(2007/11) November MTBs

hi ladies, i'm from the dec 07 thread. Sorry for interrupting, but below this is for catherine

catherine

I just consulted this lady called Tammy Fontana re: my girl's sleep problems (dunno how to go to sleep by herself, wakes up few times a nite etc). She charges $45 for phone consultation, $75 for home consultation. Found out about her thru the most recent issue of Mother & Baby. Her hp no. is 90307239. Maybe you could try her out? Just seems a whole lot cheaper than Shona. Tonite's the first nite that I'm sleep training my girl, so can't advise the results yet.
 


help! I think i kena Mastitis
sad.gif

Suddenly felt soreness on my left neh neh 2 days ago, then it became worse... feels like blue-black, but non engorgement. Then yesterday, fever kicks in.
Today I see neh neh red red where it hurts... still having fever and whole bodyache.
Any mummies kena before?
What kinda doctor shld i visit? Norma GP or Gynae?
Can I still BF baby on the affected neh neh? (i have still been doing it despite the pain)
Help!!
 
michviv,
ya lor, she also kick my hubb more. and at club med, she sleep in her own cot.

kaye,
huh MASSAGE!!! er, i think i let you bring home and try this massage..haahaaahaa its more backache ok.

talk abt the vits hor, ah yo, she always like tat. never check one then my hubb still have remaining 2 bottles of Men's vits. so how can he finish!! then he say her, then u know wat she say, er, Grace, u can eat also. This one men and woman can eat. i was like DUH. Bu shi mai ge wo chi de lah. anyways, i open 1 bottle to help my hubb eat. but i hate taking medicine...so dont know how long i can last....

gloomy,
i rem there is some mummy here who went to see a breast doct....cant rem who though. Paiseh ah..
 
Tweetie:welcome to the club
happy.gif
....not JOY LUCK CLUB though :p

K@ye:which one u getting?(jpn FM?) cos MEIJI and others i find its heaty....alot of hkg ppl drinking that though.....depnding on bbs le.....HAyley's drinkoing the WAKADO one.
ASK ur uncle to buy from chinese pharmacy cheaper than supermarket(like sin la)

smilemum:me in hkg now.....good buys....alot le....loads of stuff is chepaer than sin but not in states la.........can got to prince edward(flower market) and mongkok(too trendy for me :p)

MM:got ur msg,did u get mine?(Tsuen wan super far from town le........)u get urself online la then can chat more.

gloomybear:me dun hv such experience le....think if u continue to BF will help the inflammation.

catherine:$250 TOO EX LA.......hayley sleep thru when she turn 2.5 months.......i just give her water if she wakes up and her last feed will hv cereals inside her milk to make her fuller :p
J actually wakes up early and sleeps early too........think its habit and comforting for him.......
 
Ladies, my boy has been waking up multiple times er night for the past week. It's like 5 - 7 times... I really KO liao... Seems unsettled in his sleep. and he's having all the molars out at one go... I cant figure out what it is... just know it's terrible..

any suggestions, other than my hubby's, 'to feed him vodka'?
TIA
 
Gillian: Ethan is going through the same thing. Monitor your boy for fever cos that makes them feel really uncomfortable. I would also recommend that you use a teething gel like Dentinox (you can get this from any pharmacy). When E gets up, I check his temperature and if normal, I just apply the teething gel. He goes to sleep after that.

Think this process of teething will last about a week. Ethan's fever stopped 1 day ago and he's better now.
 
michviv: Thks, i do apply it for him, but still he wakes up. it's been a week liao. haha.. my boy has never had fever for teething to date.. but i keep a lookout. thanks.
 
mummies,

during confinement, did you do massage by malay lady? i am looking for one that do just body massage and no need to wrap cos i hate to wrap. during my first time, my massage lady will only massage me for about 15 mins and then wrap my tummy liao, so all in all, about 30 min to 40mins which is not enough for me, i want at least full body massage for 1 hour, any good ones to recommend?
 
smilemum,

hanns is having all his molars too and at times got fever and wake up few times, if he is not having fever, I will just ignore his cries and let him goes on till he stop cos if i give in, his routine will go haywire even after his teething stop.
 
mummies going to playdays:
Can't bring G to class today cos' he's still having diarrohea (poor boy!). pls help to inform the teachers. Thanks so much! Now my hubby got the virus too and is down..sigh.
 
poissons * grace ,
hugz to G & A, and you mommies also need to take care too ya!

missA,
if it's not too late, can add me to the flashcard link library? TIA!
[email protected]

catherine,
my gal still wakes up in the middle of the nite every nite so we're pretty used to her style alreday. prob wif her is she sometimes dun finish her last milkfeed; hence got hungry in the mid of nite.

tweetie,
our kiddods can hi-5 on the milk intake liao.
my gal can sometimes just 'entertain' me during her nite feed by drinking 15ml and return me her bottle. no matter how we coax, she will refuse totally and just crying for the pacifier!
i would say her total milk intake for the whole day is abt 300ml; or less! her max is usually 150ml, to-date has yet to hit 180ml!!! sigh...
 
