(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs


Kam,
U mean ship direct from Amazon? Sometimes Amazon offer free US shipping so it could be cheaper to have free local shipping and let vpost charge the international shipping.

I only order Amazon books from spree, especially those really on sale with FOC US shipping. Overall it is still cheaper to buy from there.
 
Icy,
Yes, I mean ship direct from amazon. Yes, our order is entitled to FOC local shipping. But I think the vpost international shipping is still more expensive than amazon charges, because the books are very heavy.
 
Kam
Oic, perhaps can check with pixie since she done spree before. Not sure if other shipping company would charge lesser. Amazon always pack in huge boxes which make vpost even charge more.
 
Steph,
Thanks for helping me identify all the kiddos
happy.gif


Mummies,
If you want the group photos and those of your kiddos, please pm me your email address ok. Thanks.
 
Qns: If one day, yr hb tells u that he got NO confidence that he won't be tempted by another woman of his dreams outside, what will u do??
A: Tell him it's going to cost him his marriage, half of his assets and his kids. If he don't mind losing everything he has worked hard for so many years then feel free to be tempted by other woman...
 
Icy,
Thanks! Waiting for <font color="ff0000">Pixie</font> to comment.....


kitsune,
Oh really. Ok, I will take a look later. Company blocks shopping websites :)
 
kam
sorry ah, i was away for a while.
you checked amazon's international shipping or what? how much is that?
amazon usually offers free domestic shipping but international shipping they dont offer free, and is more ex. you buying direct from amazon.com or from many suppliers from amazon.com??
 
nez,
if my hb just out of the blue tells me dat, i'll be suspicious and try to find out is he tryin to hint to me dat he's seeing somebody behind my back.
 
mcfluffy
i think got quite a few is non toxic leh. maybe crayola one is? and i saw 1 brand popping up: bebe giotte or something like that. italian brand, most suitable for 2y+ tods. they have crayons, pencils, paints, clay, markers etc
very tempted to buy but quite ex lah. anyway i just let my boy doodle on the aqua mat first lor
 
luca
me too....
coz nez's qn is whats your reaction when he told you that but never said he oredi has another woman behind his back.

but general response from mummies oredi tok about divorce, assets etc etc hahah jump very far liao leh...
 
pixie,
ya lor, i thought so too. haha as if it oredy happen. i think its becoz we woman think very far and thorough.
nonetheless, i will appreciate his frankness, usually people will say no, but still will do it when the thing really happens :p
and man dun say something for nothing.
 
pixie,
All from amazon. Not from different suppliers. Shipment $4.99 + $4.99 per item. So I have 8 books to order, shipment is going to be US$44.91, expensive or not ah? Likely going to be 0.5 - 1kg per book.
 
kam
u must do calculations yourself liao. like icy said, amazon likes to pack in big boxes.

amazon int'l shipping:
USD4.99 + USD4.99 PER book.
means if you got 10books, its USD4.99 + USD49.90
which means its around SGD80??

vpost shipping ex US to SG:
base charge $12.40, and its $8.60 per kg
the "per kg" depends on which every is greater: actual weight or volumetric weight
e. a 3kg box is around $38.2
volumetric weight is tricky; you need to get the cbm of the box (l x b x h)
go to https://www.vpost.com.sg/vpost/vshopCalculator?query=Calculate&amp;&amp;country=USA&amp;&amp;asiacountry=SG to calculate your inputs.

you can get amazon to pack as compact as possible :p

good thing is amazon got the weight of the books so you can add up and see which is more ex to use
 
kam
which means is around SDG65 le...
for vpost to hit around SGD65, your box should weight around 7.5kg (applies to both volumetric weight or actual weight)
 
pixie,
Oh, amazon got the weight of the books one ah. Ok, I go back and check again. Thanks, thanks, I should have done more homework :)
 
a 7.5kg box (if charged by volumetric weight) should be around 35x35x35cm lo

do you think amazon will pack 8 books into such big box???
 
kam
i read somewhere while surf ard amazon, that they have the weight of the book. they have weight of every item in amazon :p not only books wor
 
pixie,
now I can't go in to amazon. I'll check later. And will try the website kitsune recommended also.

Anyone wants to tumpang orders from amazon?
 
pixie,
I should rephase what I am trying to say abt today's topic.

