(2007/11) November MTBs

For mine, before we moved to Shanghai, we contributed a fixed amount to savings. But of course, we share the burden on household expenses. Now that we moved to Shanghai, everything is really shared. So no more my money is my money, but it's his money too. But I guess to us, this works quite well because we are hubby and wife, no need to argue who pays for whatever.
 


ASHM: Dun worry. Jia you for next month! Good luck TTC. =)

Finances: We also adopt the joint account approach. Each person puts a % of his/her salary into the joint account. Earn more, put more la. =P In the end, the account is used to pay for all household expenses including maid salary etc. But Petrol and car stuff my hubby pays of course. Sometimes, hubby gives me & Ethan treats by paying for our shopping or dining. But otherwise, its split quite fairly.

Maid: I also dun believe that she is there to take care of the kid. Her main priority is the household since I have my dad/MIL around. Dun trust her alone with the kid unless he is already sleeping. But I must say that she is quite patient with him la.
 
poissons,
my HB also treat his car like his 2nd wife tat y he gave "her" a new coat of paint b4 CNY. But prob is he say the car expenses must be counted towards the shared household expenses. he doesnt fetch me to and fro work. every weekday, i take public transport - squeeze in the crowded mrt & bus but i still gotta share the cost of maintaining his 2nd wife. somemore he drives his car to KL almost every month. unfair right?

i had so many arguements with my HB abt sharing of household expenses until i gave up on him. it's only recently then he suddenly realised the fact tat i paid so much for the household. i told him tat his monthly expenditure is exactly the same as when he was single (or even less coz i pay for the meals alot of the times) but for me, my expenses just keep increasing after we got married and after Jovan was born. i dun need him to pay for everything or pay more, i just wan him to share equally since we r a family.
 
Catherine,
why dun u list down all household expenses in a spreadsheet for a particular mth, and indicate who contributes what - it will be clear who has been paying more - but ultimately i feel it shld be balanced with who earns more too. Sometimes, the numbers wont sink into his head unless u show it all to him. Gd luck!

Could it be yr work place is out of the way so cant fetch u to/back fr work? Alternatively is to drop u mid-way so u only hv to take MRT or 1 direct bus, some of my frenz r practising this also.
 
michiviv: thanks for your reply
happy.gif
yup, st james is good but my son is number 170+ on the wait list, no hope.. whereas nanyang my son's 100 and we are phase 3 so got some small hope
happy.gif


maris stella is really nice, big classroom, bible devotion daily,with to me a pretty sound curriculum
happy.gif
sister marjorie who was with it for the past decades just left last year, so there is a new sister, don't know if that would impact the kindy significantly..but she seems nice, saw her on the ground intereacting with the kids and they also have optional enrichment classes which is a plus cios then don't have to sent child to other ones outside.. you can check it out
happy.gif
but the negative point is that they only start for our kids in 2011..

my older girl was in cc til now and is n2 this year, there is space for her in maris stella but she's so happy in her current cc that she tells me she doesn't want to change school and she'll be very sad if i change and she's someone that doesn't adapt well to change. so i think ideally i prefer to put my son somewhere where i don't have to change halfway.. my hubby suggested putting my son in the same cc as my daughter and then in maris stella when he is n2, but may have the same pblm again.. sigh..

did you consider etonhouse at bukit timah and pats schoolhouse at ridgewood?

missA: we are at HH too but 1215 with teacher nurul classroom 4f if i remember rightly.. yes it is my first term.. were you told have to buy linking memory?

initially thought it seemed to be overrated, maybe cos my expectations v high after hearing what it's suppose to be like plus the highhigh fees.. but my daughter just started as well in the 4yr old class and the kids there have been attending shichida for years compared to my girl who also first term and i can see the difference lor.. their memory i must say is fantastic, so guess there is some benefit to it
happy.gif
also i don't think i can replicate all that they do at home so as of now, will let them attend a year before i reassess and decide again..

what are your thoughts?
happy.gif
 
Morn ladies,

Need your help. I need to bring Claire to see the PD but my PD clinic noone answer phone.

