(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

steph
i last time got the same feelings as yours.
my hb worked normal hours but once reached home liao, play pc games, xbox, and sleep, never interact with me
we argue sooooo much about this, as though i dont exist in his world.
at least your hb neglects you coz of work, not from straying *choyyy* and devoting time to his personal stuff like tv, games, sleep etc
hor????

grumpus
my fren say deliver back this sat, no need you to be at ur mom's place rite? can be anytime she pop by? sure got ppl at ur mom's home?

yahor... I didnt ask my hb tat qn before... cos I think the answer will be gaming 1st follow by me :p:p:p.. kids will be his LAST !

grumpus
i got the same feeling as you. my kids - i'll do anything for them but if my hb chooses to leave me, then bo bian coz its his own prerogative. my hb told me if i leave him he will let me too...
but leaving our spouse aside, if the r/s between me and my hb is healthy then i think should base the whole family on the relationship between husband and wife. this foundation not strong, kids will have unstable life too

hmmm do i make sense here?

eh pixie
my hb also same thing leh.. play game until no day no nite one. so when I throw tantrums for his long hours of gaming, he will tell me : would you rather me go out or stay home ? damn !

pixie,
last time when my hb worked normal hours, he will spend time with Z. When Z sleep (he co-sleep with me when i was still preggie with R), my hb will play online games & tv too...wkend will go for his golf/fishing trip with his coll/frds. Now with #2, no more golf/fishing but WORK. Well...work is better than straying but still gotta strike a balance between family & work. Anyway, last Fri evening, i rec'd a bouquet of roses...with no name, no address, no florist shop card etc hang on my door grille! Strange hor so i sms-ed hb to chk if it's fr him (which i knew in my heart it's not cos he aren't a romantic person). true enuff, not from him so who else can it be?hmmmm...hb said my secret admirer?...haha...he even recalled a guy's name, my ex-class mate who still carry a torch for me now:p

Verene
Each time I bring my kids to PD, running nose only can cost me $100+ liao. Imagine 2 kids. So scared to go there. My hb's co cannot claim hor. I use my mom's card to get the 5% discount. Hopefully this med works for my girl or else I see her always rubbing nose, v poor thing.

Chaye
I agree with you, spouse should be 1st place. However, with kids ard, easy for us to turn our attn to them. Then compared to part tor time, sure will feel left out. Hb thinks it is a phase, now more attn on kids, next time they big, left for us couple time liao. But I feel if marriage is weak, end up can't last until kids grow up. Until now hb and I haven't been on hol on our own w/o kids for 5 yrs liao! Sigh...

Steph, hehe, I remember you were very upset mah. Plus that time with Rayden, age gap too close, he also think of abortion until a close friend counselled him. Not good lar, for hubby to always say this word, very hurting for the wife. Abortion = pain, risks, and guilt for the wife. Very easy for man to say it but he's NOT the one going under the knife. What if the wife cannot conceive anymore after abortion? Or suffers from depression and guilt. Too late for regrets by then. :p

I still treat my hubby as no. 1 in my heart. But he puts his work/sleeping/tv as no. 1. Want to find time to chit chat with him also difficult cos after RaeAnne sleeps, he either wants to write his book or watch tv or watch dvd. But while I complain that we don't have enough pak tor time, I'm also the one who is still thinking of having no. 3 whereas he is happy with 2. Dilemma lor cos more kids equal less money and less quality couple time. :p

pixie,
i know what u mean. is not to say we give up on the r/s with our spouse cos of our kids. the basis of the family shd still be between the husband and wife, only then there can be a strong family.
but simply that with kids around, some time between husband and wife need to be sacrificed lor. both need to understand and accept that to continue a strong relationship.

wah steph,
u very happening leh, married with 2 active boys, and still thinking of #3 and got secret admirer somemore...whoowheet

Mom2nat,
it's all abt quality time lor. my parents didn't go on hol without the kids for at least 15 yrs i think. but they still somehow managed to keep it going strong.
now every yr go hol without us kids

yah steph, u still got bouquet leh if i ever got one i sure faint...from excitment.

i think generally guys will still want their own cave (watch tv, dvd, play game, golf, drinks etc) while woman still wants to pour their heart out to their soulmate.

it is the difference between man and woman and that will never change.
i'm glad my hb change a bit of his mindset to spend more time with me. that was before i got preggy. it took me a long time to change him and i did alot alot of reasoning with him

boys will be boysssssssssssssss

hi,

i am planning a couple trip for me and hubby before i pop my no. 2 to BKK this coming Nov. Any suggestions on hotels? hopefully those below SGD100 per nite?

