(2008/03) March 2008

Date: 29 April (Tues)
place: kais pl @ bishan
Time: 230pm

Interested :
1. kais n bbs (host) - carrot cake
2. abcdisney n bb - yogurt (ok? any objection?)
3. Clover n bb- snacks like tim tams, choc
4. dreymin n bb n helper (chips and dips)
5. Babe Dude n BB maybe helper (Fruits)
6. Lyn n 2 bbs
7. kate n bb n helper or hb
8. Liyun n bb n bb's granny (TBC)
9. aly n bb n maid
10. bbpink n bb - bee hoon
11. Adeline n bb (Finger food)
12. Ling Yee and bb
13. Adeline Loo and bb
14. Sheryl and bb *TBC if cough cleared up

hubby_precious i clear my bb's muscous everyday to prevent nose block. there are several ways to do it ( learnt it from PD and parentcraft):

A. 1. Saline drop per nostril to wet the harden mucous
2. Use tissue paper twist it to a roll and the wet muscous can be easier taken out.

B. Use facial cotton wool, wet it with cool boiled water, twist one corner to a roll and slowly twist into baby's nose to take it out.

Eh, of cos there's the suction method.
happy.gif

Kais
Can understand how you feel but I'm sure Matilda will do v. well. And don't feel pai seh about crying...it's v. xin ku to keep it inside...a good cry will release some stress
happy.gif
All the best and keep us updated
happy.gif

Clover
I am using the MIM sling....not bad, only prob is have to keep pulling it up every now and then since bb weight will loosen the sling a bit but maybe cos my material is satin and i remember Reena said that is more prone to loosening

YT
my bb sometimes also cry a lot...v. stress esp if outside! one thing that helps is putting him in sling and walking around....another thing that calms him is to put him on my chest and lie down and rock him to sleep and i will also sleep with him on my chest....must try all methods to see which works
happy.gif

Hubby Precious
Yah my PD prescribed a decongestant for my bb...better than just saline drops...now my bb still has blocked nose but last time he used to have trouble catching a breath and will cry, so it's been a huge improvement

sheryl
the saline drop u talking abt is it Iliadin?
if the mucus can be seen, i'll also do what you mentioned.. but sometimes it seems to be inside the nose.. how i wish i can use my mouth and suck out all the phlegm and mucus in my boy!

adeline,
decongestant? what is the name? maybe i can ask my PD about it..

by the way, my baby is seeing Dr Low Kah Tzay as his PD.. he was my boy's PD when he was borned at TMC, so we just follow up with him.. anyone seeing him as well?

sheryl

poor u ! it must be tough to cope when u r feeling so unwell urself

hope u recover fast too

PS: I just ate a whole plate of cereal prawns recently ..din noe prawns can cause allergies .jialat

kais,
Matilda hernia cannot wait and observe?
My #1 has hernia too. Now still following up at KKH yearly. As long as dun bulge out too big and not red, no surgery required for #1 case.

hubby's precious

hope ur bb get well soon. I noe how u feel when baby is sick esp nose block. I remembered my #1 fall sick when she was oni 3 wk old.. being a 1st time mom at that time, so stress to me. If the mucus is too deep inside, dun try to 'dig' it out hor, it may hurt his nose bone inside. Use the spray 1st n try to dig out when it is more outside.

kais
be strong... ur M will be alrite. All the best
happy.gif

Yu Tong
Beside hunger or diaper dirty.. Sometimes they cry for comfort, wan someone to hug closely too. Wan diff carry position, wan to suckle,or mayb got wind.
I will rub some ru-yi oil on her tummy, base of her foot and on her head. that's is wat my CL taught me. Do u still swaddle ur bb? My CL still do but not together w the hands anymore.. juz body oni... she will feel more secure.
It might be different for u now cos my ger oni 26 day old. hehehe

Re: Sling / Pouch

Anyone has the Pupsik pouch? I got the smallest size.. somehow it fit me well now with Shannon inside.. but hor, i find it hard to get her out of the pouch.. hahaha. If she grows bigger, i wonder still can use not.. hohoho. Shld i change one size bigger?
If anyone currently usin it, plse advise. thks
happy.gif

Babypink
actualli can eat prawn lei, juz that if we hv stitches down there, it can cause allergies. So when the stitches are fully recovered, can eat liao.

