(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

vinegal, i sure give u if my boy doesn want! hehe. the first pack in my fridge is dated 22nd mar. i will give him 2 weeks later and see whether he wants or not. we can keep frozen ebm for 3 mths right. will try to clear when reaching 2 mths

Yea tongtong max for ebm can keep is 3 mths. U try to give him ebm in order for him to get use to it. So once he is ok u can feed him and dun have to pass to me liao. =D

pinkie,
normally i apply baby lotion to my bb's face. regardless red red or ok. the pd ask me to keep her skin moisturised.

sweetpea,
u din see close up enuf. sometimes she's ok, sometimes she has breakouts.

bx
thats a good point...esp if any of your babies sleep in aircon alot. good to put moisturizer.
i beter make it a habit myself.
happy.gif

wow, away from 11am - 7pm and there were so many posts..

jac,
taken note of your revised order..
yes, everything is in order now..
happy.gif

ting,
u wan to order more stuff ? yes, still open..
let me hv your order list..

re: Milk volume
my gal is nw 11.5 wk and drinking 100ml..

re: bathing at night
instead of bathing, we wet wipe her at night..
will change to bathing her at night when she is older..

jeannie,
G looks so sweet with the oversized headband..
happy.gif

bkkgal/dor,
i hv the same feeling as u when i was abt to return to work during my son's time..
tis time round i really look forward to going back to work..
maybe the feeling of having to handle 2 kids compared to 1 is different..
not that i dun missed my gal, just that i felt kinda lost in touch with the outside world after resting at home for full 12 weeks..

watching the channel 8 qiang3 tan1 xing2 dong4 (the one where famous chefs help hawkers who are struggling to improve their food quality).

there's this stall selling laksa that apparently got into some feud with channel 8. i didn't catch what it's all about though. anyone here knows ah? sorry, trying my luck hee hee

vine gal
pneumococcal jab before 6 mths should be 4 jabs leh. how come need 6 jabs? the GP asked me to gv at 7th mth, so total 3 jabs, so can save $ for 1 jab.

m mummy
for me, i don't sterilise pumping equipment when i pump in the office. i would use the hot water to rinse before pump.

happymum
your gal is another pretty one!

jeannie
your gal so cute, chubby!

re: neonatal acne
can anyone tell me what's this?

dor
same here. and before i go to work, i need to bring my boy to my mil's place to let both of them get used to each other. feeling sian... i hope my mil can cope with 2.

Gar, haha, I watched it just now. The laksa stall owner changed the stall signage and reverted to his old recipe after the programme. When the hosts confronted him, he argued then ignore them.

Got fire at neighbouring block, drama man... A lot of onlookers, can't see the fire but got smoke. :p

Lezy, we used to bathe our gal once in the morning and wipe down in evening. But weather too hot, asked MIL to bathe in evening too nowadays.

Bkkgal/Gar, told hubby about my unhappiness and told him to talk to MIL liao. Don't know whether he said anything, I concentrate on washing and sterilising my pump parts once reach MIL house. My gal fussed from 8-9pm, latched on at 730pm, sleeping now. Told him if situation don't improve, I don't want to work liao, so stressful. Then he say quit lor, hire maid also ok. But I scared if I quit, it'll be 'yi shi chong dong', regret later. So hope for the best for now lor. :p

pinkie,
old stock i throw away oredi...i keep just for the sake of keeping in case needed but for now i won't be giving my son the ebm. maybe it will be wasted but dun care :p i'm also stocking 2 packets a day roughly but using 1 packet directly during the day for bottle feeding my son...

vine,
hehe...waiting to hear from you leh...i throw away all the march stock, now only have april but i can pass you half of the april stock...i dun mind since i'm not using and won't be using anytime soon
happy.gif
this sat i'll only be home in the afternoon i think...morning need to go out so msg me first ok !

mummies
when you do dream feed, means you will wake bb up to feed right? then what time do they wake up again after that?
i find that the "first" time my bb sleeps, he will sleep for longer. after that he will wake up at 4hr intervals. so i'm reluctant to wake him for dreamfeed, otherwise sure kana 4hrs later...

iso,
i tried dream feed twice and both times my baby just close his eyes and latch ! hahaha...i find it quite cute that he can suck with his eyes closed then after finish he'll just let go and sleep again :p

