(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

Bx..agree with Garfield. The amount is not linear as the longer u put off, the less your breast will produce during those hours. And some more not good for milk supply. Now me still pump/feed 7 times a day.

But I read that the interval does'nt matter, it is how many times you pump/feed which matters. Is this true?

Re: type of milk
TBF
1. sunny
2. tongtong
3. Thankful
4. kitsune
5. Artemis
6. tute
7. Winnie
8. xiaoyun
9. Kirsten
10. kelly

Partial BF
1. bx / similac
2. garfield9 / isomil
3. dor11 / similac
4. bkkgal/similac
5. star70/ Nan 1HA
6. maruko/similac
7. p1nk1e/similac
8. frentee/Nan 1
9. happybee/ Enfalac
10. Jeannie/ Mamex gold
11. eileengoh/ Nan 1
12. isobellies/ similac/Nan1HA
13. sweetpea/Friso

FM
1. leila / Nan 1ha
2. Jac / Nan 1HA
3. cheryl / nan 1
4. piglettail/ similac

sweetpea,
wow u still can pump/feed so many times although u have started work.

i agree it's the number of times u pump/feed. natuarally as u pump/feed more times, the shorter will be the intervals. so it's directly proportional.

so r u still able to maintain ss after u start work?

thankful,
after hearing ur friend's case makes me scared to drink carbonated drinks liao...

Piglettail,
I also got the Baby Bjorn carrier,and I got the original one cos i bought it when bb was smaller hence i feel more confident with the original one with loads of padding compared to the air one. The ones with back support is good but i didn't take it cos' i felt that it was too warm for me esp if i were to walk ard in the park.

I actually brought my bb down to mothercare to try all the designs and i must say, they are patient abt it. So, mayb if possible, bring ur bb down and try till ur hearts content. Furthermore, if u have bought it and change your mind abt the design, colour etc, u cld jus bring it back for exchange. If u need, i have the mothercare card but i thk mayb only 10% off...not much ya?

morning ladies,
I was wondering if anyone can advise me on what is the best way to transport frozen EBM home as I have decided to take from one of the generous forum mummy who has excess. Think it would be gd to feed my son that since i can't. thks!!!

leila,
do you have a cooler ? if you have then would be good to carry using a cooler with ice packs inside...

dor,
not sure if pooh loves u good or not...haven't even try it ! haha...i'm actually interested in few other books like animal world and dora but thought i'll see if my son likes to play with the system or not...

i oso need to transport my frozen ebm to my mil's place which is abt 5min drive away. can just put into cooler bag with ice pack and once reach her place i freeze again? or must put in the chiller compartment and use within 12 hours?

iso, how is the noise level?
I find medela motor quite noisy, not sure it is the same to PIS

Eileen, it is dual pump or single pump? Is it fast?

cheryl,

i was jus wondering, didn't your PD give u any fever med to standby jus in case bb gets fever? cos' mine did and when he had the slight fever, i fed him the med and fever went dwn to normal aftr 2 dosages...

tute,
i don't have the stuffs u mention. Guess i will have to go and buy. What is a gd brand to buy?

re:leapfrog
bx, maybe u wan to keep a lookout on this thread cos she is thinking of separating the books n system.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/1387570.html?1209519631

cheryl, u on leave huh?

for yr yest jab does it include rotavirus and pneumococcal vaccination?
if so, it comes with slight fever huh?
did u give him pao sim prior to the jab?
cos i supposed to bring him to jab on 04/05, if will kanna fever, then i wait til my mum come back.

cheryl, haha.. ya loh..
i managed to squeeze 3coin pouch with mel_chf. think it makes a good gift.
tho of buying for xmas gift. siao hor.

sgwave,

yes, put everything in the bag to sterilise. But the tubing has to sterilise separately. I only sterilise the tubing once a day. My colleague told me she only sterilise the tubing once a month..i dare not lei..

cheryl,

i learnt from the nurse the last time that even though the fever has gone down but i had to feed my boi wid the med for 1 more day as she says the fever might jus come back. So, that was what i did and the fever left aftr 1 day of additional dosage...u wanna try?

brought baby to PD cos today 6th day no poo poo...doc inserted laxative, never so happy to see poo =) so super stinko!!

dor, happy,
you all bought the le sport sac coin pouch? very cute hor...i'm tempted

leapfrog,
also tempted, but house already not much space. maybe i will borrow to see if bb likes it before deciding to buy!

hi laides!

wanna ask about storage of bm. if i keep bm in the fridge for 48 hours liao, can i trasnfer to the freezer??

how long can bm last in fridge before transferring to freezer? or must freeze immediately after pump out?