ABC

Let me update for u.
happy.gif

Sorry, I hven paid. Plse post ur acct no here, can. thks again
happy.gif

The desitin are here!

Desitin Creamy at $9.50

5 Pancake - paid (addy given)
6 Pancake - paid (addy given)
8 jewel_thief27 - paid (addy not given)
9 dor (postage, plse)
10 dor (postage,plse)
11 Bubble
12 Bubble
13 linda
14 clover

Anyone wan take over d 3 slots? d rest let me know hw u wan collect fr me

initially Andrae was stunned thinking wat happen. but after a while he is enjoying it. i had taken photos in video and posted them in multiply. thinking of whether to get the tub too but will most likely to get the float. if get the tub, u all can come my place to let yr bb swim.

kais
take care. she'll b fine! She's a fighter!

sheryl
can continue to bf. get well soon

The desitin are here!

Desitin Creamy at $9.50

5 Pancake - paid (addy given)
6 Pancake - paid (addy given)
8 jewel_thief27 - paid (addy not given)
9 dor
10 dor
11 Bubble
12 Bubble
13 linda
14 clover

those by postage can email me address again? [email protected]

For those who hasnt paid, or who wan the extra, posb savings 126491018

coolerbag
will b here next wk

hb precious: my boy like urs... last wk.. i sent him to PD to do suction.
i had to hold him down, his hands, legs, head to prevent hurting him...
he cry until tears all flow down... i also almost cried.. i tahan very long, until go in car then i teared...
tat nite, he still choke n cough during feeds.

i refused to feed med, i also dun wan put nose drop as PD say if can tahan, tahan as long as possible as they r very young. not good to have drugs in them.
sad.gif

kais: hope matilda recovers fast...

<font color="aa00aa">bring fion to PD liao for block nose n rashes neck. PD only gave her nose spray leh nv gv any medicine to take or suck out the dirt.
after spraying she feel better liao. abt the rashes PD only advised to clean it 4 times per day.</font>

Interested :
6. Lyn n 2 bbs
9. aly n bb n maid
12. Ling Yee and bb
13. Adeline Loo and bb

===============================================

Date: 30 April 08
Venue: zoo
Time: 930am

Interested:
1. abcdisney n Arielene
2. Adeline n hb n kim
3. dreamlife n 2 pretty gals

============================================

Date: 2 May 08
Venue: Ling yee's home @ Kovan MRT nearby (Flower rd)
Activity: Potluck
Time: 1.30pm

Interested:
1. Ling yee n bb (host)
2. adeline n bb
3. abcdisney n 2ABCs n helper

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">Pls cut and paste the whole thing if not thread will be lost</font></font>

Regarding sleeping in yao lan

when can we put our baby to sleep in the yao lan, I bought one, used it for a week (when he's 1mth plus) cos i'm afraid he may have 'nao zhen dang' if yao for too long, therefore i have put aside and will use it when he's old enuf, so when is it considered old enuf? Any advice?

<font color="aa00aa">Date: 29 April (Tues)

Interested :
6. Lyn n 2 bbs
9. aly n bb n maid
12. Ling Yee and bb
13. Adeline Loo and bb

Date: 30 April 08

Interested:
1. abcdisney n Arielene
2. Adeline n hb n kim

Date: 2 May 08

Interested:
1. Ling yee n bb (host)
2. adeline n bb
4. fionmummy n bb (TBC)

if i got my bb sling in time then i will join or else mafan...if will stroller.</font>

Kais,
Sorry to hear that bb got to do surgery. It must be hard for u,be strong ok. Everything shd go well.

Hb precious,
After hearing ur story, i can imagine how i wd react as well if i am in such a condition. Hope everything is ok now.

adeline loo, I supp the tightening of the sling comes with practice. I m looking for pouch more for a snug fit but haven't got the time to get one yet.

wow say! so sad hor, so young gotta be on medication. Although i was a bit wori about giving medication for my boy cos he is so young but I m also as wori that his condition persists. But then again I guess its no choice that doc so long as the bb recovers.

