(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

jeelomeelo, full mth n 2nd bday is a good idea to me. But must have seperate cakes so shawn doesn't feel neglated. Then u can receive presents * 2.. lol.

slimz i only bought jr to the beach at sentosa. nothing much to play already.

bluelily,
urgh... so cham .. go sentosa oso got noting to play.. saw ur blog, u jux came bk from cruise.. how was it? jr enjoyed?

jr ah... enjoy 60% of the time. 40% of the time.. crying n crying.

What he enjoy:
- Swimming pool
- His cot face the whole sea view (he keep saying wanna go swimming)
- Running along the corridoors to the cabin. It's a narrow walkway v long n straight. Nowhere else he can run away to.. so we just let him down and let him catch daddy who'll be walking in front
- The porridge was nice.. he even eat fried rice with fish.. no lack of food for jr
- Playing with food at the restaurants with his own set of bowls n cutlery.. he'll say na na na (take) whenever he sit down on the highchair

What he dun enjoy:
- The cot mattress too soft.. not gd to zz.. he keep waking up at night
- Too excited to zz in the day time.. end up get sleeping n cranky
- The bumpy ride on the small boat to n fro Redang

2nd birthday celebration..
It will always be hard for me to plan for Ryan's birthday celebration coz it's on the 24th. Must think of cost blah blah...

So guess will just be a small gathering with immediate family members.

Yesterday went Jacob Ballas Garden with Ryan. Wow, really find it a cool place for kids to hang out. Anyone keen to go there on Weekdays (Wed or Thurs) say 4 plus to 6. Just for kids to play in the sand or the water or run around the garden.

Slimz,
Ya, Debbie called me up just now too. I didn't have time to ask much so thanks for updating me. Hmm, if I can't get Ryan into the 11.30a.m. then will definitely not going to continue. Hmm, also depends when his Apple Tree playgroup starts. Once I sign him up for Apple tree, most likely will not go for GUG.

<font color="ff6000">bluelily, can send me your blog? wanna see the pic on cruise leh.. and wat else u bring to keep jr zzz well? hahahha am going cruise on 02 sep leh.. 1st time abit sua ku. cheers

Slim, you can bring her go meet pink dolphin, she will sure like it. </font>

Sunshinesummer, PM u. i also 1st time go cruise.. v sua ku too. Rem to check in early.. then can go eat 1st. :p We blur blur.. last min then check in.. ppl already eating, go swimming.. etc.. wasted a few hrs!

bluelily.. sounds fun leh .. feel like gg too .. nvr been on one b4 and my parents oso interested .. btw, anyone saw this recent ad on tv abt those born in the mth of Virgo horoscope would travel free on Vigro Star Cruise? my mum's a Virgo ..

phy,
where's that Jacob place u mentioned?
Debbie called me tis morning say 1130 got slot le but sr can oni move over the new term .. so ok lor.. tis sun when we go i'll tell dem to move us over as soon as 1130 class got slot so tat no nid wait till next term..
i tot appletree is 24mths den start de? I rem that was wat the pple told me when we went there the last round..

Slimz,
Think Apple Tree accepts kids from 20 months bah. Anyway our kiddos are 19 months old soon. I gotta go for the registration to find out. At most sign up then wait till he is of age lor.

Oh, Jacob Ballas is the children's garden in Botanical Garden. Great place really. I let Ryan touch some of the fruits we see there
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">phy,
u brought ryan to jacob ballas ah?
last time i always go there with faiq but i stopped after seeing this one ang moh kid never wear any diapers just passed out his gold coins at the water play area.
since then i dont let faiq play at any water play area.
zu also dojt let her kids play there liao cos everytime they play there they will go abck with a fever..poor thing.

bluelily,
yah faiq enjoys the cruise too but when we went for a cruise he was only 6 mths old..hehehe..

i'm so glad i put faiq in zoophonics..he is showing lots of progress.

botanistttttttttttttttt,
u doing dante beatrix bp never tell me!!!!!!
i wana get another backpack..hehe</font>

<font color="ff6000">hey bluelily, saw the pic.... it looks soo fun. cannot wait till sept. by way, can jus chek, is the cabin included cot? cos i saw cot in ur pic. hw abt travel to redang island? do u all need to pay? hw much was that?

slim, i booked my cruise thru the promotion leh, i paid $829.50 for 2+1.</font>

sunshinesummer, startcruise just replied my email say the promo ends tis sat.. now i'm chasing my parents to decide if dey wan anot ..
if wan den mabbe tmr morning go agency book .. or tonite aft work .. cant book via online or phone de can we?

eve, jr had slight fever after the 18mth jab.. recover within a day. Dunno abt chicken pox jab.