If hb start telling me this - even if not happen yet, I will plan to take over the finance, cos saying something like that to a wife would make me lost confidence in him. So that when the real thing happens, i wont be in state of shock.
 
icy
hmmm you got a point there
i will start making backup plans too heehee

actually i got backup plan in place liao haha. never be unprepared for a battle. its just like buying insurance. you dont wish to die or have an accident but having insurance for the peace of mind, why not?
 
Qns: If one day, yr hb tells u that he got NO confidence that he won't be tempted by another woman of his dreams outside, what will u do??

Ans: more or less same as icy. He should have already considered the consequences before he got tempted. It's his calculated risk. But of cos getting the money now then later when the thing happen is more important. I have a friend who's ex hubby declare himself earning very little, thus no money to give the family, but in fact, he's earning a lot, there're loopholes in the system thus, should start protecting ourselves now then later :p
 
pixie,
I think my backup plan not ready yet. In a way cos I trust him now. Then we don't have our own house and I don't work now. Actually quite dangerous state I am in.


Continue with today topic
1) Will you allow your hubby to go those night club and KTV with those women accompanying with his friends? Even if he tells you?
 
icy,
i think steph ask similar to this question before.

i will not allow my hb to go, duno what the hell they do in there. i believe : mei you bu chi yu de mao. :p
 
Missed out answering the question of the day. hee.

If hubby were to say that to me, I'll ask him why he has no confidence and examine what is the root of the problem. Then work towards improving the situation.

Maybe I've said something similar to hubby before that I don't have confidence that I won't be tempted because I feel that he has started to take me and our marriage for granted. I aired out all my grievances and got him to think of ways to improve the situation. But now we are stuck with trying to cope with 2 kids so I haven't seen any action yet. Once things settle down, must start nagging again... :p
 
luca
Oh think I miss it. Actually 2 mths ago, let my hb go with his friends. His best friend came back from China and "want to have fun", and 3 of them go lor.

At first, he told me he didn't call any girls. But how can that be when the other 2 did. He later confess he did. !@#$&amp; Hb told me I am the only wife who know the whole truth, tell me juicy stories abt the other 2. The only thing is I made him come back before by 2am, and made him know that if he do anything wrong, he would be risking his whole family and the one in my tummy. Been thinking if I had been stupid.

anyway one of the wives more stupid, said I should give my hb more freedom, when I refuse to lt him go again for the 2nd night.. becos she never know the truth.
 
Icy,
Alamak, why they must have fun in that way meh?

If my hubby has to go, that's only because of work, if go with friends, I sure tag along, if he doens't let me tag along, then he also cannot go lor. If for work, I make sure I call him every hour, until he buay tahan and come home. Few months ago, he went to China for a business trip. He called and said his client was going to bring him to KTV. But I knew one of his female colleauge went together, so i was ok with it.
 
Kam,
Yeah lor. cos that is his very best friend then work overseas, hardly come back.. so I say ok, giving some time limit. I don't understand them, anyway wont let my hb go meet him alone overseas at night. I even let my mil know.. :p

Then next day we still meet up for lunch. Feel so weird when the wife was talking to him from overseas and ask him to enjoy himself - i suppose she think he just go clubbing or what.
 
Kam,
thanks for the link! That time i also read that this person used food colouring as finger paint. But will stain fingers leh. Don't think I can try this as yet coz my mum will probably nag at me! hehe..
 
toilet training
ask u mummies ah.. Celeste is now kinda potty trained in the day time. possible to train her at night also or not ah? heehee..
 
Toilet Training
Xavier havent even start training yet, cos I am too tired to do so leh.

How to you mummies start? I think I can start when mil is back and maid is here. He cant even tell me when he wants to poo or pee.
 
Icy,
Can I say that friend of your hub is a 猪朋狗友, too rude or not :p


Luca,
I got his colleague's mobile phone no also :) And I will remind him to charge his battery every night, and I will use kids as excuse - say something like you must make sure you turn on the mobile all the time, and must answer my call even if you are in a meeting, cos there may be something urgent about the kids.
 
Kam,
Go ahead.. just when I thought only 1 of them are. Then the other one, married with kids liao become desperate.
 
icy
initially i also thought that Celeste is not ready coz i read from books that when child is ready, they would mind the stream of urine down their legs. at that point of time, celeste still stands to urine in the bathroom (like boy like that) and she don't care the wetness it seems. Furthermore, Celeste would tell us that she poopoo AFTER she had done her business. nevertheless, my mum still decided to try.