gloomybear, you may try to call mrs wong from thomson parentcraft. not sure whether she can help but last time got her to help me when i got engorgement. since u still bf, she may be able to advise whether or not to bf and seek treatment. have pm you her mobile. hopw it helps
 
Thanks for the well wishes.
Ashlyn seems ok already. hyper as usual. i think its just teething....so i will most prob see you guys later.
 
gloomybear, i kena before! ur situation sounds jus like mine when i had blocked ducts. in fact 2x but u still kena at 15mth....kinda weird..u jus reduced ur pumping/ latching interval issit?

i continued to latch on the affected breast both times i kena- in fact i latch more often on the affected part so that the blocked ducts can be cleared ASAP.

1st time i ignore and kept feeding...very painful, fever 38deg.it jus recovered aft 3rd day. 2nd time i kena, a fellow mummy here asked me to go consult her breast surgeon cos hers started mild but ended up hving to extract the pus from her breast. so i went aft 2 days of swelling. aft doing some scans the surgeon told me i was recovering well myself and didnt need any medication...but i paid a $90 consultation fee..hehee abit heartpain on that. so u hv to observe la, if u realy worried, can check with ur gynae first cos its jus an u ultrasound scan to check - breast surgeon's ultra sound scan is a few times more ex!

k@ye, sure no prob. let me know my crocs outcme. thanks
 
Re: Breastfeeding
Hey just wanted to check with mummies that stop breastfeeding for a while. Do you still hv milk when you press/squeeze your breast? I stopped breastfeeding in Dec 2008 once I knew I was pregnant, of course, reducing the pumps gradually. But after 1 mth plus, I realise there is still milk. And the funny thing is, I really for my 1st pregnancy, breast size increase even from 1st trimester. but now for #2 pregnancy, I dont find it so. Not sure if it's cos I hv been breastfeeding. In fact, I feel that eventually my breasts shrink as I gradually hv less milk supply.

Re: Matt's diaper rash
Finally, no choice, had to see the doctor and got my hands on the cream with the content that Michviv mentioned. Matt's butt is getting very much better. Haiz, had to pay RMB 500 for that. Even though we can claim it back through insurance, jsut felt it was unnecessary since we knew exactly what to buy.
 
MissA

I dun tik I receive yr email. Could you pls send again at [email protected]?

haiz, my gal got fever again yesterday. tot she has recovered on thurs, then temperature went up again yesterday.

she's been dropping quite a bit of hair recently also. any mummies know why? making me very worried, will bring him to the pd again tomorrow.
 
Weishy, thanks for the info! Giving the JAp FM as a last try... Will be getting the brand that my niece is taking coz apparently it helps in constipation => Morningna brand ah...

SG only sells the Wakado brand that u mentioned!

MM, heheh... If nothing goes wrong hor, that wrong color of crocs might be taken over by Plim. Btw, no need to help me get the milk powder back from HK liao!
happy.gif


Tinkabel, think next time u got to stock up such creams when u re back in SG!

Poissons, did u try to let G drink soy based FM first to stop the LS?
 
missA,
can you add me to the flashcard link library too? [email protected]

kaye,
yes, i've switched him to soy-based (lactose free) milk now. went to see the PD again this morning and she gave antibiotic cos' his poo is slimey and stinky. he has lost so much weight now, all his baby fats are gone..i'm so heartpain
sad.gif
 
tinkabel: Nope, after I stopped BFing, milk flow stopped even after I pressed. And yes, your breasts will shrink after you have breastfed for a duration of time. I suspect its because when the milk ducts expand due to collection of milk, it pushes all the fats away so once the milk is gone, everything looks smaller than it was before. I used to be size B (during BFing became size C/D), now I'm an A! =(

Glad to know that Matt is getting better. =)I'm still confused why you can't just buy it over the counter? Hmm...unless the law is different in China.

Poissons: I hope G will recover soon. Poor dear...Dun worry, he will gain back his fats once this episode is over.
 
michviv, does E free his arms from the car seat straps? Reason I ask is cos we hv the same car seat & A always free herself. Not sure if I use it wrong way.

mummies, I've sent you the link. let me know if u dun get it.
 
K@ye:hayley also had moringawa b4 and too heaty for her.....so changed to wakado loooooo.u can give it a try though.dunno if they hv smaller tins le........never see b4.....cos if claire cant take it then its a waste mah.
 
mischa's mummy, don't think mine is block ducts.. i never reduce latching leh... it just suddenly become very painful, no lumps, no nothing. too painful to latch, so i increase the interval to latch on the affected breast, THEN kena engorgement and lump... then swelling came. Sigh.
I went to see normal GP liaoz.. he prescribe me antibiotics to treat the infection first, have to go back to check if the lump goes away. if it doesn't, he'll refer me to do mammogram. The nurse was telling me, if i do mammogram now, i'll sure cry like a baby. haha
 
Poochy, I tried lettg her drink from straw but she finds it weird, so we hv to keep coaxing her to drink. Haiz, her milk strike juz started last friday nite, refuse to suck from the bottle teat. She rather I syringe feed or cup feed her the full 180ml. Suspect she is teething coz can feel 4 teeth sprouting out at the same time.

