(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

Kam,
What a suggestion! Everyday even very siong for me when not preggy loh. LOL....

May,
If you want to try girl, better to try 2,3 days before ovulation happens. Coz by then most male sperms already dead and female sperms are still around... If you try immediately on ovulation day, the chance to kena boy is higher. BTW, it is not guaranteed, just a matter of higher chances...
 


jess,
your hb still ok leh, 12 yrs only, mine 19 yrs leh... dunno leh, my thinking still my hb alot older... imagine add 1 more year 20 yrs liao leh...hehe..
 
krystle,
can help me not? i really very stupid... how long should i put my cycle length and luteal phase leh? how to count? paiseh ah...
 
Hi gals, long time never come in. Looks like everyone popping no. 2. I'm staying at 2 for now!Geez...I should be feeling happy and loving when I see my 2 beautiful kids but these days I'm like feeling I don't love them. Dunno izzit I feel I stay at home not achieving anything and forever busy with little things, like cooking and cleaning and worrying wat to do with them coz they dun play on their own. Dunno how long I should stay home? Just 1 mth and I'm like giving up.

Any of you send to playgroup already? Know of any good ones in tpy?
 
may
hehee.. dun think too much la
happy.gif
be happy.. i am also trying for #2. lets jia you!!

baby dust~~~
 
i am fine with either boy or ger cos #1 is a boy le. (already can account to my ILs le). personally i would prefer boy.. but ger also nice
happy.gif
so anything lor.. so long as have can le. hehee...
 
Jess / May,

**sprinkle** baby dust on you :) Yes, don't think too much, you must first enjoy the process mah :)

This is one of the websites that teach you how to select baby gender http://www.askbaby.com/boy-or-girl.htm

I can't comment much cos for #1, we don't mind any gender, and for #2, it's an "accident". So never got chance to use these methods.
 
littlegym @marina square is having free trial class till end of the mth. I'm bringing my boy for Wed 10.15am class. Anyone keen to join? Just call them for trial
 
jess,
haha... seems like u more chin chye, me more difficult
happy.gif
wad u said is true lah, boy or gal same, as long can have can liao.. but me got boy liao so hope can get gal, so can close factory liao... somemore gals really got so many things to doll her up with! aiyoh, i really hopeless liao.. b4 can have gal bb already think of buying so many things...
as for my in-laws side, i dun care liao cos my hb parents already sayonara b4 i knew him...
 
May,
I also just happened to know a bit coz I did read book and other resources when trying for my #2 (I want boy and lucky enough to get a boy).
happy.gif

You said your menses came on 15th or 16th Jul right? So from 15th (assuming) should be counted as 1st day of cycle. So today is the 13th day. But can you tell me roughly how long is your cycle? 28 days?? If 28 days, maybe you will ovulate on 14th day or so.
But still OPK is more accurate. This type of thing got to monitor for a few months then you will know your own cycle and ovulation well. While monitoring my cycle, I asked hubby to be on contraceptive so that I will not get preggy. Until I am sure of my cycle and ovulation then I gave "approval" not to use contraceptive. Very bad hoh. Hahaha.. I told hubby no choice mah. Coz got to be as accurate as possible.
 
kam
i also not sure if the theory is how true cos my #1 also not based on all these theories strike de. tat time was just too active cos newly wed. hahahaa...

may
ya lor.. more chin chye for nw
happy.gif

so are u a SAHM?
 
may,
u can use cyclespage.com to record ur mense and see your ovulation dates. It is very accurate for me. :D

Baby dust!!
 
angelsky,
If grandparents are at home then more difficult for you to be consistent since they will try to interfere or make comments
happy.gif
. I'm alone with my boy at home so he can't bargain with me. But he will try to get daddy to help when he's home. They know who are the "soft targets"...hahaha. My boy will ask his grandparents, aunts, cousins, etc to let him play with all the things which I forbid eg. handphone, keys, remote control, etc. It's like that lah.
 
Jess, 37.9 is low grade fever only . ask him to sponge, give lots of water, juices, green bean and barley water, or jin yin hua . he will be fine.

Blessedbaby, yea, I bought fruit bar and cookies too, is organix available in australia? I forgot to check where organix from though. When he is noisy I will need to stuff this into his mouth, bad mummy hor :p

Luca, I never bring him to TCM yet.. so far I made soup once for him using ingredients I bought from medical hall when he fell sick due to roseola. If you think your son is not recovering well after taking western medicine, why not try tcm?

Pixie, you still using baby wipes?

Kam, you din put on the diaper properly issit? Wah kam, you can “do” everyday one so energetic wor! Haha. Btw saw your hubby again today.

May , you are sahm hor? Mind me asking, U n ur hubby 19 years dif, got gap or not huh?

