(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

13 May 2008 10:13 AM
To Account POSB Savings
107-47012-3 kelly weddingfairy
Amount S$1.60
Transaction Reference 1706100032

Kelly,
Just trf. Sorry for the delay.

poor artemis *hugz* you must have been scared stiff!! i know how you felt.

glad that danica is fine. my hb says that these are little harmless warnings (in the sense that bb is safe in spite of accident) so that we will be more mindful and careful in future.

anyone staying with PILs? how's the experience like?

i have thought through. told hubby that we will fetch his parents over to stay together. so that it is easier to see my ger.

garfield,
serious ah? really so bad?
no choice leh. wanted to fetch my ger home every night after work. but until now i still struggling with my marking. so didn't bring my ger home. only weekends then i bring home. i feel bad abt this arrangement. if stay together, i can see her everyday.

bx,
sorry for the violent reaction. i apologize =P

i value my privacy a lot lor. used to stay with ILs for 6 months after marriage, end up cooped up in bedroom all the time. also, my household is very particular about hygiene etc. so i couldn't get used to their living habits. but eventually may have to stay together also.

not sure about your r/ship with ILs. if ok, then should be fine. have heard success stories as well.

kitsune,
i would probably be checking on the website. a bit troublesome to go down personally. :p

bx,
same reaction as garfield. no..
since after bb's birth, I stayed at my PIL's place every weekend. I am already cooped up in our rooms. and can't really agree with their lifestyle. good thing is it's they house, I don't need to bother so much about the messiness, etc. If they were going to stay over my place, I sure go nuts.
However, I anticipated that will need to stay together with them when they gets old. Just hope that I strike toto then can get a landed property, they occupy 1 storey, and we occupy the other. :p

Hi Kelly

I have made the payment. Sorry for the delay!

From Account POSB Savings 126-25618-3
To Account POSB Savings 107-47012-3 Kelly
Amount S$1.60
Transaction Reference 1706208255

artemis,
WAH HEART ATTACK LA! but dun worry too much. our bbs are more resilient than we'd like to think. Thank God she is ok...and can still laugh!

But ya, must always put baby in safe place if we are stepping away. i read that we must always "overestimate" our babies' capabilities.

re: FITTI
i used the newborn before when RUth was less than 1 month. it's ok. not impressionable but ok.

So far, Ruth's been using (in order):
- Pampers New Baby (given by hospital)
- Fitti (Newborn)
- Mamy Poko (Newborn)
- GOON (Newborn)
- Pampers Baby Dry (S)
- GOON (S)
- Huggies (S) - but stopped after a few pieces cuz too small
- Pampers Comfort (M) - very small
sad.gif

Now i use GOON (S) for at night cuz very comfy. Desperately trying to finish the Pampers Comfort then I'll use the Pampers Active Baby (M)

Dunno why Pampers the 'fastening tab' is so "THICK/WIDE", tends to cut into babies' waist/thighs when they sit.

So far Goon is still the best.

ANY MUMMY USING NEPIA? GOOD? IS CUTTING LIKE PAMPERS - SLIM in the middle OR like MAMY POKO, wider?

Cheryl

Huggies cutting abit small leh is like "bikini". My son is using it right now but does not leak.

Lezy

Nepia is more like Mamy Poko wider.

bx,
I agree with Garfield. I also stay with ILs after marriage for 1yr before we got our HDB flat. Always cooped in the room. It's best to have privacy.

During confinement when MIL, I already fussy in her hygiene esp with newborn baby. Can't imagine if stay together then end up I'm the one whom will be like a fly to her ears.

