake...and so much food. Ya, agree its alittle too much.
By April most of our babies are already running around or crawling around so I think can use the left over $$ to maybe buy some things to entertain them cos dont think we'll have the chance to sit around and chit chat without the active little ones messing around!

YT: i'll wear my boy in normal kakhi shorts &amp; shirt. colour wise prob red or white. cause the CNY material is too warm.. imagine a tiny hse wif sooo many ppl running ard. sure pespire like crazy.. normal shopping already "man tou han". not to mention CNY weather..
perhaps older toddlers more suitable..

Sorry I yet to pay for the Birthday Bash cos I maybe travelling around that period. Will confirm asap n pay up. tnx.

Ivy &amp; Clover,
So shiok! Hubby take care bb while you gals go massage. So DH went along as well but they are the camera man (Or the supporting role)! No wonder din see them.

shuyi, venue not decided yet. coz we need a big space as well as keeping to the budget. (treasurer mode on) any suggestion?
happy.gif

cyberbabe, sorry must have missed out yr post.
happy.gif
how many pax?

Clover
I went to see the spreadsheet and realise that the amount of adult is wrong... I forgot to add my maid in.. Total adult 3, toddler 2 baby 1

hi clover,

i dun think i got any plce to suggest. coz me 1st time mummy. heehee....

me shd be ok with any place

just keep evryone update will do.

tahnxs for all the hard work for all the mummies.

i will check with my husband an get back to u

anyone interested in Happybellies brown rice cereal? my bb don't like the taste. letting go at 14$ 2can. note(1 can opened)

Babypink &amp; Clover,

Since the budget is too limited, I can help to make a dessert. I cn make almond pudding or fruit salad pudding. I'm sure some of the mommies here can also help to make somethin up for the bash such as cake or sweet snack.

Thus we will hv extra money to buy somthing more for the bbies.

Just a suggestion lol...

Hi,

I think Liyun is right. Cupcakes nice to look at but not very large-group friendly and since we already have a cake we should give it a miss. I do not mind the Minnie AND Mickey agar-agar cake though.

btw if we're having party venue that charge per kid basis, I'm backing out hor.

Healthy Times Cereal
Anyone bought the cereal lately? It was difficult to find in supermarkets so I ordered direct from healthytimes. The cereal looks like the wood-shavings for hamster!!! I got worried, so I opened all other packs (brown rice, oatmeal) and they look the same. I told myself "have faith" and mix it. It smells like brown rice cereal. WHen I gave the babies they love it. So it is still the same just look waaaay odd. However, for the past month I've given them Frisocreme and Nestle Brown rice cereal; and now I think my gal prefer something sweet already. She didn't care much for the healthy times cereal.

I want to cook porridge but scared rejection lah! So far they take the purees well.

lefty: ryan loves healthytimes multigrain cereal.. very nice.
i buy frm railmall organic shop (slightly more exp) or holland shopping centre organic shop (cheaper)

Petrina,

Oh? How much cheaper?

I ordered brown rice, oatmeal and multigrain and a few jaR food(they make it sound delicious and I guess it will be good for trips). they were OOS for barley.

lefty

ya very hard to get healthy times from ntuc cos i think stocks run out very fast..i think ntuc at amk hub just stocked up last sat..saw it last week...grabbed some...keke

if u stay near amk, can go check it out...

healthytimes cereal:
blk 408 at AMK ave10 got sell. $6.50 per box. i bought from there once. but the last time i go, sold out liao. shop keeper said 1 aunty grab 10boxes at 1 go.

twinklestars,

tell me about it! I'm staying in the west lah, and everytime I go out and near any supermarket I'll go and check out if they have HT or not. It has been out for a while, that's why my babies ate frisocreme and Nestle Brown Rice and Nestle Oats with prune. All are sweet, I must say. The one at Jurong East recently stock up but no brown rice. And since I have 3babies to feed I reckon getting it from them direct and have it delivered to me not a bad idea after all. $6.90 per box, how much in NTUC ah?

ya think about that price also....you order from their us site and they deliver to ya?? shipping charges high or not??

waa, 3 babies to feed...maybe u try making porridge and let them try a little first? i intend to start megan on porridge soon...bought the endo magic cooker already..haha

Mummies : Solid food very impt for bbs above 6mths if they are drinking breast milk issit? cos i think i read from somewhere. My gal's milk intake very little lei. She is having 2 times porridge, she loves it so much. She can eat quite a lot, but problem is milk intake v little wor.

