(2007/11) November MTBs

Dear Nov 07 Mummies,

Our little ones will be having their 3 yr old next mth.... Any plans to celebrate their bday? Btw, does any mummy know where I can get Barney cake from? I have checked with Bengawan Solo and Polar but they do not have Barney cake...

michiv and miss A can give me ur email add so I can email u the perth info.
happy.gif

hello everyone!
''hope everyone is doing fine...

I'm bk..hhaa been really long since i last peeked into this thread in fact!
Been very busy ever since i shifted into my new pl in MArch...

I Started a small online biz doing customised kids and mummy's apparels..still doing my hairclips though, but kinda slow.

Time flies and our little ones are turning 3 so soon! scary :p
Are u all holding a mass bday bash again? I missed the fun last yr cos lotsa things happened and wasnt in the right mood to do anything. Only bought the kids for holidays and simple celebration with immediate family. This yr i m doing a combined celebration for my Mischa and Favian.
happy.gif

Grace, u didn't attend the bday bash last yr too?
I also dun mind if the date does not clash with anything.
Maybe we can check out some kiddos playground like kidzamaze etc. I heard the pl is not bad..

Any mummy keen? Or we can do a picnic celebration? Just worried abt weather issues though.

Time flies indeed! Happy 3rd Bday to Leroy & Claire..

so Ueno,
did Leroy manage to unveil his bday pressie till today?? I hvnt gotten ZY pressie yet.. oops!

MissA,
i rem Ash had a pink tricyle/bicycle with all the helmet gear.. where did u get it?

Grace,
how is bb Al drinking pattern now? Mine is a poor napper in the day n very demanding cos no longer contented to lie down there.. tiring sia.

Mischa,
ZY will hv a joint bday celebration wif her cousin this yr cos both bday fall on the same day. But we r game to join in too if we could, more like a playdate than a bday bash.

Jennifer,
my ger also requested a Barney cake this yr tho i am hoping she will change her mind. Besides prima deli, may want to try Bakerzin.. i rem seeing a brochure previously fr their outlet but not sure if they r still doing it now.

missA~humm weather nwois still oki la nt too hot nor cold.....

shopping at citygate more for adults loooooif u like branded stuffs but actually nt so slash down also
sad.gif

i love shopping at far yuen street/central n kwai fong plaza.

swimming gear ma..pack at nearer date like 3 days b4 la cos still nt sure weather cold or nt...shouldnt be though.

K@ye~ohhh oki next trip la
happy.gif

Sally, I missed last yr celebration cos I was in Korea I think hee... I came back n found out I was preggy.

Kat, alwyn is ok but he also wants to play lah. Just took his jabs yesterday. Weight wise below average. I hope he gets fat soon.. Jie Jie was fatter heehee

Jennifer,
phew!! My ger decides she prefers hello kitty now.. cos I dun like Barney. Now my turn tocake hunt too but HK quite easy.

Grace,
same lor.. at night sleep well but daytime is play play play! Now can flip so more busy for me. So long there is weight gain wkly doesn't matter if it's not 90th percentile type. My heavy boy at 7.5kg at 4 mths r giving me aching arms n worse sometimes no matter how long I rock simply dun wanna zzz!

Gelyn,
thanks. I know of Polar too anyway its only for the kiddos in her school so I dun really mind how it tastes. But then again all these not so nice cakes also dun come cheap.

lazykat, ya agree, perhaps a playdate will be more apt.
wow ZY like HK now? actually Polar cakes are not too bad. I ordered for my son before too.
This yr's theme she chose herself too. but she actually wanted Barney , Dora, snow white..and then list goes on n on..so i decide for her la.hahha...so its more like my own dream bday come true :p

Grace, oh i see..so fast u already pop another one too :p

oh btw, Grace or any mummies can share...what's the weather like in Korea in early Dec?
Am getting different advises from ppl...so till now hvnt started shopping for winter wear...confused...

Lazykat,

Try polar... they have yummy cakes! I bought one for Jermaine when she turned 2 last year. Wow... U intend to cele her 3rd bday in sch? I am sure the kids will be very happy!!!
happy.gif

Mischa,

Me too... At 1st, Jermaine wanna Barney.. then when we passed by Bengawan Solo to get some cake brochures.. That was when she changed her mind when she saw Toy Story and insisted to have the Buzz Lightyear.... I have a feeling next month we will eat many cakes.... Oh dear... I need to watch my waist... *lolz....