Artemis,
Thankfully she's ok. Be more careful.

artemis, omg poor bb and poor you!! You must be so pained and guilt-ridden.
sad.gif
But try to not dwell on it since its over, okay? Take it as lesson learnt, I am sure the same thing will never happen again to your bb.
happy.gif
*hugs*

bx, I dont think *all* PILs are hard to live with honestly. Its not fair to make a blanket statement like this cause one day we'll also be grandparents and in laws to our kids' spouses. It really depends on the dynamics of your r/s with them and your personality and theirs is a good match. Of course, the size of your house is a an important factor haha. Plenty of IL r/s suck big time I know, but there ARE also a few out there that are great beyond most of our imagination. But do think thru each aspect carefully before you make the plunge- do their parenting style clash with yours (it will be very pek chek if you feel that you cant bring up your child in the way you want to)? In terms of messiness/neatness, are they similar to you? Are they generally easy going and have good intentions? Do you feel that you can be yourself in front of them? And so on.
happy.gif

artemis,
wah...you must be very shocked ! hmm...i sometimes leave my son on top of changing table too when i go wash hands after change diapers...will not do so anymore after hearing your experience...

lezy,
you've tried a lot of diapers !! for my son, nepia doesn't leak...cutting i'd say bigger like pampers but thicker like mamy poko...so somewhere in between...
so goon is good huh? my sis also recommends goon to me... i think i'll give it a try coz still cheaper than pampers...

bx,
I think it really depends on your relationship with your ILs, I have friends who get along very well with their in laws, they stay in the same house and the ILs helped them bb sit... hope you can find the best arrangement
happy.gif

hi pp .. back from my taipei trip.. really enjoyed a lot.. eat and shop around, go hot spring,visiting places and having some couple time. But i miss my ger badly.. whenever i see any babies or small kids on the streets.. i will look and look and some of the gers are so cute.. dress so nice ( in boots) and their hair so dark. like doll.. then i kepp looking at my baby pics. Missed her a lot. My hubby even dreamt of her on 2 consec nights..and his colleagues commented that he must be guilty thats y.. hehe. Though i missed my ger but i think this trip was really fulfilling.. seldom get a chance to talk to mu hubby after baby arrived... so this trip is just like honeymoon like that.. just enjoy and recharge..

But.. after i return home after 4 days.. i think my baby dun recognize us liao. She was still ok w me.. but she doesnt seem to know her daddy. These 2 days also.. she's a bit different i fine.. cry and fuss a lot.
sad.gif
Now very scared to leave baby at in laws hse.. so sad that she does not remember us only after a few days. Gonna start work tmr..dunno what to do.. have to leave her to stay w in laws.. will bring her back only on weekends cause i start work very early. SO she bu de baby!!

jeanie,
wah thanks for support.

re: diapers
i find huggies cutting very small. THe S is so much smaller than GOON. Maybe my girl thigh abit bigger, so the cutting matters a lot to me.

My girl wear S more worth it than M. While she can wear GOON S, she cannot wear Huggies S (worse than bikini) or Pampers S (kinda tight already). I do like that Pampers is narrow in between the legs - seems more comfy...but the fastening tab is so broad and sometimes cuts into her thigh/tummy.

Eg GOON S63 = $0.23 per piece (for MamyPoko quality)
vs
Pampers M44 = $0.34 per piece

SIgh...the search for the perfect cost-effective diaper continues!

Hi Mothers, my 2 mth old baby was hospitalised a week ago. Now she's back home but me and my hubby are sick. I need a babysitter urgently. If you have any contacts, pls let me know. Thanks.

BX.. the trip was fantastic.. just that we miss baby a lot and like what i mentioned baby dun remember us leh.. so sad.

U lefet baby with in laws too?? But u will go there everyday after work rite?? Are u staying near to them?? I was thinking of staying over a few nights at my in laws place for the next 2 weeks.. luckily holis coming liao..

Artemis.. u must be very upset!!! Heart pain pain.. i think i will cry too when she cries.. She must have gotten a shock but at least she still smile leh.. hehe.. shows that she is ok!! Strong ger.. i think ur case is like mine.. she wriggle and wriggle and fell off the sofa when she was abt 5-6 weeks.But i think changing table higher leh.. u must chek carefullt for bruise and stuffs k.. and whther got vomit or not.. Take care k..

i think today i go home..if got time, i'll take pictures of the diapers side by side for your viewing pleasure. hehehehe.

a picture paints a thousand words!