M Mummy,
re: frozen EBM
i tried tasting the frozen EBM today - it tastes like vomit!!
threw them away liaoz - need to "stock-take" everything tomorrow...
now i'm not veri motivated to express liao... sigh

re: sterilizing
i bought microwave sterilizer bags for use in office, though i'm still on maternity leave...
from medela, can use for up to 20times!
happy.gif

http://www.medela.com/ISBD/breastfeeding/products/quickcleanbags.php

sweetpea,
tastes like vomit right? i almost puked when i tasted a drop!!

happymum2b,
your girl veri cute... i like her bow and her little smile
happy.gif

oh, so dreamfeed is waking bb up to feed?
i dun leh... my boy standard 9+ last feed, afterwhich i put him in cot and he'll sleep throughout till 7+ next day... normal mah?

re: Barney
amy,
i've got a discount code for the Barney show - 15% discount. No need minimum number of tickets.
you want?

re: JL sale
I went this morning.
Pigeon and Avent has 20% discount.
saw a lady nearly wipe out the stocks for Pigeon wipes and Kodomo laundry detergent and lots lots of Drypers.

re: bb sleep daytime
kitsune,
no choice. MIL not be able to keep playing and talking to bb. if bb never sleep, they can't do their own thing.
my MIL always make bb sleep after each feed. then when bb sleeps soundly, she won't wake her up to change cloth diaper/feed her. Just let her sleep until she wake up.
hubby kept telling her that bb sleep so much during day time, we will then suffer. MIL said bb is like that one, need to sleep a lot. >.<
I no choice, just to pray hard that bb will be guai guai at night lo.

I remember there's a program of the Channel 8/U - 'wo3 bu2 shi4 bu4 ting1 hua4'. A boy always doesn't want to sleep at night cos the grandparents let him slept too much during day time. The consultant actually asked the mother to bring the boy to play outside in the late afternoon. Then the situation did improve.
However, it's really hard to make a decision to be a SAHM and rely on single income.

tute, cheryl,
oh ok
happy.gif
sometimes in the middle of the night he will cry for milk and drink with is eyes closed also, then go back to sleep.. cute hor!

pinkie
u so lucky! so far i only as lucky as sleep from 10 to 530 (altho last feed can be 8+, 9).

Xiaoyun, actually my MIL has PIL who is retired to help her. And PIL is the one who cooks and does the housechores although MIL does wash bb clothes. Don't understand why have to keep making bb sleep, they always scared she'll be overtired and fuss lor. You know after BB born, I only visited my mum once leh. So busy, plus my mum can't really help with BB cos I was looked after by grandma. Sigh, life really changed, still trying to find a balance. Don't think I'll quit lar, also scared my hubby say say only, if I really quit then he regret and blame me. :p

Hi Happy, below are my orders

NICK: Vine_gal
HP no.: u have it
Email add: [email protected]

Item name: Pieced Graphic Rashguards for Baby
URL:http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=40172&amp;pid=574894
Color: White
Alternative in case of OOS : Medium Green
Quantity: 1
Price (USD)= 10.00
Price (SGD)= Price (USD6.00)x 1.41 = S$14.10

Item name: Surf-Graphic Bodysuits for Baby
URL : http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=6177&amp;pid=566779
Size: 6-12 mths
Color: Oxygen
Alternative in case of OOS : Chambray Blue
Quantity: 1
Price (USD)= 10.00
Price (SGD)= Price (USD6.00)x 1.41 = S$14.10

Total - $14.10 + $14.10 = $28.20

kitsune,
can understand how you feel. I was quite frustrated last time when I saw bb sleep so much and didn't drink enough and didn't change diaper as frequent as I expected. I was so pek check when I saw my gal developed diaper rash because of that. but then, you got to understand that what they can do with bb beside letting her sleep?
my strategy now is to try my method first, then keep psycho her my method works. for the diaper rash problem, i manage to clear it by change cloth diaper frequent enough - even when bb sleeps. with the proven solution, she will then slowly follow.

bx,
update you on the lunch jar.
it can't be used to keep water warm.
the 0.9L one is actually quite small. In the end, I didn't buy it.

xiaoyun/kitsune,
actually, my boy sleeps quite a lot in the day, almost after every 3hrly feed he'll sleep for about an hour or so. but he doesn't have any problems sleeping at night (usually by 10pm till about 7am) *touch wood*
and the older generation always say, bb only grow "fat" by sleeping, not feeding... not sure how true this is - but we're brought up like that isn't it?
happy.gif

Wah...this thread is really running fast.

