(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

Higgledy, tat's soooo cute .. ur boy so gd would let u hold his mouth for the photo!
my shirui will never allow me to do it ..

hen,
shirui is oso not z-ing thru ..
Her daily routine:
730-830 wakes up
Makan breaky
10-11 abt 1/2hr to 1hr nap
Makan again
2-3 abt 1-1.5hr nap
Makan dinner
6-7 nap abt 1-1.5hr
Latch on till she knock out .. ard 10pm ... will definitely wake up in the night .. ard midnite, 4am and 6am.. she'll zzz back oni wen she gets her human pacifier.. .. ={
She zz in our room on a mattress on the floor.. so most of the time i end up zzz on the floor with her..
She'll get to zz on bed with us oni on fri sat nites else daddy wont get gd zzz for wk the next day

haven't been to this thread for a long long time coz so busy at work & at times work till past midnight. also now got boss sitting beside me, can see what's i'm doing, so cannot login ..

all babies have grown so much but still very cute!!
happy.gif

hi gals, anyone pumped on board a flight b4? i'm bringing sumana to perth and wondering if we could pump on board. i know it's a silly qn but will they have a plug or do i have to use batteries?

also, any idea if we could bring breastmilk into australia?

mummies,
thanks for all the comments and advice! makes me feel better to know that i'm not the only one with sleepless nites and being human pacifier with cold chest due to over exposure hahaha :p

i'm very determined now to send DS back to 'boot camp'~~yea rite...not that tough laa,i also dun like to let him cry it out...but i really need to help him kick the night feedings out of the window so i'm determined not to feed him and to comfort him with other means instead despite being tired or sleepy myself (errr i keep telling myself that this is for the better in the long run :p)...see how it goes...i think i have to invest in ear plugs :p wish me luck!

dawn!
love that pic with attitude! the look on his face darts right thru heehee
we can make mini contest for dec babies...vote for mr/miss smiley (lynz,faiq qualifies for this!),mr/miss friendly,grouchy...etc etc kekeke

'dracula' teeth,
i think mal's teeth also growing this way...rite mal's ma?

dinut, hahahaha, over exposure from nite nursing, haha, good description.

dawn
oh yeah! forgot about the banners. been so busy with home reno and sleepless nites. will sms u about this. actually 1.5 hrs crying isn't long. got all this advice from another non-dec mummy, and she let her son cry for 2 hrs! at 3 mths old! power man. u can check with miraclebb too. she's also been trying to get max to sleep thru' the nite.

am thinking of doing part time work after CNY next yr. dun think i wanna be full time sahm forever. bleah, shudder

debbie,

yah me too - thinking of going back to work once dylan turns 18mths! then i can put him in childcare... but no way that's gonna happen until i can wean him fully...
sad.gif

ok u sms me
happy.gif
. I'm amazed u can even tahan 1.5hours. Seriously! when dylan is wailing.. even for 20 mins, i feel so tortured already! dunno how i can take it if he goes crazy for more than 1 hour...

No 1 to go to but only here.

Hubby away n only bk on sat nite. Eldr one sick on Tue n now baby QJ is hospitalised becuz of lung infection n breathless.me now alone n watchin his little tummy work so hard to take each breath n I can't do much. Felt so sad.

naf, sat will be here tomorrow and your hubby will be back soon! hope QJ is feeling better now. wat did the doc say?

Thx tub, jeelomeeo, bbngg.

Me din sleep whole nite as 4+am shifted him to high dependency ward n he cried whenever he open his eyes n see nurse n doc walk past.

Doc said got to ensure his breathin back to track n will also take some time for pnuemonia to recover. Duno goin to stay how long.

mummies.. i need adv on maids.

pls help.. my mum nds help at home while looking aft arvin.. she can't sustain longer w/o help. i am looking for a maid. any agencies to recommend? wat to look out for? wat's e cost gonna be like?

thanks in adv for any advise..

Thank you mummies.hubby reached sg. Shld be here soon.
This afternoon, he is off drip and feedin milk via tube in the throat straight to stomach. Hopefully tmr can remove the oxygen tube n let him try on his own. Still coughin badly too.

<font color="aa00aa">naf,
hope your boy gets well soon!!!!

jaz23,
if u want the platic kind then can get from toy r us.
hair accessories shops like chameleon, sinma, etc also sells those tiaras.
HTH</font>

naf,
will pray that QJ recovers soon... pls take care of yourself as well... your little one needs you most now.

mimeole,
i got my maid from nation maid agency at jurong east. She's an indo and although a bit slow, esp at the beginning, she's hardworking and can help to take care of my twins well.

the recurrent cost is about $500 per month. i cannot remember how much you need to pay to get the maid in, there's a one-time cost for that too.

as to wat to look out for, most importantly, must make sure your mum is comfortable with the maid cos she's gonna spend the most time with her. communication is most important so try to get one that can speak at least a common language with your mum or yourself. for my maid, luckily she knows some english so can still comms with me. she also speaks malay but its different from singapore malay so there were some miscomm issues with my mil at the beginning... esp when it comes to cooking and doing housework!! best of luck in your maid search!

Aye... both my kids r sick. Suspect stomach flu. Nbr2 had LS n vommitted twice on Fri, yesterday was fine til when we on our way back frm dinner frm Mt Faber. After she threw up all over me, Nbr1 threw up in the car as well. Nbr1 continue to threw up a few times. Both of them ran a fever tis morn, so brought them to see GP. Nbr2 very drowsy whole day. Nbr2 got no appetite. Both my hubby n me really very tired now cos we din really sleep last nite but still got to hang in there.

