(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

Now I bringing bb to pd, fever still comes n goes since last tue. Oso still Lao sai.

Naf
U pv or alumi? Red swastika is gd sch.
#2 at home makes a lot of noise, bb can't nap. I oso no time to play with him, he becomes restless. Then oso no time for bb. This yr I really become sahm!!! Last yr I had the car, always gg out cos my maid can handle #2. Now I stuck at home
sad.gif

Kitsune
RA sucks thumb is a kind or regression. But a passing phase lor.

Steph
U always part tor and supper, u got more ideas than us Liao lah! I no time for part tor now. My breasts oso on loan to another 'man'

At gp clinic now, waiting to see dr cos caught flu bug from Raeanne. :p

Manuka chan, you should make appt to see Kk LC. Just taking med very slow n may affect supply. Check if Yen Ping is still there. She is good, very efficient in clearing blocked ducts. Other wise, u can also call n make appt w Tmc parentcraft. They r also very nice, more gentle than Kk.

Mom2nat, ya lor, think she is trying to get more attention. :p

Steph, pak tor ah, so nice, long time I never do that. :p

Grumpus, my girl does that at times too...boo here n there...U have met cherrry too?
happy.gif
I know there is a Wed gathering but can't join as eldest having berries class that day...

Blackbatz/krystle, my hb is old boys...and I was fr Ngee Ann...cuz Ngee Ann pri is affliated with Ngee Ann Sec and heard tat is a good school so prefer that...

Mom2nat, I just changed my boys timing to 1130am -230pm...mad rush n bb woke up fr 830am till now dun wan sleep n kept crying for me to carry

Naf, my hubby is one of the pioneer batch for Ngee Ann pri too. I like that school too, if alumni, no need to be pv right? but too bad it's too faraway from home. :p

Naf,
Yes there's an ongoing wed gathering. It used to be on mon n I used to join very regularly cos my mum can help me look after #1.
But ever since they moved it to wed, I find it hard to join them. Hv to lug both kids with me very tiring la. Plus #1 hv to go with me straight after school so usually she's tired too.

Mom2Nat,
LOL on your breast comments. Your hubby must be feeling very sad about it. :p

Steph,
I think what you stated are most of the pak tor activities... How about a swim? I used to swim alot with hubby before we got married. How about Eat afternoon tea or high tea???

Kitsune,
Hope you get well soon.
I am sick and down with diarrhea. Today on MC but still need to clear emails coz have not touched my office laptop since last Wed... Emails are piling...

Thanks, krystle, this week I am going to ask mil to bring Raelynn back quite often to ease her in cos I am starting my internal course next tues to fri then officially start work Liao. Mil will have to be main Bbsitter Liao. :p

hello all!

Back to the routine :) Everything went unexpectedly well, I enjoyed my stay in the hotel, enjoyed the total free nights, with too much time to spend. Everything was well except the coming back flight, such a bad schedule, departed at close to 12midnight India time, can hardly sleep on the plane (4 hours flight), and arrived Changi at 630am, reached home close to 8am, totally exhausted, all the rest and energy gained that week had gone :-( Luckily my parents are still around, I could still catch some cat naps here and there.

Yesterday brought the kids to bird park, again, and we enjoyed it very very much! But made me tired to the max, spent 6 hours there!

krystle,
Aiyoh, like that it really became an pretty ex show hor. A friend of mine is going to watch the Lion King this month, if she can get pass the check without buying a tix for her 3.5yo (same size as HR), I am almost certain going for the Lion King liao.

steph,
So nice! Even can plan your pak-tor ahead of time. When we took leave to go pak-toring, we usually go for movie also, and a quiet meal, and lots of talking. To me, the activities don't matter, just to be able to enjoy each other's accompany :) Worse is to have a quarrel and ruin everything, which happened to us before ;-( Think krystle's suggestion is good - go for a high tea/afternoon tea?

krystle / kitsune,
Hope you get well soon!

