(2008/03) March 2008

btw mummygirl, my boobs also felt incredibly sore - but that's normal. realised another symptom of pregnancy last night too - even though the air-con was on, i was sweating buckets! so uncomfortable!

so dun worry mummygirl, we all go through diff symptoms of pregnancy. This is also my first bb - so we're all new to this!
happy.gif

agapebaby: i am also a teacher. Sec sch teacher. hahhaa...

mummygirl: it is normal for boob to feel pain. Mine too cos it is growing to produce milk. :)

hey abc - me too leh! LOL! what a coincidence! hmmm it can't be so 'qiao' that we're from the same sec sch right? hehee

do you feel tired now that preggie and teaching? i feel more lethargic now, less energy to shout at students or to run after them for assignments, etc

Hi, new to this thread. Not yet to visit gynae. What brand of folic acide are you taking? I have Beacons Folic Acid BP 5mg, orange in color. Not sure if I can take these?

Hi bottle - welcome! im new to this thread too
happy.gif
im taking 5mg folic acid from the pharmacist at Guardian - it's a tiny yellow tablet and there's no brand! cos it's dispensed by the pharmacist. I've not seen the gynae yet too, but i just called them up to check whether dosage (5mg) is ok - they confirmed it's fine. So i think your folic acid 5mg should be fine too
happy.gif

hi bottle,
welcome! think everyone here is new to the thread hahaha. i'm taking the same thing as agapebaby too. cheap cheap! btw, pple from other countries is taking 800mcg only so we're the more kiasu type. enjoy your stay here!
happy.gif

hi agapebaby, melissa and bottle,

Is it important to take folic acid? i never take any at all. I have just scheduled my appointment with gyane next week. Can i get the folic acid from gynae?

Also, do you all know what are the food we should eat and we should not eat?

I think being in this forum is fun because we can discuss anything since we are all roughly in the same situation now..
happy.gif
I also feel very tired recently.. Kept wanting to yawn.

mummygirl - yeah i think it's fun too! i like chatting and this is something so new to us! i keep wanting to find out more...

folic acid is important apparently - i called my gynae to arrange for appointment in two weeks' time and the first thing the nurse asked was whether im taking folic acid already! it's important to take esp in first trimester to prevent birth defects of the brain and spinal cord. since yr appointment is only next week, why dun you pop by the pharmacy (guardian, NTUC,etc) and ask for folic acid. Tell them it's for pregnancy - then start taking first! it's very cheap too - i bought 50 pills for $3!

ic. folic acid should be taken in the morning only right?

Oh mine. Now i'm starting to get headache and dizziness. Mummies are really great...

mummygirl,
agapebaby is right. you should start folic acid right away. some food contains folic acid too but it's not enough that's why you need supplemental help. you can take it anytime actually but it's best to take early in the morning when your body is working harder throughout the day. oh by the way, buy folic acid from pharmacy, if u wait for gynae to give, they might charge more.

what you should or should not eat is really up to you. whatever it is, don't over eat (you don't want to put too much weight and have babies that's too big) or under eat (baby not enough nutrients to grow). keep it moderate and take your prenatal vitamins, which you can get from the pharmacy as well.

some of you might have bad morning sickness and weight might plunge. it happened to me on the first 3 months previously but it slowly picked up when the morning sickness went away. if you can find info on healthy weight gain, use if a rough guide.

Hi Melissa,

Me too, could only eat 1 meal a day now, morning sickness quite bad for me.
Is it ok we cut down on food now?

Another question, i am only 5 weeks now, is it ok to buy maternity wear and keep?
Baby pantang anot har?

Hi Hi Everyone!! Am a first time preggy and I call my precious - Babe Dude ..hee hee , he/she should be out to see the world this coming Mar too!!

Am so excited and happy ... so nice to be able to meet all the mummys here!!

melissa - so is this your number #2?

vonn - same! im thinking of buying maternity clothes already. I feel bigger now - maybe becos my humongous appetite has made me bigger or im just feeling bloated. baby will be pantang one meh? why?

kareen - hi hi! welcome! this is my number #1 too! have you visited the gynae already? how many weeks are you now?
happy.gif

Hi mummies, please beware of this CL called Auntie Meilan, she came highly recommeded by a mummy in the forum, but turns out to be dishonest and cheat!

