(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

afternoon all!!

i'm here to grumble again. i'm damn sick of work, the bosses always ask me to collate data. dat day i did the sorting of the family day tickets until 3am. i hate doing all these shitty work, just duno why my boss had to pick me when there's so many staff same level as me. argh!!

icy,
hope Xavier gets well soon, u take care too.
 


unable to be sahm (but want to be):
pixie
aqua
shannonbaby
jess
elmo_78

Me too! I wanna stay home too to take care of my girl but it seems like a dream for me esp we got a new place n needs the monthly contribution. Haiz....no choice la
 
Janbb,
I still give my mum allowance lei....both my parents still working but i insist on giving. But told my mum can't increase her allowance anymore. Last time everytime i get pay raise i will also increase her allowance.

So the allowance I get from hb covers allowance to my parents and my personal expenses like hair cut, clothes etc
All other expenses, insurance, groceries, car loan, house loan, kid's class fees etc all borne by hb
 
Shannonbaby, QQ,

Glad to hear u face the same prob with yr gals as mine...Haiz...dunno how to 'wean' her off also. hb everyday complain want to claim his bed back...
 
icy
hope your boy get well soon.
my boy also have viral fever often, and his situation is also like yours. i discovered that bufen will make his feet and hands very cold. and he will sweat a lot from bufen. and after taking bufen, temp can be at 35.x kind....then slowly climb back to 39.x again

takes few days to get over this so must ride it out yah
 
pixie,
Parenting is a tough job right? Kids these days are too smart liao, unlike us who were so blur when we were young. But if one fine day, X does something which you have done before and you know the consequences will be hard for him to bear, how are you going to deal with it??? We've been there and done that so we know what will happen but our kids won't want to listen to us or even believe what we're saying...tough man!
 
yvonne
i oso dunno leh. i think i will let him try n do. but i think my hb will object. he very traditional parenting. beat/scold kind.
i only hope x will wake up if he wants to try his way. lesson well learnt kind. then grow up from there

very sleepy so i typed funny
 
Icy, hope xavier recovers soon. Today, hubby went back to work. RaeAnne wants me to carry her the whole time, keep fussing and grouchy. By 11am, I give up and bring her to ILs place liao. Accompanied her until she had her porridge, showered and I fed her medicine before leaving at 1+pm. Her cough seems to be better, and temp was 37.5/6 at 1230pm, about 4 hours after last dose. Hope fever subsides and we can cut down on 1 medicine. She started having loose stools though, must be due to Augmentin. I have the same problem when my gynae prescribed it to me. :p

Pixie, ya, I thought about that too. Told hubby I will be very sad when the day comes when she starts rejecting us and only wants her friends/bf. But what to do, parenthood is about letting go and letting them find their own road too. Hope by then, I'll enjoy my newfound freedom and hubby can go on holidays with me without the kids.
happy.gif


pixie, aqua, shannonbaby, jess, elmo_78, yup I'm glad hubby is willing to let me be a SAHM. Even though it means that we have to live thriftily and no savings for these few years. Sometimes, I wonder how big a pay cut I have to take when I re-enter the workforce and esp if I make a career change. My pay was already peanuts to begin with. When I hear of my friends buying condo, new car, etc, I do get envious. But on days when my gal is sick and needs attention, I'm glad I can be around to nurse her back to health instead of worrying at office, not knowing what's happening. Even if take child sick leave but still must attend to phone calls (mobile) and work requests. :/
 
who has bought a cane already?
i dun think i wana start the beat kind of discipline like my parents did, although it does work at times. :p
 
luca, I have one stick not really cane but is to scare TT ... it always land on the floor when come to beating ...
 
luca, i also hav a small cane, as thin as satay stick, my girl also v scare when i threaten to hit her when she is noti
 
QQ,
hehe hw come land on the floor? TT throws it away? :p

pixie,
not bad, satay stick is more effective than cane.
i think as long its something dat ur kid is afraid of, be it cane or carrot which my friend uses it when she discipline her boy.


i believe what goes around comes around, next time our kids will go through wat we been through. yes its gona be tougher, like what yvonne said, kids are too smart unlike us tut tut hehe
 
i also have a cane at home. those normal kind one.. but Javier not scared lei. i hit it on the floor to scare him, he laugh and try to catch the cane -_-" so i think its rather useless.
but if he hears the word 'beat'.. he will pout his mouth cos he knw hw has done something wrong.. then 'ren' not to cry...
 
Pixie,
I think I will react like what your neighbour did...hahaha! I'm very level-headed and I analysis things with logic and not with my feelings...so I tend to get very argumentative and neglect the other party's feelings.

I used to quarrel a lot with my sis cos she always does things on impulse and her actions always have a negative impact on our family. Everytime she does something, I'd already know what the outcome will be but she simply refuses to listen, so she will go ahead with it but end up with the outcome I had predicted. It's not small issues but big decisions lor. She just hates it that I'm always right but it's not a matter of winning the battle but it's for the good of the whole family. So I really don't know what I'll do if my boy starts behaving like her one day...
 