Hi Pauline

thanks for the reply. I went to TMC PArentcraft this am and managed to clear the blocked duct. It was very painful when the LC massaged.

Hope u get well soon!

kitsune,
get well soon from the flu bug!
pak tor don't have to be whole day affair, having 1 hr meal time together w/o the kids also nice leh! At least yr hb sleep beside u at night, i dun even see my hubby at night cos he bunk in with my boy
sad.gif
not healthy i know so we hope to train the boy/s to sleep on their own soon. For now, i am happy cos Z finally wean off his pacifier for the past week! hurray!

krystle,
u too, get well soon!
swimming ah...i am ok but hb not v keen, he prefer to catch up on his sleep n nua in bed or simply go for body massage/foot reflexology together...when he is with his buddies, he can arrange drinking session (wine) or fishing activity 1 or 2 days in advance! crazy right...man!

Kam,
welcome back!
yeah i agree, the activities doesn't matter, dun end up quarrel for nothing etc...it happened to us too! But now old liao, no energy to quarrel..hehe...except talk about holidays plan in 2012 and preparation for the chalet we booked for the boys in Jan 2012! so excited!
For high tea buffet, not a big fan but good Dim Sum sounds nice!
happy.gif

Thanks, Kam and welcome back. I'm sure your hubby missed you very much after 1 week of managing the kids w/o you.
happy.gif

Steph, no lor, my hubby always KO with Raelynn in the living room cos she is usually too noisy for me to put her to bed with RA in the kids' room. I will try and wake him up after both kids sleep but after a few times, I'll just give up and let him continue to sleep on the living room bumper mat while I go back and sleep in our room. :p

steph / krystle,
Thanks for the welcoming :) Nah, it's not too taxing on my hub cos my parents are around. When he reached home, kids were already fed and showered, ready to go to bed, so he just needed to put them to bed. But I was surprised that the kids were very cooperative. They even took school bus after cc.

My hub slept in another room till a few months when my girl started to sleep well at night. Now he sleeps on a single mattress on the floor. Initial plan was to let HR to sleep on the mattress on the floor. But he often came up to squeeze in between us to find me. Ended disrupted hub's sleep, so he volunteered to sleep on the floor. Well, at least in the same room :p I don't think I am ready to seperate from the kids yet, though I do miss hugging my hub to sleep very much. Another 2-3 years bah, maybe do it before HR goes to primary.

steph,
Dim sum ah. I went for a Dim Sum lunch with some girl friends a couple of months back. The dim sum is pretty good. Not buffet style though. It's the 阿一福临酒家 at Grand Pacific (previously Allson Hotel).

kam/kitsune,
i think my hubby enjoyed sleeping alone with my boy!
sad.gif

i am upsad by a whatsapp msg from hb
sad.gif
damn spoilt my mood for tmrl.

kam, hehe, I think the kids must have enjoyed having Baba to put them to bed for once. Hope he can knock off work earlier in future then you can relax more at night.

Steph, what happened? He wants to cancel date tom ah?

Kitsune,
Our date still on, just that I am not his priority
sad.gif
He wanna go on a 2D1N golf trip with his friends. He offered to ask me join his trip so while he play, I can go for spa! That's not the point cos ideally we can't go away on wkend cos my in law refused to babysit our boys
sad.gif
well, in the end he decided to give it a miss. I hope he get to see my point!

Kam,
Welcome back! Glad that it was a smooth biz trip.
It is also good that your parents are here so your kids are in very good hands, nothing to worry for.
Geez, you are such power mummy. Every weekend goes out for 6 hrs one... I will get tired even if I bring my kids out for 3 hr only.

Steph,
I think your hubby is the type of guy who maintain very close friendship with guys friends. Some guys are like that one... Well, at least he tried to include you in the activities. Just tell him you prefer a couple time with him, I am sure he will accomodate to that.