She collected deposit from me in March, asked me to pay for her cab fare when she came over to collect deposit, i stupidly paid her, after that told me she can't do mine as another mummy's edd is pushed forward by 2 weeks, so will clash with mine in August, will get me a replacement, after that told me her replacement don't wash toilet (i paid $100 extra for housework), will recommend another one, i got pissed off as she kept changing her words and also lost confidence in her, told her i just want back my deposit and will get someone else, i even let her keep $100 and not insist on full $300 refund, first she says ok, will return me the $200 when she is doing confinement in S'pore in June, June came and went and i didn't hear from her, when i contacted her last week, she refused to return the deposit, when i said i will make a report, she challenge me by saying 'go ahead and report' and hung up on me!

Apparently i am not the only victim, please check out this link http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449169/857488.html

Luckily i insisted on copying her particulars when she collected the deposit from me. Here's her particulars:

Auntie Meilan
Malaysia hp: +60196693891
S'pore hp: 82321977
Full name: Chong Sew Lan
Passport no: 560408-05-5052
Address: Taman Satelite, T2100 Bahan, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia

apagebaby
which sch u teaching @? dun think we fr the same sch la. ha...

bottle
my folic acid oso fr guardian . much cheaper . if u like u may take obimin too. multi-vitamin with folic acid. however my gynae dun suggest multi-vitamins till 2nd trimester cos he say everything take in first trimester will vomit out.

vonn n apagebaby
this is my #2 too. my gal is march 05 baby so would b about 3 years apart. btw about maternuty I guess is up to individual. my build is small so prob wait a while but duno y seem like my #2 preg sym esp physical build seem more obvious . in my first preg, I only wait till 5-6 mth then wear but nw seem like my bra n pants getting tighter. i'm a science teacher thus usu wear pants.. nd to change le...

anyone see gynae n confirm yr edd le? I will see gynae next week. excited .. my gal will go with me..

abc,
I am patiently waiting till end of july for my 1st gynae appointment. i strongly think that my EDD is in mid March though. I heard when pregnant #2, your body will respond more readily b'cos it "remembers" the state of pregnancy before. So it's just being kiasu. My same work pants that I wear every week suddenly feel snug this week. Probably b'cos i'm a bit bloated and gassy. Think we have a few #2 here. How exciting! March'08 mommies have the best of both world!

agapebaby,
i'm not so much of a pantang person but better wait till after the scan. else u heartpain if things don't go your way. patient okies? only like 2 more weeks!
happy.gif

kareen kan and von,
heehee sounds like your babe dude is androgynous huh. welcome welcome! now i just call mine "small baby" b'cos I have big baby who's still blabbering and crawling away incessantly!
happy.gif

wow, seems that quite a fair bit already #2 baby...

#1 for me, hence very worried...cos i had gotten preggers before once, but didn't turn out well, cos my hcg was so low even in 5th week and scan was very bleak...

I am keeping my fingers crossed this time round and thinking of only going for the scan after week 6.
happy.gif
Hope all mummies have health babes.

Btw, anybody heard of the Private Suite at KKH? Wondering what's the difference as compared to normal. I heard that the fees can be comparable to some private hospitals too, but not sure what the Private Suite service entails...

Hi Melissa...

Thanx for sharing yr advise with me...
hmmm... me too yet to congrats u wor...
Think i shd be the same as u if its really a gd pregnancy... mine EDD shd be ard mid mar too...
Gambate to all mummies....

hi Melissa, actually i have folic acid. My gynae gave me when i visited her last time due to some other women's problems.. So i suppose i can eat that? Folic acid are the same right?

btw, urs is in mid Mar and u only going for scan in end jul? mine is ard 8th Mar.. I will be going for 1st gynae appt next week. Wonder if it's too early? haha.

May i ask is TMC is cheaper than Mt E? I am currently in my 6 weeks of pregnancy. On the 2-July-2007 my first visit with Dr Ben Neo from MT E cost me $270(include medicine,scan,consultant fee and bloodtest).2nd visit on 9th july cost me $100(medicine,scan consultant). my next app will be another 10 days. Pls advice me, the 2nd scan he said i got Myoma and cyst but is not danger cause is outside of the womb but still consider high risk of pregnancy so i need to go back 10days after my 2nd app. sigh.......pls advice me. i am worry that by that time i will finish my money just visiting gyne before i can delivery.

