(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

Hi, bkkgal

You're not "Dao" at all....It's me who should say "Hi" before playing with Emma at Gym ground.

Hehe... you and your hubby really impressed my hubby and me with your efforts. Your hubby let kate try swing after she didn't like it at beginning; Kate looks like a girl with drive..."some fire in her eyes " as my hubby's words.

Hi, Genice

Emma started to walk a few steps at 11month-2days; walk long distance at 1year old + 1day; walk confidently only these few days--- was preparing to kiss handsome boys of birthday bash...Haha..... Emma is born on 28 Jan, older than most of babies here....

Hehe....my super shy and anti-social hubby was much relaxed and happier after seeing your family come and saying "hi" to your hubby......Haiz.....every time I ask permission to join playdate, I must quickly inform him that your family also join .....

Now your family are away....how to Jio him without talking too much.....

Hi, Xiao yun
21 March is ok. Thanks.

jeannie, gar
ooops!!! sorry mixed up your bbs names, cos i was stealing a look at the photos at work, so must be very discreet.. heehee..

jeannie
have you taken her on a short flight before? i also think that the flights are tough, last time hubby and i came back from the states we were stuck between woman with baby and man with baby on both sides of the bulk head seats from tokyo-sg. can't be easy for them to handle by themselves.

jass mei
haha.. the JWT trial is it?

jass mei
oh wow, interesting! i've never heard of them before, any good? at the BJG trial, E was already crawling so some activities he was more interested to crawl around.. boys!!
happy.gif

iso da jie:
haha then u can check out the free trial classes. 3 trial classes (1 in eng, 1 in chinese & 1 in jap) free if u call up the selegie branch. its more of a classroom based class. cant comment much as this is the 1st tat i brought matthew for. haha so far, its more like a series of activities like singing, flash cards and others) maybe jeannie can comment further as she has been to a few trials @ various places.

Hi mummies , need to ask a rather embarrasing question..:p

For mummies with girls: What do you refer to their private parts as ? whenever i bathe her i will tend to talk to her e.g." mummy is washing you arm" etc..when i come to that area , i am dumbfounded :p

Just came back, stuck on PIE jam (5 car accident) for more than 30 minutes and K sleep liao. sigh...

thanks mummies for your suggestions and encouragement. managed to cuddle her this morning before work. gd enuff. i asked maid to video K walking. She really can walk "long-distance" (i.e. more than 5 steps) today. Somemore can walk, stop for makan and walk on.

I'm sick and tired of my job. But I'm in dilemma now cos am reaching 8 yrs, i will get a bonus for service. if leave now, will lose out. part time is not an option because the work is going to be the same amount anyway. will also lugi - half pay, full work. aiyah.

Berry
LOL! Reading that post of yours..Thanks for bringing cheer to my bleak day.

Qingling
although hb seemed busy clicking here, clicking there and yes he took hundreds of pics - only 30% were so=called "acceptable". These are the ones uploaded to flickr liao. haha. tell me which one u like, i can send to you hi-res one.

Iso
I think JWT can be quite loud. Very scary for the lil ones. Noticed at the birthday bash, some bbs crying cos of the mic and music. Like Gar, I feel that gymboree facilitators got more "heart" - know wat i mean? they are more personal, get to know your child, patient. JWT activities seem more suitable for older kids too. dunno maybe u try both and see?

wow, gd job kate!
hope gwen can join ur ranks soon.

went fidgets today, i like e place, although not maby activities for kids our age but place is quite cosy, can really seat down have a drink n let ur kids play. they have playpen in e toilets for u to leavebur kisss while u ud,se e washroomsl but musrt go early, it tensbto get a bit crowded frm 4 onwardss

fairfield, jass, eliaw, gar, genice, thanks, yes raeanne is better. Keep asking for um um. I cooked 2 teaspoon of abc pasta for her today with chicken, broccoli n carrot stock to whet her appetite n let her try out. She finished everything n asked for more. Fever still there though, must give med on the dot or it'll rise up.

Jass, i also wondered why u refer isobellies as jie n she refer u as mei. Are you two related?
happy.gif

nobody interested to share hairaway package by beyond beauty ah?

