(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

tongtong,
Don't give up! Then you have to try many different ways to get him engaged in the blocks. For example, only give him a few blocks, maybe 2-3 to start with. When he finishes with the few blocks, give him lots of encouragement. Then increase the no bit by bit. If he doesn't like to see the blocks fall, then teach him to build to blocks sideway. If he doesn't like the noise of block falling, put a clothes or something underneath so the noise won't irritate him. If he likes the noise, purposely make the blocks fall and fall. Be creative also, like you make something out of the block and tell him, see this is a dog (or some animal he likes) to attracts his interest. Try different places to play with the blocks may help also, on the floor, on the coffee table, his high chair, even on the bed, in the car, etc etc. Try try and try! It's really a great toy to help children in many ways.
 


Kam,
if you felt less baby movement, must inform your gynae wor. perhaps yr stomach tightening is not BH...more like u feel tummy stretch tight (to the max liow?) cos u've got a big bb?
Re: building blocks
Can share what brand/model u bought for HR? There are many brands in the market like the popular LEGO blocks. Some design is building vehicles or aeroplanes etc... The quality of the material used for some blocks has sharp corners & not very toddler friendly.
 
steph,
Thanks. Will talk to my gynae this Saturday. Baby still moves, but a lot more gentle than last week.

Building blocks - HR has the Megablock and Lego. He used to like Megablock, but now more interested on the Lego. We haven't bought those special design ones, just basic Lego (actully it's one of his birthday presents). Will get him those special design ones maybe for his 2nd birthday. Both Megablock and Lego are safe for toddler. Megablocks meant for younger toddlers cos bigger in size. But the health book mentions toddlers of our kids should be able to handle blocks of about or less than 1 inch in height, so Lego is more appropriate.
 
Kam, you really creative leh! yahor, because we got1 big box, I should have taken a few and let him try . thanks for your many many ideas!! And hor, we always play before bedtime on the bed only!! ur idea of building sideways is good, I’m so stupid never thought of that haha!!
 
yah, i agree with kam, megablock and lego quite suitable for our kids now. my boy likes to stack the megablocks until 1 super tall tower, and he will tuck under his arm and parade around the house or show off to papa
or now, he will play with the cooking set. my hb said very girlish. i dont think so leh. i feel that im teaching him table manners. so right now, after "frying the egg" on the saucepan, he will use put the "egg" on a "plate" and use 2 hands to carry the "plate" to papa and offer him eat. sometimes he will touch the stove and have the very hot action
 
i am also thinking of buying the cooking set... but my hubby say girly... sianz.. haha.... but i think i will still go and buy myself la...

javier dun really like to play blocks lei... he super impatient boy... must think of a way to teach him some patience.. damn jialat
 
jess
dun care lah, you do what you feel is right for your boy. when i bot, my hb was like "you sure? you crazy lei, blah blah" but now he see my boy playing with the cooking set, he oso never say anything. and always so happy when my boy brings him plates of food on both hands. at least my boy learns something lor

steph
you can try to buy the "clipo" set of blocks from playskool. big enuff, wont get swallowed. i have a few of them lying in the car so that my boy wont get bored in rides. and its very versatile leh the clipo blocks
 
pixie,
My boy plays with my real cooking set while I cook in the kitchen :)

Yes, the clipo is good too. Hao Re plays with it at school, so I didn't buy that.

That day watched on tv Japan came out with a new invention - can build very real 3D figures using blocks. These blocks are very different from the Mega/lego ones. Don't know how to describe. But don't think can get it in Singapore yet.
 
my hubby say he only wana buy 2 tins lei....
cos no place to keep liao.. is tat okie with u? if u have buyers who can clear ur stock than go ahead...
happy.gif
 
I don't have megablocks or LEGO. Only got some wooden blocks which is free gift from COMBI when I bought stroller. Are those helpful? Or I should get LEGO?