Hi Agapebaby ... I should be my 6th wks now and yes.. went to see a gynae during my 5th wks...hahhaha abit kia su. Did the vagina scan thingy and saw the babe dude!! hahahaha... the yolk sac is still not very prominant but be going again this coming mon to detect the little one's heart beat...

Hi Melissa .. yeah.. for me, i hope of a healthy baby more than any gender... so either a babe or a dude is all that i ask for... hahahhaa... my sis quite funny last time.. insist that her little one will be a boy.. so she actually called the little one - triple b (baby boy boy) hahahhaa.. and true enough, she gotten a baby boy.. for me, i only hope for a healthy baby, be it a girl or boy.. she/he is my precious!

Hey Von... i already started buying some maternity clothing already.... no ban tang lah!! hahahaha.. Zara got sale and all the bigger sizes are selling at affordable price!! bought mainly berms and some loose tops.. used to wear XS or S..but bought some Ms this time.. abit kia su though..ahahahhaa

Hi MTBs,
Congrats to everyone!
Think my EDD should be mid March 08 too. Am 4 weeks preggie & this is my no. 2 baby.
happy.gif

Just went to see gynae yesterady & they can only see the sac. Goin back again in another 2 weeks for the heartbeat.

hi mummies to be,

i have sore throat this morning. What do i have to do now? Can't eat any medicine on our own right? sigh...

pink,
hey i feel you girl, i also had a few miscarriages before my #1 so my experience was super kiasu and b'cos of my previous histories, my gynae take special extra care for me. i love my gynae and i think she loves me too b'cos i give her good business buahahaha.. i hope you make it this time! jia you!

what i heard of KKH's private suite is less waiting time and scans and everything is done on the same place. no more going here and there which i find very troublesome. of course, price is slightly more lah.

mummygirl,
yes all folic acid is the same. take is better than don't take right? for your scan date, should just right lah. if your gynae got very sensitive scanning machine, you should be able to see the heartbeat already. it's actually very hard to see b'cos your fetus is sooooo tiny. so only modern technology can help to visualise. for your sore throat problem, do you that it's also a pregnancy symptom? if you're taking any medication, it has to be the drowsy kind. but go for natural remedy, avoid spicy food and drink lots and lots of water. any medication dispensed from now on should only be under doctor's prescriptions. u must mention that you're pregnant.

katechow,
really can't answer for you but i heard that TMC price is comparable to KKH so i think it's cheaper than Mt E.

cat_tail,
hey welcome welcome! and congratulations! you're right on track by seeing the sac!

to all march mommies who have went for scan, update us all yeah!
happy.gif

Hi Agapebaby & Mummy (babe_dude)
ya...very tempted to start buying maternity wear...there is a thread at the 'bulk purchase' selling affordable clothing. I ordered a demin skirt, still having 2nd tots.
U gals go take a look there, some not bad

mooniiie,
High-end ultrasound machine should be able to detect something like sac or ectopic pregnanacy. Well, I tot I was 6 weeks preggie so they did a ultrasound scan trying to detect the heartbeat. But alas, it's only a sac & based on the measurement, I am only 4 wks. So will have to come back 2 weeks later which I think should be able to scan the heart beat.

Melissa,
Thanks & I must compliment that you are very well knowledge & great information sharing on pregnancy. Heehee...

hi mommies, so glad to see so many march mommies here now!
happy.gif

can i ask a question - im only going for my 1st gynae visit when i am 7 weeks. is that too late? seems like some of you have already gone for yr 1st visit! im a bit gan jiong, just want to make sure that the baby is growing and ok, but i cant schedule a first visit till im 7 weeks becos of work commitments...

also, how many of you feel like you're expanding already? we shouldn't be growing big so quickly now, too early right? i don't know whether its becos im bloated or im growing fat, but im certainly expanding! *boo*
sad.gif

abc - eh i dun think we're in the same sec sch lah. that wld be so much of a coincidence! but my sch is huge lah, not all in the same staff room also.... hehe

Hi agapebaby/Melissa, no brand? Strange leh..mine is as per attached pic. Beacons Folic Acid BP 5mg. It's printed behind.