Xiaoyun, didn't see your reply on your massage. Did i miss it cos using hp to check forum now?

Bkkgal, hehe, the famous 7 year itch. I joined cgh in mar 2001 n quit in jan 2009, just 2 months short of 8 years, 7 year itch though just got promoted. Part time not option cos my ad wasn't comfortable. Full load at half pay i also dun want. Is your husband a dr by the way cos i remember he helped to check on first aid kits for charity.

re: fidgets
yeah genice.. had fun today! although only a short while.. gwen so sweet.. always smiling..
both the boys missed their afternoon nap n started to walk like drunkards.. haha.. so funny... bad mummies, made them missed their nap.. next one we meet slightly earlier around 2.. so at least go back ard 4+ can still take short nap..

hey, next monday we try gogo bambini? interested? free for babies<1.. from 2 onwards $15 per kid.. so guess ours fall under category of free!

re: massage
pauline,
no worry, you didn't miss my reply.
the branch that i go is Tanjong Pagar one. I like their ginseng massage as the smell is enough and it warms up my body. not sure is it because of the thermal blanket that they use or what. I fell asleep when they wrap me up in the thermal blanket. very relax...
it's a basic massage include body scrub. i took it at about $50 (can't remember) with a package.
you really interested? let me help you check with them if you are able get a trial at promotional price or not. regarding the timing, i need to confirm again. probably 4-5 pm. if not, got to be 6:30 pm.

re: meet up
garfield,
when will be a good time to meet you at bugis MRT in the Monday evening?

re: private parts
nicole,
i think i am a conservative mummy. i skipped to mention the part when i bath her. :p
i will definitely meet problems at sex education liao. die..

re: work
bkkgal,
although i might not be as late as you work, but i leave home about 630 am and reach home about 7 pm. also get very frustrated if i need to work late and end up reach home only get to see/put my gal to sleep.

somemore now my boss will always call/sms us to request some work done during weekends or after office hour (production line runs 24/7).

getting very sian at work too. but got to 'lun' for at least another 1.5 years or else i will need to pay back the $ i got for the retention program. hai...

re: pneumoccocal jab
anyone knows if the jab causes fever?

bkk,
wow! kate is walking! it's must be so exciting right? ashlynn jie jie must jia you already.

do you all notice your kids to sing together with songs?
i notice that my gal singing when she heard the songs from her brightling stations. initially i thought what sound she made, and finally realise that she's singing. haha...

singing
yeah! out of tune wan too but v cute! hee.
happy.gif

Kitsune
Raeanna got viral flu? sounds like appetite getting better. lucky got mommy's TLC..get better faster. yup hb at nhg now. sigh..7 yr itch..boss also talked to me last yr abt this famous 7 yr itch.

bx
like gar said, a lifetime of walking awaits. i think hor..K was inspired looking at Emma and Julian and Stephie's girl. I saw her beo=ing them closely at birthday bash. after that for 2 nights, she cannot sleep properly, keep waking up and standing up to balance herself and then on tues, start to take more steps le. my mom says giving them lots of encouragement helps like attracting them with toy to walk towards u.

Fidgets sounds fun - are you organising anyting next Wed? I will take leave to join u cos my events finish liao.

bkkgal, like u, I have been thinking of tendering these 2 weeks... esp I have sent my maid off last week cos she stole things/$$ and we suspected she bully Davier....
Then I have been working late and still need to go to caregiver's place everynite to fetch the boys back.. by the time we reached home, it was 10.30pm liow...
Then I need to wake up in the middle of the nites (after the boys fall asleep which is close to midnite by then) to wash bottles, clothes, etc.... very shiong.
Then my dept reorg and change of boss... dun think this single woman will understand those with family... thus really feel like quitting... but hubby not supportive
sad.gif

So Kitsune, envy u tt yr hubby is supportive of u...

xy,
is 6pm ok for you next mon evening?

nicole,
hee...good question....we refer to it as private part

bkk,
wow K can really walk! i wanna see...must be v cute!

pauline,
talk about 7 year itch!! i also left my first job at SIA after 7.5 years =P

weekday outings,
next one at go go bambini? can make it next wed?

