(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

hi i am 5 weeks pregnant now and since 4 weeks having spotting. As gynae cant see the sag yet so got to go this week for ultrascan. Hope everything is ok.

i'm also 2008 jan MTB! my edd is 5 jan... hope it won't pop out so soon.... cos my birthday is 10 jan... hee..... same birthday, best!
i'm now 7 weeks preg! my gynae is TMC andrian tan!

kab: if u r having spotting, see ur gynae immediately ok? I got spotting last week, went to see gynae, he give me MC for three days to rest. Nothing Serious happen, just check with gynae better!

i went to my usual gynae and she didnt bother to ask me rest. She told me that maybe is miscarriage and ask me to think positive. I called her and she told me that now is still soon to see the sag and if i come down now, she can only give me jab and nothing else. Is it very discouraging.
Today i just call Dr yvonne chan and hope to seek her opinion.

Hi eRnMum,
Ya lor...that y my coll n my hb ask me to faster go n see gynae...
sad.gif
me intending to see tmr nite...

ernmum: you think so? Actually i was quite indecisive as my record of previous complications is with her. So i thought stick with her is easier for me. But looking at afew incident, i really lose faith in her.

hi crazy, yup, i think so?

your doctor from where.

Think we pregnant mum needs a lot of reassurance and concern. But i dun think you are getting from her.

We pay her leh

babyling, i do have backache and i can hardly stand straight last week ...... apply hot water compress will feel better ...
happy.gif

qingqing,
my backache is more when walking or turning ....din do much to the ache....i rest over the wkend..nw ok liao...no more aching..:p

babyling, glad that u r ok ... me ok too hahah i still went malacca over the wkend ha ha ha

Hi ladies!

qingqing: thks..
happy.gif
as i havnt seen any gynae yet and itz my 1st time so a bit worried..

babyling: how r u? still remember mi?
happy.gif

my appt wif Dr Henry Cheng is on 30May.

qingqing,
haha..me now dun dare to go anywhere.....get tired very easily...
sad.gif

Lynn,
of cos! hehe me...quite ok but nw n then quite tired, nauseas ....me havnt see gynae yet :p me gng to see gynae tmr nite..:p ya me too, dunno what will be happening in the first visit....:p

bluerose and kitmum,
re the spotting - i saw my gynae last week. she told me nothing much can be done. just avoid carrying heavy things and "intimacy". had 2 days MC last week.
i am seeing her again on thursday for the viability scan. just keeping my fingers crossed.

my first visit to gynae - urine test to confirm the pregnancy, ultrasound scan to locate the sac, and to continue the folic acid.

the scan was quite uncomfortable. but it's all worth it when you see the picture of the "baby" (actually it's just a circle)

I went last wed to see the gynae do the scan ... but gynae never do urine test with me ..... hmmm cant scan anything yet cos she say is only 5 weeks .... so she prescribe me with Duphaston .... and she will see me again on 30 may to scan again for sac ....

eh I am kind of tired oso lah hahahah but think of it quite fun but my poor mummy so worry kekekeke

i had very weird dreams for the past few nights - dreamt of beancurd skin spring roll made by my grandma. maybe i'll go crystal jade tonight to satisfy my craving.

hi kab!

u crave for spring roll, mi hav craving for durian.. i tink aft i see my gynae already then eat durian..

durian is good - it's "heaty" so it's good for pregnancy.
i am not signing up for package. My company policy is very weird - i can only claim the medical bills if i am not on package. so i am paying "per visit" and "per scan".

qingqing,
It is quite weird when your gynae said cant scan anything and is 5th week. And you have to wait till you are 7th week? I thought 5th week usually you are able to see.

ernmum: I just went to see another gynae but not yvonne chan as she is not available. today is my exact 5th week and he said cant detect but he sees that my lining is thickening so should be ok but of cos not much assurance as he said it could be ectopic too. Got to wait again.

Hi Ladies,

I am 6 weeks pregnant, LMP 12 April, edd should be somewhere in mid jan. I have make an appt with Dr Benjamin Tham (KKH) in 2 weeks time, has anyone here seen him previously?

Crazy, my frd told me some 5 weeks cant see anything 7-8 weeks then can see one wor ..... so have to wait patiently heehee .....

for me b4 i test for pregnancy I was craving alot on mug (rootbeer) happily drinking it .... I dun have much craving now but gets hungry very easily hahaha .....

kab: per visit, per scan... muz b v exp ritz?

thks, i scared 1st visit, hav to decide on e package.. and pay a lump sum.. fainted!!

lynn
if my company can claim, no matter how ex i also wun sign package la...

kab
so lucky of u can claim this $$. U working for foreign co i guess?

ya man .... so good can claim i dun think mine can claim sianz ..... even my thyroid medical i oso cant claim
sad.gif
so now preggie liao every mth i think i have to pay ard 200+ for medical of thyroid fee + gynae

yup. it's actually more expensive to pay per visit/per scan. but since the company is paying so nevermind loh.
happy.gif

company also very smart lah - i can only go to government hospital. so i am going to KK, but using their private suite and registering as an A Plus patient, ie can choose doctor, short waiting time etc.

