(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

CandiceChang/Jacelyn/Laatzy,

I am also having the same issue. My son suddenly eating lesser. He is around 9 weeks. Do you know if that's a problem? Is it really due to teething?

My milk supply also seem to reduce along with his eating habits.

any mummies staying at Boon Tiong rd?? I went to my frd's baby shower today .... his neighbour 's baby looks familiar ......

blackbatz, me still around fortunately or unfortunately. haha.
happy.gif

I've taken out my order for Made by moms pumping band for now cos there's a local equivalent that's supposed to be better. Here's the updated Babycentre order list.
A) Medela membrane (USD 4.56)
http://store.babycenter.com/product/breastfeeding/breast+pump+accessories/membranes+for+medela+breast+pumps.do?asc=false
(1) xiaoyun
(2) xiaoyun
(3) kitsune_sg
(4) babyship (Jan)

(B) LeapFrog Discovery Ball (USD 10.20)
http://store.babycenter.com/product/left+nav+pgroups/shop+by+brand/g+-+l/leapfrog/discovery+ball.do?asc=false
(1) xiaoyun
(2) xiaoyun
(3) emoments
(4) tute
(5) qoosan
(6) Jacelyn (Jan)
(7) hen

Hi!
Can I check whats this abtt? The Discovery ball thingy.. Is it worth getting in over the forum? And how useful is this and gd for my bb development? Can someone pls advise me?

Fern

i went church yest wif hb and bb. itz e 1st time bring bb to service. we didnt went to e main hall but we were in e nursery rm..

we saw a maid handle a bb boy abt 6mths startin to crawl.. e way she handle e bb a bit horrible, she use one hand to hold e bb and scold e bb and after e service we saw e parents.. they ask e maid" did he finish e milk?" she replied "Yes". but we saw she pour away half bottle of e milk.
e maid was totally another person wen saw e employer.. a bird in front of employer but a lion behind their back.

HI Lynn...

My menses just came... was worried sick when it didnt come as so oo scared wait preegie again.. haha.... It was my first time Good Fri going for the main service.. WE were at the cry room for the first tme.. After hearing what you waid re maids will def made me more cautious to be with my boy the whole time and not leave alne with maid and we seriously will not know wat will happen if bb being left alone.. Luckily my parents and I go to the same church just diff service.. How abtt you? How to you handle...But seriously with a bb hard to concentrate during services men!

michelle
15 hours of sleep? oh no... my boy is super not sleepy. He usually only sleep about 8 hrs at night, then daytime in aggregate probably 3-4hrs. i always see him yawning but he dont want to sleep.. or either sleep less than 1 hr wake up liao. and during the 1hr, he will sleep 15 mins then fidget, sleep 15mins fidget. mummy and daddy already panda, wait he become little panda also.

<font color="aa00aa">hi mummies!!

Pureen
someone is asking about Pureen? Me using the Pureen bottle cleanser. Good. I like it. Much better than pigeon and it's cheap. Expo BB Fair selling $6 per bottle or $10 for 2.

Expo BB Fair
agree. fair fall below expectations. last time fair got more milk powder companies eg. Dumex. this time round, boh. i dun seem to see any. hope next Baby Fair will be better. </font>

hi all,
babycenter spree closed. Thanks for the participation.

Domestic Shipping Base Charge 5.99

A) Medela membrane (USD 4.56)
http://store.babycenter.com/product/breastfeeding/breast+pump+accessories/membranes+for+medela+breast+pumps.do?asc=false
(1) xiaoyun
(2) xiaoyun
(3) kitsune_sg
(4) babyship (Jan)

Domestic Shipping:
0.24 /item

(B) LeapFrog Discovery Ball (USD 10.20)
http://store.babycenter.com/product/left+nav+pgroups/shop+by+brand/g+-+l/leapfrog/discovery+ball.do?asc=false
(1) xiaoyun
(2) xiaoyun
(3) emoments
(4) tute
(5) qoosan
(6) Jacelyn (Jan)
(7) hen
(8) kelly
(9) lyn78 (Jan)
(10) stephie

