(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

verene
can
but i can tell you my company will sign agreement with vendors on a worldwide basis...dont think i can help your hb much. but no harm hearing anyway
 


<font color="aa00aa">Hi Steph, JanBB,</font>

Sorry for the delay.

2766622.jpg
 
kitsune
thanks for responding on the nail biting thing. Then how ah? Very heart pain leh

Elmo/Barney DVDs in Hong Kong
Icy/Lynn/Superbee

I checked liao. Turns out the bilingual in HK is English/Cantonese and not Mandarin. The one that got Mandarin is those Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Anyway, the price is roughly like this:

Elmo DVD HK$85
Barney HK$88
Mickey DVD HK$95
Thomas the train (for mommies who have boys) HK$95

Pls let me know if u all want it, i will go and buy. Deadline is wednesday cos my fren leaving that day
 
Oops, forgot to congratulate ANGELSKY! I just realised ur #2 princess is just one alphabet away from the famous Vera Wang wedding gown designer.
happy.gif
But she's looks so cute and contented lying there.
happy.gif
 
Violetice!!!
So long never see u here leh!

Blackbatz
aiyoh, u mean maids will steal our lingeries?? scary! My maid always help me put back and rearrange my clothes as well.
 
Congrats to <font color="0000ff">Angelsky</font>!!!
3.4Kg is big baby. Very "Peifu"...
happy.gif
But sounds like it is a very smooth delivery and no aftermath pain. Good good. Hope I can be like you. Most prob I will have a big baby too.

Kam,
Are you going for early ML or will ask HL from gynae? Me went for my 32 weeks checkup. Baby is 2.4KG! Gosh, gynae thought that he got the wrong measurement and did it twice. Later confirmed that the baby is indeed bigger and taller than avg... Estimated by birth around 3.2~3.4Kg... Haiz...
 
blackbatz, thanks for the reminder on the clothes. I'm more worried about my jewellery lor. This afternoon I was just having a headache over where to hide my diamond jewellery and jewel box lor. :p

I wanted to buy 5 tier toyogo drawer initially but I'm worried that my kaypoh little gal will go and open and close the drawers and make the the whole thing topple. So, in the end, decided a toyogo box that she can't open on her own is better. ;P

Mylife, I'm still monitoring the situation. If it gets worse, will go buy the bitter solution and apply on her nails lor. Evil mummy.

My gal slept at 10pm today. Slight improvement, 30 mins to fall asleep. Must be tired out from all the screaming and crying at playgroup :p.
 
mylife,
The Elmo DVD is more expensive in HK, so don't need to help me buy. Thanks for checking! Sg here is ard $12.90 excluding popular card 10% disct + Maybank Card 5% disct. heehee.
 
krystle,

Can ask for HL from gynae one meh? For what reason? Just say want to rest at home? I won't take early ML as I only have 2 months :-( Will work till I give birth.

Yes, 2.4kg at 32 weeks is quite big size woh. My gal is 2.5kg at 34.5 week.

Kinda excited now. I am the next one to pop.... and you will be soon after me!
 
pixie,
i knew i didnt ask the wrong person, u've tried out quite alot brands of makeup liao hee
Majolica sounds good, what else have u tried besides the mascara?

actually i hardly use mascara, so to start with, i want something that is smudge and water proof, so that its easy to clean off, which i need to get a good eye makeup remover also, heard Fancl is good. My eyelashes is not dat short, but think need a good curler to curl up, coz i remember at my wedding day, my makeup artist took some time to curl my lashes.

krystle,
sounds like alot of work to take those makeup off hehe wat eye makeup remover are u using?
 
Kam, some gynaes are more liberal, will give HL, some will only give MC. Unless your condition very bad eg. threatened abortion, need bed rest, then will give HL. But if you have no problems, a bit hard to ask for HL. The most he'll only give you MC to rest. Never mind lar, take heart that you have a smooth pregnancy.
happy.gif
 
Oscar test: what is the procedure for this test?

Angelsky: congrats!! Ur bb gal is big and pretty !! Hehe. confinement cannot eat BKT meh? Before 3am were you sleeping then? Anyway great to know you had smooth delivery!!

Jess you very cute lei haha!! Jiayou in TCC okie.
 
