(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

grumpus / pixie,
Some cinema very strict. Some not. Depending bah. We have been told to buy tix for HR when he barely crossed the 90cm many months back. My gal is closing to 90cm already. Gonna be an expensive affair to go to a cinema screening soon.

Kam, agree with u, think panda show will be better for young kids, just huddle together as a family. Hee.
happy.gif

My tp interview is this evening n I am so nervous. At orchard now colouring my hair to hide the grey hair now. I dun have any Suitable to wear. Thought black suit n skirt seems too formal for polytechnic lecturer. So wanted to wear a short sleeve black jacket with purple blouse with black pants but just found last night that my black pants r either too tight or too long for my black flats. :p Also, do you think I should be honest or lie if they ask me about my specific plans (ie real estate sales)?

Kam, when is your interview/presentation?

singtel just called me up, gimme very good promo for mio

1st mth 60 channels foc, no need pay anything
thereafter 5 mths, pay only 5.90 for 20 channels
thereafter pay 9.90 for the 20 channels

no installation fee, no contract, no cancellation fees

got BPL...
kids:
CH25 BabyFirst
CH26 ETTV Yoyo
CH29 KidsCo
CH311 Jetix On Demand

what do you mummies think>?

kitsune,
Haha, I never bother about what I wear, to work or to interview, just to make sure I am neat enough. Be confident. No need to nervous, take it as a chance to take to the people and to know your own capability. I WON'T tell them the real estate sales thing if I were you.

My presentation is tomorrow morning. Still preparing the slides, very challenging for me cos I don't have the particular knowledge/skill. I just try my best loh.

Pixie,
We got all channels free for 1 month too when we first installed MIO a few months ago (cos hubby wants to watch soccer match lah). We were not interested in other channels. So in the end didn't sign up any extra ones except the sports channels. Also no installaion fees implied. But we signed contract for 2 years. The promo sounds good, and you should take it if you can select 20 channels that you like (and think you would watch them) from their list.

pixie,

I have MIO TV at home but i think it's really lousy. The foc 60 channels don't have much to watch. Many of the movies are very very old. Can you imagine they have "Ghostbuster" and I cannot remember what other old movies they have. The kids channel is..... pathetic. Yoyo TV still quite ok but the resolution is very poor.. maybe it's my internet connection but everytime C watches the channel, I worry for her eyesight :p Kidsco and jetix on demand also don't have nice cartoons... all weird weird cartoons i've never heard before! :p

I think mio tv is only for ppl who wanna watch soccer?! other than that, it's not worth paying a single cent for it. :p

btw, during the 1 month foc period.. i hardly had anything to watch. I did manage to catch one korean drama series though. Just ONE that caught my eye...

Kam, I see, ya I think I will answer something vague if they really asks me. yup, I tell myself no need to be nervous too cos need two rounds of interviews n not as if i die die must get the job. But it's my first interview in 10 years, will be a morale booster if I do get an offer lor. Hee.

Pixie, my mio tv at home is super under utilized. :p

Kitsune,
Good luck on your interview. I am always nervous at interviews too.. I think shirt and skirt is just fine. Yes, better don't share about your other plan (real estate).

Kam,
Good luck on your presentation too!

Pixie,
I don't have MIO TV at home, mine is Starhub. But I saw the MIO TV programs and did not look tempting to me. Coz initially was thinking if should sign up open net plan from Singtel as they also throw in MIO...

Krystle, thanks, think will switch to skirt cos raining cats n dogs now. Rushing back in cab from orchard. Pants will definitely get wet. :p hope I can still squeeze into my old black skirt though :p

pixie,
the MIO in my hse is used only when hb watches soccer. i dun even know how to turn it on! :p
other than that we just watch starhub.

Krystle Krystle, where are you ;)???

I got your H/P contact from Kam (Thanks Kam ;) & msg you awhile ago. Wonder is the number correct?
Anyway, have sent you a FB msg too ;) Cos need to confirm my booking by today. Sorry to rush you.

Any mummies are familiar with Tokyo too?? Which shopping centres or street names are good for shopping & food ;) Thanks a lot!!