On the first day of trying, my mum first showed Celeste the potty (she has shown her many times since young) and explained to her if she needed to pee, must tell her first. Also told her she's not wearing any pampers, wearing panties now. Seems like Celeste managed to tell her most of the time that day! Only when she was watching tv, she forgot to tell her and peed on the sofa. :p but after that my mum would still bring her to the potty to remind her to pee there if she needed to pee. For the rest of that day, she wore diapers. But still, it was a start.


Anyway, got one day, she even poo-ed in her panties!! Faint.

These few days, Celeste would just miscue at most once a day and pee in her panties.

Now, after a few days of trying, Celeste is quite good already. Save so many diapers for us!!
 
Kam: the website Kisune recommends to you is good. I have been ordering quite a lot of books from them and all arrived safely. ;-) Their customer service is good too. No harm to give it a try if they have the tittles you want.
 
mcfluffy
My boy refuse to poo in his potty, even after 1 hr of sitting on it. But we always wear diaper for him, don't dare to remove, hoping that he can indicate to us when he wants to.

Perhaps I should remove the diaper then he will realised how it is like to wet his pants?? But if he shit, it would be a big job. haha
 
Kam, I came back yesterday. Super fast, 3.5 hours only. Used up 20 litres of petrol @ RM 37 only, from KL to JB. Cheap!! But was terrible when I went back SG-KL. 6 hours!! Jam already started at woodlands checkpoint all the way to JB custom. Siao. Luckily Shaun was cooperative.

Also, you signed up for the class! That’s good. Shaun went to the 1-2 years one. also had flashcard session, music, exercising, playing with piano.. don’t know whether there’s any difference from 2 – 3 age group one?

Mcfluffy, shaun also toilet trained for day time already. Night time haven’t trained yet. But I heard one mummy shared that we can wake the kid up at night and bring them for pee. Then slowly they will not want to wake up for pee and will “lun” till morning liao. Not sure whether it’s a good training? Hehe
 
icy,
initially celeste CRIES when she sees the potty! The traditional red small potty. Then these few days, we used another one "hippo" potty. seems like she likes it and everyday tell us "she-she". she wanna go pee. hehehe.

tongtong,
huh.. my gal already waking up in the middle of the night to drink milk leh.. still must go potty. alamak. not enough time to sleep FOR ME. :p
 
Mcfluffy, shaun hates the potty. He will pee and poo standing leh.

icy, yea agree that avocado is good for u, especially for ur gal in tummy leh.

luca, how's your #2?

steph, eh, paiseh to share romance story here haha
 
mcfluffy, celeste not sleeping thru yet meh?

yea waking them up to go potty is to discourage them from peeing at night ma. cuz disturbing them from zz..
 
Toilet training:
I think my girl is ready. She tells us every time she makes wee wee or poo poo. There are many times she wants to sit on adult toilet seat (coz I haven't bought one for her), and makes her poo there. But I am so lazy coz need to hold her else she may fall into the toilet bowl. She can take toilet aper and tries to clean herself after making biz and flush the water.

For night training, please do not wake them up while they are soundly sleeping. It's not gonna a good habit. No need to "train" them at night, just wear on nappy still and they will be ready once their diaper is dry thoughtout the night.
 
kitsune / blessedbaby,
I compared the price. Those books that have got special offers at Bookdepository, then it's cheaper than amazon, cos free shipping already included mah. For those with no offer, can be up to $10-15 more ex than Amazon, so even after added in shipping, Amazon in cheaper.

For me, I am going to order half from Bookdeposity and half from Amazon. Yeah, more savings. Thank you to Icy, Pixie, Kitsune and Blessedbaby :)

Anyone wants to tumpang orders from Amazon
 
Kam: for me, I just compare the price between local bookshops and bookdepository, so I can see it's always 30-50% cheaper then I go ahead- don't bother to look at amazon coz have to co-ordinate the shipping etc.
 
tongtong,
my #2's urine test shows no signs of urine infection, and his fever coincidentally gone after he took the test. tks for asking
happy.gif
 
Violetice, r u here???? I bot the diet theraphy for infant book where ian is the model, rm 25. How much is it selling here? The bbook is excellent!! Is ian organic baby??

I highly recommend mummies to get this book.
 


Kam,

there is another shipping u can use - borderlinx from citibank. u can sign up for it if u have citibank card. I would say it is much faster than vpost and cheaper i suppose, also depends on weight. My hubby use this everytime he shipped things from Amazon - every month he buys from there. It is delivered by DHL to ur house.

http://www.borderlinx.com/m/
 

Back
Top