Domestic Shipping:
0.43 /item

(C) Little Monster Hoodie &amp; Pant Set (USD 11.90)
http://store.babycenter.com/product/on+sale/baby+clothing+on+sale/carter%27s+clothing+/little+monster+hoodie+-+pant+set.do?asc=false
Qty: 1
Size: 6M
(1) icy

Domestic Shipping:
0.36 /item

(D) Non-Burning and Calming Diaper Area Wash (USD 7.62)
http://store.babycenter.com/product/non-burning+and+calming+diaper+area+wash.do?search=basic&amp;keyword=california&amp;sortby=shortdesc&amp;asc=true&amp;page=2
(1) xiaoyun

Domestic Shipping:
0.24 /item

(E) SPF 30+ Citronella Bug Blend Sunscreen (USD 13.74)
http://store.babycenter.com/product/spf+30-+citronella+bug+blend+sunscreen.do?search=basic&amp;keyword=california&amp;sortby=shortdesc&amp;asc=true&amp;page=2
(1) xiaoyun

Domestic Shipping:
0.36 /item

(F) Sleep bra (USD 15.27)
http://store.babycenter.com/product/maternity/lingerie+-+sleepwear/sleep+bra.do?asc=false
Qty:1
Colour: white
Size: Small
(1) babyship (Jan)

Domestic Shipping:
0.34 /item

itok
aiyah my girl also like dat. sleep 15 min, wake u, i carry her to sleep again, then 15 min wake up again. so i really hv no idea if shes getting enuf sleep either.

i am so sad now. my elder son got chicken pox! he is only 18 mths old n i was actually gonna bring him for his vaccination this coming wk. who knew, b4 i can bring him, he kena liao
sad.gif

hi!

Fern: Yest was e 1st time my bb went to church, so hb and i stay at e nursery rm wif bb becos we wanna see how e church helper handle bb.
happy.gif
we watch e service thru e tv.

In fact e helpers r better in handling bb than e maid... hahaaa! parents can stay wif bb or u can leave bb wif e helpers.

mei: i was at e expo and passby e pureen counter e girl was promotin e pureen top to toe wash at 3 bottles for $12 and she gav a few packs of wetwipes to us. so we bought 3 bottles... is it gd? anybody use b4 Pureen top to toe wash?

<font color="aa00aa">Pureen
Lynn, AH! good leh. how come no staff promote to me. I was considering to buy or not. but din buy cos' the queue was so long, and my #1 was cranky. Urgh. Wasted. Nvm. hope next bb fair has.

Is the Pureen Wet Wipes samples? If you have spare, can I request a sample pack from u, please?</font>

hi all,
this is the breakdown of charges.
exchange rate use 1.5 (adjust again with credit card bill)