Stay in Pratunam area before and would like to explore other area with great food and markets?

grumpus, pixie,
How nice if the bouquet is fr my hb...but nope...anyway dunno who gave, maybe the blur guy post to wrong unit.

Man and woman are wired differently bah....but still marriage (r/s with our spouse) gotta managed & keep it alive...communication is the key word & nvr take each other for granted.

Eh...anyone here got PC for golfing? or anyone wanna learn play golf? or anyone got an old female golf club set with or w/o bag to give away?

Chaye,
no leh, how to? no name nothing on that bouquet...scary leh cos hb said maybe it's a curse "gong tao"..haha..i throw away on Sat liow!

just called home... my #1 also vomitted... aiyo headache. must be some virus running ard... then at the background Tate is throwing tantrums ! dont want this dont want that... so noisy *faintz*

steph,
aiyo, ur hb think too much liao lar, hw can a bouquet cause gong tao. he's probably just jealous hehe

u wana learn golf and go play with ur hb ar? since u cant beat him, might as well join him?? :p

while i put my kids in the 1st place now coz they r still young and need our every attention, but sometimes i'll find time to go par tor with my hb even though both of our minds still think of our boys. i feel my luv for the boys and my hb is different lor, so its hard to compare and put who is 1st and who is 2nd.

kellie,
u heavy on stomach still wana go travelling ar?

Chaye,
u got bring Tate see doc? Now yr gal also having same symptom as Tate...so better bring them see doc...seem like stomach flu (vomiting & fever). Take care hor.

luca,
yes i wanna learn play golf since 2007 but that time i preggie with Z so cannot learn. And hb went ahead & got his PC for golfing loh. Last year wanna pick up the game but preggie with R...so gotta postponed again
sad.gif
If anyone interested, we can form a gp of 4 or 5 under 1 instructor. I not a big fan of golfing but would like to try so if i can get my PC & pass my handicap test, i can go golf trip with my hb too!

hi luca,

me got flowery legs meh...felt hubby been working too hard liao..since my mil offer to help out , so i was thinking of going on holidays. next month me only 23th or 24th week. should be ok lah...

kellie,
oic, coz i thought i read u are saying u popping in this comin nov when u actually meant u going BKK in nov. :p

i saw the pictures in FB, so kam join u all for lunch after all?

luca,
I joined them for a short while only. Didn't have lunch with them cos hubby took half day leave and came to lunch with me, and went back home together.

kellie
no i go shopping with gf
i havent broach the topic with my hb yet haha coz im throwing my family aside for 1 weekend...

usually stay asia hotel, last time baiyoke suite
i used to go every year until i got preggy

grumpus,
Have you tried Kindermusik? Good? I just surfed the info briefly and it seems like there is no much of opportunity for kids to explore musical instruments...

Wow, just saw steph's mysterious flower bouquet! So exciting. It has been many years since I last received such flowers liao.

Re: Hubby
I would say my hubby is more family-oriented (think more than me loh). When he reaches home from work, 1st thing he will on his PC for net surfing. But in between, if my girl looks for him to ask to play with her, he will. He can spend 30 mins or so to entertain her with her cooking set etc. Then when I was watching TV, sometimes he will come out from study room and join me in the couch. And funny thing is, my hubby never play games. In fact, I used to play lots of games. At least he won't ignore me or the kids lah.

krystle,
You can check with mei(lu_meihua) cos she sent her #1 to kindermusik before.

Anyone interested? Currently there are 4 toddlers in this exisitng class. I have already put my name to reserve a slot. There will be two teachers & class will be conducted in English only.