Due respect to western medicine, it sure has its benefit, but i dun really like it. Though its fast in relieving problems but it leaves side effects.

I went to chinese physician this morning. They haf bb tuina there. The physical give some medication for my boy to put on the navel over the night to help the nose clear. Hope he will be fine soon.

Thanks mummies for the advices given. I tried most of the methods mentioned by you gals but its useless. He is like screaming at the top of his voice hysterically. I also cry wif him when he does tat. Sob sob...
sad.gif

Cai Yu Tong,
Before he starts to cry hysterically, does he stir first or make some noise? If dun have, he will be in pain. If you listen carefully, babies cry differently for different needs. Sudden cry may be cos in pain.

Hi all
yesterday's gathering was fun! I carried kareen's alandria, connie's issac and kathy's brendon.. Connie's issac is the champion!! Very different when i carry my princess.. those who wanna tone ur arms, do carry issac! hee.... of coz with connie's permission!

Next gathering i muz rem to take pictures with their babies!

Interested :
6. Lyn n 2 bbs
9. aly n bb n maid
12. Ling Yee and bb
13. Adeline Loo and bb

Date: 30 April 08 (Thurs)

Interested:
1. abcdisney n Arielene
2. Adeline n hb n kim

Date: 2 May 08 (Fri)

Interested:
1. Ling yee n bb (host)
2. adeline n bb
4. fionmummy n bb (TBC)
5. aly n bb n maid

Interested :
6. Lyn n 2 bbs
7. kate n bb n helper or hb(Bakwan jagung/corn)
9. aly n bb n maid
12. Ling Yee and bb
13. Adeline Loo and bb

Interested:
1. abcdisney n Arielene
2. Adeline n hb n kim

Interested:
1. Ling yee n bb (host)
2. adeline n bb
4. fionmummy n bb (TBC)
5. aly n bb n maidVenue: Ling yee's home @ Kovan MRT nearby (Flower rd)

Interested:
1. Ling yee n bb (host)
2. adeline n bb
4. fionmummy n bb (TBC)
5. aly n bb n maid
6. Kate, bb n hubby(tbc)

yutong,

try some colic drop n carry him with kangroo style,if u cry bb will be more stress. u need to calm down n try all the method suggest by mummies

Interested :
6. Lyn n 2 bbs
7. kate n bb n helper or hb(Bakwan jagung/corn)
9. aly n bb n maid (sausages)
12. Ling Yee and bb
13. Adeline Loo and bb

Interested:
1. abcdisney n Arielene
2. Adeline n hb n kim

Interested:
1. Ling yee n bb (host)
2. adeline n bb
4. fionmummy n bb (TBC)
5. aly n bb n
6. Kate, bb n hubby(tbc)

petrina,
i also dont want to give my bb medicine but i guess its no choice den PD prescribed.. i think for blocked nose can do without medicine, but my boy has cough.. i don't know how come so young wil have cough, it's really sad.. but then the cough is not like coughing the whole day.. usually he'll cough after feeding about 3-4 coughs maximum and does not happen at every feed.. the PD gave cough syrup at the hospital, den when we were discharged, he also gave bb antibiotic.. dosages are all in small amount however i also don't feel good feeding him medicine..

at the hospital the nurses fed him, i carried him while they fed, i cried liao.. come back home, either me or my hubby feed, the more i wanna cry cuz its like i'm injecting them into his body.. sigh.. i just hope he'll recover before the follow-up on tuesday so can stop the medication..

regarding suction, i think its very traumatising for babies, so after once at KKH and twice at TMC, i dont wish to see him do suction anymore.. i wasn't in the room to see the nurses do it, but when i heard his cries outside the door, i cried like mad in my hubby's arms..

but one thing, when bb is awake, he's still active and alert as usual.. u can tell he's not feeling well, he still plays with us, smiles and interacts with us..

really pray the virus will leave his body very very soon...

babypink
tat vidEo is short. hv a longer one n oso kathlyn's swimming video too. will post it up when hv time but u can view fr multiply. Trial is $28 but we got d package for 5 sessions $108 and share among me, adeline n kareen. We are going again this tuesday b4 kais' place. Wan join? but hor they only hv 4 tub.. tat day will hv me, adeline n kareen, thus left one more tub. Btw there is no time limit for d session . For tat day our bb swim abt 20-25min.