Tongtong - OSCAR test

The first part is the nuchal translucency scan (measuring the thickness of the NT and also the height of the nose bridge). The second part of the test is the blood test, to draw 3-4 tubes of blood for measuring different proteins/etc. Then combine these 2 tests together (=OSCAR) to calculate the risk for me carrying a baby with Down's Syndrome. The "safe" cut-off risk should be of more than or at 1:300.
 
I din do oscar test last round. Issit because I’m not yet 30 that time? I remembered I went checkup and gynae measured bb’s neck width from the scan and said it’s ok. Din draw my blood though.
 
luca
if you want to start off on the mid-price items, try majolica, or any over the counter brands like l'oreal, maybelline, fasio.
is your skin suitable for european or japanese products? this you have to find out for yourself and buy the appropriate products accordingly.
fasio, majolica majorica has good reviews about their mascaras (smudge, water, oil proof)
maybelline's Volum' express turbo boost has been getting good reviews from Kelvin in NRWZD, so maybe you can try that.

some rave brands for mascara would be helena rubinstein, lancome, ana sui. if you want thicker eyelashes, can try the deja vu fiber wig. watsons got sell, $25.

l'oreal has a basic and good eye/lip makeup remover (blue and white liquid). can try that. of course fancl or shu uemura would be the good brands to try makeup removers

for curler, if your eyes is like mine, not deep set, then look for curlers that are not very curved. try koji (can buy from sasa), everytime got mentioned in NRWZD oso...
if yours is stubborn, cannot curl easily, try investing in a heated eyelash curler. after mascara, when its half dry, sweep the curler along your eyelashes and you will get very nice curled lashes. errr i think can get in sasa too?

if you want double eyelid, use eye glue. koji have a good one, very ez to use. stickers never work for me at all, but you can try that?

next time progress further liao, you can put on eyelash primer. a lot of japanese OTC brands got eyelash primer ley. even canmake got eyelash curler in mascara type. its transparent liquid, coat on liao then your eyelashes will curl by itself. works for me only 50% ley...chey!

i not expert on MU ah. just that i kaypoh want to try everything (greedy).
 
Tongtong,
Depending on your gynae. Some gynaes will ask all her/his patients to do OSCAR regardless of age. Some don't recommend unless his/her patients are of older age. Some will only do the bloods test (also known as the Triple Test) and exclude the scan. It's unlikely a gynae can judge the risk of Down's just base on the scan alone.
 
Haha, pixie, you set me thinking. Now that I got 2 gals and Mummy is clueless about make up. Where are they going to learn make up from when they become teenagers? Can I send them to you for training especially eye make up for single eyelids? hee.
 
kns lah tongtong, there are mummies in here who knows more about MU than me and got better skin/prettier face
you scroll up see the pic posted by violetice, wah all the mummies look so young and 'piao liang' leh *envy*envy*
 
tongtong cos it's not cheap, $300+ and need to draw blood. If risk is very low, some gynae feel no need to go for it. Those gynaes are good actually, helping to keep healthcare costs low instead of recommending patients to go for all available tests. But for me, bo bian cos I'm already in 30s mah. :p
 
kitsune
ezzzzzzzzzzzz just go for double eyelid surgery haha!
i went for consultation before coz keen to do but my bf at that time say no need so i never do
if i did went ahead...i wouldnt have to be like now *sob*sob*
anyway by then your gals grow up liao maybe technology improves, no need stuff like these mascaras, eye shadow anymore
 
pauline, dont think it's necessary to teach teenagers how to MU wor!! in fact i think they shouldnt MU. only do it when you start to work.
 
so tongtong when was the 1st time you tried MU?
i tried very late oso, coz no $$ for these and my mom's MU collection sux (think screaming retro colours)...i think work liao got $$ then i started going crazy
 
Haha, pixie, yup, I'm going to save up for their surgeries. If they really want to do it, I'll do it with them so that won't "chuang bang" mah...

Tongtong, I was like that too. But too nerdy and plain liao, that's why no suitors in JC. haha.
 