My own bro also jio my hubby for 1 day golf to Malaysia/Indonesia during weekends. I am normally ok with it lah and ask him to go. but most of time, my hubby rejected coz he wants to help to look after the kids.

Well, this reminds me of the couple golf time I used to have too before I deliver #1... Sort of miss it too...
sad.gif

About sleeping separately, now my boy is still sleeping in between hubby and me on queen size bed. My girl is on the single mattress next to us.
sad.gif
Really miss having the bed just for 2 of us leh... I am quite evil, wondering if I can just put both kids in next room to sleep next year...

Kam,
BTW, I would love to watch Lion King too... Now waiting if got any lobang to watch. Hahahaha...
But is our kid too young for the show???
If watching Lion King, I think will only watch with hubby bah...
My bro brought my 10 year old nephew to watch and after 30mins into the show, he asked to go home. LOL...

Ya loh, the Disney show is exp...
sad.gif
But becoz it is of musical type (different from Disney on Ice) so give it a try. Anyway, treat it as a birthday treat for my boy.

Krystle, not evil lar, I also leave RA n RL to sleep in their own room. but only problem is must still lie beside them till they fall asleep. If RA wakes up cos want to pee, she will still come to our room to look for us. :p

Haiz... My T so poor thing. Every 2-3 days poo like child birth leh. Then recently got blood again.
sad.gif
it has been many mths without blood le.

Steph ! U and your hubby pator most among us leh :p. Think 2nd is krystle. Lolz. I like krystle's suggestion of swimming ! I love to swim and last time w/o kids will sure go swimming. Now I'm stuck at children's pool lor.

U know what? Last nite T told me. Mummy I dont want to sleep with you. I want auntie to sleep with me
sad.gif
so hurting lor but I ignore him.

Chaye,
You ranked me as 2nd?? Sure or not??? Hahhaha...
Maybe recently hubby and I took a few days leave so gave you that impression we pak tor alot?

I like swimming even now but like what you said, sucked in toddler's pool (not even children's pool loh).. so shallow and I am practically walking in the pool, not even swimming.
Last time can swim 20 laps, now can't even do 1 lap..
sad.gif
That is why growing fatter, unhealthier...

I am sure T does not mean it lah, kids say things out of no reason at times.

Kitsune,
I see. At least you have started training them. Soon, RA will be able to sleep thru w/o waking up to pee. Our kids are still small, I don't feel safe to let them use toilet by themselves yet. So it is also good that she goes to you for help.

Chaye,
Do you want to try TCM for T about the constipation issue? My girl had bad constipation last year and she had phobia pooing. After my MIL brings her to TCM for massage regularly, I see her condition is better...

Krystle, I bought the step up toilet seat from BP so I think letting her go and pee on her own is quite safe if we leave the seat on the toilet at night. But she is too manja lar, will still want us to help her. She can wipe herself after peeing though.
happy.gif

mummies im back!!!!!!
yesterday morning wakie and my head was spinning...err nope, the room was spinning!
i tot no sleep, coz x2 wakie at 3.19am to play (3.19 coz i looked at my hp and groan)...but then the spinning got worse. its so bad that i kept throwing up, motion sickness har!

in the end went to gp, i have vertigo! ive heard of it but never knew it will happened to me...i suspected vertigo and i tried to shake my head to get the ears balanced again, but i no pro lar,,,,shake liao lagi dizzy

had a shot to stop the dizziness and the vomiting. i lost count how many # ive vomited. my mom had to support me to the clinic....super mah lu