My girl totally loves cooking set. I bought her Winnie the Pooh set and she plays everyday. Think girl girl likes such toys better. Now thinking of what should I buy for her when #2 comes out. Coz people said should buy #1 a gift and told her that it is from DiDi so that she won't feel left out. My SIL also said after I deliver, I should hug my girl first when she comes and visit me, instead of carrying the baby so that she won't feel jealous.
 
krystle,
Wooden blocks are fine, as long as your #1 is able to play with it. But it's harder cos can't stick the blocks together. HR has wooden blocks also, and that's the last he learned how to build. Need more patience on the wooden blocks.
 
hehe, RaeAnne has 3 sets of megablocks (small, med & large). This does not include the set at my Mum's place (which belongs to my cousin's kids). I used to play with her. Build table, box lar, simple stuff but after she got hooked on her cooking set and shopping trolley then I seldom play with her liao. :p If I got time, rather read to her cos nobody reads to her except me.
 
Kitsune,

when u refer to megabloks size S, M and L...which is which huh?Currently, I have the largest size, I suppose that is Large size bah...then recently I bought a tub of the mini system....I find that is not as small as the normal lego size. it is bigger. Javier not too used to the mini system as it does not stack/stick as well as the large ones. He only enjoys pouring all the blocks from the tub whenever I packed them up and say a loud "WOW" after seeing everything spread on the floor.

Lego is very much more exp than megabloks. I went to Robinson on sat to shop and compared the prices.
 
Verene, sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the packs of megablocks she has. All the megablocks I bought are the largest size (for 1 year and above). But she has a huge pack (in plastic bag), and 1 small one (less than 10 blocks but it comes with monkey, parrot, red cross staff figurines). Bought the school bus one (medium pack?) after we realised that she likes megablock figurines more than the blocks.
happy.gif
 
Yes, so fast it is Wed already and tomorrow is Thu. Suddenly also realised that it is coming mid of the month and next week is payday!! Hahahah...
 
muahahahaha at krystle
thats a good one. so fast mid month liao leh

mandy
yup better liao. i got a pounding headache then today 5am menses came...aiyah no wonder my back aches like crazy, and head pounding like crazy too...all went off when my menses came. oredi forgot menses supposed to lai liao lar
 
Kam,
oh i c. BP price not necessary cheaper...sometimes it's about the same.

<font color="ff0000">Maybe Verene can help me since she went Robinsons to shop....*paging for Verene*</font>
 
tongtong
apparently my project failed leh
he will tahan and tahan and wont use potty if we diaper-less him. once put on diapers he will pee/poo.

potty train him not very successful, i think he is not ready yet lar

but at lest he knows thats the potty and he sometimes sits on it, indicating he wants to pee into it. so at least some efforts there
 
tongtong/pixie:

My to-do list for my boy:

1. Potty training
2. Make brushing teeth one of his routine

Think he is very much ready for the potty training. But I am lazy and don't know how to start. Thinking of leaving it to my mum :) Now he can tell us by pointing/touching after he has pooed or have a heavy diaper and want us to change for him.

Make him to brush teeth is a must-do, cos he really has pretty bad breath (his PD said it's sure because of his mouth hygeine and not other factors cos a friend of mine told me could be due to his digestive problem which I doubted). Again, I am lazy.... but must really start with this, cannot delay anymore!
 
Pixie,
No choice lah. This month is a bit tight lah. Last weekend overspent a bit lah. Bought 2 pairs of new shoes for my #1 coz my MIL everyday brings her for a walk downstairs, to mkt etc.. very wear and tear liao. Then bought 3 sets of Jap drama @ TS. Then treated my hubby and parents to Jap food twice! Broke liao...

Steph,
Payday is 23th. But coz it is a Sunday so normally coy will credit early on Fri instead. Hehehehe.
 
Pixie, I’m starting the project this weekend. But X is ready since he can tahan liao wor? Maybe he associates diaper with peeing? That’s why when you put on diaper he only pees? How long did you train? I’m prepared to wipe the floor whole day liao.
 
Kam, are you going to give him toothpaste to brush? Shaun can brush but I haven’t put on toothpaste yet cuz he doesn’t know how to spit yet. he also knows how to point his pat pat after pooing. That’s why I’m starting to toilet train
 
tongtong
i tried for few weeks straight, both at my mil place and my own place.
most of the day we diaper-less him, only for nap/night times we put on the diaper. nowadays he pee in diapers, usually wont ask for potty. but he tugs and pulls at diapers when poo-ing, also not asking for potty. but the potty is always lying around the house so he will literally sit on it when he sees it. last time ask him sit there he will struggle to get up lah

yes he associates diapers with peeing. i think both my mil and me lazy to carry through. must let him take potty liao since he knows potty = pee/poo. but he just wanna lun and lun and lun. there are of course successful times. but thats like 20% nia leh

yes, must wipe floor whole day kind. i got 2 thick cloths on standby all the time. the bath water i saved up up rinse the cloth etc.
 