Got any recommendations for PDs who are in the town area or East area?

Thanks
 
Thanks Grace... Managed to book an appt later for Claire at the PD....

Now just hope my boss will approve my half day leave.
 
oh grace u see dr lee? I see Dr Tan his cousin.. ha ha : )

poissons, so spot on I also said that to my hubby abt being a man!! I said I'm so sad for my daughter my next child must be boy!
 
Weishy, pooing problem. Dunno what's wrong with her lah, she refused to poo and then when poo, the poo too hard... tear the anus and bleed lor...

Change the FM liao, give her lotsa veggie & water also like that... Me tearing my hair out...

Poochi, not for us determine the gender leh! Hehe...
 
K@ye: E also has tears at his anus. PD gave cream to apply on his anus. But he said coz he poos on alternate days, the tear has no chance to heal and he poos again. So will bleed again. I've also changed the FM to Gain as advised by PD. It's better, instead of pooing once every 2-3 days, he nw poos once every 2 days and it's alot.
 
k@ye: I tot u mention the 5 flower herbal tea is working for her? so its not huh? Cailyn also now poo gorli again.. last week ok but after weekend the gorli comes back.

my HB asked me what I gave her over the weekend..
sad.gif
sound like my fault.. I gave her alot of veg - broccoli mixed with oats cereal and mixed with barley water liao.. sigh.. poo on sat but not sun.. now all gorli and I don't think all her poo is out too..
 
Mambobb, the 5 flower herbal tea hor... Let her poo everything out... but after no give her.. Its back to square one...

Cactus, i changed from Nan 3 to Gain and now Gain to Goat milk FM... coz goat milk not so heaty mah.. but still got this problem... Gain also gorli poo... Me really tearing hair out!

This morning, my Mum inserted soap for her to poo lor...
 
k@ye: I brought Cailyn to see doc few weeks back and the doc claimed that at this age of our bb is common due to the food they eat. Ask me not to worry.
sad.gif
How not to worry when she poo she cry and leave all her poo inside her leh.. but still the doc said not to worry, just a phase of growing.. sigh.. so I requested to give me more liquid inserts for her so that I can use whenever I need to.. don need to bring her to see doc so often..

Cailyn doesnt allow me to insert the soap in her.. cry bucket until I gave up and she fell asleep straight after tt.. so poor thing.. sigh.

Me also tearing my hair out due to her constipation too.
 
michviv - okie thanks!
happy.gif


k@ye & mambobb - hugs to Claire and Cailyn
happy.gif


K@ye - hope the PD can solve her problem!
happy.gif


Weishy - don't stress yourself out especially you are pregnant now. Things will be sorted out eventually!
happy.gif
 
PDS - Just wondering how come our todds' hands are not sanitised before the start of the class?

Lazykat - Hope you are able to join us this Sat!
 
tinkabel:
Is the situation very bad in China? Anyway now that u r pregnant, take it as a good time to rest. Some of my friends also have to take no pay leave for some months.

Cactusnah:
yr sister's maid really too much! Luckily she is gone. I also saw via CCTV my maid pushed my dog down from the washing machine after cleaning him. Luckily my dog's leg not fractured. When I casually asked her, she said no she didn't do it.

Catherine:
Maybe it's good to find a good time and nice place to talk to your hub nicely about these things, as sometimes they dun realise certain stuffs. Like my friend's hubby was telling us that his wife is a SAHM with a kid should be very free at home and etc. So I told him that can imagine very busy, as I look after my bb during my maternity leave and not even have time to go to toilet for big business, have meal and etc... then he realise how tough it was...

Ya. I agree with LazyKat about the transport thingy. I should work out fine. I take the car as I have free parking at my work place and moreover, I am a home to work driver...hee...hee... don't how to read map... anyway no excuse... just that I have not take the time to learn...
happy.gif


k@ye:
What happened to Claire? Hope nothing serious.
 