LUNCHTIME!!! (time to see my precious baby!)

jeannie,
we face the same problem. i try to bring her home every night. but it is very difficult! we gotta report to work so early...

i agree with u that the bb will not recognise us if they dun spend time with us. very sad... everyday i go visit her, she doesn't even want to look at me. keep looking at my mil.

that's y now i am contemplating to stay with my in laws...

u make me so tempted to go on holiday too!

jeannie,
i think my arrangement same as urs. left bb with in laws. we stay near, so i go over every night. but because these few days i busy marking the exam scripts, so didn't stay long at their place.

u stay near to in laws?

jeannie, if you feel this way strongly then bring your bb home after work and send her there in the morning? I have a friend who wakes up at 5am so that she can drop bb at her ILs by 6am. i think you may feel tired for now, but 5 years down the road I believe you wont regret it.
happy.gif

i think u can go over and stay for a few nights.. its better.. i will do that lor.. casue now nothing to prepare.. and no markings.. only post exam activities.. i will applu for NPL after june holis.. i want to take care of her and watch her grow.

i just realised my baby got 2 white spots in thr mouth.. anybody knows what it is.. no wonder she always cry these 2 days when drinking milk. but i dun lach her so cant be e oral thrush thingy.. how har..

berry.. i thot abt that.. but yester when i brought baby to my mum hse ay 7 am.. she semi awake.. then like blur blur lik that all the way when we travel to my mum's place. i think she looks quite stress.. dun wanna stress her every morning..

jeannie,
how long NPL u going to take?
possible to be oral thrush... does it look like spider web? dr keoy tell me it looks like that.

bx.. it looks like ulcer leh.. whit spot.. no spider web kind..

i will take half yr or i will quit.. still deciding..

actually i also cant really manage.. thinking of taking up tuition.. and spend less.. use savings... one person's income really difficult..
sad.gif

jeannie, even not latching also can have oral thrush. But the spots shouldnt be very clearly round shaped, thrush is more like patches, u know wat I mean? my bb's thrush dont look anything like spider webs but its patchy with no regular shape.

any1 wanna share order with me for nan 1???
it is really very cheap. but minimun have to buy $200 which is abt 9 can. but i only wan 4-5 cans. so who wanna share with me???? collection at cck but also can other location at west or north west.

cheryl, vine

u feeding ur babies NAN? do u find it creates phlegm or the bb? cos i hear my bb sometimes like trying to clear her throat, or crying with phlegm, my other fren told me NAN is a bit sweeter, so tends to create phlegm when bb drinks. any idea?

gingling
ya he is drinking nan... last time i do hear alot of phlegm sound, now not so bad... i tot every fm will cost phelgm/???

qingling

My son previously drink similac have lots of phlegm, now he drink nan not so bad. Yea and nan is abit sweet. I think similac is not so sweet among the other FM brand. BTW, not only FM will cause phelgm but BM will too just tat minimal tats all.

oh mummies,
i have asked my GP before why my baby breath like DArth Vader sometimes...like a lot of stuff stuck in her passageways (nose/throat) lidat.

She says it's normal cuz babies have very small nasal passages and they tend to get abit clogged up from time to time.

I went back to reflect and it's quite true la. Think about it...(my own opinion) Sometimes they will sneeze to get rid of irritation but they dunno how to 'blow nose' or 'clear throat' so just breath in that way lor.

hihi....LELONG LELONG...

NAN1
anyone keen to 'takeover' my Nan 1 (not HA)? I tried for awhile but not suitable for my girl. She kept crying after that so i guess maybe make her tummy uncomfy...so i'm sticking to Dumex Mamex Gold. (i itchy backside wanna try NAN....but in the end...)

It's a little more than half a tin full...feel wasted to throw away. (Feel very stupid cuz I kept feeding her despite her discomfort. My mum scold me for changing FM)

Price: can just give me a token amount.

Huggies S44 (left with 33 pieces)
My bb outgrow liao .

Price: $10 (negotiable)

Drypers S64 - Brand New Pack
"over bought" but baby only used the 'free 4' samples and never got to use the rest before outgrowing.

Price: $10? (negotiable)

All items self-collect (depot road after 7pm, Telok Blangah Cres during work hours) or can meet up to pass central area after 7pm. (i don't work in city so if go in - after ERP.)
(Abit heavy to post diapers la..)

If NO TAKERS by tomorrow night, I'll post in WTE/WTS threads.

Back