LOL@mom2nat too....my boobs only x2 touched all these while. hands off to the "men" in the family liao

krystle
the counselor i've seen encouraged me to split the kids away from the room. she (as a professional counselor specializing in children-parent issues) says that research shows that family dynamics gets better as couple get to spend couple time and kids get the security that papa & mama is a team...
i am slowly trying to get x1 to sleep in the playroom once x2 gets older...by then both of them have to sleep in the room. else, at most x2 sleeps with maid so that maid can check on her since she is still young

my target by end of next year. long way to go but hope to hit this KPI

steph
i have lots of activities as your hb too so now i know why my hb is so upset that i keep running out with my friends....but to me, my friends are equally important leh. but to others, it simply seems like im not keen in the family. but not true! u see how commited i am to my kids?

hmmmmmmm

naf
i no give u advice lar, only tell u to cool down. having 3 kids around you is no JOKE, me 2 oredi waving many white flagsSSSSSSssssSSSss...so very kudos to you and mom2nat
btw i think crux of prob still lies with #1 lor. leader of the pack - that has to be resolved. then things will fall into place naturally i.e. #2 stop nonsense n all
jiayou!

yesterday x1 pee-ed on the bed. for the first time after he successfully completed his diaperless operation. im proud. coz it's the first time since 2 months. very good ratio (i feel)...
i think its coz yest he had cereal, went to brush teeth + pee, went to sleep. half hr later stand up on the bed and cry, want to eat biscuits. pengsan....
in the end hb brought him to kitchen to eat the boro biscuits + drink water. afterthat no pee, must be too much for him to tahan

he woke up at 11+ and told us he wet the bed so we didnt scold him coz he pee abit on the protector and on his shorts, the rest he chop chop go to toilet to release himself

i still put the protector onto on his bedsheets, i scared leh wahahahah

chaye
can try tuina for T for the constipation....i heard tuina is good for such issues...i think that very famous tuina shop (whom alot of march2011 mummies bring their BABIES to!) is in the east. keen, u whatsapp me, i go look for the shop address

Morning, Pixie.

I think your consultant is right. Long term co-sleeping is definitely not good for couple and the kids tend to rely more on us. But the thing is both my kids, will cry even if we left the room.. And currently their room is full of toys and other junks. Think will put them there until I have properly buy beds for both of them and give them a decent space to sleep. I also hope by next year. We both JIAYOU to hit our KPI.

Talking abt diaperless at night, my girl never had much accidents even though I still put diaper on her. Just now asked her if she wants go diaperless... She said tonight can but tmr wants diaper again... faints... But I see some urine stains recently on the diaper so maybe not that ready yet...
sad.gif

CHaye,
You can consider Pixie's suggestion of tuina. I think it may be a good try.

Pixie
I m ard, but using iPhone to read, v hard to scroll to read n reply. Oso v busy, can only skim thru.

Yest brot bb to pd, he said maybe bacteria infection, salmonella. When stool test out we will know. He laosai a week Liao.

morning mummies

Pixie you are back ! Welcome back. Is it Yu Guo that you trying to recommend me ? At Kembangan. I went there before for #1 many years ago and always very crowded and wait wait wait. Went there a few times but I dont really like there lor.

mom2nat
how bb contracted with salmonella ??? poor bb. you take care too ya.

Re: sleeping
I wish that T can sleep on his own every night but he always sing aloud, stand up fight with his own pillow and talk to himself. By the time he falls asleep on his own is 11.30pm. But with me lying beside him I can control him and he can at least fall asleep faster say 11pm. If he really cannot sleep, he will ask the maid to sleep with him. I rather do the job myself ! I dun like him to sleep with another woman. kekeke.

mylife
wah HK is so cold in dec ? 10c I got to put a lot of clothes for the kids if I wanna go HK. Any mummies planning where to go year end ? I'm thinking to go somewhere that is not so cold in Dec but seems like everywhere is cold except for Australia !

hello mommies!

i'm flying back to SG next wed! Haha, impromptu trip lah. Hubby got biz trip back so i'll tag along with rylee. So it's just from 27july to 31july (sunday). Any free SAHM mommies wanna meet up on thurs or fri?

