(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

kitsune,
good idea =) ya $80 an hour.

hope raeanne kuai kuai tonight and let daddy mummy rest. 44kg for your height...you must be super underweight!

Gar, I lost weight lor. At my chubbiest, I was 47kg, right after honeymoon in Switzerland. Haha.
happy.gif

first day at work: woke up at 4.30 to latch, started the day at 5am sterilising bottles and pump, pump after that, sterilise pump again to bring to office, pack bottles and pump to office, make drinks for myself after pump ( too hungry), pack breakfast, pack boy's bag to school, make up, change to office attire , woke bb up to bring him to infant care.... i did all these in a hurry!! first day very "chuan". and sterssed, like racing against the time, afraid late to office cux need to send bb to infant care etc.

back home 730 liao.. then bz with bb etc, about 10pm pengsan liao. too tired.

i hope i will get used to this bz life and regain my energy. think i looked very haggard liao.

re: money saving tips
baby wipes: Carrefour brand, tub kind. 200 pcs for $4++
cotton ball: Giant brand, very firm and big. 100 balls, $0.82
cotton wool: Giant brand, 300 g, $1.48

the Giant brand cotton is the cheapest I found.
happy.gif

pumping in office: only pumped once. and must did it chop chop, quite stresed. so din express everything out. by the time reach home, super engorge with lots of lump. when took out bra wanted to shower, milk just kept driping driping and driping. aiks. how i wish i got a friendly bf office. now when i wanna bf, must cover the window on the door with newspaper. so leceh.

piglettail
heehee, mine too... outgrown his stuff too...

bx,
re:doing housework at night
bo bian cos daytime too many things need my attention.nite time cooling ma

tong,
wow!! long day. hope mine will be ok next week.

bx,
re pumping interval, ya i use the same method to calculate. so you should see an increase in output when you lengthen your pumping interval. however, the actual increase may not be linear lor =P

tong,
jia you!!! i think gradually you will be able to fine tune your routine for optimal efficiency. dun worry!

tongtong jiayou!! for the 1st few wks u might not get use to the back to office lifestyle. Even now my 4th wk working in office I will tend to fall asleep in the afternoon but have to force myself to be awake as currently I am overwhelming with my work stuff.

anyone using Ameda Lactaline Dual Breast Pump?
which is better? Medela Pump In Style Advanced or Ameda Lactaline Dual Breast Pump

tongtong,

think all of us are deprived of sleep and rest...

Did your supply dropped after pumping only once at work? now my supply already not much, if drop my gal gotta drink from formula
sad.gif

happybee,
Put everything inside the bag and put in microwave is it? only sell in kk?

piglettail - my hubby and i decided to get the babybjorn air one (and not the one with the back support) becuase we think our son is like the father, always hot hot , so thought the air is better. so far i quite like it, but never try wearing for 3 hours like tute's hubby! (he not bad har tute! ;))

cherish - i think hard to compare leh, PIS is like twice the price of the lactaline. i'm currently using the Swing and a friend passed me the lactaline. the lactaline size and functions a bit like the medela electrin twin plus, but much better! hope that helps :p

Hi Artemis,

I have transferred to you:

To Account POSB Savings
109-37121-1 Artemis
Amount S$37.80
Transaction Reference 1684678871

Thanks!

XiaoYun
I not using cloth diaper . Ppl give me and I forgot ,go and buy some so end up extra. Can pass e lining to u when collecting my Vitiglo orders.
Guess you have seen my payment on e 27/4 ref 3953. Jus went back to work. little time to surf these few days.

Dor, Garfield
You are very good . still keep up with household work. Me too tired for that most of e time.

dor,
saw ur post, almost bang head.. then realised the price S$31.61 is before int'l shipping lah..
so the final price would be ard S$50 plus-S$60 which is abt the same price i bought..
happy.gif

piglettail
my tummy also like flatter during confinement. i agree that it's due to the restricted food that i could eat then. once confinement over, i'll hv my favourite stuff like cakes, coffee, kuehs, etc. bu4 fei2 ye3 nan2 :p

my weight now yo yo between pre-pregnancy weight and 1-2 kg lesser.

Hi Garfield,

I have received your payment.
happy.gif

RE: LeapFrog LittleTouch™ LeapPad® Learning System

I thought it is a good price. Bought 3 at 1 go. :p My colleague's wife giving birth in June, then my sister-in-law in September and of course 1 more for Danica.

RE: diapers

I not sure if it's I don't know how to fasten or what. But when Danica poops a lot, almost all (Nepia, GOO.N, Drypers, Pampers Baby Dry, Pampers Active Baby, Mamy Poko) leaks. :p Or maybe it's just the Danica got a lot of poop? The leaks are mostly at the sides. Only Nepia and Drypers leak from the top of the back side.

RE: going back to work

I am only starting work on 26 May. Now trying hard to accumulate EBM for Danica. Only have 6 containers full (160 ml) <sigh> Not sure if I can accumulate enough a not. I only pump 3 times a day now.