Krstle, wah only now I learned that there’s female and male sperms haha.
 
I also monitor discharge:

Approaching Ovulation (chance of pregnancy):The first discharge that does appear should be moist or sticky and should be white or cream in color. In the finger test, the mucous should break easily. She will only be able to pull her fingers about 1 cm apart before it breaks. During this transition time, first the mucous will become cloudy and slightly stretchy during the finger test (this means that it will still break before the fingers are stretched all the way). As time progresses, the mucous will become greater in volume.

Right around ovulation (high chance of pregnancy): At this stage, mucous resembles egg whites. It is the thinnest, clearest and most abundant at this point in the cycle. Finger testing will allow the mucous to stretch quite a ways (several centimeters) before it breaks (if it breaks at all). ) The amount of this thin mucous will steadily increase until she experiences her 'mucous peak'. This is the last day of this period where the chance of conception is high. It is closely tied to ovulation. It is often only recognized in rertrospect. During this phase, the sperm's survival rate is higher. It can survive in cervical mucous for up to 72 hours, a significantly longer time than during the rest of the cycle.
 
krystle,
wah, sound like u really professional liao leh! erm.. how long is my cycle, so means to say from the day i stop menses to the day i have menses again is it?

jess,
me also dunno whether i sahm or not cos i m also trying to get a job... if really can, i hope can be a sahm but still have to find a way out, cannot push all $$$ burden to hb leh... u got lobang? haha...

icy, thanks for ur help! let me try n figure out...
 
tongtong,

eh.. so far so good lah... there r times we bound to have diff opinions one but fortunately (touchwood!) still not dat bad lah... hopefully nothing happens!
 
Yvonne,
You are really a strict mum leh (please take it as a compliment than otherwise :)) Both me and hubby are soft hearted, so our boy can get want he wants easily from either of us. But luckily so far so good, still managable.


Tongtong,
Sure I put on the diaper correctly. Cos he didn't have this problem for the past 18 months. For the past, when it happened, I upgraded the diaper to a bigger size and immediately no leaking. This time round, cannot upsize already, cos Petpet no XXL mah. Should have bought Mammy Poko XXL instead of XL. My boy has a big tummy, so he needs bigger size diaper.

No lah, I don't "do" it everyday (well, even when we did, that was ages ago, definitely not now). I was just suggesting to those TTC mummies, sure strike mah, if being sexually active.

Oh, you see my hubby again..... Can you see his extra flesh/fat after a few months feasting on durians or not :)
 
Just to share a few funny incidents:-

1) At supermarket the other day, my boy was sitting in the trolley and hubby was pushing him. I was going round to grab the groceries. One of my boy's shoes fell off and he was frantically trying to tell my hubby with his baby language. Hubby didn't understand and simply ignored him. When my boy saw me approaching the trolley, he quickly called and gesture to me then I realised he lost one shoe...hahaha! Heng we managed to find his crocs.

2) At home the other day, my boy was playing with hubby while I was doing laundry. Suddenly he just sat on the floor and cried big time. Hubby was totally lost and didn't understand what happened. I came out and my boy gesture to me again...he wants to drink water lah. Hahaha...hubby didn't understand what he was trying to tell him so he got so frustrated and started crying.

My hubby still ask me how come I can understand him when he's not even talking. Don't know leh...perhaps it's a mother and child thing, we look at them and we know what they want
happy.gif
 
Kam,
No worries, I know I am strict. Even with my nieces when they were young. I think they were more afraid of me than my sis (their mummy)...heehee. I don't mind being the strict one lah since everyone else lets him get away with everything.
 
Kam,
Yes, I think mummy poko need bigger size, cos their sizes are smaller. Bigger size less chances of leaking.

Yvonne,
These incidents sounds so cute! Same thing for me too, hb always don't get it. Xavier just do one action, I would roughly know what he want, why he is crying.. etc. even the way he cry and shout can also tell the difference.
 
yvonne,

your boy cant talk or can talk bit bit

my boy used to know how to say bao bao and ma ma...suddenly, he also refused to say...only occasionally.

speech is a problem....but thru his actions, we know what he want...like he asked daddy bao bao...then look at his lips...means want him to sing...dun wan that song, he will use his finger and touch daddy's lips....
 
hi to all SAHM,

I might be joining your ranks soon since my co is undergoing the excerise.

How do those covert from FTWM to SAHM feel initally?

Financially, we are still fine but of course i want to be independent, do not want to depend on hubby. Also, felt is sayang not to work to contribute to our retirement funds. Dun wish to look back and regret!!!