Do you mind if you can take a snap shot and show me? I am really worry if I take the wrong folic acid. I should be in week 7 now.

875002.jpg

Hi mummygirl, yes. It's important to take folic acid. Some of the mummy started to take as early as when they are planning for baby.

Thanks Melissa. I will drink lots of water. By the way, i just taken my folic acid.
happy.gif

Hi agapebaby, i don't think i'm expanding leh. You mean the tummy grows bigger? But now only slightly more than 1 month, the tummy will grow already?

wow.. so many planning to buy maternity wear already? I still haven plan yet because i thought the tummy will only grow in 3-4 months time..

Hi Gals
I am going for my scan tonite
happy.gif
I also dunno I am in my how many weeks liao ... ha ha ha :p

Just to share with all march 08 mummies, photos of my 1st boy boy hee :p

875012.jpg

Hi Bottle, your folic acid is the same as mine!! I just taken 1 pill this morning too. You mean this folic acid is not the right one??

Hi Bottle & mummygirl,

the folic acid i'm taking is yellow and abt the same size, bought from guardian/unity, very very cheap wan.

cat_tail,
*blush* thank you thank you. i must say that i got only 1 experience of childbirth but total of 6 pregnancies experience. I have hopped from KKH, TMC and Gleneagles where my daughter is born. So i have so much information to share. My miscarriage failures ranges from anembryonic pregnancy to normal missed abortions. But frankly, even if i didn't make it this time *touch wood, God forbid* i will still be thankful for my baby daughter. Hers was the toughest fight ever and the greatest gift of a lifetime.
happy.gif

agapebaby,
7 weeks is not late at all. i opt for 7 weeks scan too. though by average (based on my observation), most can already see fetal heartbeat by 6.3 weeks but i don't want to disappoint MTB's with late starters. I don't want them to worry for nothing. they should be glowing and radiating with happiness, it's new life inside! you can try at 6+ weeks, that will be ok too.

bottle,
my folic acid is yellow color bought from Guardian pharmacy. don't worry about the color or size. it's just different composition and different chemicals used by different medicine manufacturers. the end result is the same - Folic Acid 5mg. i went to sooo many gynaes before and they all dispense folic acids of different colors and sizes. but are they all not the same thing? don't worry ok. you're taking the same thing
happy.gif

in addition to folic acid, some of you might be prescribed with obimin and/or ferrous fumerate or iron tablet. the latter is especially useful for MTBs with low blood count. but to absorb iron, make sure u take it with orange juice or something, u will get additional vitamin C too. for my case is special, i take small dose of aspirin on daily basis b'cos i'm known for having blood that clots easily so i'm using aspirin as an anti-coagulant.

Riushiki,
Wah your boy boy so chubby hor what's his stats now? Can he walk already? Got teeth already? I must see your boy boy pics more hopefully this one will be a boy boy! Ha!

I think he should be 10 plus kg now. Only got 2 teeth below hee :p

I want a gal this time !
happy.gif

Cannot walk lah .... can only stand w/o support for ten seconds :p

I am definitely expanding..but the weird thing is.. i will weigh 53 kgs thruout the day..and when i wake up every morn, i am back to 51kg!! so funny leh..

I always feel bloated..till now and not really hungry all the time lah.. but i try to eat whenever i feel like it.. and i walk alot.. always go shop ard.. and feel that my feet abit sore and veins abit visible loh.. gosh.. scary..

Hi Melissa,

sorry to hear abt ur various unsuccessful attempts... can i ask u what is anembryonic pregnancy?? Dun worry.. this time sure can make it one!! :) I will wei ni jia you.. with my little babe dude too... hee hee

I am definitely expanding..but the weird thing is.. i will weigh 53 kgs thruout the day..and when i wake up every morn, i am back to 51kg!! so funny leh..

I always feel bloated..till now and not really hungry all the time lah.. but i try to eat whenever i feel like it.. and i walk alot.. always go shop ard.. and feel that my feet abit sore and veins abit visible loh.. gosh.. scary..

Hi Melissa,

sorry to hear abt ur various unsuccessful attempts... can i ask u what is anembryonic pregnancy?? Dun worry.. this time sure can make it one!! :) I will wei ni jia you.. with my little babe dude too... hee hee

Riushiki,
Your boy is so chubby!
happy.gif

Gosh, my underweight gal is having the same weight as him.