Think weather really no good these days. Many people falling sick. All the mummies and babies here, do take care! Hope everyone well.

dylan's mom,

We (or rather my hubby) can't even tahan to let Kaylen cries for more than 5mins. Sometimes when I get Kaylen out of the bathtub, she din want to get out cos she wants to play water some more, n doesn't like getting dressed, she wld wail loudly. U wld see my hubby hurrying upstairs n show me face as if I torturing the baby.

Like that very difficult to "train" the baby lor.

o dear.. hen, hope your kids get well soon too and you take good care too!
Naf, hope QJ is doing better now. Take good care too!

jas23,
kaihock PS? he has tiara .. the big ones n small ones .. or u can get from Aries ..
Mini toon got clips .. depends on ur girl .. my girl got countable strands of hair.. haa.. so i use those "spring" clips for her (from mini toon ..)

dodo..
thank u very much for sharing. am sorting out arrangements now. jus to cnfrm there's no issue if i apply for maid but during office hrs let maid stay at mum's then aft to our hs.. tt's not considered sharing rite? coz technically she will be 'serving' 2 hses.. hmmm... *confused* coz my dad doesn't wan maid staying thr.. sm crap abt him losing his privacy bla bla.. haiz..

mimeole,
u can also try BestHome. That's the agency I'm using.

It's very common in SG that maid goes over with baby to grandparents' place. As long as the maid does not do the work of 2 households. Eg. day time at ah ma's home - wash all clothes, sweep floor, mop floor. Night time at home - wash all clothes, sweep floor, mop floor. That's obviously the work of 2 households. I think, how some pple get around it is, 1 day mop floor at ah ma's home, next day dun mop. but mop the floor at own home. kinda thing...spread out the tasks. (well, everyday also mop floor mah, just different places...so...) as long as she is not made to do the work of 2 households. Must take the MOM online quiz also horh...

Naf
Hope your QJ is making good improvements and can go home real soon. You take care too!

My QJ started (real) walking last week and has been doing so the whole weekend. HB and I wished we were younger and more energetic so that we can keep up with him.

i joined in the cry out loud team... friday wee hours, shawn screamed for almost 1 1/2-2hrs from 2.45am to 4am plus. then soothed himself to sleep. he sounded hoarse the next day. while the 2 of us, suffered the next day with panda eyes. Saturday night, he slept thru 10pm till 6am. last nite, he slept thru again 10pm til 7am (though i heard him whimpering at 4plus). got scolded by my mum for being so cold hearted to him. I hope this would last!

hmm.. hvn been in this thread for a very loong time...

wat happen to naf kiddo? cn someone enlighten me?
isit cos of coughing lead to lung infection??

sarah has been down w cough.. brot her to pd on sat but condition dun seem to improve!! she couldnt sleep well these few nites.. got choke by her phlegm i suppose. slept a while woke up and cough! haiz!! i dunno wat to do! the meds dun seem to work on her. Pd put her on nebuliser tat Sat but she's still the same...
sad.gif

by the way, who's baby already walking? i was surprised when i met this stranger at vivo, who's gal is only 10mths old but already running!!!

hen,

wah, like that very hard. i've been thinking abt it, and if i can teach dylan to take his milk feeds from bottle/sippy cup, i think i will be happy liao! one step at a time, cos i doubt i can wean him from night feeds so quickly so i gotta decide which is more important now.

but seems like ankhlet is making good progress leh, i saw her today, she said emma still wakes up but only to grumble... at least no need to feed liao. sigh, envy!

mimeole,
if it's ur first time employing a maid, u need to go through the online test before you are allowed to employ. MOM requirements. Have to go sign up, pay $30 and sit through the online course. If dun have certificate of completion, the maid's WP will not be approved.

Jeelo,
wah, u join the cry out loud team ah. I cannot leh, even though I want to. HB will grumble, nag and scold. Like Hen's hb, he can't stand bb crying. Will almost always give me "the look" when she starts crying.
sad.gif

dracula teeth
yes, mal was like that few weeks back. but now his 2 front teeth already popped out and look so much nicer.

walking
quite a few babies here already started to walk. JK, claire's girl, QJ from Val... mine still struggling. have this video clip taken ytd morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEg3dyrXZlI

mal suddenly picked up his cart on sat night and started "walking" with his own brake and U-turn. before that he was not interested in his cart. strange.

csi, my mum was veri upset with me that nite. i oso stressed out when he's crying that nite then she kept knocking on the door asking us not to let him cry so much. i told her to go back to sleep.. terrible me...

CSI_FAN,
oh.. wah.. hehe.. i think tis is not gonna be an easy procedure... haiz...

jeelomeelo,
i can understand ur situation. my mum also grumbles n makes her displeasure known whenever we 'discipline' arvin. gotta be firm n remain strong.. we have to belive wat we r doing is for our little one's best.
happy.gif

Kim, mal wants encouragement after he finish his walk. hahaha... so cute to see him clap his hand after his walk.

alien,

haha mal so cute! My ger oso show no interest in the cart keke.

here is my ger, taken during her lunar birthday celebration.
1869994.jpg

1869995.jpg

crystalz, ur gal is imitating u guys la... haha so cute. i have the same phone and sumana does the same thing to the phone too! she would hold it close to her ears and start babbling.

we also realised that she knows how to switch on the tv and surf cos she would backface the tv, switch it on, turn around and look, then change channels and look again!

crystalz,
your gal is sooo cute!
happy.gif

haiz, now my turn...bb L is down with fever since last night. 1st fever in her life. It was 38.3-degrees this morning (taken from ear). Aiyoh...good thing hb on off today, so he can look after her, coz today I have a meeting in office. I think paracetamol must really taste horrid. She struggled so much when we tried to feed it to her...

Back