singing,
ya arielle loves music and sing/dance to it...it's like ahhhhhh ahhhhh ahhhhh then she will sway her body and head...we find it so amusing!!

bx
usually the pneumoccocal jab wont cause fever. cheryl had hers, and her pd says no side effects even for the most recent last jab at 12mths. she really did nt hv fever. but i tink still varies amongst babies?

bkk - congrats to Kate achieving another milestone!
happy.gif
did you share the link to flickr?

bx - Heidi already had the pneumoccocal jab at around 6 months, no fever

emoments - same as u, hubby prefer me to work
sad.gif
, he say now still difficult on 1 income

qingling,
oops, forgot to reply you the studio loft rates. it's $120 for 1 hr, baby only. you get 1x8R + 4x5R (plus edited soft copy). for additional pple, it's $15 per head and you get an additional 1x5R.

So for you + hubby + heidi will be $150 for 1x8R + 6x5R

to get the CD for all shots, add another $250

XY
ya! i think they are starting to sing! That day american idol was on tv, and bb was like going "ahhhh". so funny.

eliaw
oh i forgot! on the 11th my hubby is away so no need to send him to work if i'm on leave, so afternoon is pretty ok!! but we want musical one or physical one? i'm pretty ok with both.

berry
lol thanks for sharing, the poem is so funny!! towards the end i was already wondering how she does it..

bkk
i think when bbs are with other bbs they definitely learn faster, maybe they see other ones of their same kind (small small, like them, not big big like us, haha) and copy them?

thanks for the info on JWT and Gym, i'll go try both! agree on them being a bit scared, when E was about 7 months i brought him to fidgets, he cry and cry cos got a lot of noisy ang moh kids running and shouting all around...

privates
is it different for boy or girl? for boys i know they like to grab (and pull!) themselves, and sometimes when washing i will say "wash your hair, wash your hands, wash your penis.." :p but i think if i have a girl i might call it "gugu" instead of using the english word.

re: work
ok i think i'm not passionate with my work at all. just joined for 4 mths sianz already!! i really salute some of you who can work >5 yrs leh. If not becuae of the $, i would have quitted long ago and be SAHM. same as u all, hubby not supportive cuz $ not enuff.

hi ladies!

7 year itch
haha now i understand... i left my 1st job after 6 years (not this current).

JWT/bambini/LNT trial
count me in! but im worried as i have NEVER brought bb out alone up til now. haven't bought a carrier too, planning to do so this weekend. bb caught a cold too, no fever but major running nose...hope he recovers soon.

piglettail,
*wave*

don't worry, we all zhuang4 dan3 together k? i oso never brought bb out alone before...at least there are other mummies around to help out so should be ok!

Gar - tks for info..now i am really gien..maybe when Heidi can take her first few steps by herself then i bring arrange the photo shoot. :p

re : privates

usually i would say mummy gg 2 wash ur vaginal now, wash ur "pi pi" (refers to her butt).

re : SAHMs

Seems like quite a few hbs not supportive hor.. lucky hb is supportive if i wan 2 be a SAHM tis time. BUT.. it's me who darent take the plunge! Worried i wont be able 2 cope alone.

re : photoshooots

Told hb i wan 2 bring Cayenne 4 the photoshoots. my dear hb say wait till yr end when #2 arrive. save $$! *rolled eyes*

bkk,
well done to kate for taking that first few steps.. once they start with 3-4 steps, very fast till they walk.
happy.gif

kitsune,
hope raeanne gets better soon...

bx,
re pneumococcal jabs, it depends i think on each individual babies... for C no fever last time, but my pd did recommend to take separately from 5-in-1 as to reduce chances of getting fever

re:weekday outing,
i want to join ! but cannot take leave next week... prob the following week?

re:work,
me having thoughts of taking no pay leave mid year because my parents going back to indon for good and C have not reach 18 months yet. My plan was to put him in child care during the morning and stay at home with maid afternoon. This way he gets exposure and won't be with my maid all day... but still hesitating... haiz
sad.gif

SAHM,
my hb is supportive, but hor he thinks i won't be able to "take it" which is true. so he offered to be SAHF instead heehee

tute,

jz curious tat u r not worried ur boy wif maid alone?