Xiaoyun, can share the code? Me keen on the Barney show. TIA...
kao_cheers.gif

Tongtong, yup...it's muar.
happy.gif
Which lady would you be?

Lezy, I bathe her in the early evenings. Use a different bath though. She likes the Lavender Aromotheraphy or the Tired and Cranky Baby Bath from California Baby. Got them from my Drugstore sprees whenever there's offer.

Garfield, you wan the tune, I can sing via phone but dun laugh at my monotonous voice hor...
biggrin.gif
Then I will share some more w you.
kao_blush.gif

mommies who's currently BF, when are you targeting to stop?
happy.gif

me found out the 'harsh fact' about frozen EBM, maybe wanna cut short liaoz...

xiaoyun,
cos initially i planned to BF for 6mos, and after that let my boy take frozen EBM but seems like can't work...
haven't checked my frozen stock to see how many more bottles are fishy. throwing them out liaoz
sad.gif

kelly,
wow... salute you!
btw you FTWM too?

p1nk1e,
why is that so? afraid that he bites after 6 months?
frozen EBM can only keep 3 months. how to let your boy take for another 6 months?

xiaoyun,
no lah..not scared he bite..
i have stocked up so much frozen ebm so that i can let him clear them, while i store again, which can last another 3mos.
now that he doesn't take frozen, means i have to keep BF lor... dunno leh, suddenly feel a bit 'luan' now

xiaoyun,
guess juz feeling sian as things didn't work out as planned...
i actually luv latching on too...
need a few days to think bah... hope my supply dun drop, cos really no mood to express liao
sad.gif

p1nk1e, I advocate breastfeeding. Managed 1st one for abt 10 months, 2nd one for 14 months before milk supply diminished due to work stress and overload. Now for my gal, I hope to go as far as I can...my colleagues had done that for 3 years and 7 years respectively. So envious of them. Dun know how they can do it.
happy.gif

I ever stored my breastmilk for 4 mths and they are still alright. What I did is to make sure the milk packs go into airtight containers and in a compartment of its own to prevent risk of contamination. I filled up my mum and sis's freezer until they encouraged me to get a stand alone freezer. Now this freezer is already 2 drawers filled with 2 drawers left...
kao_biggrin.gif

lezy,
glad for you that yr mom is helping! very touched by their sacrifice hor *sniff sniff* mother's day coming, must show appreciation

kitsune,
agree with bkkgal that your lao gong sounds supportive. i got one more subtle way - you borrow or buy this book on games to play with babies (all the way from birth to 1 yr so worth investinig) and tell MIL to play with bb cos it helps bb with development.

my MIL also i headache. ask her to come and help my mom, end up only want to carry and play with bb when she's in good mood. the moment cry hard will pass back to my mom. i term her a "fair weather caregiver" which i dun need haha =P ask her to talk to bb, end up she only know how to call "baby baby" and make funny noises. but then she very talkative to my mom keep talking non stop.

my mom different - tell her talk to bb she actually hunt for nusery rhyme books, learn how to sing songs etc.

fed up i bought book on baby games for MIL, told mum to read and teach MIL how to play. also told MIL just now how to talk to baby...like describe what you are doing (eg. when changing), describe her toys, blah blah blah.

Amy,
promise i won't laugh
biggrin.gif
i PM you my number you can call me during afternoons (after 130pm cos i work halfday in the mng) or at night

Happy,
E looks so sweet with the hairband!

amy,
i also dunno what i did wrong
sad.gif

i store them in bottles/bags and keep them in the freezer, which is a separate compartment
never tasted fresh EBM before but i can't bear to let my boy drink the frozen EBM again cos he looked so pitiful when i fed him yesterday and today
sad.gif

Wanna try fenugreek if your milk supply is low? I recommend to some friends and it worked for them. Now I bought the tea and fenugreek seeds to standby in case my supply is in danger zone...talked abt being 'kiasu'...

thanks pp.. i like my ger;s chubby cheeks also.. hope will not shrink so soon.. :p

Pinkie.. aiyoh.. so scary.. really taste so bad?? U tasted the ebm stored for how long?Tmr i flying off liao.. stored quite a bit borought to my in law place.. skali she doesnt like how..