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD>Unit Price</TD><TD>Unit</TD><TD>Domestic Shipping Base Charge</TD><TD>Domestic shipping</TD><TD>Total Domestic shipping</TD><TD>Total (USD)</TD><TD>Total (SGD) </TD></TR><TR><TD>xiaoyun</TD><TD>Medela membrane</TD><TD>4.56</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0.67</TD><TD>0.48</TD><TD>1.15</TD><TD>10.27</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>LeapFrog Discovery Ball</TD><TD>10.19</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0.67</TD><TD>0.86</TD><TD>1.53</TD><TD>21.91</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Non-Burning and Calming Diaper Area Wash</TD><TD>7.62</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0.34</TD><TD>0.24</TD><TD>0.58</TD><TD>8.2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>SPF 30+ Citronella Bug Blend Sunscreen</TD><TD>13.74</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0.34</TD><TD>0.36</TD><TD>0.70</TD><TD>14.44</TD><TD>82.23 </TD></TR><TR><TD>kitsune_sg</TD><TD>Medela membrane</TD><TD>4.56</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0.34</TD><TD>0.24</TD><TD>0.58</TD><TD>5.14</TD><TD>7.71 </TD></TR><TR><TD>babyship (Jan)</TD><TD>Medela membrane</TD><TD>4.56</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0.34</TD><TD>0.24</TD><TD>0.58</TD><TD>5.14</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Sleep bra</TD><TD>15.27</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0.34</TD><TD>0.34</TD><TD>0.68</TD><TD>15.95</TD><TD>31.64 </TD></TR><TR><TD>emoments</TD><TD>LeapFrog Discovery Ball</TD><TD>10.19</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0.34</TD><TD>0.43</TD><TD>0.77</TD><TD>10.96</TD><TD>16.44 </TD></TR><TR><TD>tute</TD><TD>LeapFrog Discovery Ball</TD><TD>10.19</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0.34</TD><TD>0.43</TD><TD>0.77</TD><TD>10.96</TD><TD>16.44 </TD></TR><TR><TD>qoosan</TD><TD>LeapFrog Discovery Ball</TD><TD>10.19</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0.34</TD><TD>0.43</TD><TD>0.77</TD><TD>10.96</TD><TD>16.44 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jacelyn (Jan)</TD><TD>LeapFrog Discovery Ball</TD><TD>10.19</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0.34</TD><TD>0.43</TD><TD>0.77</TD><TD>10.96</TD><TD>16.44 </TD></TR><TR><TD>hen</TD><TD>LeapFrog Discovery Ball</TD><TD>10.19</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0.34</TD><TD>0.43</TD><TD>0.77</TD><TD>10.96</TD><TD>16.44 </TD></TR><TR><TD>kelly</TD><TD>LeapFrog Discovery Ball</TD><TD>10.19</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0.34</TD><TD>0.43</TD><TD>0.77</TD><TD>10.96</TD><TD>16.44 </TD></TR><TR><TD>lyn78 (Jan)</TD><TD>LeapFrog Discovery Ball</TD><TD>10.19</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0.34</TD><TD>0.43</TD><TD>0.77</TD><TD>10.96</TD><TD>16.44 </TD></TR><TR><TD>stephie</TD><TD>LeapFrog Discovery Ball</TD><TD>10.19</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0.34</TD><TD>0.43</TD><TD>0.77</TD><TD>10.96</TD><TD>16.44 </TD></TR><TR><TD>icy</TD><TD>Little Monster Hoodie &amp; Pant Set</TD><TD>11.89</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0.34</TD><TD>0.36</TD><TD>0.70</TD><TD>12.59</TD><TD>18.89 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

please transfer the amount to my POSB savings account 198-15117-3.
Thanks.

Sigh.. I am having food poisoning.... Started yest morning. Poo water so many times... Feel weak. today better.

Shannonbaby
To reduce milk supply, you pump lesser. and drag the interval longer. Next time when you wan to stop bf, you oso have to do it this way. So now if you pump 100ml. you stop at 80ml or so. And if you usually pump every 3 hours, you drag to 4 hours. LIke tat less chance of engorgement.

Fern
My #1 and #2's age gap is 3.5 years. #1 was a difficult child, hardly slept, had bad separation anxiety, yells and screams... I knew I couldn't cope if I had #2 too soon. It would be good to have kids with close age gap and grow up tog. But if the parents can't cope, or mentally not prepared, end up worse. I realise for pple who have kids with close age gaps, they are usually working and have pple to take care of their kids and they are the relaxed, more bo chap kind of parents (no offence here). Cos I have been a SAHM and it is touch job without help. Luckily now I do, or else peng san.

Ahcapp
Aiyo, dun say you not a good mother. Being a mom is a big step forward. It can be overwhelming. You can't predict how things will turn out. Hey, look at Maureen, she has 3 kids!
My hb and I used to look after our girl ourselves. Cos we were living abroad. Wah piang, damn tiring, it is like not you, then it's me. I bathe, he take care, he work I take care. V v tiring. And everywhere we go, we have to bring her along, no such thing as can't bring baby out when they too young.
I used to dread night time, cos it is dark, quiet and lonely, and you know tat small fella is gg to wake up a few times, crying for milk, you have to feed, pump, wash sterilise, change, clean his poo... when you lie down, next feed liao. So this time ard, I can't be bothered to pump to upkeep supply, cos I know if constantly bf, still will have ss. So I stopped the pumping, only pump if engorged and i know he wont drink from tat side for the next 2 hours or so.

