(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

hweiz
i brought her 2 a neighbourhood salon but i called them 2 check if they do shaving off bb's hair at 4mths old. my regular hairstylist dun do it. her husband who is also a hairstylist, did it 4 my 2boys but he's out of town so i had 2 find an alternative.

bkkgal
abt 3-4mths for my boys. i cant comment for girls n also dun 4get, every bb is different. i know of my GFs who shaved their girls' heads at 4mths old n when e kids reached 1yrs old, still very lil hair.

kitsune,
hope u dun mind, i edited ur pic.

1416196.jpg

e part tat i circled is hind milk. ur hind milk is abt 20% of ur total EBM in tat pack. i've seen my GF's hind milk fill up 50% of e pack.

when did u weigh raeanne? stella also weighs 6kg last tues.

this morning pumped at 8am in the office. forgot to put in fridge. realised at 2pm and quickly put into cooler bag with ice pack. cannot drink already right?

sad... wasted my own effort and milk...

bx..i thought it is safe to leave pumped milk out for 6-8 hours? but after that still have to chill i dunno. quite confusing.

sad to say, after i return to work, i only BF her throughout night and morning before i go out. Plus lunchtime - depending on whether she wake up or not. If she sleepy, i just 'disurb' her sleep and let her latch on and HOPE she goes back to sleep after that or else my mum will have hard time. heh.

Good news is...she is somehow abit more independent n no need to carry all day long now. i haven't even started reading the tracy hoggs baby whisperer book! (Just borrowed from library)

lezy,
i oso read abt the 6-8 hrs. hmm... maybe i should taste the milk, if it's not sour then i give my ger. until now i still can't bear to throw it.

good that u stay near and can go home to latch. so no need to pump. i find it so hard to find time during work to pump.

lezy, bx
IMO lah, where did u get e info abt 6-8hrs fr? cos i checked wif a LC fr MAH b4, she said in spore's humid & hot weather, max 4hrs. e longer hrs r suited for those ang moh countries which hv cooler temps.

kelly,
i just went to search in the internet. some write 4 hrs, some write 6-8 hrs. my office airconditioned.

if the milk not smelly, does it mean it is still alright? spoilt milk will have sour smell izit?

bx
hard 2 tell 4 EBM cos 2 me lah, EBM always smells funny.

my GF also had e same situation as u. i gave e same advice. her office is aircon n she went home 2 feed her boy e EBM tat very nite. e boy was alright.

milk left at room temperature: if we leave our milk at room temperature for 4 hours, the milk is no longer warm. can we feed bb like that? or need to warm it?

bx,
since office is aircon. shouldn't be a problem.
u know what, my friend's nurse in malaysia said can pump out milk and feed baby all day long (no need to put in fridge and no need to warm up).
are we worrying too much? :p

yea very gek sim to pour away our milk especially bb doesnt want to finish them!!

so i always pour into his bath tub = milkbath.

tongtong,
haha.. my post just talk about your question.

i used the milk that leaked from my breast when latching to put into warm water and wash my face at night then later rinse with water. seems not bad le. :p

LV’S Goat’s Rue Batches 1, 2, 3 – GST $1.60 each
1) annabelle
2) garfield
3) bx PAID
4) happymum2b PAID
5) bkkgal
6) dor11 PAID
7) vine_gal
8) star70 PAID
9) jaslyn PAID
10) bluespark
11) xiaoyun PAID
12) artemis
13) eliaw
14) jeannie
15) kitsune
16) sweetpea
17) tongtong PAID
18) eileengoh
19) Thankful
20) yanyen

kelly,
i will feed my bb the milk later.

tong,
i will still warm up the milk b4 feeding.

xiaoyun,
ya, i think we worry too much. our babies r so well-protected.

Hi kelly,

Sorry for being blur but I don't remember ordering goat's rue. Please check and let me know if I really ordered and I will transfer the money to you. :p I only take supplements from USANA so if I really blur blur ordered anyone want to take over from me?

Hi dorothy,

As per your request, a picture of Danica from this morning.
1417089.jpg

<sigh> I am a super lousy mum. On Saturday, I left Danica on the changing table to finish pooping and went to get a drink of water. As I was drinking, I heard her cry very loudly. Thinking she was merely complaining, I walked into the room asking "Why complaining again? Poop finish already is it?" And she was not on the changing table! She was on the floor. At that moment my heart dropped to the floor too. She was howling away even after I rushed to pick her up. When she was still wailing after a minute when I carried her, I started crying too. Then when Danica saw me crying, she laughed. I was too shocked and called my HB. He immediately called my MIL as he was with a client. My PIL went with me to Danica's PD for a checkup. Miraculously, she only scratched her nose and a small area over her mouth. She also has 2 small bruises on her back. But the PD declared that she was healthy and fit and after 2 days, she is still her normal cheerful self. Thank God!

Mummies, learn the lesson, don't even leave them for a moment!

artemis
oh dear!! poor you and bb!! sometimes i want to dash to the toilet to just wash my hands and always pray that nothing happens while i'm gone. guess we all better be careful at this age...
thank goodness bb is ok, i'm sure you'll be ok too given some time
happy.gif

Artemis, you must be heart pain!

Now we have to be careful not to leave our bb alone cos sooner or later they will learn to flip. So we must be sure that they are in their cot cos anything just even 1 sec.

hi kelly, sorry for the delay. kept forgetting :p transfered already.

artemis, oh dear, poor danica. she must have found your crying so funny that she laughed. sometimes i oso prone to running out to get the phone or toilet. i try to remind myself to either put her in a safe place e.g. the cot or dun go at all. poor you, must have gotten such a shock!

To all contestants: vote liao!

hi,

may i know how to clean the middle of bb's tongue??
i can c white patch there,but i only manage to clean the tip of the tongue cos everytime she will "bite" and use her tongue to push my finger and cry,how??

kelly, sorry keep forgetting, have transferred, trans ref 1705474605. Wa, I only have 20% hindmilk, sounds low leh, what's the norm? RaeAnne is 6.015kg on 7 May, last Wed. :p

Xiaoyun, if you are checking, can let me know how much is a latex cot mattress? Mine is the Taurus cot from BB Kingdom, can convert to children's bed type.

artemis
oops! pai seh. i know a mummy hurriedly bought it fr me but i cant recall who. now i need 2 trace back e archives. *yawn* will do it 2mrw then.

kitsune
i heard tat'e e norm for most mummies...abt 20-30% hind milk. i only saw my GF who took usana biomega n got abt 50% hindmilk n she saw her GF too.

our bbs r of e same weight cos stella went last tues nite.

artemis
glad 2 hear tat danica is alright. i also planning 2 stop putting stella on a changing table once she's able 2 flip. bbs flip very fast n e height of a changing table is quite high.

Hi Iso,

My motto now is better be safe than sorry. She hasn't learned to flip yet. Just learned to use her legs to push herself around while lying down.

Hi ViNE_Gal,

Yeah, I am so heart pained... If anything had happened to her, I will never forgive myself.

Hi bkkgal,

When I told my HB, he somemore scare me by saying she fall until kuku already. ARGH!!!

I think Qoosan said CGW only managed to ship out on 7 May. http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/1318768.html?1209394012

Hi kelly,

Okay, you let me know about the goat's rue then. Danica doesn't know how to flip yet. She pushed her way to the tip of the changing table and fell from there. Luckily her cot was next to the changing table and my MIL speculated that it may have broken her fall. I just thank God that she is okay.

Back