ASHM:
I am fine. Thank you for asking. Just that very busy with work and now maidless. So even busier.

Now appetite is better. Think I just put on 3kg. Fri going for check up. Though I dun put on much when am pregnant, I always put on during confinement and maternity leave... find it very hungry when BF..and suddenly the tummy like always no enough food.
happy.gif


Yes.. we can all meet up after CNY. Enjoy yr trip also.
happy.gif
 
Hey mummies:

Need to ask yr advice on PAP. As I tot of sending Isaac to half day PAP since he is already attending Shichida class once a week. But I heard from my friend that her daughter doesn't pick up English much when she sent her daughter to PAP. They usually speak chinese at home. So she told me now her daughter with Montessori and she can see improvements e.g. knows how to take care of little ones, good manners and etc.

hmm... so I'm in a split mind. Any thoughts?
 
Re: Poo poo
I think Matt has a totally different problem. Since birth, he usually poos (watery one) after he feeds. At 1st we read that this is normal since he was on TBF. Then we started solids when he was 5 plus months, think he dropped poo to about 2-3 times a day. We thought it was also normal since still on TBF other than meals. Now that I totally stop breastfeeding, he still poos like 2-3 times a day. We are trying to potty train him, but how to, since he poos 2-3 times a day. Sigh, that's why he is not putting on weight. He was only 9.45kg at 13 months.

Rachel C: Ya, usually in my line, should see this kind of forced leave. But the China market is very different from other more stabilised markets like Singapore etc, that does more recurring work. In China, a lot of people are doing transactions. With the Lehman collapse in Sept, all our IPOs suddenly died. Already axed pple in an earlier round. But they cant keep axing, scarly market suddenly turn around and we have not enough pple to service the transactions. So forced leave lor. Ya, my 1st reaction was quite strong. But then think abt it, not such a bad thing after all. But problem is, I am still very busy. Sigh...
 
K@ye;how much water does claire drinks?hayley must drink about 600ml(fresh diluted juice/apple & chinese pear boiled water)...if not she also hv difficulty in pooing.
How about mambobb's girl girl????hv to drink plenty of water ar
 
K@ye,
maybe it really has nothing to do with the FM. But as with any illness, Claire prob need more time to let her body adjust - of course those times will be heart wrenching for the mummy to see them in pain.

How can they not grant u half day to bring yr daughter to PD? @%$&$%

ASHM,
sure, let's arrange another time after CNY.

Rachel,
dun stress yrself out, n u can still afford to put on lah, eat more
happy.gif
I also eat like a cow during my confinement, never in my life have i eat so much rice + vege/meat during the entire mth!
 
I was thinkg maybe can put Matt into ACJS when he turns kindergarten. After all I was from ACJC. but not sure, if i should, cos a lot of rich and spoilt brats from AC usually.

Oh yah someone mentioned after going to Montesorri, it's difficult to go back to
kindergarten? why is this so?

Weishy: That's a lot of water. matt hates to drink water. I think he drinks like less than 100ML a day. Sigh, already trying to give him more but he just doesnt want to drink. But luckily he has no constipation prob. Just poo-poo ing too much haha.
 
Rachel, Claire is picky.. She dun like papaya... Cant force her to eat coz she will merlion all the food if we force her to eat!

Weishy, she drinks 180ml of water each morning, afternoon, another 100ml not to forget all those porridge and honey we feed her to drink... Warrao, i really headache big time!
 
Tinkabel, eat more poo more! Hehe!

Kat, my boss just approved my leave. Heng ah... Dun want to talk abt my boss liao... I resigned to my fate liao... but i m also looking for new job...
happy.gif


Now can only leave at 1pm...
 