And any orders from HK? Steph? Pixie?

chaye
sometimes only lah. Got cold periods.

blackbatz
hahahahahaha, it's nothing like the drama serials...more similar to what u see everyday in Sg lah

Mylife
Where do u stay when u come back?

Chaye
Thanks. Not confirm bb catch tat, suspect only. Cos fever n diarrhea 6 days.
My maid used to pat Elliot to bed. Soon I stopped it. Only sit and watch, then later I told her go out. So now the 2 kids sleep on their own. Usually 1 then another or else they will monkeynwith each other. At least I dun have to worry too much bat this.

mom2nat
we will be staying at four seasons hotel in orchard
happy.gif

wahhhh i can only dream of your sleeping arrangement with ur kids wor. I used to nurse rylee to sleep, then i hugged her lying down. THAT was a major improvement to me liao. But i ended up sleeping and then jolted awake in the middle of the night. Now i am trying to sit next to her and she will sleep. Thats the best i can do liao...i dunno how to proceed to next step of going out and letting her sleep...cos she will protests and cry
sad.gif

yah where is everybody?
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

How's everyone. Hope everyone is doing well. =)

I need to get some advise from mummies here.
Actually i have a very very hard time teaching Gwen to recgonize alphabets. I've been teaching her since she's 2.5 yo. of cos i dun expect her to noe it rite away. I am taking it step by step. But till now, she can only recgonize O and W. The rest, she cannot recgnize.
Among her peers, She is slow in speech and also have difficulties rhyming nursery rhymes. Although I did see some improvement now compared to last yr. When my mum taught her how to write 123, she will write 132. Sometimes, she will have difficulties expressing herself when she wan to tell me something, she will talk halfway and Jam there.. dunno how to continue.
She also jumbled up her sentence when she speaks. e.g Instead of "Daddy 带我去gaigai", she will say "gaigai..Daddy 带我去"
Other than the above, every thing seems alright, she can recgonize animals, objects.. etc. All except Alphabets.
Recently I came across this Dyslexia word and went online to search for it. Then I realise this is a term to define learning disability, although it is too early to give her a full assessment now, but it seems like she is having the same symptoms of a Dyslexia child.
At first, I thought it might just be a learning phase and it will pass, but now I'm starting to get quite worried and end up giving more pressure on her and myself. There's a period of time when she is very phobia of ABC, whenever i say Mummy teach u alphabets, she'll either escape or tell me she wan to slp already or she wans to watch tv. I've tried alot of ways, flashcards, sticking the ABC on the walls, DVD and recently i downloaded a few iphone apps just for her to learn and play. Bt after that, she'll forget everything again. Oh I also give a flash cards with animals/objects, i.e A Apple, B Banana.. she ended up telling me the objects but not the Alphabets.
Can mummies pls share with me how you teach yr child to recgonise Alphabets pls? Or am i just too paranoid? Is this just a phase that will be gone soon?

Yvonne,
Hmm maybe u want to seek professional help to get Gwen assessed? I hv a friend who's child is 3 n has speech delays. She barely speaks a few words.
She got her assessed n confirm that she does hv some speech delays. Now she sees professional speech therapists who work within her n also teach the parents how to teach the child.
I think it's not so much of labeling the child but just ensuring tat she gets the help she needs.

Mom2nat, hope Bb gets well soon.

Yvonne, RaeAnne can only recognize a few alphabets, she can't write any number except one n she always stumbles when talking by jumbling up the sequence or cos she can't find the word she wants to use. I thought quite normal cos so far her cc never complain. :p

Mummies,
Damn Xian. I've been down with high fever since sat. Take panadol, aft one hr sweat like mad then feel better. But 3-4hrs later fever creeps back n I feel like crap.
Just did blood test today to see if it's viral, bacterial or dengue. Results will be out this evening. I am soooooo tired now. Still hv 2 kids at home, #2 running out of milk already I think cos can feel my boobs super flat Liao

Thanks Grumpus, yes, i feel tat she might need some help, not only her, i tink i need help too.
I dunno wr to start and dunno where to look for professional help. Im like.. Blank and Stucked.
Her problems with speech is already improving.. can quarrel with us already.. jus tat sometimes, she will still jumble up her sentence and sometimes she takes times to express herself.
The main problem now is recgonizing ABC. I really dunno how to start. Am i too paranoid?

