(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

probiotic: yea i'm taking probiotic daily ( although i forget to take these days). the probiotic is passed thru my milk to bb cuz i can smell probiotic from his poo. was recommended to take cuz my bb got eczema.

cleaning tougue: yeh, tried to clean my boy's toungue this morning, and he gave me vomitting look. and about 5 minutes later, he regurgitate some milk out. cuz he was fed about 20 minutes ago before i cleaned his tougue. will try to clean one hour after his feed next time

Happy: your blog so nice leh!! so pretty your bb gal!

block ducts: i suspect that i have block ducts. the lump is is below my breast and i pressed on it, it was painful. i tried to squeeze and squeeze and the lump is still there.. but milk couldnt come out. so i just wonder whether it's block ducts or it's my breast tissue/muscle??

anyone can advise?

cheryl
14 weeks now. got any suggestions? i just fed him, he finished up all 120mls but it was 5.5hrs since last feed (but maybe also cos he was napping..)

at other times he seems pretty happy...

iso,
i try feeding him at 3 hour interval and like this morning he will take 50ml then after 2 hours he'll fuss so i feed him again... is ur baby fully on bottle? or do u still latch on?

i'm going to try and change his teat to pigeon... read from one of the thread that pigeon is softer than avent...

tong,
thks for your compliments..
happy.gif

ask you ladies, how do you count ur babies age in months? is 12 weeks = 3 months? or go by calendar date? reason me asking is for vaccination...my bb was born on 21 feb, so do i need to wait after 21 may to give him 5-in-1 or can i go ahead after 12 weeks?

iso,
ur baby older than mine by 2 weeks...mine is 12 weeks now...

dor,
lulu supposed to be qutie small right...sigh, $11 is quite a lot...now wondering how much my anna gonna cost me...

tute,
for me, i go by the calendar date..
i prefer my bb to hv the vaccination when they r slightly older..
oh, and easier to remember oso..

goodgal, from wat I know, how much one can claim from CSC card depends on the scheme you are under, its not the same for everyone.

tute,
mostly FM cos i have v little BM, but i do still let him latch on, like for snacks, heh. i don't want to let him latch then feed him FM from bottle because sometimes he refuse to take.

cheryl,
if 3 hrs maybe 60 at the most, sometimes not at all. before 2 months old he was such an angel and more predictable, now got show "pattern" liao, haha.

also i wonder if i have too many kinds of bottles - avent and pigeon (standard and wide) and also tried 2 aprica ones. but before 2 months he will take anything. i think that the problem now is just that he's not hungry and not so much of the teats, cos when hungry he'll take anything!

goodgal,
happy.gif
ok, will check for u when i go next wed, but sometimes the nurses also not v sure one. i remembered they say they try to click on their computer to use CSC card to pay, sometimes the system allow , sometimes it does not allow, i suppose it must be like what berry says, depends on your scheme bah.

goodgal/dawn.. i think it really depends on ur scheme. cause i went for ENT checkup then i ask the nurse can use CSC card or not.. she say no disc leh only pp under previous scheme have.

My colleagues gave birth abt 10 yrs ago.. she say bill only 100 + coz the rest covered by MOE. :p So good hor..

btw.. dawn.. ur twins are super cute lor.. they coming to 3 months also? Looking at them i also wanna have twins.. like so fun... does it run in the family to have twins??Urs is the ideal case.. fraternal twins.. then boy and ger.. one stone kill 2 birds.. hehe

happy,

ur gal soooooooo cute esp after dolling up, think i must try and aim for a gal nxt time cos' boy not much to dress up wid...but can save $$$ lor...hahaha!

urmmmhh, jeannie, thanks. they r super cute to pple who come and visit and play with them for a few hours. super tiring for mummy and my maid who takes care of them, esp if they decide to be cranky together. dun try lah, during pregnancy also lots of problems and risk. yes, think i will close shop liow.;)hubby v scared we will have another bb now!

btw, what are the diff kinds of scheme available, sorry i super blur on this kind of things one. I started teaching in 1997...so old scheme or new scheme?

tute,
yeah hb has been great so far *fingers crossed it will last*
lol.gif

we both agreed not to have a maid (lifestyle choice), hence important that both need to play an active role in terms of looking after baby + housework. else, it won't work out.

so far, it's been tiring, but still able to cope. my mom has been very helpful cos she cleans up everyday before going home so i save some work.

but hor, i think if have no.2, may have to seriously consider a maid lor.