Thanks, Kam, luvv. Think I got no hope cos they caught me by surprise by asking me if I can start immediately n I said I understand from the lecturer who called me that they only need me in oct so I already signed up for a course starting next week (couldn't think of a lie in time :p). Then the interviewer asked me what course it is n I told her freelance sales. She said will inform me next week n if I decide that I like sales better, feel free to tell them. Hiaz.
sad.gif

Pixie, woah!!! You going to Tokyo? Things must be ok between u n hubby then, no need to worry about $. U going for second honeymoon?
happy.gif

ahhh my mom comes up during weekdays and weekends my hb will bring over to mil place
but not sure if can go, coz my boss just told me there may be a team training in london end of this mth and i have to go if it materialize...
i cannot squeeze 2 trips in a mth lah, no such $$ n resources, but i rather go JPN than UK lor if u ask me now

Janbb, Pixie.
Got both your SMS, FB msg Liao.
Will reply both of you.
So envy to go Tokyo. Now very good deal to go indeed. Anyone can sponsor me, I can be your private tour guide. Hahahha. Joking lah.

Pixie, oic, which place do u prefer to go? London or Japan?

It is really very worth it to go now, I receive email alerts from those coupon websites every week for 4d3n Japan packages. But even if I go, won't need accommodation so not for me.

Hehe, krystle, u join them lor.
happy.gif

Pixie,
London is very nice too. Anyway it is biz trip, maybe you can extend your stay there and tour again.

Kitsune,
I would love to go but now my Kimura Takuya not free leh. Hahahaha. I want to wait until there is SMAP concert then go.

kitsune,
You are a very honest person :) Could have used children as the reason. But if they were to offer you the position, to start in a month time, would you take it?

I just came back from the presentation, going pretty well. But the same issue remains - travelling :-( I won't worry for now lah, till they offer me the position, if they do.

Kellie,
Whether is it safe or not to go Japan, is really subjective lah. If it is really that bad, Jap govt would have ask citizens in all areas to leave the country. If talking about not safe, then neighbouring countries like HK, Korea are not that safe too.

Maybe I am really less sensitive to the radiation but personally I think it is ok lah. Anyway earth is round, what will come, will come. And anyway, pollution in everywhere, high CO2 content, SG is not exactly a safe place if you want to say...

Kitsune, Kam.
Hope you both got good news soon from the interview.

Kam
Can I ask where did you get the bicycle for HR ? Thought of getting one for T. Thanks !

Oh Pixie
Can I still order the leapfrog DVD ? Is your sis spree closed already ?

mandy,
No, I haven't booked anything. But most likely is going to the playtime (the baby panda) show, will give the 2 that you booked a miss.

Kam, yup that's my biggest virtue cum flaw. As for your question, if they say start in one month's time, I will probably say no cos I already made plans for June hols. Plus I want to complete my real estate exam. :p

RE: First dental visit

Some of you might have read on my FB re HR's visit to a dentist last Friday. The dentist at the SmileWorks rocks!!! Thanks to Chaye who recommended this (was it you or someone else? Sorry if I remembered wrongly). It's been such a great experience.

Finally got it posted on my blog - http://babyhaore.blogspot.com/2011/05/first-dental-visit-for-our-3-years-old.html

Chaye / mcfluffy,
Which dentist attended to T / C when you visited the Woodlands branch? My friend just called them and they said Dr Berenice Chan doesn't go to the Woodlands branch. She wants to know which dentist at the Woodlands branch that is good for children. Thanks!

kam,
thanks for sharing HR's dental visit to smileworks. The whole dental process seem enjoyable & relax for the kids. I gonna make my appt for Z soon
happy.gif

Kam,
d dentist at woodlands branch is Ronglin.

btw, i wana order leapfrog vol 1, got extra letter factory to sell, any takers?

mummies with maid, will you all hire married maid? i jus chosen a maid, supposed to be single, but then she suddenly confess she juz married jan 2011. wat do u tink?

Kam, i should do that too. Any eastern branches at smileworks?