Mischa,
Will yo be bringing your child to Korea? I went in June and the weather was really hot... Thank god I didn't bringing Jermaine... Those whom were with our same tour group brought their kids and they found it wasn't bb friendly or child friendly... In the end, the poor kids ate rice with seaweed every meal... I personally don't take kimchi so Korea does not leave a good impression.. I can't remember where I have been to even though we went there for 8 days....

U may like to ask the travel agency if u r bringing your child and ask if they do cater for young children. Hope it helps...
happy.gif

Jenn

grace and Mischa,

I am keen for the idea... I missed last year's bday bash too.. Shall we have a 3rd year bday bash this year too???

Oh, I am so excited now!!!
happy.gif

Kat, for Hello Kitty cakes... i tried the polar (at my hubby's fren gal party). Its not bad..

I m just lucky that Claire din request any cartoon characters cake. I just show her what animal she wants n she told me Rabbit... Then i just choose the rabbit deco.

For her childcare centre party, i ordered a good old fashion cake in "3" for her classmates. For the families, i ordered from Flor cake. (www.cakeflor.com.sg) for her celebrations...

Now, i m kinda sick of cakes...
sad.gif

Jennifer,
same here..will get either a barney cake or Dora cake for her celebration in her sch..has wanted to bake something, but i think no one will appreciate , inclding the bday girl......LOL.
(i think mummies here must be thinking i should save the trouble..hahaha still rem the piggies cake i made for our 1st bday bash ?????)

Oh ya i m bringing them along...to be exact: MIL, HB, me, my 7yo son and piggy + cranky + whiney lil 3 yo.
sad.gif
Wish me good luck!
Ya i get different opinions when it comes to Korea. some frens told me kids will enjoy , some wished me good luck!
happy.gif

but i guess with kids, anywhere in the world also scary! Home is the best! haha. but i dun hv a choice. I so itch for a holidays...and my girl only sticks to me. So if i bring meimei, dun bring the brother will be unfair right? But i m follwing a tour group, so at least i wont hv a headache of planning the itinery.

hehe, but i like korean food esp kimchi..i think i can eat that everyday...am looking forward to the cold cold weather then.

Bday bash: any ideas to suggest?

morn ladies!

poochi, i PM you my email liao. Might need to shelf Perth as we are going skiing in Hokkaido in Feb.Now very worried if A can take the harsh weather. If not we probably just hv to stay in the apartment for 5 days lol.

k@ye, saw Claire's photos, she looks jolly. Her BD cake reminds me of my similar 3 bd cake before
happy.gif

weishy, I cant find kawi fong plaza, issit Kwai Chung Plaza?

Jennifer, I ordered the Toy Story Cake fr Bengawan Solo for school. I thought A wont want it anymore as she sort of grew of out Buzz and now into OSO.

Mischa, welcome back! Will join the the BD celebration if we avail.

mummies, anyone can share the I Can Read website? Any toddlers attending this? I'm thinking of switching A to I Can Read in January.

ueno, A's swim class is at 12.15pm, Sundays. Is L still attending the weekday class? He has progressed to Intermediate? Are you signing up for the Swim Award?

Mischa, ur Piggy cake is FAB!!! Got pix as evidence okie!
happy.gif

MissA, ya i also got a similar cake but for my 1st birthday!! So wanted Claire to have a similar one too! Plus, the cake is really cheap n good!

MissA, i ordered it from a cake shop near my Mum's pl. I doubt, they will waste the excess coz i m sure this cake shop will sell them off.

Costs me $68 for 2kg, n they re willing to do the numbers with a min of 2 kg.

mischa, I personally enjoy going to korea esp shopping and food! I went in Nov and it was autumn so quite cooling, dec is nearing winter so prepare some thicker clothes. U going sking? I'd love to bring my kids to ski one day... Since ur going with tour grp u can check what type of food they're providing. Actually korean food is not all spicy & BBQ de, but u goin wif tour so I guess u can't choose what to eat also. But u can pack some biscuits and buy bread/cakes for the kids along the way :p Enjoy...

MissA, rec ur pm. will email u soon.

kaye, u also go to flor for cakes huh. I like their cakes very soft!

i am going crazily busy..haahaa
in the end, maid was sent home last tues nite. back to the agent. and i am paranoid abt getting a new maid already.

so we going to send number 2 to infant care too.
starting 15 nov. now so busy especially my hubb works shifts.. tired tired.

sally -- korea is cold in dec. when i went last year early nov, it was 3deg etc. was supposed to be 10-15deg but it dropped. shopping was ok but i prefer taiwan shopping heehee and of cos taiwan food!

just finished ashlyn's birthday party for family last sat. now the next thing is the party at school this coming thurs.