Thanks, Aqua. I hope so too. Tom still got gynae check and last night, I think I had contractions, very painful but only 2 times.

We never bought any canes so far. Don't really know how to discipline her. So far, we used distraction, ignoring, scolding or beating her hands. None works though. Sigh.
 
Thanks Luca, kitsune and pixie,
I seldom alternate between the 2 medicines. But now u mentioned, i do notice that burofen will make his temp drop faster, and he would also sweat a lot.

grumpus and Jan bb
I also get ard 30% of my previous pay. But tt consider my own money, cos meals and all are given to my mil. then hb still help me pay for insurance and my own parent allowances. If i spent on credit cards, he will be paying for it too.

luca,
my mil keep suggesting getting a cane, but me and hb dun feel like it. Cos we think he can be still under control when we tell him too. Just don't know why, perhaps my pil and sil words, he dun really listen as much. Maybe 1 day i will use it, but that is when he do something which is threatening to his own life.

QQ,I got use nepia, find it better than pampers. The cost almost the same leh.. no rashes for my boy.
 
Grumpus
My #1 only slept thru ard 2+... She sleeps in our room on a mattress. So when she cry, I go to her bed. She sleep, I climb up... and it goes on a few times at night. V tiring. I can't really rem how things got better. Maybe you can try when she makes noise, you SSSHHHHhhhh her, or tell her mommy is here, but not gg to her.

I used to have to lie there with her until she sleeps. Bad days, I can lie there an hour+. After sometime, I told her, she lie there, I go and bathe. So I leave the door slightly open, she can still hear me. After a while she used to it that I in the toilet. Then soon, I tell her I am outside. She might go in and out or whine... but soon she slept on her own.

One impt thing... are you still bf her? Cos if you are, she tends to be more sticky and she fell asleep on your breast, so naturally wake up find her "pacifier"... So if you are bf, I think quite hard to train...

All that said... some pple love sleeping close to their kids so they dun mind lor... But for my #2, we so scared it will happen again, so he doesn't sleep in our room liao.

Mylife
Your girl still sticky to you? Are you still bfing? Maybe you can share some tips with grumpus

Icy
I have a cane too! Not that I like to use it. But sometimes after repeating myself like a broken recorder, I will resort to the cane. V tiring when they get older and dun listen. Shout until I sian. Hee...
When my hb take out the cane to threaten my girl, my son quickly sit down guai guai liao.
 
Icy, should alternate med but make sure the interval is long enough. Can't remember whether should be 3 or 4 hours gap. Once, we gave panadol too soon after neurofen cos she was going to sleep and we were afraid fever will spike up at night when we were sleeping. Was shocked to find out that her temp went as low as 35.7. Luckily, not below 35 deg or else will become hypothermia. :p
 
yvonne
i get what you mean. frustrating rite. i feel the same abt my sis. go out late, affect whole family. my parents get angry, affects everyone etc

imho, i feel that nowadays kids, we need to let them live thru what they really wanted. regret and learn from mistakes. stopping them or telling them "next time when you mother then you know why" will not helped them at all.
must let them fall down hard and learn.
thats how i feel. i oredi know the outcome too but its the process thats impt. not the outcome.

and also, like what my psychologist always say: when someone,- anyone; is angry at the moment, they will surely want their way/still be angry/crying. you say "stop" they wont care/stop.
i so angry at my mom liao, i hack care wat she says ar.

humans very headache
 
icy
yup, bufen makes the feet and hands clammy, and a lot of sweating is involved. the temp spike down very fast & hard. if fever still persist, will climb up again.
maybe its different for different kids? mine is like that lar

kitsune
so below 35 is too low? coz i got see 35.x too and we can only conclude its from the med
 
pixie,
Yah lah, let them live their own life. If it's fated then bo bian also. But say only lah, if the matter involves breaking the law, drugs, getting married in their teens, etc etc...don't think we can control ourselves and not do anything to stop them right? I think too much liao....hahaha
 
icy thanks ... I guess TT not suitable to use nepia ... shall let her try GooN next time.

TT kept the so call cane b4 ... my hubby complain he cant find it LOL
 
yvonne
well, i've seen real life case of mixing with the ah bengs and ah lians, go out late. wanna mix with their own frens. never study much oso. now low pay job, 2 kids, and lousy hb.
you make your choices, you'll walk thru ur life lor
 
aqua
today no hot topic coz its raining
cold joke. literally. muahahaah

i got a warm topic:
what kind of briefs does your hb wear?
 
Kistune,
My friend told me actually can take panadol and Neurofen together if the temp is higher than 38.5. That is the instruction from her PD.

My PD advise alternate every 3 hrly.

pixie,
my shoes is everyday birken.. lol..
 
Mom2Nat,
Thanks for the tips!!
I'm not bf-ing, in fact never did cos my girl had latching probs. So dunno why she so sticky also.