I have my MIL to help and she is a much better care-giver then me, so i am not worried that my daughter is not being well taken care.
HAIZ..........
 
my boy cant talk but can sing in his baby language to thomas song....the last word of the middle of the song and last word of the song...he will sing along...cant stand him.....

does he know that his mummmy is worried about his speeach....sigh
 
yvonne
i get what you mean. my boy does the gesturing thing all the time.
nowadays he is getting mild meltdowns from not able to speak. he can only gesture. so i always tell him to calm down and point to me - which he will after he cool down liao...
e.g he thirsty he will lick his lips and go "ahhhhh!!" aka relish-coke-sound. then i will fetch his water bottle. else he will hunt around the house and drink it himself...

my hb keep thinking he is throwing tantrums so the previous weekend i've been explaining to my hb countless times about the situation where the brain is quicker than the mouth syndrome for our kids. aiyoh...even yest nite i still explaining to him leh
 
yvonne/icy,

Yes agree. Think mummy can relate to our kid better than daddy. Some more, you two are SAHMs woh, sure you understand your son better lor.

My boy is learning how to sing now. His favourite song is 世上只有妈妈好. Once I start singing, he would join in with "ma, mama, mamama, mamamama" following the tone (a bit), just yesterday, he managed to sing exactly when I sing to 妈妈好, that he can sing these 3 words precisely. Also, learned the 客人来, once start on this, he would join in and sing "baba, baba, baba". And he is talking more and more..... though still baby talk.
 
kam
thats soooo cute of HR!

yest i was out with friends and when my hb called to check when am i coming home, i could hear my boy calling me mamamamamama! in the background
chey! never wanted to call me when im around so when im not around then he will call me.
 
kam,
same leh.. Xavier also went "baba, baba, baba" on 客人来. It is so funny.. whole song ba ba ba.. I video down.. but again, i am lazy to update my blog, especially my condition now.. super sleepy.. and bb not too stable sigh.
 
enemum,
mine also cant talk much, he mumble a lot.. i remember some babies there already at this stage when they are few mths old.

He only managed to call Mummy, Daddy, and granny and milk only. Can see that he is tryong to pick up some words now..

Kam,
I am having some spottings for a few days on and off. Not very good as my previous spottings experiences all lead to m/c. Now only can rest and rest.
 
icy, then rest more .....what to do. dun think too much

at least your boy can say 4 words...

wanna hear my boy say ma ma and bao bao...also like waiting for gold to drop...sigh
 
jess
bai fong wan can only take when we are having menses. eat eveeryday

duno how true. but i got preg, just after i eat 1 week of bai fong wan when i m having menses..
 
Thanks. :D

It started off when I carry Xavier ans shifting him with the car seat.. Now is cramps and spottings. Praying hard now..My previous m/c are before Xavier. But now with Xavier, I feel so much better. :D

enemum,
My boy always call Papa, he will call mummy only when he is desperate.. mostly in those crying voice.

Jess
Bai feng wan ah, I used to take 1/2 bottle (Eu Yan Seng) straight after mense end, and the other 1/2 will take 1 week later. This was advise by the TCM doc.
 
Kam, I spotted him while I busy looking for seats, but din scrutinize him so dunno got fa fu or not hahaa.

Ernmum, mine not talking yet too though he babbles a lot in his own language. Think clearest one is mummum, and sometimes heard him say mama baba but not to us. So I considered that he is not talking yet.

Icy, rest more!

Luca, tcm generally takes longer if you are ill or you want to “tiao li” or so called rebalance the yin and yang of your body. Are you referring to curing cough and cold for bb? I think it will take days too depending on the severity la. for my son’s case, that time he got very mild dry cough and very mild runny nose only. 3 days can recover already. If not mild then I think should take 1 week. If more severe one I think I will make the soup myself for him, if not getting better or becoming worse I will only bring to TCM, also depending on the child whether he looks ill or not? Still eating well? Still alert? Etc. we got to judge ourselves and decide whether to continue monitor? Or go see doc ? western or Chinese?
 
cheryl and icy
okie... like tat then i will try icy method.. cos i find it hard to swallow.. so maybe half a bottle each time is easier.. hehee...
i will go home and take today~
 
Icy,
I tried monitoring discharge but found it quite hard coz to be frank, I cannot tell the texture very well. Also tried the temperature method but that one must plot graph and be very accurate as the temperature difference is only 0.something degrees.

Tongtong,
Yes, got male and female sperms. That is why the man is the one who decides the gender, not us.

Blackbatz,
It was accurate for me leh. Coz I tried according to book and OPK and I got my #2 as boy.
happy.gif


May,
Your menses cycle is counted as 1st day your menses came until the day before your next menses appeared.
 
tongtong,
yes, cough and runny nose.
my elder boy has finished his medicine, but he's still coughing, m going to bring him see doc again tonite.
 


krystle
my discharge is very distinctive so i always gauge from discharge
sometimes got a bit crampy pain when you 'o'. will you feel that?
 

Back
Top