Hello Weishy
happy.gif


Kittybride, Hi 5 Hi 5... tink our bb are same same. This milk strike is mkg me so angry again. Really hope its another phase I hv to go thru n shd get better soon. I usually force feed her, so she seems to be pretty used to the fact tat i will gulp milk in her mouth when she dun finish, so juz lie there to b tortured. Haha!! Btw, hw heavy is yr bb? Mine has stopped putting on weight since 12mths. Weight is always hovering b/t 9.4 - 9.8kg, nvr cross the 10kg mark before.
sad.gif
Rather concerned.
 
Morn ladies!

Weishy, me also dunno abt the Jap FM... Really my desparate measure. I m suspecting that teething might cause her to be heaty too! Coz her gums are really swollen and nothing comes out. To date, she has 10 teeth... And i suspect, the rest are coming out in a shot!

Gloomybear, that time how did u order the Crocs? U order directly or thru the concierge service of the freight forwarder?
 
Crocs Spree Updates!

Ladies, the shoes had arrived at my office! Its so crazy! The merchant packed in a big box and the box can put at least 20 pairs of kids Crocs! Will be sending the O$P$ email later.

Let me know ur collection mtd => Post, Bedok, Redhill, Tg Pagar or Raffles Pl....

MM, let me check with Plim whether she wants to take over ur Crocs hor.
 
MissA: please send me the link. [email protected]. Thanks.

Michviv: Ya me too, now my bras all loose. But strange to find my breasts not growing since I am pregnant now. I hope I will hv enough BM for #2. Sigh... Now during bathing, I just try to massage to release the little amts of milk inside, just worried it will start blocking up the milk ducts. But I suppose no serious issue.
 
MissA, just emailed u.... Heheh ur damage is $61.78... Dun pound fast lah... Still need to wait for the shoe charms!
 
Rachel, i sent an email to inform u that it was cancelled coz Crocs refused to sell to BDL.

Gloomybear, isit? Like that ah, shd hv order directly and get them to ship to CGW.

MissA, received the $$ liao.... Psst, did u check out the IMM roadshow for Crocs? I think its still cheaper than the $53.45 (retail price in the shop)

Grace, sent the O$P$ email to u liao!
 
Poissons: G nw lao sai ah, must give him lotsa water. Nvr mind, he will gain bk the weight and be yr little sumo again once recovered.

Gillian: So u're smilemummy. Forgotten who's who coz so many change their nick at the same time:)

MissA: Can send me the link? [email protected]. TIA.
 
MissA, orr... Now i m so tempted to buy another pair of Crocs for Claire... but hor... Claire got at least 4 pairs of shoes waiting for her to wear leh!!!
 
Poissons

My gal also got diarrhoea since yesterday. Brought her to PD again today and doctor confirmed its stomach flu. Her fever also due to the virus. Yup, she also lose quite abit of weight.
 
missA,

got it liao, thanks for the link!

tweetie,
wah, ur gal still let you 'torture' her with milk parade ah? mine got super temper one, she will reject by turning her head away from the teat, and even swinging her hand at the teat!!! we coaxed her so many times, she will just wail and refuse the milk but LOOK for her pacifier!!! sigh...

anyway, ur gal's at least not featherwt like mine - her wt has been hovering ard 8KG for the longest time!! we just console ourselves by saying she's our chilie padi baby lah... small but fiery! ahahaha...
 
Gemini,
Hugs to your gal. It's so heartpain to see them suffer. Last night G again poo non-stop, his butt so red and sore and whenver we rinse him, he will cry and wail non-stop, I also cried together with him cos' besides carrying and coaxing him, I dunno how to make him feel better. PD said he caught the salmonella virus (same as the Prima Deli case), I wonder where he got it?? Sigh..if he's really not getting any better, I think will have to bring him to KKH later.
 
MissA, no leh. Ethan has never escaped so far from his car seat. have you ever tightened the seat belts? I did so once I got the car seat. It should be a snug fit so that baby is unable to move around especially if car suddenly stops.

can send me link to the flashcard link library too? thanks.

ASHM: So how ah dear? What is the status with JG? Think we better start choping places soon...=)
 

poissons: If G has very bad diarrhoea, you must give him rehydration salts. Did your PD give you Pedialyte? Its very important that you rehydrate him ok? Even if he does not want to drink, you have to shoot some in with a syringe. If all else fails, what the doctors at KK will do is to put him on a drip. Very sad but necessary I'm afraid. Be strong for him ok?

I know how it feels. E's butt was so sore too! Cried when we rinse with water. Put more moisturizer for him, it will help with healing...
 

Back
Top