Hi everyone,
for me, my company cant claim. But lucky my hb's company can claim. So like kab, will be going for KKH private suite and choose my own doc..hehe..

hi there

i had spotting at week 5 (last week) too and went to kkh. the doctor cant be bothered and said it was normal. that's why i went to see dr douglas ong at mount elizabeth who comes highly recommended for his skills.

my sister had same problem during her pregnancy but dr douglas ong was good in early intervention with jabs and medication.

i had a mc before and my gynae at that time did not do anything and just said leave it to nature.
so i believe the choice of gynae is very important now and hope my current pregnancy goes well. wish all good luck too.

Hi all,

Nice to meet you ladies, my EDD 21st Jan 2008. Now into my 6th week, still anticipating to see the scan for my baby's heartbeat.

Congratulations to all!

Hi hi, I've got the same EDD as November. Also 2nd pregnancy but this time round seems to have more ms and keep having cramps and funny cravings. Gynae prescribed duphaston as well.Anyway what's it for?

Went to gynae at 5 weeks but can see sac and yolk already but still too early. Gotta go back 2 weeks' time for another scan

hi babe

Duphaston is a progesterone often prescribed in early pregnancy when there is a risk of miscarriage.

Many answers to the questions we have can be found on the internet.

hi!

Most of u r lucky.. u means to said dat ur company can claim all expenses during ur prenancy & delivery? datz v gd!
happy.gif

As for my co. dun hav dis benefit.

golden pig, yes that's what I found out. But I wonder y the gynae gave me that coz I no spotting at all just told her cramps...

babe i oso no .... she prescribe that is to prevent MC ..... so have to eat loh must kuai kuai listen hehehehe i have so many pills to eat must remember

hi everyone,

i m new here. just tested with the kit & it says i m pregnant. :p my EDD should be in mid Jan 08 coz my LMP was 10/4 which is same as Kab...

at a lost, dunno what to do nxt & which gynae to go. anyone got good gynae & reasonable price gynae to recommend to me?? oh ya, may i know how much is the price for each visit? :p

another qtn that i have is... do we need to see the gynae that r located at specific hospital.. for eg, if i want to go mt alvernia or tmc to give birth, do i have to decide by now which gynae to go?? pls advice.

thanks!
happy.gif

hi Superbee,
my edd shd be the same as yours cos my LMP was 10/4 too.
Re:gynae
U shd choose a gynae u are comfortable with. For me, i very kia su. 1st visit to the gynae for this bb already sign package with him liao. I find that he is ok n reasonable lor but tat's cos my first bb was delivered by him too :p all the best to u
happy.gif

superbee
choosing gynae
- get recommendations from your frens/ relatives/ colleagues. Likely they can inform u where's the gynae clinic, which hospital does the gynae deliver, what's the contact tel.
or
- find one that's convenient for u.. eg if u live in the East, dun need to travel all the way to the West.

first few visits, i guess it's ok to shop around to 'try' diffrnt gynaes until u find one u're comfortable with, but most gynaes charge higher for first consultation (eg $100-$200), then subsequent consultations are cheaper ($50-$80)...

u can call up the gynae clinic to chk on their prices.. most receptionists will explain in greater detail.

There are gynaes clinics located away from hospitals, and they'll make the trip to the hosp when u deliver.

happy shopping

Hi,

I am new here as well. I had my LMP om 6 apr went to see doctor and had 2 scans already. Can detect a mild heart beat already. But i have spotting on the past few weeks so was given MC for thesse 3 days!!! The doctor also gave me 2 injections on each visit and hormone pills said to stabilised my condition! So boring at home!

Hi, me also Jan MTB.

When I knew I was pregnant, I was happy and thot EDD Mar. But when i use the calculator, I got a shock to realise it's Jan. i couldn't sleep that nite cos it coincides with CNY and my son by then is less than 2yo.

then i started blaming myself for not planning carefully. my hubby kept consoling me, God's timing is the best...

now i feel better... seeing so many Jan MTB here..
happy.gif

Hi Fishia,

Dun blame urself, u can never have the best plan. So when is ur EDD? I tot CNY is early feb next yr?

Hi fishia,

Think i understand how you feel. Mine is also an unexpected one tho our feel is we will let nature takes its own course. Never suspected that i am pregnant cos cannot...the dates dun match. Then when i know that i am pregnant, besides happiness, i am thinking how am i going to cope with my first one who is now 18mths. He is still rather sticky. Ideally i would like to have a second one when the elder one understand what di di mei mei means.

Well, its all planned so take it as it is.

By then the gap will be 26months

what abt yours?

ya, just now went to check and wanna post

haha, mistake...=)

golden pig, why you call yourself golden pig huh

is it cos our babies going to be piggy

Back