3rd time posting. hope won't be override again. helping andrea to put in her name too cos her also being override :p

Re: type of milk
TBF
1. sunny
2. tongtong
3. Thankful
4. kitsune
5. Artemis
6. tute
7. Winnie
8. xiaoyun
9. Kirsten
10. kelly
11. Andrea
12. Stephie

Partial BF
1. bx / similac
2. garfield9 / isomil
3. dor11 / similac
4. bkkgal/similac
5. star70/ Nan 1HA
6. maruko/similac
7. p1nk1e/similac
8. frentee/Nan 1
9. happybee/ Enfalac
10. Jeannie/ Mamex gold
11. eileengoh/ Nan 1
12. isobellies/ similac/Nan1HA
13. sweetpea/Friso

FM
1. leila / Nan 1ha
2. Jac / Nan 1HA
3. cheryl / nan 1
4. piglettail/ similac

garfield, r u buying the lesport stuffs, if u r, do u mind helping me to post??? me tempted to buy the tote bag....but cannot also never mind, then i can save $$$$ lor....hahaha!

tongtong
i do trf ebm to freezer when 48hrs are up. but usu try not to drag too long being freezing it. some say good to freeze ebm once it's been chilled. but sometimes i forget after leaving the ebm in the fridge and will only freeze it many hours later.

leila/bx
re: transport of frozen ebm
last time i also needed to transfer to my mum's place which is like 25mins drive. i'll put the ebm in cooler bag with 2 or 3 ice packs. then when reached, put in my mum's freezer. so far so good.

bx
i also drink carbonated drinks (and coffee too but in small qty). dunno why now got cravings. b4 preggie i seldom drink one. and i didn't avoid feeding bb after drinking. hmm..don't think the gas will be passed to bb via bm bah. caffeine yes, but gas how to pass?

hi ladies!

Baby Bjorn carrier,
thanks iso and leila for for sharing! think i will bring bb to try out at mothercare before buying.

stephie,
ya lor, i also like cakes,coffee,kueh...haiz.my colleagues were commenting that i was back to shape when i went back after 1month, think they will be scratching their heads when they see a fatter me when i return to work on friday.

dor, cheryl,
haha...so im not alone. no wonder ppl always told me dun buy too many bb clothes in the same size range, now i can fully understand. think i will buy maybe 5 pieces per 'size stage' and den go shop when he outgrows them.

wow.. veri bz thread...

re: transporting of frozen EBM
i also need to transport my frozen stock to my MIL's, abt 30mins drive away.
thinking of bringing juz enough for the day's consumption & put in cooler bag, since anyway need to defroze b4 warming it up for bb.. any feedback?

re: storage of EBM
i always freeze immed after pump, unless it's > 1 milk bag so i put the extra in the fridge to combine with next pump.

got below guidelines on EBM storage to share:-

Freshly Expressed BM
Refrigerator (4deg): 3~5 days
Freezer (-16deg): 3 months
*Label with Expressed Date

Thawed BM
Refrigerator: 10 hours

Re:diapers
I use petpet for nite and day now.. so far so good leh.. its quite thick can absorb a lot of urine.

Re: BD
Artemis.. u very cute leh.. the way u say like tried so many times.. hehe.. i dun really dare.. scared stiches will burst open..

Re: Baby suckling thum and blow bubbles..

Why my ger never suck thumb and blow bubbles w saliva??Now i feel a bit weird liao cause like everybody's baby is doing that and mine dun have leh. She only likes to suck pacifier and sweep her face with her hands. Sometimes she is very funny.. give her milk she doesnt wnat..prefer to suck pacifier even when she is hungry.

Re: weight loss
Tongtong and kitsune.. i am like 20 kg heavier than u all!! I think i can go commit suicide liao.. but in the first place.. i not small built lah.. usually wear M but not.. wear XL!!
Artemis/ cheryl.. we sama sama.. the stupid 6 kg.. has stucked there for weeks....

