(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

alien,

kekeke practise practise :p

good idea to use the no mess mat as parking lot.
few mths down the road, u can watch Mal perform his driving & parking stunts.

missylan,
thanks for the info!

claire,
later i go msg her and tell u yah.
should be around this week but dont know when cos yesterday she asked me whether i wanted anything from batam or not.

haaa... initial D .. nid to get her an AE86 ..
den mux put a cup of EBM nxt to her to train her drifting skills ..
haa... was watching it on tv with her on sunday nite, wonder she got pick up any skills anot..
=P

ah_bie,
Drifting huh... laugh and later you can see all those scratches on your floorings just like mine... then we can see yr bb drifting downwards Mt Faber...

missylan,

scratches?! caused by walkers?

i will give my son one cup of EBM oso if he wans to do his "Wen Tou Xue" stunt. HAHAHAHA

Hi mummies,

had been reading this thread since preggy but dun dare to join in, too fast to catch up :p

this is my baby aldric born in 15 Dec 07 and his korkor andric born same date n month but in year 2004
1611507.jpg

Will be going for taiwan trip this year end, need a carrier for nite market trips.
Knew that a few of you got pikkolo and beco carrier.
would like to know which carrier is better at distributing the weight? baby is now at 10kg mark

BlurQ,
Walao, yr #2 showing us his washboard tummy... how you plan one 2in1? My #2 is also a 10kg+ baby(30th Nov), I am using Pikkolo and still doing great. Hahhaa

ah bie,
Thought you craving for Wen Tou Xue?!? Walker will not cause scratches... those manual ride-on will. Uses feet to move the ride-on type... walao... my marble and praquet all got scratches one. Praquet not as bad.

Huggies Ultra,
Bought one to try as I heard from a mummy that it is good too. Yes, it is good and the cutting is better than Pampers Active. My son's on Pampers Active but his thunder thighs cannot fit well into L. The Huggies Ultra cutting is great for thunder thighs!

missylan,
hehe he love to suck his clothes, a shorty and round :p

lucky to hit target in apr to have dec edd, #1 overdue, induced but end up emergency c-sect, #2 gynae said chance for vbac was low, didnt engage so went for c-sect again in week 39 to have the same birthday as korkor

for pikkolo, the waist strap seems thinner than Beco, gd support? carry long hours taxing on shoulders?

blurQ, when u going to taiwan?? I'm also planning a trip there in December.
happy.gif
I will be bringing my Ergo carrier with me - my son is also more than 10kg but the carrier makes carrying him quite effortless.

dylan's_mom,
will be going on Dec 18, 8days package tour, which date u going? F&E?
opps...another carrier to consider, really blur already :p
Ergo almost the same as Beco?

alien,
seems like pikkolo is a popular choice

BlurQ,
Oh, the birth date is planned one. Hahha... Pikkolo doesn't have padded waist strap but for me, the shoulders strap are more important, dun really feel waist strap a burden, more burden on shoulders. Though it will be nice to get padded one(more comfy), it will also look more bulky ard your waist.

i have an ergo. ergo got bulky padding and it's bulkier at the waist. I'm using it everyday for my baby to/fro work. (i suppose he's almost 10kg - was comparing to a bag of rice the other day at ntuc). ergo is just plain color in comparison to beco/pikkolo which come in prints.

my ready-in-1/2hr porridge recipe :
1 1/2cup of water
1tbspoon of millets
1tbspoon of pearl barley
8baby asparagus chopped
1slice of butternut squash (sliced thinly)
- boil water and add the millets/barley (stir occasionally)
- add the veg about 10min before serving

shawn finishes about 3/4 of the amount cooked. loved everybit of it (about a bowl of rice bowl)1/4 served to my dog
happy.gif

-serve cheddar cheese as dessert
happy.gif

BlurQ,

I haven't booked my tickets yet - will wait to see if got any good deals closer to date. Will go either in early Dec or Jan, depending on my hubby's schedule. I'm going for F&E, as I used to live in Taipei so very familiar with the area. So you are touring around taiwan, not just taipei right?
happy.gif
Weather is good during that time! Nice and cool..

Ergo is much more bulky than pikkolo/beco. But they are more or less the same. I would advise you to try out the carrier first before buying so if you have a friend who can lend you or if you getting an Ergo, there are local stores which lets you try it on... then you can decide properly.
happy.gif

botanist,

i'm going taipei f&e in sept haha.. really looking forward!

gotta start listing what to bring... ahz... ask u ah.. izit easy to buy diapers over there?

jeelomeelo,

where can we get millets?
pearl barley is it different from normal barley? haha me sua ku lah...
asparagus will be very soft after cookeD? usually i puree it... dunno my ger can swallow anot if its chopped into pcs

crystalz,

yup easy to buy, just look out for the Welcome supermarket. They are located almost everywhere and usually in basements. If all else fails... if you do visit Taipei 101 (I'm sure you will), there's a Jason's supermarket in the basement as well.
happy.gif

which hotel you staying at? If you are nearer to Taipei train station, there are alot of shopping malls there and there's usually supermarkets in every mall.

hi crystalz,
you can find millets at the organic section in ntuc. i oso ask the same question last time...ekekeee. i chop asparagus in small pieces. so far he's ok with it la. so far i tried, it's quite soft, coz they are chopped quite thinly so easy to cook. the pearl barley i got it looks like smaller/longer grain type (not the round fat ones)

Mummies
thank you for your well wishes!!
actually it was yesterday..
hehe

so funny. Hb took leave to celebrate with me yest, but i had some meetings, so did not take leave in the end....
He surprised me by sending a bouquet of flowers to my office. and made my colleagues all green with envy!!!! And the most funny thing is, I havent gotten flowers for so long that i was still thinking, is that tulips or roses he gave me. hehe

helo dec mum,

there might b another adidas sales coming up.. not sure when.. if the items gng for $15-$20, is there any item tt u wan me to help u buy...