Aqua, my maid is married with 8 yr old son when she joined me. To me, it's ok cos I can motivate her to work hard n save $ to give her son a good education. In fact, I specifically wanted maids who r married with kids so that they know how to look after kids.

kitsune, i juz wondered why she dint update her bio to married status. coz when i talk to her, n ask her her marital status, she says she jus married. i scare new couple, she will keep thinking of hb n wan to go back, then i die liao.

anyway, so diffcult to lok for fresh maid now, i waited 1 mth n onli 1 suitable.
now filip all wan off days n min pay 400 mthly. indo is worse, %450 mthly..

another question, do u allow ur maid to use hp after wrk hours, say 10pm? the maid actualli ask if she can use hp after wrk is done. very werid hor

aqua
I think it's ok to let her use HP after 10pm ba cos it's her rest time already. Give and take a bit. She happy, you happy. Unless she overdo it and talk while working then it's not so right. Married or not it doesnt really matter one. It really depend on what kind of person she is. There are some married with kids come here cannot work say missed family so went back. But there some so determined to earn more money so that her family will live more comfortably. Dont think too much le. Cos it's based on LUCK de. I can understand that it's very difficult to choose but just go with your gut feel and keep fingers crossed.
happy.gif

Hi mummies who have asked me where to get the enzyme sweet, this is the contact no. 63430775 it's an organic shop at paya lebar

aqua
I told my maid upfront that she will have no hp, i will keep hers. After she finish paying her bond $$ which is aprox 6mths for E's maids, then based on her performance i will see if she can have her fone back.
But of coz, i must be fair to her. Let her call home when she reached my place, n a phonecall every alt mth. Her hb got my hp#, if emergency will call me. But i told her if i rcv rubbish calls then she will go home. And recently i told her, i dun want to return the hp.....she say she want hp to call home only. So i sweetened the deal: use my hp to call home, u save $$ on calling cards, then i wun return hp to u. I gain she gain. My maid was happy with d arrangement coz she dun have to buy calling cards mah n i wun be bothered by the fact that she use fone all the time. I can control her calls
happy.gif

Now u employ her so u lay down the groundrules first. Dun agree to what she say because she is REQUESTing not demanding for this...

Aqua,
My maid is married with 4 kids!
But I find it ok coz she does not seem that home sick to me. :p although married liao, funny thing is she does not really know how to take care of kids. Don't know if she is acting blur or what.

Blackbatz,
I stayed at ibis hotel in London last year. The hotel is not located in the main shopping area but at least next to a tube station, so quite convenient. Rate is not expensive and the hotel is clean and nice.
If you have more budget, can stay at Lancaster which is very good and near to Oxford St. I stayed there too last year when my hubby's ex-coy booked it for his biz trip.

pixie, must say the rules clearly before she comes or i mus tell the agent to convey the message to her? i am v surprised hw come she is not here n she is so concerned abt using phone liao? it gives a feeling tht she 'will most likely be homesick /lovesick' coz she juz married in jan?

aqua
must gives rules when you phone interview her. if she ask u, u just say i dont want to give u hp but i may return after 6mths, coz your focus here is to work. i will let you call home when you are settled at my place...
just fend her off. she willing to work for you she will say OK/yes coz this is just one small issue mah

you have to prepare a list of house rules and let her read n sign to ensure she understands what you want from here. it is better than you make clear what you expect from her rather than she 2nd guessing your expectations and needs. then at least she also knows what she should and should not do mah

u tell E that if the maid is NG after 2 weeks, you will send her back to E....cannot give you lousy material...afterall mdm Jaz (me!) recommend one de

i oredi gave her 2 biz (you and my sis) after my maid...if she gives lousy material then i have to call n K her liao lor

pixie. i did a short phone interview and she dint talk/ask direct abt the hp. i tot she was ok n decide to confirm her. who knows she suddenly sms the agent n ask if she can use hp?

so shld i call n talk to her again? i find it v troublesome, felt like juz telling E to say clearly my rules , can i?

she so keen to accept my job, willin to forgo off days

aqua
if she ask E, then u tell E your reply is "no" for now, pending "yes" according to performance. you dont have to tell her directly. let E do the job lor

Back