Wendyg
I dun freeze it, I just pump, then leave in the fridge for 2 or 3 days at most. And I give #1 from there. Anyway ah, #2 is wasting my milk, cos each time I heat up 1 bottle to try feed him, he wont take. Sigh...

mom2nat,

I dont latch on nw. I am only pumping 5 times a day nw. per time about 250-300ml. Weekend i will pump 4 times a day so that i can spend time with my gal. But my milk flow very fast, within 15min, i can get ard 300ml. trying very hard to pump lesser nw cos everyday have to throw away the milk.
Anyone want forzen EBM??

mom2nat
Take care, take charcoal pills? Also can take 100plus to replenish ur water loss. Dun take milk products or oily stuff.

babyshannon
I envy ur milk supply. I pump 6x a day. each time just ard 160-180. Takes me like 30mins to pump.. if never pump for 6 hrs then ard 250.

Everyday I will have 1 bottle extra becos BB sleep 6 hrs at nite, else it would had been just nice only.. so scare not enough soon.. cos had not been increasing much over the 2 weeks. my BB already 9 weeks.

icy,

dont need to envy my milk supply. I guess my problem is becos my gal drink very little. she only have about 6 feeds per day and each time only drinking 110ml. Thats why i have so much excess. she turns 11 weeks today!

babyshannon, me envy u too.
my 1 day pump supply enough for 2 feeds only.
low supply is headache, didnt know too much also a problem.

babyshannon
BB ger drink lesser bah. My boy drinks ard 7x a day and each time 125ml. Sometimes before sleep need to feed him first..it can be his last feed is 1.5 hrs back and I had to give him ard 60-80 to drink then he will sleep.

mom2nat

Pls take good care of yourself. Yes, drink lots of water.

Oh, I can totally relate to u. I am soo scare of night time too! I know no matter how much I feed my son in the day (or even "tank" him up before I hit my sack), he will wake up in the middle of the night crying for milk. =( It indeed is very lonely and sad to wake up (while the whole world is asleep) and feed, pump and wash etc etc.

U know the block opp mine, there is this person who always stay up till about 3 to 4am every night using his PC. I suspect he is dealing with US market or something. Anyway, when I wake up in the middle of the night, his house's lights are still on. But by the time I finish my feed, he has already went to bed! *LOL* N yet I must still drag out my pump to pump milk. =S Sad life. Sometimes I pump till I knock out in my sofa, half naked! *LOL* Or I will quickly 'chop chop' pump and close shop. Don't even bother if still have remaining milk or not. =P No mood to squeeze and massage my breats like in the day.

Btw, can I ask who is helping u now? Btw, i really 'pei fu' all SAHM. =) It's really a big committment to stay at home and look after your kids full time.

For me, I got so sick of staying at home all day long. I still don't really dare to venture out with my son. It's like everything runs round a 3hr cycle, and with pumping added in. By the time I finish feeding etc, it's time for pumping. By the time I finish pumping, it's time to get my son to sleep. It just goes on n on n on. *LOL* Going out is like going for war, soo many things to pack! *shake head*

babyshannon

Wow, me envy u too. I need to sit down for at least 30min to get everything clear from my boobs. Sit till backache liao. ;P

mom2nat &amp; ah capp
same here. I am scared of night time too... it's like if he feeds at say ard 1am.. i noe in about 3-4 hrs time, i gotta wake up and feed him again and repeat the same routine. eyes are not even half open and gotta feed. and what if he fidgets somemore. everytime when my boy is finishing his milk, i will do a silent prayer that he will fall asleep soon- if not, i no need to sleep liao.

i am only in charge of feeding &amp; burping, my husband in charge of making the milk and washing. i dont breastfeed so i dont need to pump.

Yen,

my bb gal is also in infant care nw since early Mar. first few days the teachers always complain that she wants to be carried. Nw they understand her rountine and is better at taking care of her.