Pinkie.. i think i can understand.. it very troublesme to pump.. i also quite lazy actually.. but at least ur ger still wnats to latch on. Mine does not want at all.. and like what xiaoyun says babies are more responsive now and more fun to latch on.. i agree too. Fo my next baby.. i must latch on!!

happymum.. erlene looks so pretty.. like an angel in that hairband.. BTw.. this hairband is not from the batch u ordered for us rite.. caus ei haven got my clips yet.. but anyway.. she does not have much hair also lah..

xiaoyun,
i agree that now more fun to latch on. i cherish every opportunity to latch now!!

p1nk1e,
maybe you want to try again? sometimes babies have moods (like adults), so it may not be anything wrong with frozen EBM.

amy,
wow your ss is bountiful!! i can only set aside 150ml per day after fulfilling bb's needs for the day.

iso.. i dun wake babies up during dream feed.. just feed when they sleeping.. i will only feed when she starts to fidget.. for eg.. when she sleepa at abt 10 + she may wake up at 1 am and then 4 am and then till 7 +. sometimes like urs sleep 4 hrs interval.. but bo pian.. at least she contines to sleep.. just need to feed a few more times i guess.

let's see, we try to troubleshoot...

1) Milk stored in proper milkbags?

2) Water used for thawing is not superhot boiled water?

3) U see a rich yellow layer above it? Means that you added something unsuitable on that day u froze that pack

Let me think what else...

Garfield
Wat is the title of the book you bought? Can get borders disc? I'm oso wondering how to teach my mom to play with K.

Kitsune/Xiaoyun/pinkie
probably in the old days pp just feed bb and let them sleep. i find that my mom just wants to keep doing that feed and sleep feed and sleep. I limited her to less than 4 hours of naptime for my bb. Told her that if bb can't sleep at night, i'll know for sure that she has slept more than 4 hours! muahahaha. the prob i find is they dunno how to talk/play with bb. My mom always finding things to "do" to my baby like cutting her fingernails, trying to get piece of nose shit out, cleaning her ears, trying clothes on for her (like a doll like that!). Or dump her under the playgym for hours. Is it healthy for development har? whole day i keep hearing the same tunes over and over again oso sian, what more the baby who has to sit under the playgym and stare at the same toys???

frozen ebm
i tried some frozen ebm and found there's a metallic taste but other than that it was ok. actually i find the smell and taste of formula even more yucky leh. i didn't know we have to store in a separate compartment in the freezer...so far i've been freezing flatpacked ebm and then stacking them together.

nowadays enjoy latching bb more and more, esp since i bu she de leaving her at home and going to work. latching times are so precious to me.

FTWMs, do you all pump and latch bb for night feeds? Means you have to wake up at least 1 time to pump and another time to feed? Can manage to go to work alright? Not zombie?

bkkgal,
the book is Games to Play with Children by Jackie Silberg. pretty good reviews from amazon. and very easy games too...dun need any props one keke...!!

i have a lot of things to say/play with bb leh, dunno why the old folks can't find hor =P

after each feed A will have activity time (unless she didn't nap after the previous feed then she will want to zzzz), i told my mom to alternate - one activity time to talk and play with her, the next activity time to leave her alone to explore the colour pics and listen to music. cos i find that A wants to be "left alone" some of the time. she can lie there by herself up to an hr!! maybe she needs ME TIME too

agree with the latching 100%!!! initially i was thinking can BF 4 months very good already. now i want to latch on for as long as i can.

i'm not FTWM yet, so cannot comment on being a zombie. as a HTWM it's ok so far. some more i got to do housework....but not sure as FTWM will peng sun or not!

Another thing is to refrain from using rubber bands to tie the milkbags up. Rubber reacts under conditions of temperature.

Bkk, what they need now is that 'monotony', we just can't come to terms w it...
kao_biggrin.gif

Hi mommies
I've returned to work already and has planned to stop breastfeeding cos of insufficient time. How do I reduce/stop my milk supply? I tried not to pump for a day and both breasts felt as hard as stone, so no choice i gotta pump out watever is in there but not much lei... how do i stop the milk supply? i hate lumpy breasts lei...
sad.gif

My menses gone totally haywire after child birth. menses came for 8 days, stopped and then 3 days later came back again with extremely heavy flow till i feel faint*. Is this normal? should i c my gynae abt this or should i jus wait n c?

Back