The fridge to go cooler bag is here. Pls let me knw hw u wan collect. Will inform you abt the shipping cost once I gt it. Collection to be done only after shipping cost is paid (unless I knw u very well).

I had a scare yday..
Kimberly the terror, sat onto her mei mei while she is on bouncer.. i couldnt grab her on time.
After that, kat cried very badly.. i so worried and she regurgitate abit milk cause kim sat on the stomach..
She didnt do it purposely.. She reverse nd didnt know bouncer behind, trip and fell.. Kat got a shock!!
Luckily not full weight down.. My aunty manage to hold kim abit and i manage to pull her up slightly.. and luckily i wrap kat up.. so her hands in front of her if not the impact will be worse but i am observing her. making sure that she is alright..

abc

thanks for the invitation..just tat have some visitors that day ..so will be going to kais' place straight

adeline

phew..glad all is fine ..

we have been contemplating to use the bouncer for the bb , but knowing kelicia ..we will use on kyzac when she goes childcare early next month..as in during her absence

Yu Tong,
My girl is also a screamer. Yesterday was a very bad night, scream from 7 pm to 11 pm, scream for 30 min then doze off for 10 to 15 min each time, then start screaming again. In the end, I had to carry her for close to 3 hrs because the moment i try to put her down, she start again. Got 2 methods that you can try:-

MIL method: Put her in sarong, then put a palm on her chest and then press down together with the momentum of the eletronic yao lan. Also, put a pacifier to her, my girl actually don't like pacifier and she will push out but my MIL will keep stuffing into her mouth to prevent wind according to her. Personally, I cannot execute this because my girl will scream even louder before finally give up as her mouth is full. Whenever my MIL shove me aside to do this method, I'll feel like crying and tell myself, ok, I'll give her max 15 min. I hate to admit it but this sometimes work.

My gentler method: Carry kangaroo style (her legs are bent and she sit on my right arm, her head over my left shoulder, her hands around my neck/arms). I will use my left hand to try to burp her for the first 10 to 15 min to see if sucessful, afterwhich, i'll just pat her back to comfort her. At the same time, I'll either pace the room or "dance" on the spot. Also, I'll keep talking to her "Isabelle, Isabelle, everything's ok now, everythings's ok now".

Yu Tong,
I got to add method 2 is very very tiring. For my girl, she will scream for 5 to 10 mins, then stop for 5 to 10 mins, then start again. On good days, she doze off after 30 min and when transfer to yao lan, then the episode stops. On bad days, so far, record is abt 3 to 4 hrs, hence my maid and I do relay. It's on such bad days, that I have to endure my MIL's method if she's home. All the best to you, if you found another method that's work, do share with me too.

Fei, Yutong

i m using method 2 myself..very tiring..hubby shift's for kyzac is from midnite to 4 am, mine is from 4 am till the next day..

i feel bad cos he is working the next day, but if i were to take 8 hrs, i think i will die fr exhaustion

not tat Kyzac sleeps a lot in the day time also

hope our babies will sleep thru soon, at least when we return to work...

otherwise, i think i can start drowning myslef in chix essence to keep awake at work

Hi all, MIA for some time. Been so caught up with baby. Lol. Now is a full-fledged "siao char bo".

My baby also has phelgm and blocked nose. At bedtime, she alys scare herself w her blocked nose till she jerk up screaming. Think she thought she can't breathe.

I missed out on the Fridge to go! Aiyah...

Alright, take care all mummies! Wish all babies a speedy recovery from phelgm, cough and all nasty things!

I found a way for kat to ensure that she sleeps well and true enuff.. at night she seldom fuss already. She sleep 11pm to 5am laz night..
Cause i realise that she feel very insecure when in sarong or sleeping in cot.. even tummy time also insecure.. so i wrap her up, pat her to sleep then put her down. She will sleep for quite some time this way and it works for her.. no idea will it work for other babies but probably can try?

jus to reinforce on Adeline's way... wat she meant is continue to swaddle the bb as though like newborn but only during slping time.

For me i let bb slp sideways... he slp better this way. Duno y

Back