Sunshinesummer, cot is included FOC upon request. My cruise is to Redang so no need pay loh.. everything included. Unless u wanna pay for their guided Redang tour.. but i think with a bb difficult ah. I only spend 3hrs on Redang before jr gets cranky and gotta go back.

I'm on mc today... caught the flu from jr.

hmm... sr haven been to botanic gdns .. =P
shall list that down as a "to-visit" place aft tis sat's sentosa outing =D

slimz we booked online. But dunno the promo one can anot. But hor those going rem to keep bb warm. the wind on the deck and at the swimming pool there v v strong. Think jr caught a cold there. And alot of aunties.. sneezing like nobody's biz still go here n there spread virus.

Lynzi,
Nay, I didn't let go to the water play area... always wonder about the filtration of water at such places. Also I avoid weekends lah, only go weekdays.

Bluelily,
Yes, there's parking fees but can't remember the rates.

eve,
Ryan took 18month jab plus chicken pox jab together. Hmm, no fever. Just seemed tired after that.

<font color="ff6000">slim, izit end this sat? they told me end 15/07/09 ttsy I rush to booked by 14/07/09… chey!! Hahhahah
I booked thru phone, I keep calling them everyday, cos a lot thg din prepare on hand like passport number and expiry date all that. U can call 6223 0002 the customer service who serve me call Michelle, she quite nice, u can talk to her. And I paid by credit card, they will email or fax you a C.card acknowledgement form then after everythg will email you the e-ticket. Happy booking… fast !!!!

Oh, Bluelily upon request ah.. that mean I mah have to tell them in advance lo… hmmm beta email them now.. thanksss</font>

sunshinesummer, my HB called them tis morning say the promo extend till end of july le =P
but we mite not go le.. coz if my parents gg plus me n HB .. dey say its 5 pax, one cabin can oni take 4pax and sr despite being so small, is considered a pax wor

<font color="ff6000">slim, yap baby is consider 1 pax. if 1 cabin not fit then use 2 cabin lo. aniwer still charge accoringly mah. if can try to go lo, cos this promo is consider worth.. hahah</font>

<font color="aa00aa">dylan's mum,
how much is the travel wheelie?
cos im deciding between that or getting the tipu trunki.
oh and how much is the little kids backpack?
i may want to get the lion.

eh, ask cookiemz to add me in leh.
wonder who kicked me out..</font>

lynzi,

can confirm with me by tomorrow? i have placed orders already but now waiting for supplier to revert.

have PM you the prices.
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">dylan's mom,
oh no..am i too late???
i just checked my email.
i want the travel wheelie..
if i miss the boat then its ok..sighh</font>

Any mommy has any suggestion on where to go for the National Day long weekend? I wanted to go Genting, but fully booked already.
sad.gif

aiyoh, now again I cannot view SMH from office. boo...

Bluelily, hehs...parking in Singapore is hardly free.
happy.gif

Higgledy, erm, Desaru? Malacca?

Higgledy.. long weekend.. guess nua at home again. Anyone knows if Monday holiday in-lieu can we drive out off-peak car?

csi_fan, I tot park for free mah.. lol. Last time that woodlands park beside republic poly got free.. now chargeble also

phy / slim

what is apple tree isit child care ctr o enrichment ctr ?

my ger aso take 18mth jab but hv fever
chicken pox taken when 15 mth - no fever

Slimz,

Heehee, I signed Ryan up for Apple Tree playgroup already. Starting next January. Got to buy uniform also.. Haha, can't imagine my son is going to wear a uniform! Machiam like growing up already.