was having this pro 2 cos my #2 arriving in mid july. hb say ok 2 leave kids wif maid alone which i tink otherwise. but in the end, decided 2 get a maid wif my dad retire 2 "eye power" everyting.. so i not so worried.

gar,

haha.. hw nice tat ur hb volunteer to do tat!

piglettail
oh no, hope bb gets well soon!

tongtong
yah.. $ always never enough.... my hubby is super afraid of being poor and wants to go on holidays etc, so make me work too, haha..

okay, i used to work for 3 male bosses and 1 lady boss and now another lady boss. my conclusion is: Male boss is better
i find it so sian working under a lady wor. cuz too micro liao. (eventhough i'm a female ok..)

pauline:
haha coz iso and i share the same birthday thou diff year. haha v qiao.

bx:
when mine took 5+1/6+1 w pneumococcal.... he gets fever everything. hey.. btw, when matt has his 3 pneumococcal jab w the 5+1/6+1 from 3rd mth on, when should the next jab schedule be huh? anyone has any idea?

tute:
ur parents returning so soon? will they be able to wait till Cayleb is after 18 mnths. easier transition for him and u as well?

bkk:
kate can walk! hahaha tats another milestone! gd job... she will be running soon enough. hee~

gar:
wah... your hubby so cute. hehe not many daddy dare to offer tat wor!

esther,
i am... but i've no choice and i don't want to leave C at child care all day as well, a bit tricky to care for him during the day...only positive thing is that my maid's been with me >1yr now and she's been trained to care for my son and from what i can see, looks like she cares for my son...nvr mistreated him though of course there are risks...

jass,
cannot leh coz my sis giving birth to 2nd kid in jul while her first is only 2 yrs old. so my parents gg back to help her. i'm also cracking my head on how to cope. am hoping that they will want to return here but think they should be staying in indon for at least 3-4 mths..

tute, in fact my son is with my parents at KL now. have been there for 2 mths plus.. i think it's not a long term solution so i also intend to put him in infant care...

fairfield,
post a pic of skylar leh...haven't seen before!

esther, jass,
ya my hb belongs to the category of "better than wife baby caregiver" i am very impressed with him...gives me more confidence to have #2 hehe!

tute,
can understand your dilemma. any other close relatives that could help you out? if i have a helper, will oso very hesitant to leave bb alone with her.

tute:
your parents are really wonderful to help out u and your sister! hmm... i guess the arrangement can only be confirmed later. hope things will go smoothly. probably childcare or infant care or baby sitter can be a temporary arrangement for you then.

tongtong:
wah.. that means a lot of traveling for you hor. erm... when are you planning for infant care?

gar:
haha so when is #2??

fairfield:
how long have u been in US? u are posted there for work?

RE: privates

I know I am going to sound weird but I call it as it is vulva. :p I went and found out that it is the actual name. Backside I just call backside.

jass:
yea, i travelled back almost every weekend or once every 2 weeks. planning for infant care in apr/may. but so far i think okleh, not that tired.

tute,

maybe u can install a camera 2 home? BB sitter is a great idea 2! I dunno y i prefer bb sitters than maids, probably i got a very gd bb sitter 4 the 1st time. but 2 bad. taking care of 2 kids costs me $1K plus. so tinking maid wif an elder @ home would be a much safe $ option. ;p

Gar,

Thumbs up 4 ur hb!

Tong,

reali pei fu ur wkly/fornightly drive up.

privates- I taught my DD the actual name, which is vulva. But sometimes I call it the 'peepee'. I also taught her names of other parts like like 'anus', 'vagina', 'urethra'. Dont want her to be shocked or feel grossed out about her own body in future so we dont purposely refrain from labelling the parts when nec. Plus, so that when she is in pri sch next time, the boys in her class wont be able to make her feel embarassed by making stupid jokes abt these things casue then she can correct them haha! :p

gogo bambini- next week I am free!
happy.gif
When? mon or wed? both days I am ok!

esther, if wkly i dont drive la, i take train, so that i can have more time with my boy. in fact it's rather convenient for me cuz when i reach monday morning i go to work straight.

Back