Happy, saw Erlene's photo. So cute, my gal also struggle when we try to doll her up with hairband leh. Sigh. :p

Cheryl, did you read Taurus's post about LSS spree? She thinks the package may be lost. Alamak! Hope it's not true, I spent close to $100 leh for a backpack and mini tote. I think that time you helped one of the mummies order right? Is it Andrea?

Garfield, my hubby also the official baby carrier cos he can 'walk' baby to sleep. I can't, arms will ache and I'll be all sweaty and 'pek chek'. :p

Date: 19May, Mon (public holiday)
Time: 12pm?
Venue: Pasir Ris

1) Kelly & family - fried bee hoon, curry & drinks
2) cheryl & family (hb also not confirm yet) - sushi
3) bkkgal & family - thai vermicelli salad
4) qingling & family (hubby not confirmed yet) - erm..can i confirm later.. ..Mon prefered cos sun i got games
5) leila & family - chocolate cake
6) eliaw & family - fried chicken wings or ice cream??
7) Thankful & family (hubby not confirm yet) - Soon Kway
8) kitsune & family - err... anyone wants green leafy salad or cold soba? If not, I'll buy something. Sorry, my culinary range quite limited. :p

RE: Isetan private sale

It was crazy! I arrived at 8:30 a.m. to find that the queue had already snaked all the way from the entrance to the Thai Embassy! Luckily, Danica was asleep. In fact, she was very cooperative and slept all the way from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. while I was in Isetan.

Hi Garfield,

I have received your transfer for the Tiger food jar and thermal flask set.
happy.gif
When and how do you want to collect it?

RE: waxing

Went for my brazilian after a nearly 3 month hiatus and boy was it painful even though I requested for full hard wax and they had this new white chocolate hard wax. :p Danica woke up when I was nearly finishing and had to pull some stunts to ensure she was calm before letting the therapist finish up.

4) qingling & family - koniyaku jelly
8) kitsune & family - err... anyone wants green leafy salad or cold soba? If not, I'll buy something. Sorry, my culinary range quite limited. :p

mummies, now the leapfrog organiser changed her shipping charges again..from 156 drop to 103 drop to 69 now..machiam like stock market...i wait for it to plunge further..she still din show us invoice...zzzzz

4) qingling & family - koniyaku jelly
9) Artemis & Danica - pizza or you all would like some soup? Potato, carrot and sweet corn soup. That's the only soup I really know how to make (just put everything in and pray :p) but will be a bit hard to lug around I think.

Hi tute,

Remember to ask your HB to drink more water after taking Essentials especially if he has not taken multi vitamins before. Cause Essentials quite potent so if take the recommended dosage without drinking the daily required amount of water (8 glasses) will get headache. Also, if he gets the following:

- urine is slightly green
- diahorrea like symptoms (go toilet 2 to 3 days a day)

is also normal, his system should regulate itself within 2 weeks.
happy.gif

RE: Desitin cream

Actually hor... My Desitin cream only left a bit bit... So I was thinking of organising my first online spree for drugstore.com. Not sure if anyone is interested?

i am very sad this week, first down with flu so hubby adviced me not too close the baby and try not to latch her..seeing everyone else carry my baby except me really make me sad
sad.gif

Then yesterday was my first menses, i never experience such a heavy flow menses, so decided to call up my gynae. The nurse advice me go to A&E, then they paged for my gynae. After checkup, the gynae subscribe me with medicine and asked me to stop breastfeeding for 5 days!!!! I am super down at that moment...how painful to pour away all my EBM...but no choice..luckily i still have quite many storage in the freezer...hopefully i can get well soon..