<font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="0000ff">Twinklestars,

I got yr pm. THanks ya</font>

<font color="aa00aa"><u>Healthy Times Cereal</u>

Josiah is also on HealthyTimes. I too order direct from them. It's difficult to buy from NTUC. Mayb mummies staying near each other can do BP order. @ least can save e $5 delivery charge</font></font>

think need exception for lefthander leh..
WE are saying 2 adult and 2 kids right?? is it huh? cause think lefthander and kais sure more then that!! hahahaa..

happymummy, maybe she doesnt like milk now. wat u can do is to make her she has nutritious food for her meals.

abc, can share yr porridge recipe? i think its v good. anyone also care to share how you cook bb porridge?

adeline, it's 3 adults. dun think there is any restriction on kids or babies.

redtea, which shop is it at amk ave 10? shop selling organic stuff? then i may go down n recce next week.
happy.gif

clover
wat i do is i make the soup stock first. Btw if working parents, soup stock can be freezed. Soup stock usu will contain the following:
- carrot
- tomato
- barley
- green bean (prevent cough n flu)
- wolfberries
- red dates
- pork

I will throw away the solids and take only the soup.. or i will reboil it with more things added for my gal. Sometimes will add in frog leg

using the soup i use that to boil the multi grain rice... in a porridge cooker (takahi brand, from harvey norman) and set to auto mode for it to cook together with additional things added like tofu,pumpkin, sweet potato, potato and/or frozen fresh silver fish (blended). I will then leave the porridge in the porridge cooker until abt to eat. Only when abt to eat then i will add in the veg.. i will put th veg in for lunch and then again for dinner. Porridge will be cooked for 2 meals, both noon and dinner.

all in all, i throw everythng in for the porridge. hahaha.. sometimes will change different things la.. depends on MY mood oso..

email
for those who email me from 27 oct till yesterday pls resend yr email if i din reply. i cannot access my gmail and jus got it restored back. Thanks

Happyface
pls resend yr email.

YT
fish to be introduced after 9 mth. I added pork. i buy pork fillet from market and ask them to blend it so it becomes minced meat. After tat i will steam it then blend it again to make it smaller. Then add into the porridge.

Twinklestars,

I order from their Singapore site. http://www.healthytimes.sg/store.php
Free delivery above $80, below $80 purchase have $5 delivery fee. I figured going to different supermarkets to find HT cereal also waste time and petrol might as well order and stock up. Like what jennifur said if you know any other mummies who stay nearby and want to order also might as well collate and order and they'll deliver to you.
happy.gif
The online store price is $6.90 per box.

I just realise also that their price is inclusive of GST already. My total order was $81.50, but since the barley was OOS it was $74.60 and they still deliver to me free. And I ordered on 27th OCt, they delivered on 29th. Efficient right?

<font color="0000ff">Ashley, please check:</font>
Funds Transfer to Other DBS/POSB A/C
31 Oct 2008 09:35 PM Singapore

Your transaction is completed.
You may wish to print out a copy of this confirmation for your reference.

From Account POSB Savings
063-39363-0
Latest Available Balance S$00.00
To Account POSB Savings
096-22481-8 Ashley
Amount S$30.00
Transaction Reference 1956076373

Clover,

If the party venue is somewhere "structured" ,like some play gyms or bird park or zoo, they charge per kid basis... so the cost triple-up for me. Then I reluctant to go like that.

I saw this site: http://www.singaporeforkids.com/kidscorner/venues.php good idea when our babies are bigger. I want to have their 2nd or 3rd bday party at Jurong Bird Park! (my dating spot lah, hehehehehe...)

Back