Melissa,
I am so sorry to hear that u went thru a lot & it's great to see u r standing strong. Dun worry, I am sure with the latest medical technology & prevention, everything will be smooth.

bottle: i think mine is the same as vonn's and melissa's, bought from guardian. it's a small yellow tablet - but like what melissa said, it should be all the same (5mg) but in different form!

mummygirl: no, not tummy growing. but overall i kinda feel like im expanding - maybe either putting on weight or more bloated. Maybe also becos i've stopped my exercise classes (like kickboxing), so overall putting on weight. SIGH.

riushikin: wahh yr boy so chubby! so cute! how old is he now?
happy.gif

melissa: actually i want to scan early just to get the all-clear and reassurance from gynae. realised the baby's development is so out of our control sometimes cos we dun really know what's happening inside the uterus? So much uncertainty! but i shall be patient and wait till im about 7 weeks' for the scan - that's in 2 weeks time. Patience!!! but i really admire yr optimism. You're a strong gal - let's just continue to encourage one another here!

baby_dude: hahaa you're expanding but not putting on weight - how is that possible? hehee. opposite to yr case, im ALWAYS hungry. BAH. no wonder im putting on weight. And im not walking as much as you are! how come you always go shop ard? Are you working? im so tied up in my job i have no time to shop at all (sigh). Sometimes i wish im not working so i dun get all the stress from work. Wonder if it affects baby.... :S

yup, my stomach also feel bloated everyday. then this morning i have constipation, and dont know is it because of the constipation, now my lower abdomen feel crampy.

hi cat_tail... may i know which gynae did you go to...? coz.. my gyane can't detect the sac last week. she told me that i am in my forth week so is too early to see anything..

Hi Yen.. What kind of scan your gynae did for u?? Mine was dine via vagina and she managed to detect the small dot sac whilst in my 4th wk.. its ok.. go to your gynea by 7th wk, shld be able to detect heartbeat!! All the best...

Hi Agapebaby.. hahhaa..i put on 0.5kg.. from 50.5 to 51kg!! but..i feel very "bah bah" here and there.. dunno whether issit my own xin li zhou yong!! but.. def put on lah..esp my boobs and tummy, weight wise funny loh.. dunno why like that! Ohh i just quit my job..hahahha.. my babe dude is very smart.. i quit my job 3 wks ago and was abt to find another new one then pop came this little one.. so decided to stay home "yang tai" ..hahhahaha... of coz, do my investments to supplement income lah...

Hi congrats all mummy here...i should be in my 4th wk now but havn't see a gynae yet should be in my 7th wk then i'll see one as seen all above posting, too early may not be able to detect heartbeat.

can anyone advise if i can eat raw salad, like raw brocoli, corn (those in cans), carrots, mix together with the thousand island sauce, they are yummy to me...anyone can advise, thanks!

Hey yes i do.. try not to eat raw things lah.. coz got bacteria and later u diarrhoea hor then mafan..esp when we are like so early to our pregnancy!!! Dun be so greedy! hahahhaa..

Thousand island sauce shld be ok lah... maybe u can scald the veges abit..then mixed with thousand island sauce.. perhaps will be better..

Yen,
I am seeing Dr Tan Hak Koon from SGH.
Sometimes, it really depend on the type of ultrasound & their technique. Did your Gynae use abdominal probe? It's better to use virginal probe instead of abdominal probe for early pregnancy. Dun worry too much. If u r comfortable with your gynae, then just stick with her.

YesIdo,
It's weird to call u this..haha..
U can eat anything except raw meat. Try to take in moderation for salah & make sure it's fresh & clean.

hi all,

can i join this thread? I'm going to be mar 08 mummy. Went to my gynae yday, i'm 6th wk pregnant. I saw the sac plus hear the baby's heart beat.. =)

My appetitie also not so good, experience morning sickness.. then the gynae did prescribe me medicine to curb the nausea..

Hope we can learnt from each other cos i'm also 1st time mummy...

hee hee, thanks babe dude and cat tail, i think u r right i should scald the veg a little bit before i eat them to make sure no bacteria right...thanks for highlighting or at least boil a short while then eat as a salad ya...thanks thanks

Back