AhCapp,

I used Medela PIS Adv. Thats why i can pump so fast. Decided to invest in a good pump as i can afford to take my own sweet time to pump in school.

re: babycenter spree
hi all. regret to inform u all that bbcenter spree cannot proceed cos my credit card issuing bank is not US based (even my billing add already changed to US).
thought of using concierge service but it's only 2 hr to promotion end date. don't wish to spent too long hrs argue with CGW CS (too fed up with their service)

to ppl have transferred $ to me, pls pm me ur account so that i can return u $

so sorry for the inconvenience caused.

QQ / Icy
Tks. Yest I had a hard time walking to the clinic, like gg to collaspe. Doc told me to drink 100plus oso, say drink 3L by night time. Fainted... He say or else milk ss will get affected.

Shannon
Your ss is v good!! I used to pump like you, the Avent 260ml bottle not enough to put my milk... but hor, no point have so much if your bb is not having so much. You can always reduce, pump 250ml and stop. I regret pump and pump then breast engorged easily... now breast saggy liao. Oso, tat time my girl din drink like 50ml each time, one whole day 350ml for a 5 month old baby!! And I was pumping like a cow! Tat time I felt great achievement with the milk I pump, but now looking back I regreted, should have spent more time playing with her, rather than trying to upkeep the milk ss and feeling tired all the time.

Ahcapp
Now I have maid and my mil comes by a few days a week to help me. So I no need to carry him all the time. He wants pple to carry, put down cry, wake up kind. With help hor, I cna understand how pple have so many kids. But ah, last time when I was abroad, my 2 other frens have 3 kids, all no helpers leh. They have to cook lunch and dinner for the hb and kids, feed and bathe the kids. And when we go out, they will bring all 3 kids!! So when I look at them, I will say... I must persevere... I only worked part time recently, cos a bit bored... but I think with #2, again can't work liao. Cos he refuse bottle and mil and maid can't cope with 2 kids.
How come you latch still pump? V tiring leh. Are you gg back to work?

itok / ahcapp
We mothers are so well trained, we can do things in the middle of the night, even with the light out! I can make milk without having to on the light oso. It is so tiring to wake up at night, wake up to pee during preg already sian... now is wake up and you must be alert, bf or bottle feed, and clean poo!!!
With #2, my hb so relaxed, only play and carry. No need change or feed him. #1 he do until scared liao. hahaha... He say with #2, so many pple snatching to do the job!

Icy
How's the pump you bought? Good? Can sleep more at night liao? Heee...

Re: Pneumonococcal Jabs

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Mummies, anyone has given their little one or will be giving their little one the above stated jabs? My doc said if want to, can take it on 3rd, 6th, 9th and 12th months but it's like so poor thing to take so many jabs as there's also 6 in 1 as well. Some people say can wait till 1 year old then take as it will only require 2 jabs. What are your views?</font>

mom2nat that time I have a run oso .... it lasted 3 days .. me lost 3kg from there .... my mil say cos i eat too liang stuffs that why will LS

mom2nat

I long time no latch lor. My son doesn't like my nipples *LOL* =P I am only pumping and feeding my son EBM now.

Me going back to work in 3 weeks time. Will try to continue to pump. If not, will give FM. Really bo bian. Work is a stressful place and I am always up and about. Walk 1 step, see 1 step lah.

bTw, i agree with your opinions on pumping. I am currently supplying more than my son can drinks. =( Not that I can pump alot, but my son at 9 weeks doesn't drink so much. if i Don't pump, I worry about engorgement. If I pump, I have spare milk. My freezer also running out of space. =( N yes, pumping takes a lot of time. Nowadays, i really 'chop chop' At most 1/2hr close shop liao. ;) When I first started pumping, I will pump for 1 hr man! But that was when I have CL to help me out.. hehehehe

Michelle

I was reading the tracy hogg questions and answers book. Your darling slept so little, there could be 2 possibilities (accorrding to the book). 1 is due to hunger, another could be your girl has not fallen into deep sleep yet. So every time she will wake up. Perhaps when your girl sleeps, stay with her. If she has fallen into deep sleep, her breathing will be slow and steady. She will look as if she has 'melt into the mattress' (as per tracy hogg said) My son will sleep like that when he is fast asleep. Move his arms/ hands about also no reaction.