RE: weight

I still have 7kg to lose. <sigh> Hope I can lose it within the next few weeks or else I will have to waste money on larger size office wear. I also have flabby skin on my belly.
sad.gif

RE: BD

I started liao leh... But the first few times a bit painful and started to bleed slightly so I stopped for a while before starting again.

dor
i also wanna see the sling your hubby sew. wow, ur hubby very capable leh, can sew, can cook.

tongtong
re: pouch sling
haha..i also think the material feels abit plasticky. v scared it will not be sturdy enuf leh.

xiaoyun
my mum said maybe her fren can sew the sling too. just show her the sample. when i told my mum the cost of the sling, her eyes big big :p

Is this really good? robinson selling at $99.95 with 20% disc. so bp is still abt $20 cheaper.

artemis,
wow...danica do poo a lot ! hehe... so far only mamy poko pass my son's poo test coz it nvr leaks during my son's massive poo (those after 7 days no poo one) but then in the middle we change his diapers coz the diaper cannot hold anymore so must catch at the right time...

iso,
yeah...actually the baby even slept during the 3 hours period...haha...so i think my hb also no choice coz if he puts him down or transfer to me my baby sure will cry one... :p

piggletail,
for the bb bjorn you may want to catch the bp offer one that nicetots's holding...much cheaper than buying at isetan...

re:weight,
wah...kitsune/tong both of you v slim leh...i lost all my preg weight but am medium build in the first place so now i'm hoping to loose more weight but cannot go on diet so just hoping to cut down slowly
happy.gif

mummies, online shopping for bb..how abt urself? keke...my fren' selling some dresses online at cheap prices..i choose 2 to try it out..i think quality wise will not be fantastic at this price...but i tink for this cheap price, can try it out..who knows u may get a gd buy..if anyone intersted let me know..i can pass the order to my fren..** no commision earn hor" jus promoting for her..haha..

http://www.cleocat-fashion.com/

hmm sorry mummies..wrong info
my fren not the one selling these clothes..she also ordering for herself from this website onli..hee...so paiseh..u got to create acc to order directly if u r interested..

hi mummies who ordered the above, pls note that u will need to buy the "books" separately.. the system only includes a LittleTouch™ LeapPad starter book..
Each "book" actually consist of a interactive book and a cartridge.. and u must buy the books that is compatible with the system..
in this instance, u must buy the <font color="ff0000">LittleTouch™</font> LeapPad® Book to use on the <font color="ff0000">LittleTouch™</font> LeapPad® Learning System..
The books can be pretty exp.. so u may grab some if u see any offer on it..

cheryl,
buy the books from spree also cheaper...

happymum2b,
perhaps we can exchange books from time to time since we live nearby !! i bought 3 books already now (eventho i haven't got the system yet) hahaha...

cheryl,
okie..
happy.gif

tute,
i oso hv 3 LittleTouch books plus a complimentary one when i bought the system..
yes, we can exchange so our kids can hv more choices..
happy.gif

cheryl,
yeah...should not buy the same one..but actually there aren't many choices...

happymum,
which ones do you have ? i have stella songbird, pooh loves you and let's get busy baby :p

cherish.. i've tried both ameda dual and medela pis.. they're comparable..
but i stil think the medela swing stimulates let down better.. the medela pis pumping action not the same as swing..dont have simulation phase.

bx, you also very slim what. I prefer to put on some more weight lor, people actually said I look better with more flesh when I was preggie but bo bian, TBF and not taking extra 500 calories everyday.

Sigh, anyway, asked Ms Betty Lee, LC to help me clear my blockage, and see why my BB can't sleep. She helped me clear the blockage using BB in football hold to suck but she can't help my BB to sleep. She's said my BB is too alert and wants to play. She asked how many hours my BB sleep in the day, checked with MIL, about 5hrs in the day. So, she said 4 hrs better. She also asked if we had problem putting BB to sleep previously, then I realised BB has been sleeping at 11-12 when I was still on maternity. Cos no. 1, MIL comes over to do night duty at 11+pm so we don't bother to put her to bed earlier, and reason no. 2, I always feed/pump 1 last time before I sleep which is close to midnight. No wonder, she can't sleep at 9+, 10pm cos she sleeps quite a bit in the day, and she's never had such an early bedtime in the first place. Sigh. :p

re: poo
my boy doesn't poo everyday... sometimes can go up to 1 week without poo-ing - normal?

any mommy delivered via vacuum extraction?
my boy has this big bump on his head due to extraction and it's still not subsiding... already 2mos old!
sad.gif

anyone with the same prob?

just poured away 120ml of ebm coz i put into the warmer then fell asleep at 10pm, baby oso never wake up to drink. Now wake up then realise.

Xiaoyun,
re: emerg c-sect @39weeks
i originally opted for elective c sect (dr say bb head too big n not engaged) on 2nd day cny, but went into labour right after reunion dinner. Then admit 1st day cny 3+am, dr koh say gotta emerg c sect lor...so ex my hospital bill..
sad.gif

somemore hubby cannot accompany me into ot cos emerg, then i request anaesthetist totally knock me out lor (GA)...

tongtong,
ur rite, my bb is colicky, that's y he's a terror..I so sim tia, my bb so young kena colic. now everyday gotta put infacol into his feed
sad.gif

pinkie,
i heard from pd that its even normal for bb not to poo for 10days!
Gotta massage ur bb's head each time u feed him, that way bb's head will be swee swee
happy.gif

frentee,
my doc say dun touch the head leh..
sad.gif

i used to rub/massage but like no improvement *sob*sob*

oh no, emerg c-sect hubby can't follow in so sian hor... u mean can partial anaesthetic one meh?

bx,
Can drink carbonated drinks but limited to one dose per day. Included tea or any drink with caffine. Was told caffine can pass down to our BM. So can't drink too much. Don't feed bb straight away after drinking cos gas will transmit to BM. My friend told me so cos bb kept crying after she drank carbonated drink.

pinkie,
it's "normal", my bb also like that. on similac, longest he went was 7 days, that's why i thought of switching to nan and have been alternating between the 2 brands (cos MIL say no good to just suddenly switch). now he seems to poo every 3 days, which i feel is better.

but dunno whether it's has anything to do with the brand of milk, or it's just a phase but bb has been very fussy these last few weeks since i introduced nan. so fussy and no improvements in night feeding. still giving both now, haven't really decided if i should rely on either one...

Back