Re: Freezing Bm

STephie and tongtong.. i normally freeze milk straight away after pump cause i think if u put in fridge till 48 hrs( already the limit) then u freeze again.. like no point cause u will be wanting to discard already after 48 hrs.. but instead we freeze again. Its just like if we put ebm outside for 4 hrs.. then we put in fridge for 48 hrs the put in freezer for 2 months.. dun think can leh..

i nomally use proportion method lor.. if i put ouside for 1 hr already.. i can onlu put in fridge for like 36 hrs... cause 1 hr outside= 12 hrs in fridge= 15 days in freezer. Something like that. Thats what my hubby advised me also.. casue when he studied Materials.. materials behave like that.. hehe

Re: Jabs.

My Cl adbvised me to give baby.. ling yang sui before she goes for jab.. take one day before and put in FM. Ling yang sui cna get from medicinal hall.. its supposed to be cooling.

Re: Pump
Bx.. now my pumping interval ranges from 6- 8 hrs.. Normally each pump i will be able to pump for 2 feeds and slightly more..abt 250 ml..i think the longer u strtch the amt of milk will increase.. but of coz not linearly for me.. sometimes i think my ss drop but i think pump every 3 hrs also no use for me... i rather at one go.

Re: latch
Sian man.. my ger really doesnt like to latch lor.. although i seldom latch but my 1st month i latch almost every day.. even though sometimes only 5 mins.. but nowades i hardly laych cause she always "ork" like wana vomit when i put nipple in.. so bu ge mian zi!!! Angry... but when i put pacifier in she sucks then take out put nipple in she orks.. sigh.. so upset..

Re: vacuum
Pinkie.. my ger also delivered using vacuum.. but i think my gynae din on very high.. cause when he said on the vacuum.. within 1-2 mins.. my baby also pushed out liao. My ger head a bit red iniially but it was ok the next day, nobody noes that she was assited. i think dun massage too hard.. just everyday when u tok to ur baby.. touch his head also.. and i think gradually it will go down. dun worry!!

i thought thawed BM is 12 hours? alamak, now reduce to 10 hours? better tell my mil not to thaw too much at one go.

btw, how do u gals thaw ur frozen BM?

dor,
thanks for the link!

Wow.. my last post so long.. hehe.. baby sleeping now and i am going out soon. better post more.

re: caffeine
BX/ Thankful/ stephie.. wow.. u all cna control leh.. actually i still carbonated drinks and i drink coffee every day sometime more than 2 cups.. but my bb still luvs to sleep leh.. hehe.. so i think ok for me. SO what will the effect be if pass to baby?? baby cant sleep har... then i think my baby probably immune to caffeine..s he naps everyday leh.. eat and sleep.. activity time abt 1-2 hrs only

jeannie,
re: vauum
mayb my gynae suck too hard.. the bump veri obvious no matter wat angle u see.. nowadays i juz try to massage softly.. and wish for all the best lo..

re: suck thumb/saliva
my boy always lotsa saliva, especially if u try to sit him upright..
but strange thing he dun seem to like pacifier.. always drop out as soon as u put in, so always gotta hold for him, until chiu sng..

btw any bbs can raise neck liao? mine neck liao still week so he raise up a while liao den release, bang his face *faint*
he's 2mos liao..

jeannie,
u drink so much coffee ah? i haven't drink any since i became pregnant. last time i kopi siao, can drink up to 3 cups a day.

u bringing ur baby out for walk walk?
happy.gif

re: cleaning nipples
i never clean. must isit? only 1st few days after birth i got sore nipples then i got clean. after that never liao.

bx,
re: defroze EBM
i put outside to thaw, tried on bottles - takes abt 3hrs..
put in fridge takes veri long one..
muz make sure fully thawed den can put in warmer..

p1nk1e,
can i take out a few packs to thaw outside
(each pack i only put abt 120ml), once thawed i put back in the fridge and use within 10 hours?

bx,
tat's wat i do, my CL taught me..
cos when thawed completely, milk is still chill so put in fridge for later use.. i'd start counting the 10hrs from time i take outta the fridge so dun take all out at one go..

a tip to share, try feeding frozen EBM to your bb, in case u pump n store so much but in the end bb refuse... heard of cases like tat so wasted mom's efforts..

Back