Pauline, wah, the test so ex! Think I will opt out though I/m already 30+/

Pixie, hehe, I tried MU only at around 24 leh. and I only put foundation and blusher nia. Bobian la, my mum doesn’t MU so of course I don’t know how la ! hehe
 
tongtong,
No risk for OSCAR. Except the cost which kitsune mentioned, it's also because that OSCAR test is not a definite test, as in it only calculates the risk, but doesn't mean that if one is at low risk, then her kid definitely won't get Down's, it's all about probability, no guarentee one. I think if you have ever heard of or you have friend or relative who has given birth to Down's, then you are more likely wanting to do the OSCAR test.

Ya lor, probably my mum didn't MU at all. So I have no one to learn from that's why I don't know how to. But then my younger sis knows leh. Just me being lazy bah.
 
luca
oh yah, i told you i bought kelvin lao shi's pdt "beautymaker" and will give you reviews rite?
coz the pdt i bought was very specific, so i really dont know if his pdts are good. but if celeste chong uses his pdts, should be good bah heehee
spree for NRWZD is up again leh in spree section. can try and buy some stuff to try
 
pixie,
thanks for the informative tips.

i never try stickers or glue leh, coz in the 1st place im single eyelids, if suddenly double eyelids, people might misunderstand that i went for surgery.. mai lar.
but im like u, wanted to go for surgery before, many TCS actresses gone for it leh, its tempting lor, but as i grow older, the thought seems to diminish.
wats wrong with u now? aiya at least urs is natural and not fake lor
happy.gif
Have u try the Double Eyelid Clip b4? i saw it at the spree on NRWZD. Im tempted to order curler recommended by Kelvin,

wats the thing abt eyelash primer? no need curler, juz apply, eyelash will curl itself? interesting leh. no wonder japanese brand makeup so popular.

very specific, as in according to ur skin condition? so hw is it so far?
 
aiyah luca, no scared, if ppl ask you why you got double eyelids, you just say, oh i got puffy eyes and i woke up with double eyelids, or say dunno...it just appear...stress bah, or say i put sticker on, hiao, can or not??
who so bo liao/38 go and ask you one ah

mine is 1 side double eyelid, 1 side no double eyelid. so eye makeup time very mah fan

eyelash primer is just to prep and prime your lashes, and protect them from constant use of mascara lah. just like a makeup base for your eyelashes

i got the 'cover' pores stick, to glide on before i apply foundation. it will cover pores. i think they use silica/silicon. its a common ingredient in makeup
 
Jess, I hope so too but cant cuz hubby working. Got to wait till end sep.. long wait!! But that time I will be clearing block leaves, yeh!!

Anybody wants anything from kl by then?
 
pixie,
aiya i got alot of pretty ladies and lao hiao aunties in my office, even my lady boss also will comment on my makeup at times. sheesh!

aiyo, so many steps to a nice makeup. :p
 
Jess, yea driving back myself. you never drive in to msia? Driving to Kl not difficult, just follow the sign board lor, hehe. But I know the signboard can be confusing also. But I can guide u or bring u around - I will be back end sep – oct.

Luca – wah, lady boss also commenting on MU!! My lady boss bochap – she din even mu. hehe
 
tongtong,
yalor, she's always trying new makeup, will ask me to comment her makeup also. wah liew, i still a amateur leh, but, she's those petty type, i had to say nice lor.. hehe
 
luca
and somemore she is your boss
wah very hard to please, and very hard to find new comments everytime coz eventually run out of nice things to say
to lie gracefully is always hard hahahah
 
Jess,
I gonna warn you - driving up to KL is easy cos using the highway, very straight forward. BUT driving around KL is NOT easy. I lived in KL before, but I find it challenging to get to places in the city now that I have left KL for so many years. Maybe you can drive and park at the hotel then take public transport to get around? Driving in KL is really no play-play!
 
kam
haha.. thanks for the warning...
happy.gif

ya, better take public transport.. my hubby to gentle drive to compete with the msia drivers.. hahaahaa
 
may i check who recently went up to genting.

I remember i read that someone recently took plane and go up to genting right?

i need advise...so can that mummy help?
 


Jess, sure!! I will pass by midvalley megamall on my way back, you can find hotels at the mall there if you want keke.. oh yea, agree with kam, within KL itself the traffic and route quite messy, park your car at hotel and taking public transport is better idea! But I can drive you to places I know.

Eremum, issit by helicopter? Don’t think got airport up the peak wor
 

Back
Top