Mylife
Wah, 4 seasons!! Nice
happy.gif

You can try this. U sit there a while, then give some excuse, u need toilet or need take something n go out, then tell come back say she v GD gal, v brave. So after a few tries, u go outside longer n longer. But if she upset, u sit there again lor. I think after a while she will get used to the idea of u leaving the room. Or try daddy put her to bed.
Usually 1st child tends to b sticky, ESP gal.

Yvonne,
I dun think u're being paranoid lei. I mean if u haven't really been teaching her then of cos understandable if she doesn't know much. But from wat u say, sounds like u've already tried all ways n means n for quite awhile but still getting no where. It must be very frustrating. Although it's not a requirement for child at 3 to recognize alphabets but if u've been putting in effort to teach but she still dunno, I would say tat indicates help needed.

Kk has an early intervention dept. Maybe u can to ask more?
http://www.kkh.com.sg/Services/Children/ChildDevelopment/Pages/Home.aspx
Maybe they will it's nothing, at least u'll feel reassured

Grumpus
U wan some frozen milk?
I feel my tummy still aching again... Dunno why.
If ur fever so persistent, maybe bacteria. Poor u.

Yvonne
Isit v impt to recognize abc? Did u ask sch tcr? If she is doing other things well, then dun worry abt abc. If in general she is v slow, u can consider asking pd to access or recommend help. But dun be too worried, she is only 3!!

Hi Pauline,

Really,, same as Gwen? So means im jus too over paranoid. Xie xie ni.. im really relieved to hear that.
I always hear parents telling me that their children who's so much younger than Gwen can read ABC, but mine cant.. so i thought maybe its time to teach her. Who noes it backfired.

Grumpus.. u r rite lor.. i really tried hard u noe.. very fustrated. I just wan to be reassured. Thanks for the link.

Mom2nat.. Xie xie ni. i will try to implant this in my mind "She is only 3". I will always remind myself this. I really dunno is it important or not. Im very luan.. u noe wen send them to sch.. then parents tok to each other.. then i heard. So i also monkey see monkey do... (Not saying they monkey.. u noe wat i mean rite.)

Grumpus
I have 74pkts till date, march finally cleared now hitting april batch, u want also can get frm me. Get well soon! Its not ez to look after 2 with high fever...ur parents helping?

Yvonne
My boy knows his ABCs and 123s long time ago, but he couldnt speak in sentences last year, i also worried....
Any child after 3yo with parents suspecting something, should bring for a check...like what grumpus said, kkh have. tmc also have. Yvonnelim posted the tmc link before for her B mah
Ur case sounds like my sis gal. She dun recognise abc...she is almost 4yo!
She went to tmc coz i gave her yvonnelim's link n doc say got prob, need to go for next detailed test to cfm which part of her got prob...coz apart from not recognisng abs, she cannot concentrate or focus and is super hyper. When i say super hyper, i mean it...

Chaye
Yes yu guo is good leh i heard. Queue is long but worth it...my mummy friends who went say over long term got good progress

Mylife
I wanted u to help me look for a makeup in hkg but its going to be tricky not sure if u can help me, coz its old kind, oredi new n improved versions came out but i still like the original one...can u help me? Btw im off every friday...sure can meet u on fri!!! We can catch up, miss uuuuuu

Mom2nat, pixie,
Thanks for the offer! Blood test confirm dengue. Right now I'm still trying to nurse as much as I can. Will kiv and take from u if really Bo pian. Thanks!

Back