Hmm.. for my son's case, as soon as i see he yawns or eyes become smaller, I will quickly bring him back to his cot and swaddle him up. After that, he will slowly fall asleep himself. Of course, sometimes I will help him by giving him a pacifier when he is cranky ;P He will sleep about 1 hr, and wakes up for milk. So far, I have no problem with his naps. *touch wood* I can only pray that he will continue to be good and don't bully me though.

itok

sorry for the late reply. yes. i add infacol into the milk bottle before making the milk. i super KS i also added into the ebm tt he takes. actually ebm dun need to add cos less bubbles but not harm adding also...

mom2nat, hope you are feeling better. Ya, drink mmore fluids esp since BF.

AhCapp, me too, especially pumping at night, so tired to pump, wash and sterilise when the whole world is sleeping. I pump until breast not lumpy then close shop liao, never massage before pumping though I'm supposed to. :p

Anyone has leaking boobies every 2 hours even though pumping every 3 hours? I wonder why I have it, always stain my shirt. I tried pumping when I leak but only get very little. :p

Mei, I use Pigeon breast pads until very siong leh, already finished 2 boxes, only left with 1 box. I don't like to wear bra at home, always stick the pads on t shirt so it'll still stain so now I don't bother, my ILs &amp; hubby always see my "chou" tai. :p

Kitsune,
You can 'tahan' the wet t-shirts and milky smell on your body. Peifu!!

Shannonbaby,
When I was doing full EBM for #1, there was so much milk. Eventually, he didn't like it and I had to throw away my frozen EBM. Those days, I was using Avent milk bags and they were very expensive. Then I realised it was a case of over pumping.

Usually, I will pump at 11 pm and then go to sleep. I wouldn't wake up to pump anymore. Zachary has started to sleep through the night. Nowadays, he wakes up a t 5.30 am to drink. Occasionally, he will wake up at 4.30 am.

All the mummies have gone back to work ah??

mei: e pureen wet wipes is 30pcs in a pc. i tink is not sample.

mom2nat: u feel better? u still workin pt?
no need to work, u already a mother of 2 can enjoy life... maybe i will consider to b sahm if i hav 2.
happy.gif

Shannon, so envy you. Can have letdown so fast and get somuch. Me went back to work liao. Sometimes have to pump more than 30 mins to get 5 oz.

Now my boy also doesn't wake up for milk. But I have to wake up to pump. Engorged very difficult to pump.

ahcapp
wah me envious leh. your boy can fall asleep on his own? i'm like babe - still hv to carry carry until she sleep. when i carry her, i play with her arms they also flop around so i tot she deep sleep. but when put down, 5 min later wake up. sometimes 15 min. never more than 1/2 hr. she shd not be hungry cos i'd have fed her just about 1 hr ago!

Ahcapp &amp; kitsune_sg
U are not alone, we are hardworking mummies trying to let our babies have the best. My hb had been overseas for like 1 mth already. I had to manage everything on my own during the night time - feed, wash, pump and everything.. My mil did offer to take care of BB at night, but I stubbornly refuse to because I worried that BB will be more attached to her.. so now I just have to work extra hard.. After withstanding for 1 mth, I am glad that my hb would be coming back to singapore in 4 days time. :D

mom2nat
The pump is working well for me, save like 30-50% of pumping time. It works better when I get the additional flanges and handsfree set from mumfairy. At least now can lean back a bit to relax. But I don't dare to use it in the middle of the night, seemed to be very loud in the middle of the night and when my son move a bit, I am all wired up, so hard to response immediately when he could have continue to sleep. So I still use manual at night, anyway manual still best at removing lumps.

ahcapp &amp; mum2nat
I also wanna sleep in the middle of the night. But I thought must at least pump 6x a day to maintain supply.. so I dare not stop pumping, especially when my SS is just excess by 1 bottle per day.

violetlce
I don't think i will give Xavier Pneumonococcal Jabs now. It is more for babies who go childcare or with contact with many people, else we can wait later on if BB always at home.

Back