TInkabel:ur too much is how much har?usually after each poo i will chk the colour etc......light mustard and slightly soft is the best.....btu sometimes very dark colour....means inside her body long time looooooo.tat happens when she poop every other day.
 
lazykat: I've checked with PDS but this week's class is already full as there are 2 kids on the waitlist who will be paying for a preview this week. I've put you on the waitlist and they will let me know when you can attend. Didn't know they were so popular. Will update you k?

tinkabel: haha. I was just thinking the same thing about ACS kindergarten. Usually the rich "atas" folks there. =) As for the type of curriculum the school can offer, its really up to your preference but the montesorri method is child focused and allows them to dabble in what they are interested in for the day. So they will be moving around to different corners and not sit still! That said, this method is great for learning at a young age but I would not recommend it in Kindergarten as you know how rigorous the Singapore primary school system is.
 
Tinkabel,
Matt has ZY to hi-5. On average she poos like twice a day, sometimes once a day if not 3 times a day. She worse, after her diarrhoe, now left 9.2kg at 14 mths, but not too worried cos she is a glutton, so will gain back fast.

K@ye,
phew.. better get ready to pack n go. Hug hug Claire!
 
rachelC, jus happened to see ur post re: PAP...
my advise is if its within ur means to send your child to a full day Child developement centre, kindy or Montessori, go for that. to put it bluntly, PAP is the LAST resort. - furthermore, some PAP's fees are not exactly cheap to me surprise

The standard is so different now compared to our times -everyone came out from PAP. but now its diff, u can really see the diff betwn a child who went thru PAP and those who did not. Esp when they enter P1.
I m glad that i did not put my son in PAP.

Tinkabel,for Monti kids, i noticed a typical behavior as compared to kids from CC or kindy. they tend to be VERY independent, sometimes to the extreme of being self-centred. Quoting from a friend's experience.She sent her girl to monti and aft 2 yrs, she took her out and put her in a church kindy. her child was too self-centred- ut it bluntly is the VERY Ang Mo way of living. most of all she was worried abt her standard of Mandarin as they didnt really focus much on that.

jus sharing my views
 
weishy: u mention on the apple/chinese pear boiled water. Chinese pear means those yellow pear type right? Think I need to go and get some this weekend to boil for her.

k@ye: think only of our 'C' having this problem niah.. let us jia you together
happy.gif
 
weishy, I chat with you tonight can? My co block msn leh
sad.gif
But if my hubby go wld ur frens mind?

ashm, the last time I went PDS they also din check temp and also din check on the hands & feet if got spots. I find they quite lax in this area.

fushiastar, SM teacher din tell us to buy anything yet. Last Sunday daddy attended the class with her so he knows how exhausting it can be. Are you attending the PEC on 21 Jan? My hubby din want to go with me
sad.gif
 
missA - Ya lor - this is what I think also. I will check with them this Sat then.... i thought they should at least sanitize all the toddlers and parents' hands before they start the class.
 
plim / lazycat/ ASHM:
The other time when we meet up, I noticed that u mummies are already very slim, wonder what is yr secrets? Wanted to ask but slipped my mind.
happy.gif


lazykat:
I am looking forward to my vinegar pig trotter. Yummy and my hubby will "snatch" from me too.
happy.gif


I totally agree with you, eat like a cow.....

Mischa's mummy:
Thanks for sharing yr view.

I am not thinking of full day child care but more of half day so that no1 and no2 can have some time to play.

I am also thinking of those church kindergarden but tot maybe the distant is too far. Tot if I can find a PAP near my new place, at least no1 can learn something and the other half a day can spend some time with nanny and no2. And when no1. is older then send him to full day at Monte. As I heard from friends too young not too good to send to full day child care as might be too tiring for them... So I am still thinking...

As kids at this age, absorb things like a sponge and I am wondering what I can teach him to tickle his brain to learn with interest and yet not putting too much pressure.

k@ye:
What abt Kiwi har? Think apple also ok but need to be careful.
 