Grace,
can imagine a lot muz hv happened.. but once u go back to work n ur hubby busy too, u will be very very stretch! All the best.

Jennifer, Mischa, K@ye,
i hv no choice cos this ger CC almost every other wk someone will be hving bday celebration. And seems like everyone is throwing a bigger n bigger celebration.. but we will still stick to juz getting her a cake to share, nothing more.

Poochi, ya... was trying their cakes... Din fail me!
happy.gif

Grace, jiayou....

Kat, ya... the CC teachers told me that the goodies bag is optional. I seen some of the stuff inside the goodie bag... its really expensive.....

Grace, thanks for the info. will prepare thicker clothings then.
Oh too long nv update..what happened to ur maid? then not geting another one? I was paranoid abt maids during my stay with my mum. changed 3 maids within 2mths! can u imagine my stress. aft that i didnt want any..but no choice i need to hv one cos i hate hate hate housework and all the nitty gritty stuffs.

)Poochi,i think we both quite similar
happy.gif
u love Japan too right? I wish i can go Jpn again..so ex!
ya i will check with them the food. my son's easy, as long hv fish n white rice, that wil be his meal. Mischa is the troublesome one..she eats everything though, but she eats very little..so kinda worried for her.

Kaye, thanks for the compliment ya...

MissA,
Yes he's still in the weekday class, am looking to change him to a weekend class. Not signing up for swim award

ueno, we waited so long for the weekend class. all the est to you
happy.gif

gelyn, thanks for the link. My reservation is if I'm being too ks & send her so early.

gelyn, berries is just once a week, I dun find it will improve the conversational skills but if you diligently practice the words, then the child would be able to recognise the words. A enjoyed going to Berries but she forget everything once she stepped out of the door. It's just her, lol.

Mummies, whr to take the maid test?

Hi ladies, popping in to say HI! seems like everyone else is going to have a bigger celebration than J. There's no cartoon cakes here in Finland. Dreamer, do they have cartoon cakes in Holland? And, the plan is I will bake a cake, have some cream and candles on and it'll be birthday at home. I dunno if they even do it at school. I haven seen any yet so far.

Miss all the conveniences of homeland, hahaha... and the warmth. It's 0 or negative here already....

hihi smilemum! hope u r keeping warm up north!

fancy birthday cakes in netherlands? i don't think so .... i've been making kaira's birthday for the last 2 years and this year will be the same as well ;p she's never had a "big celebration" -- only me and hubbie who celebrates with her........

i ever thought that maybe i should go learn and make those fancy cartoon cakes maybe i can have a business here....lolol .... dreamzzz.

Hahaha... i think for me if i ever make, it'll be only for my kiddos... And this time round, I also dunno if I'll end up making the cake. Went to stockmann to ask for cake shop that makes cakes for kids and they gave me a contact. It's not gonna be cheap though. considering that stockmann's cakes (with cream) but not customise and such is already euros 40+... my hubby was saying.... erm.... no expensive cake ya....
i was like ya ya... so now, i dunno if i should try to make the cake or buy the cake, cos Jave chose handy manny. I wanted to go to the toy shop today to see if I could get the figurine.. but J's down with cough so I stayed home and it's raining...

Well, let me know if u got any tricks for making a easy and nice BD cake. I din think it was a problem in Europe till now. Hahaha... and yes, if u have some time on hand, u should consider starting a home business. I'm sure there are people looking for good, nicely decorated BD cakes.

Hi mummies,
I've delivered bb Sheldon past midnight today at mt A. He weighs 2.91kg 52cm. V short labour , after doc broke water bag, came out in 3hrs time!

Gelyn,
L enjoys his berries class too, think now it's exposing them to the language esp if u don't speak mandarin at home. He can recognize the Chinese characters when I asked him at home.

Miss A, one of my friend just send her son of 5 years old there. According to her, they will assess them before they let them advance to the next level...something like that.

Re: Berries
Thanks Miss A and Ueno for the info. I think a child who enjoy the course is important. At least yours can recognize the Chinese character...mine don't. I think its probably alien to him. Haha...ok, I will see if I can book the trial and let him try. Thanks, Mummies!
happy.gif

Hi Gelyn

I would recommend to try berries @ Orchard. They are the main branch. My gal started from N2 she has no problem with chinese and she loves
chinese.She can even teach me how to read (pronounce in correct sound) hahaha. How old is yr gal now ?

gelyn,
there's a berries in bt batok cc if not wrong.
can go for trial lesson and see if ur son is interested.
i will start my gal at clementi br next year as she will be in N2 by then.

Back