Scared later if i grab too many items, hard to sell off.... let me know if i can help...

Constance,

oh ya.. forgot to tell pple tt i m Belle_08.. lol... Hmmm... forgot tt time the moderator suspended my account... forgot why le.. v long nv post here.. Oh ya, HAPPY Birthday!!!

belle,

u probably got suspended for trying to sell those adidas stuff online so you better 'advertise' in NJ ok? wait kenna suspended again...

constance,

even though flowers is cliche, but its always nice to receive them! :p

jeelomeelo,

where can i get the pearl barley?

botanist,

i will be staying at Ximending (TS Hotel). Actually prefer wonstar.. but more ex. haiz. Ok, so i just bring enough diapers for 2 days. keke trying to bring as little things as possible haha. how about food? those potatoes, sweet potatoes etc... should be easy to get it i guess? thinking of bringing the slow cooker there... but dunno can use the plug anot... cos my fil told me his fren brought a HP charger there and can't use. Cos is a old model HP charger and need a transformer in order to use it...

botanist, missylan, jeelomeelo
most likely to get pikkolo, ergo seems broader at the base...he is a shorty :p
but i saw an online shop that allows renting of ergo, may rent one so that my hubby can piggy back the elder one at nite markets...

went taipei for f&e in Nov 2006, temperature like genting at nite, nice place and lots of food n shopping...so this time round will tour around taiwan, easier to join group esp with kids n my parents :p
heard that mid-end dec temperature is around 10degree? rainy season?

crystalz,
i have a list on places to visit at taipei and some weblinks. i can email you if u r interested.

hi Crystalz, yup you will need transformer! u check yr slow cooker.. cos some produts are travel friendly and can allow you to use with different wattage.

ok if you are in Ximending, there shld be a Welcome or other supermarkets nearby. Just ask the hotel for info. If you need fresh foods like potatoes etc, can definitely find in the supermarket but hor... their rice is different cos they eat short grain rice so the porridge texture will not be like what we are used to over here.

I'm less familiar with ximending cos i used to live near Taipei 101. If all else fails and you die die need baby supplies, i know of a baby shop at junction of RenAi Road Sec 3 + KuangFu Nan Road Sec 1 - it located at the main road just above KFC (2nd flr). They have baby clothes, supplies, toys, strollers etc

Along KuangFu Nan road sec 1 (directly across from the Sun Yet Sun Memorial Hall) there is also a MOtherCare store. Its only 5 min walk from the bb supplies store.

Hope I didn't confuse you.. heehe

BlurQ, yes rainy season in Dec but subject to weather/winds from China. Wont be 10 degree unless there is bad weather from China side.

Jan is colder so if you go in dec, its actually the best time. It can get sunny in the day as well so weather is just nice! :p

re: ergo. my son is tall but has short legs so the ergo is just nice for his shortie legs! haha. i got it mainly because it doesn't look girly on my hubby. I used to have beco & pikkolo too but my hubby dun wanna use so hve to sell all and keep the ergo.

botanist,
oh so it may not be that cold...but other parts of taiwan like kaoshiong, taichung etc will be colder?
long sleeves tshirt and jacket should be enuff?
hope its dun rain during the nite markets days

re: ergo, okie will go to local store and give it a try 1st, thks
happy.gif

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, CONSTANCE!!! muacks muacks!

blurq, no prob with pikkolo carrying ur bb for long hours, i been carrying my boy on pikkolo for few hours and it had been a faithful carrier for me if nt at least for my carrier-fussy notty boy. He is fussy with the carriers which carry him, had tried baby bjorn and mim on him, but they don seem to last him longer than pikkolo, hehee! i also thining of getting ergo but after wat botanist had mentioned i had 2nd tots cos my boy legs long long!!

xen ur boy got take PD jab?
i'm tinking of letting my girl take all the jabs first b4 bringing her to swim leh .. her 1st is oni tmr leh and she needs to go thru 3 jabs... ={

BlurQ,

weather is quite unpredictable so i think u still gotta bring more clothing, esp for bb. yes long sleeve T and jacket is enough. as you move down the island, the weather is warmer. but if you travel up to the mountains (if you are going on tour) then might be colder
happy.gif

blurQ,

Can email to [email protected]
THanks!

botanist,
ohh... short grain ah.. zhen zhu mi rite? I'm using that to cook my ger porridge.. so shouldn't be a problem. Actually thinking i bring the rice grain there.. can anot ah? haha Oh i'm going to sun yet sun memorial hall.. will check it out. haha THanks!!

slimz, u finally decided to give shi rui the pd jab! yup yup have to go thru 3 jabs, but beware will have mild fever wor. jovan's 2nd jab this mth end.

haaa.. long ago wanted.. but my mum was saying y put her thru the pain ..
anywaz my PD charging me $170 for one jab .. ex?? its exclude gst and consultation...

xen - punemoccal disease... duno spell rite anot..

linda,
oh ya.. PD alwys > ex de.. hmm.. can i go to GP for the 2nd 3rd jabs?

Back