Rachel - I put on about 23.5kg when i was pregnant with Ash! Vain as usual, i got the malay lady to come over to massage and bind me on the second week after my C-section. Had weekly massage on the second month. Also signed for PT (12 lessons) at the gym because I know I will not go the gym without any commitments
happy.gif


After all these, i just take it easy and eventually i managed to put on my pre-pregnancy jeans
happy.gif
 
Rachel - My nephew is attending the church kindergarden in East Coast and he is enjoying it. I agree, no need to stress our todds now, just let them play and learn at their own pace.
happy.gif
 
Rachel,
as i was telling ASHM, i din lose all my weight gain even till now - its all over my arms, tummy esp, and thigh so maybe that's why not as apparent. I din even do a single wrap, only had a few yoga sessions (<10) - most weight lost naturally thru handling my super charged gal.
 
Lazykat - heehee this is the best way to lose weight without having to spend any $$ on it. I freaked out when I was 80.5kg on the morning I had my c-section and I told myself die die also must lose all these weight! I had very good appetite during my pregnancy and was practically eating everything!
happy.gif
 
ASHM:hey woman at least u're tall le!!!!me shorter also gained 24kgs....so this time round i try to eat lesser :p

missA:eek:ki u add me la
happy.gif


mambobb:apples(those washington type,not china ones) and china yellow pear is "ren" meaning + moisture in winter time and its not cooling or heaty
happy.gif

can try out one time first,anyway its better than normal packed juice(we usually blend our fruits and add in water for her,dun waste ma those fibres kkakakkakak)
 
re: nursery/kindergarten

after reading all the post on nursery/kindergarten, i called Nanyang kindergarten up.... i wanted to place baby A there cos i want her mandarin base to be strong cos mine is bad. BUT, their waitlist is 300++! registration is $100 non refundable. totally no chance sia... intake is only 90. Sigh. so disappointed.
So, I called up St James, wait list is 100+, registeration fee is $53.50, put on wait list for pre-nursery, nursery, and K1/K2... so, i just sent in my applc.

How? next time once preganant register? LOL Craziness!
 
gloomybear,
not surprised abt the queue..and yes, register once pregnant, that's what many mummies do i heard, at least for st james. my sis registered for her son when he was only 2 months old..and he got a confirmed seat in pre-nursery and nursery! Haha..see lah..spoil market.
 

re: pre-school
i guess there's different school of thoughts for where you send your kids to and it's just really what you want for your kid. I believe no pre-school is that bad or that good in any case. My elder girl used to attend Tots House, cos it's pure convenience for my mum as it's just on the basement of her block. She attended it for a year, she was happy and learning things (songs, words, etc.). Then i began looking around for something else (initially wanted childcare cos 2nd one is coming and felt that mayb send her there so easier for my mum) then i stumped on a montessori pre-school. After hearing from my friend and viewing the school, i felt it was pretty good (yes, there have been pple saying that montessori schools raise children to be certain type of person and difficult to blend into primary, etc.). She's now in a Montessori environment pre-school.

To me, more importantly is she enjoys the classes, friends and school and she is enjoying every moment of it. Another areas i will look out for is the school environment (pref i wld like an area with natural surroundings especially like outdoor activities, but is happy so long the environment is comfortable to you at least. One other area wld be teachers and principals lor... you should meet with them and understand how they operate, teach the kids, be around when classes are going on (if possible) to see how teachers interact with their students... Most importantly is your child is happy to go to school!

RachelC,
aiyo, where got slim? all covered up only! *lol* u're not too bad yourself wat considering only put in 3kg till now! me ah, aiyo, since 1st delivery, then 2nd, my weight has been going up!
so sad, tat day went for my usual dancing lesson, instructor just commented that i've put on weight *boo hoo*

hehe, u got msn? mine is [email protected], add me leh...
ASHM,
Jia You!

gloomybear,
i think govt subsidy usually for childcare if i'm not wrong...
 

Back
Top