<font color="ff6000">Re: Trial at PlayDays $45 for 1.5hrs</font>
http://www.playdays.com.sg/about.html
Session : Doodle Bugs (18 mths - 2.5yrs)
Date : 24th Oct, Saturday
Time : 10am - 11.30am
Theme : Festivals
Program : 20mins of free-play, follow by music, dance, drama, art crafts, water play etc.
New term start on 19th Oct $405 for 9 weeks (weekly class) &amp; $100 refundable deposit. Trial fees will be waived if you sign up full term.
*light snacks will be provided for the tods &amp; please bring along an extra set of clothing for your tods for art craft/water play activity.

Kellie,
I juz came back from BKK, stayed at Baiyoke Boutique (near the area you like)abt $70 per nite. Walking distance to platinum!! Do a search &amp; book online. Quite nice hotel with b'fast &amp; room got LCD TV ;)

Pixie,
I hv juz booked another trip to BKK for next year jan cos' tigerair got promotion. ONLY 1cents!!! Total include tax 1pax is abt $136. So cheap that my friends chio me to go another time though we juz came back, haha
happy.gif
The promotion are for flights in jan - sept 2010.

Steph,
your hubby so funny to scare you by saying "gong tou"...he wants you to throw the flowers away lah. Btw, your "secret admirer" know where you staying?? Think who know your unit, this is your only clue ;p happy guessing, haha, but not me hor though we staying so close ;)

Same like you, i feel that my hubby is very career minded. #1=work, #2=kids, poor me become #3!!! To me, i also placed my kids as #1. Somemore he is often overseas, i also feel neglected. Good thing is other than work, the rest of his time are with family.

Hai, maternity leave gonna end next week. Very headache!!! Still can't make up my mind to go back to work or take unpaid leave to bring #1 to class. Wonder is it too long never work, become lazy after 4mths. Is an excuse not to go work or do i really want to "educate" my #1 myself? Mind is gonna spilt into 2!!! Help!!!

kystle,
Rem many of us have joined the kindermusik trial organised by mei last time when our babies were 6 or 7mths. Rem it was not bad, u may do a trial there &amp; decide signing full term later.

Are you looking for class that is purely for music?

If not, you may consider this..Been to a few trial recently that is something like playschool(i.e Julia Gabriel &amp; Grace Kids)Both got classes that consists of singing, drama, story telling, art &amp; crafts &amp; outdoor play. These classes help to develop their creativity, learn thru' fun &amp; play.

JanBB,
Thought you are already very sure you don't want to be SAHM?

My ML ends this week already :-( Next week I will take annual leave for 1 week. My boy will be back to school this Friday and my girl starts with her nanny this Friday also, cos I have to go back to work on Friday afternoon to settle some very urgent stuff. Next week will let them adjust to their routine and me adjust to my routine, esp to get use to pumping BM. Not sure if I am going to miss latching on my girl. But most likely will still latch her during night time if she still wants it :) Start work on the 26th October.

Kam,
I got a very naughty plan. I really can't be a full time SAHM. Want to be a "morning SAHM" &amp; i dun wan to cook. Thinking to bring #1 to class &amp; spend time with him during the day. Then bring him to my mum hse in the afternoon to bathe &amp; eat. And i can spend time with #2 in the noon. Fair right? But i'm so scare that i will spend time in FB game in the noon or go out with friends. Haha, determination not strong enuff leh. Really want to slap myself, why so lazy...

JanBB,
OK woh, sounds like a good plan. Sometimes you gonna have time for yourself mah, so playing FB game or go out with friends occasionally is ok what. I don't play FB game for a long time already, more addicted in blogging than FB game :)

janbb
hey! me and my gf planned to stay at baiyoke boutique liao leh!! ^5
can tell me more about the room? issit run down? i dont think so rite? coz its new...anything you dont like abt?

I'm looking for weekdays classes this few days. Other than zoophonic is twice weekday which can be accompany by adult, is there other class that has 2 or 3 times per week which suitable for our todd? If i really quit or take unpaid leave, I dun wan to waste my time to laze at home in the morning with my #1. And i also went to ask a kindergarden, those born in 2007 will nid to enrol for nursary class early next year. Really feel the stress men.