Jess/tongtong,
I am using the toothpaste (forgot the name liao, First something) that can be safely swallowed one. He knows how to brush, but he didn't like doing it. Haven't taught him gaggle and spit yet. Any good tips how to make toddler like to brush teeth?
 
krystle
i oso broke, i brought my dog to the vet, $120, $140 for month of July liao. later tonight i got another vet visit. dunno how much would that be. then a $50 belt for my hb's present, dim sum lunch $90.
i write down all my expenses, even for few dollars kind. some months i overspend more than i save after i calculate all the sums :-(
 
pixie
we also tried putting javier diaperless. but hor.. end up he pee on the floor liao he will accidently slip and fall.. hahahaa... it happened a few times. so we stopped.
maybe wait for awhile more b4 we start again...

kam
the kodomo one can anot? got flavour one.... (i think its called kodomo)
happy.gif
 
first teeth kam

wendyg and grumpus say got a brush teeth song. maybe sing him that when he sings?

for me i started with a finger brush, and play the "you cannot bite my fingers!" game. he sure wants to chomp onto my fingers and i dart in/out. make it fun lar. and i sing "this is how you brush your teeth, brush your teeth, brush your teeth. this is how you brush your teeth, so early in the morning"

now i gave him toothbrush, let him brush on his owm. usually mis-que one leh. so i will brush short while for him

when i brush my own teeth i will let him see/explain to him so he will get curious/excited.
 
yest hor, my boy lie on the floor and cry again. me and my hb just walked off, but my mil was near him at a pillar, still playing peek a boo at him. she wanted to divert his attention to something else but thats not solving the problem of him faking a temper/cry. *faint* ask her to ignore him, she go and ignore me.
sianzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 
Jess,
Not sure about the kodomo one. You need to check. I know First teeth (thanks, pixie) can, Orajel can.

Pixie,
Thanks for the tips. Morning doesn't work for us, cos we let him sleep until we are ready to leave to house. Night time bah. Should really start, ya, may be use the finger brush first. He won't let me help him brushing the teeth. Maybe can try to brush together with him. And to create a brush teeth song :)
 
Steph
My kids have a few sets of Lego. You can get them during sales, there are a few designs. You can oso try the LEgo shop in Ngee Ann City. Lego is good material, lasts a long way!
 
RE: potty training
Sigh, My mil start to let my boy poo very early stage when he is only few mths old. Lazy me stop doing it when she is away in msia for 1 mth since I am managing alone. Now my boy refuse to sit in the potty. He is only not ready, morning remove his diaper and make him pee, he also cant pee. lol.. I guess I just have to wait.

RE:Toothrush
Every morning, Xavier will brush teeth with me. I give him his toothbrush while I brush. He would anyhow dig his mouth with the brush. After I brush, I would help him to brush. He seemed to like it, will cry if I brush on my own, without inviting him in.
 
Hi mummies,

RE: Potty training
I guess my gal is ready? At times, she can tell me "I pee pee" or "I poo poo" when she wants to do it. Then i will bring her to the toilet and put the child toilet seat on top for her. But its not everytime that she will tell us. So now, she is still on full time diaper.

During the long weekend, we brought her out for late lunch and in the middle of the lunch, she suddenly said that she wants to poo poo. I asked her to poo on her diaper since there is no child toilet, but she refused. Then keep saying I poo poo every few min. In the end, she cannot tahan and poo on her diaper. But she gave me a guilty look for pooing in her diaper. Make my husband and I feel so sad as we keep teaching her if she wants to poo, must go toilet, yet this time round, we make her poo in her diaper, somehow like contradicting what we teached her.

Mummies with baby girls, just wondering how u gals bring them to the adult toilet? I find it so dirty to make her sit on the toilet and she is so small size, like anytime will fall into the toilet hole.
I need to find a solution before this weekend the same incident happen again.
 
shannonbaby
got toilet seats for bb one leh. you go surf around. portable lids and all. very innovative. like eg ppl in USA going on the roads with freeways and all, they bring these portable potty along. foldable and very compact etc etc
 



Back
Top