Will continue with GUG till end of year then.

haa.. phy, wear uniform easier .. no nid crack ur brain on wat to let dem wear to classes =P
uniforms kenna paint cant wash off not so heart pain =P

steffi, i heard some pcf ve classes for 24mths de wor .. depends on the branch n their manpower i tink

phy, so gug got u a slot for next term? i know that junde boi in the tots class is not gg to sign up for the new term, perhaps that will free up a slot for ryan?
i finally laminated the cards and sr has no problem identifying all the 26 thou the prounciation of all 26 she still haven master, but prob mastered 3/4 of the 26 liao.
She would 'sing' them at times and my mum doesn't understand wat she is singing!

deerdeer,
Mine! Don't worry too much about this issue. When they are ready they will be able to control their bladder and bowel bah...

slimz,
Hmm, have not heard from GUG about the Sunday slot. If don't have maybe I change to another day bah. Hope will get the sunday slot though.

good that SR is able to recognise the letters! My ah boy can do the actions for most of the sounds but still can't recognise all the letters and do the actions. Anyway, I gotta entice him with food then he will quai quai do it for me.

Steffi,
Ya, Apple Tree is open for registration for kids born in 2007. Think Slimz is right, some places do have classes for 24 month old kids. Probably gotta look around.

i've signed A up for GUG..n she'll b at e Suntec branch twice a week during weekdays nx mth..any chance that any mom will b there as well?

e alphabet..i used flashcards n in 3 days, she knew e letters. quite fun actually..im secretly pleased becz she hasnt shown much interest previously when i try to teach her..but who knows...haha..nx up, will b more emphasis on lowercase letters n e sounds . actually i enjoy teachg her myself. it's so much easier for me to gauge her strengths n weaknesses...hahaha..

mummies, anyone gg for the Pak Tor with U at the movies this sat by NTUC? we gg bring sr there .. main reason is to catch the ndp preview fireworks =P

Hi Mommies
Am new here. Have a 19 month old bb girl. Am thinking of enrolling her into some playgroups. I m kinda out of touch cos we've been away from Spore for 4 years &amp; just came back about 1.5 yrs ago.

Am recommendations for playgroups near upper bukit timah?

Thanks.

Hi all,
rather than to wait for the National Day hols, we decided to drive up to Genting last weekend.

Aidan had so much fun at the indoor theme park! When he saw all the lights, ferris wheel, and roller coasters, he was like "WAH...", and his eyes open SUPER BIG!!!

His favourite is the merry go round. He wanted to sit on the horses again and again!

I really think Genting is a great place to bring the little ones. Cool weather, many restaurants and fast food, and best of all, it's very affordable!

Besides Apple Tree,
are there any other play groups that anyone knows of? Apple Tree only takes in 2007 kids from Jan 2010. I'm hoping to put Aidan into a class sooner.

And also, Apple Tree follows kindergarten holidays. I would prefer that they continue during the school holidays.

How about child care? Are they usually full day? I think a 2-3 hour session per day is good enough.

higgledy, tink cc are either full day or half day bah..
daily 2-3hr playgroups i oni noe appletree, selected pcfs.. and there is one dat's i'm eyeing at HG area called Jenius Kindergarten/Tots house

i heard pcf not so gd izzit? other 2-3 hrs playgrp in woodlands like not too gd too. Gotta resort to 1/2 day cc.. but the more i think.. the more i cant bear to put jr in cc so young. Think he sure cry like mad.

slimz,
i'm also considering appletree or tot's house for Mon-Fri. Both near my place. But they only start school in Jan 2010.

In the meantime maybe I'll enroll him in some weekend class.

RE: Julia Gabriel vs GUG

Can anybody give feedback? I'm deciding between the 2. Price-wise, per hour seems almost the same. JG is 2h, GUG is 1.5h, so monthly fees JG is more ex.

higgledy, my girl is attending gug on wkends since 15mths.. she will b there till jan 2010 den we change her to wkdays playgrp (appletree or jenius).. if $$ and time and her energy level permits, we will continue with the wkend classes .. otherwise jux the wkday acty will b enuf to kill her n us =P

bluelily, i duno much abt pcf being gd or not.. to me distance is the first criteria lor.. coz my mum need to bring sr there everyday a week, too far wont b feasible..
JG vs GUG:
i haven been to JG, cant comment =P My fren went for both gug n jg trial says jg teachers more expressive n engages in small talks with parents to update them on the kids performance, strengths n weakness etc. GUG has zoo phonics wich JG dun ve .. price wise almost same lor like u said ..

bluelily, i think pcf used to be lacking in teaching methodology but they have since beefed it up. But the thing about them is the high teacher to student ratio. 1:25.
happy.gif

slimz.. ya loh. I also looking for those within walking distance from my mum's place. So limited choices.. There got pcf.. but wow 1:25 student ratio is v high? Tub u know how many hrs? Do they learn anything there?

Back