I tried before she sleep on the floor i lie with her until she sleep then i climb back to bed. And each night can do that 3-4 times, like u said very tiring. But prob is she learns that i will leave after she sleeps back so she will insist on climbing into my bed and sleeping there instead...faintz...

u are lucky elliot can sleep on his own. My friend have the same prob with #1, so with #2 also early early put in her own room to sleep. But, when #2 reach abt 18-24 mths, she start to qn the parents why kor kor can sleep with them but she cannot. So now end up both kids sleep with them
 
JanBB
Welcome to the club of SAHM!! Dont worry so much..."see one step walk one step" and before u know it, maybe after a year, u "bu she de" to go back working? Dont think of the negative lah (less than a year u cannot tahan) but try to think of the positive lo.
happy.gif


Mom2nat
yes, i'm still bf-ing Rylee. But only 2-3 times per 24hour. JUST managed to wean her off night feeds during her night wakings. Now she understands nen-nen is only when the sun is up. Night time, nen-nen zzz too. Hehe. But, if and when she wakes up, she will still look for me. Anyone also cannot, but me. But well, having been thru a tough time during her baby days, to me, personally, it's an improvement liao, cos at least she allows me to just hug and hold her and she will go back to zzz. Yes, she still sleeps with us on our bed. And i'm one of those u said that truly loves/enjoys sleeping with her, esp during these cold winter days, we snuggle close for warmth, it's great to hug her, better than a bolster!
happy.gif
I'll wait till she is older before trying to move her to own bed, and then to her own room. Step by step lah. If i rush her now (just after weaning off night feeds), i scared it'll backfire on me and everything back to square one. Having said that, like what yvonne and pixie discussing about how it'll be when our kids grow up, i do think about it and when i do, i'll hug her closer and enjoy her "baby days" now, when i'm still everything in the world to her.
happy.gif
I'm a believer in the theory that u cant rush a child's independence. U let them take their own steps naturally, it will come. Now i can see her starting to be less fearful in class, and occasionally letting go of my hand and roaming on her own.
happy.gif


So grumpus, sorry no tips for u there. But i like Mom2nat's tips leh...slowly, go toilet, go outside, etc.
happy.gif
 
Grumpus
erm...why asking this question ah...hehe....u preggie har? Tats why thinking of #1 and #2 logistics questions? hehehehe

Perhaps instead of mattress, u let her sleep on a bed? parallel to ur own bed, so instead of climbing up and down (sounds tiring to me too), u just roll back and forth? Then when she's older, slowly u can push the bed slightly further...and then slowly to her own room when she's ready? But have to see the size of ur room and also the hassle of readjusting some furnitures lah. My fren did that for her girl. At one time, the girl's bed was still in her room, but at the other end.
 
HR used to sleep in his cot (then converted to a junior bed) pretty well until I was pregnant with XY. He woke up a few times a night crying, then I was the only one who can soothe him. So with my big tummy and his weight, I just couldn't bring him to our bed a few times every night. Since then he sleeps with us till now.

Like mylife, after my son co-sleeps with us, I totally love it! I don't thik I want to "kick" them out of our room so soon. That's why I dream of a HUGE master bedroom so all 4 of us can stay together (best is to get a super big size bed, so all 4 of us can sleep together :)) I just love hugging HR esp when he is sleeping soundly. I continue to enjoy this until he decides to leave our bed. Hubby loves hugging him also. But sometimes he complains about affecting our "activities" :-0
 
kitsune,
About the nasal spray, the pharmist told you have to blow her noe after using ah?? My PD's method is simply to spray it into the nostrils (one spray on each side) and clean with tissue paper. Cos the spray is meant to soften the thick mucus so it will flow out together with the solution. No need to blow nose leh...
 
mylife,
yup yup, i like mom2nat's tips too....go toilet, go outside then go further and further away...

my room not big enough to put 2 beds side by side, currently the floor mattress is perpendicular to our bed...

not preggie with #2 lah....just thinking IF preggie with #2 how....dun want to wait until preggie then try to move her lor...

actually i dun mind co-sleeping with her, except she's such a restless sleeper! frequently kicking me, crying/talking in her sleep, and waking me up so i can reposition for her to lie on my hand....and poor hb has to sleep on the floor instead cos there's no way all 4 of us (plus dog) can squeeze on our king size bed
 
mylife, thks. I will jia you!! ;)

Juz curious & do a count... how many SAHMs are here...
mylife
ylim
kitsune
grumpus
babeship
icy

Any topic of the day?? 2 hrs more to go...
 
hi....anyone miz me?..hehe
just came back from stock take...warehse (tuas) so dirty, dusty...kept rubbing my nose
sad.gif


janbb,
jia you jai you on yr sahm job! next time i on leave, we both bring J & Z out ok?
 


Steph,
Onz onz... we bring them go "gaigai", heehee ;)

OMG, FND juz inform me that they will hold back my year end bonus until my return. Upon return, i muz serve back the same period of my no-pay to get the full sum. Aiyo, beating my chest real hard now... no wonder HR counter offer me to stay until end dec & clear lve in jan then unpaid start in feb...but did not say out loud & clear... Faint... what can i do now??
 

Back
Top