Kam,
u know what, juz now when i was at the kindergarden, i saw young children coming out from the class &amp; running so happily to their mummies. I suddenly feel that my boy will be very happy if he see me fetching him everyday. This really change my mind of whether to be SAHM or not.

pixie,
I used to stay at Asia Hotel like you. Confirm so much better than Asia. Is pretty new &amp; the room condition is ok. Go to my FB, my friend got tag me, we took some pix there &amp; rem she took some pix in her room. U try &amp; see you can find the album in my wall. scroll right below. One thing to note, my hubby booked the room which is abt $70 that comes with LCD TV &amp; better toilet/bathroom condition but when we were there, they actually gave us the lower rate one. Luckily, my hubby was very alert &amp; demanded them to change our rooms to those room that he saw &amp; booked online. They dun seem honest in this sense, thot can charge us higher rate with lower grade room. In fact, online booking only got that $70 rate, not sure whether they purposely indicate the lower rate is all full or not. And do try the international buffet at Baiyoke sky Hotel (very near) which is the highest hotel in BKK. Very cheap &amp; worth it, think can get discount!! When are you going?? Happy shopping ;)

yest i was in siglap and i saw a slightly special boy ard 2yo walking with his mummy. his sister, #1 walked with daddy. the whole family walked past me and when i saw that small boy, hes so cute and keep asking qns, i oso wanted to be sahm ON THE SPOT

tmr keng mc and spend 1 day with my boy? heehee

janbb
next mth, if my hb allow me lah. coz i abandon him and my boy leh..for selfish reasons...
it will be a very rushed weekend trip. can you believe it!! during weekend go BKK! seow!

pixie,
i can understand your "urge"!! Is really shiok to shop, eat &amp; massage there. My hubby dun allow me to travel with my friends, he will sure tag along one. If i were u, i take sat earliest flight &amp; can start shopping on sat &amp; sun then take latest flight back, heehee, nice plan rite ;) Though only 2 days can buy a lot already ;) Cheong Platinum the first day &amp; MBK the 2nd day. Sat nite still can go nite market &amp; go massage!! Shiok!!

Thanks, mummies.

I think I will try trials in GK and Kindermusik first to assess if which is better.

Yes, JanBB. I am looking at more of musical classes. Hope to groom my girl to play piano. So if there is any other musical classes, please let me know.
happy.gif
Of course, also keen at other classes that explore our kids' creativity, speech etc but priority is on musical for now.

Wah, all the talks abt BKK really tempted me leh. Called hubby just now and asked if he cannot make it for cruise in Nov (coz his auditors are coming from Japan), can go BKK instead? He said ok but asked me if sure I want to leave the kids for so many days (BKK will need 4,5 days wherelse cruise only 2 nights). I also don't know leh.

janbb
we planned to leave fri nite, so that can CHEONGZ on sat morn bright n early. then monday morning go back, so that sun nite can CHEONGZ the roadside stalls. we love roadside stalls

Krystle,
if u r keen to groom your gal in piano only, u can try Yamaha, heard they start accepting kids from 3years old onwards. They will learn the notes first. I'm planning to send my boy to piano class next time too ;) Feel that "man" will look very charming when playing piano...heehee ^.^

Kindermusik is not those standard music class, they use many diff kind of instruments to conduct the class, not sure got piano or not. Maybe u got to call &amp; find out more.

pixie,
U got sweet tooth?? If so, something for u to look out at BKK...Swensen Sundae (2 scoops) got promotion only 49tbt (abt $2.30) nia!!

JanBB,
You want Jayden to become "Jay Chou"? Hahaha... I like Jay very much too!

When I was young, I wanted to learn piano. But due to financial contraints in family, I did not have chance. So now like pinning hopes on my girl. I hope she will like piano too.

I think our kids are too young for those hardcore musical classes lah. Most such classes started from age 2 or 3 onwards. So I was thinking let my girl goes to some prep musical classes to see if she is interested in music before I really send her to Yahama etc. If not, will waste my $$$ leh.

Back