happybee, take care!! i also down with running nose on Wednesday, but i did not take medicine. I just rest and slept more, then the next day i'm ok already. And i still bf my boy, wearing a mask. But problem is, i think my boy caught a cold. it was either from me, or caught cold when his pants and shirt are wet at night while zz. (becuase din put on his diaper properly). I was thinking maybe he caught cold when we walked him to the infant care centre in the morning where it was very windy. and i heard him cough a little. havent brought him to PD yet, hopefully he will be lright. i dont want him to take medicine at such young age!
sad.gif
aiya, sounds like everything is my fault!
sad.gif

Hi happybee,

You take care okay? While it is painful to pour away EBM, at least you have the confidence from knowing you have a lot stored.
happy.gif

Hi tongtong,

I think these things happen. Like my HB said to me the other day, if I blame myself every time Danica sneezes it is going to be a very long and unenjoyable motherhood for me. Children get sick, we just can do our best to protect them and be there for them if they do fall sick despite our best intentions and efforts.
happy.gif

Hi cheryl,

Take care wor.

RE: flu

Wah, is there a flu virus going around? Yesterday on the MRT also heard a lot of people sneezing away and blowing nose.

RE: drugstore spree

Now drugstore.com having free shipping for nonprescription orders of US$25 or more. VPost is also giving 12% off for UOB cards. No one wants to join me ah? I think I will use rate of 1.4.

1. Artemis - Desitin Diaper Rash Ointment, Creamy, Fresh Scent 4 oz (113 g) US$4.69 X 2 = 9.38 X 1.4 = S$13.13

If really no one join me then I have to order 6 tubes. :p

menses: me not yet too

winnie:yea the infant care centre quite good i find. what about yours? today i hope i dont receive any calls from them saying that my boy cough/sneeze. finger crossed~!

oh yea , your gal so cute!!!!! i should post my boys photos soon too. too busy to load photos these days!

leila/kitsune,
thks for the compliments..
happy.gif

kitsune,
erlene won't struggle when i put on the hairband for her.. but due to the carrying, her hairband always drop off after wearing for awhile..
wink.gif

winnie,
your gal is pretty..
happy.gif

qingling,
Huh.. your shipping charges really is like stock market, can suddenly plunge till so low..
hope it will plunge further...

artemis,
i want to join your drugstore spree. can order other items?

btw, thanks again for helping me purchase the tiger flask. where do you stay? i can pick up from you place.

<font size="+0">re: princessbowbow spree</font>

hi mummies,
i went to collect the items from the spree organiser last evening.. Oooh, the clippies are so lovely...
happy.gif

1. <font color="aa00aa">xiaoyun</font> - ur items are OK
2. <font color="0000ff">garfield</font> - ur items are OK except for the "Pretty Delicate White Flower" which i hv also ordered 1 pc. They had made the alligator clips for us instead of the non-slip baby clip.. I hv checked wif her, if we want to do exchange, we may hv to wait for few weeks.. Do u still want to do the exchange ? for mi, i will stick to the alligator clip. Your 2nd item (pooh friends bow) is made correctly with the non-slip baby clips.
3. <font color="ff0000">Jeannie</font> - ur items are OK
4. <font color="119911">Kitsune</font> - ur items are OK
5. <font color="ff6000">Thankful</font> - One of your item (Puffy butterfly) is oos and will be shipped later. will let u know once it arrived. Your 2nd item (colonial rose) is here.
6. <font color="aa00aa">Qingling</font> - ur items are OK

The next question is, how to distribute the items to you gals ?

Thankful, since ur item 2 is with mi, can u collect your item from mi and oso help collect Kitsune &amp; Qingling's items since all of u r going for the gathering at Kelly's on Monday.. let me know..

xiaoyun, i pass your items to dor okie ?

garfield &amp; jeannie, any suggestion on how to pass the items to u other than via post?

qingling,
ya lor, wait for her to give u the invoice b4 u pay the shipping..
haha.. i would like to go to the gathering but i have something on tat day, so can't make it..

Back