(2007/11) November MTBs

Tinkabel,
Yah, they did painting in the class, supposed to paint the apple tree..the teacher cut apples into half and emerged in the paint, they are to use those apples and stamp onto the white paper..but apparently G is more interested in playing with the paint and attempted to eat the apples (with the paint) too! For washing, there was a huge basin, juz throw the todds in there and clean them in running water (cold, not hot water..haha!).

Mambob,
Yes, the paints are safe, non-toxic. Think my G tasted quite a bit of green paint..haha..that greedy boy.

Poochi,
glad it brightened up your day. My mum nearly fainted when she saw the pic..she was like, the class got aircon or not? He will catch a cold you know? how to wash him? what, use cold water??? Lucky I din bring her along to the class...haha.
 


k@ye: ya, the chinese barley got one smell.. I dont like that and moreover the barley cannot eat too.. not tasty at all. Throw it away everytime. If angmo barley, I sure finish up de. The EYS sales said the Angmo barley will cause Phlegm leh.. sigh.. dont know who to believe one leh. Mayb they want to earn my $$, and give me all the reason.?
 
Poissons,
yes yes.. he's such a cute boi. Cracks me up wen I see him in action in the blog - like he'll smile when he wipe the floor... ha ha ha! All grandparent same one la. Tink my hubby will enjoy letting her be messy - mua ha ha ha
 
Mambobb, my Mum also said Chinese barley better than angmo barley.

Ya, i think if my Mum saw Claire stripped to her diapers to do such painting... She will also nag abt catching a cold!
happy.gif


3.30pm ah... dun think i can bring Claire for this coming sat... Mabbe after CNY bah.
 
Grace,
my hubby also niaming abt G catching a cold..haha..asked me to quickly prepare his clothes and sweater while he cleans him up. I think hor, really needs extra pair of hands to help out at the class, 1 person alone quite difficult to manage.

This Sat is watermelon, dunno what they are going to do..haha..
 
poissons / grace - ya hor, i didn't think about the babies will catch a cold on sat during the painting session! Yes 1 person definitely difficult to manage during the class - i was having back ache and my poor hubby got to take ash through the whole session that day! Ok lets do kopi/ice-cream at 2pm this Sat
happy.gif

Remember to bring towel!

China Barley - I give Ash china barley twice a week cos my mum told me the ang moh type will cause phlegm. He likes it cos it tastes like water and he likes to drink water!
 
k@ye, MissA: Its actually 3pm - 4.30pm. =P

Mambobb: The paint they use at Playdays is nontoxic and water soluble so its no problem if baby accidentally eats it. (like Garreth. hehe) and can easily wash off the skin.

Poissons: Haha. Ya lor, I can't believe I managed by myself on Saturday but Ethan was quite cooperative. The water I used at the tap was quite warm leh. hehe. Next time, I must remember to bring Ethan's coat. And yes, I wonder what they will do for Watermelon. I must say, I was quite impressed by their creativity for Apple. haha.

ASHM: I can still remember Ashton all blue from the paint. haha. Cute la.
 
cindy: ahiyo.. i want also.. but really very far for me.. me stay tampines somemore.. if the class starts at 330pm this sat maybe still able to make it coz we can only drive our car aft 3pm niah.. OPC and HB not working.. sigh.. too bad. unless ask him to fetch me home.. ohohoh..

No one staying at the East joining the PDS right?
 
missA:: haha travis cry when cleaning up loh!! he don't want to be cleaned up! somemore he play until very dirty and want his dad to carry him but the dad refused until bo bian, carry so end up both father and son - sigh - dirty haha. oh yes missA, wanna ask you, how u upload video files from youtube to blogger ha? i don't know haha don't laugh at me.. but now uploading to youtube also got prob le. take VERY LONG!

mambbob:: sighs, the class is at 3pm le. ask him fetch you home la... u take train to clementi, i ask my hubby go pick u and cailyn?

michviv and mommies:: have uploaded some picts, if you want any, can just get directly, or tell me which ones u want, i can email u.
 
thks to cindy's pixs in her blog. saw thw fun that u mummies n babies had. looks like garreth n ethan endede up the dirtiest... ash n travis looked pretty clean... haha... hey so for playdate, it's a term of how many weeks? and price? need to scout ard for a place to put matt when i come back to spore to deliver. now scouting for a 1/2 day school to put matt in SH when he turns 18 mths? hv u gals started lookg ard? there is also JG and mothergoose in SH, but JG is relatively more expensive in SH. Not sure about mothergoose? Anyone heard comments on mothergoose?
 
Cindy: I saw ur pics on the Playdays on Facebook.. you really tempting me to go leh.. haha.. Saw some parents are wearing jeans when playing the paint.. Must be very inconvenient in it..
 
missA:: haha! DONE! thankssssssss!!! But the video take so long to upload to youtube de!! haha..

mambobb:: haha ya but still can do la. jeans most casual le ma. you think think ok? then quickly call up for trial class. hehe you go to travisten.blogspot.com can see one video on the singsong session that I uploaded, thanks missA! ahha, but the painting video, wah, keep telling me upload error. haha i try again tonight or something.
 
Cindy: thanks for taking the photos of Ethan for me. Silly me forgot to bring a camera. I was just focused on bringing him there and back. haha. All alone ma. But thank goodness, he was a good boy that day. =P

Tinkabel:Are you looking for a nursery school environment (looking at half a day or full day care) or more like a playgroup (couple of hours twice a week/weekend)? I'm thinking of starting Ethan on half day childcare when he is around 18 months. Have looked around and visited a few schools and most likely would be going to Little Skool House by the Vista. I've never heard of Mothergoose though. But when looking for the school, you should also consider your location in Singapore and schools near your place cos travelling back and forth is definitely a key consideration.
 
cindy,
wah... like the vid you uploaded!
happy.gif

shows how BIG my tummy is too! muaahahaha...

guess wat, my HB didn't know you pregnant leh - sure know how to hide your little trishelle hor... kekekeke...

mambobb/K@ye
join us for one of the sat lah, there's still 8 lessons to go bah
happy.gif
 
cindy,
i juz saw your clip on the sing song session..so funny, all the todds were all trying to break free from their parents..haha...and i was busy catching G back by his clothes..he likes to chiong to places and simply too fast for us to catch!
 
missA: vista is at ghim moh
happy.gif


michviv: can i check with you which centres you visited and why you decided on little skoolhouse?
happy.gif
i'm looking for somewhere for luke too and can't decide.. visited little skoolhouse year back but concentrateed more on the ifc then.. TIA
happy.gif
 
missA: Little Skool house by the Vista is at Ulu Pandan CC (at Ghim Moh), 3 floor. Quite near your place too I think. =) Met the principal to view the school twice and I think its a good place for Ethan to attend when he's old enough.

Colours are a little tricky as its a concept of what you are viewing and does not allow distinct recognition unlike objects. Just have to slowly repeat by pointing out when you see and test for understanding. At least from my point of view.
 
fusiastar: Key considerations were 1) quality of care and cleanliness(including teacher student ratios), 2) Curriculum (Montessori etc.), 3) Travelling time & accessibility, 4) Management (Principal and teachers), 5) Cost. (in no particular order of importance.)

I conducted mostly phone interviews with the schools I shortlisted, read online reviews, and from 9 schools, I shortlisted to 2 based on the criteria I above. In the end, I only visited Carpe Diem Kidz and Little Skool House by the Vista.
 
MissA,
that pair of shoes is so cute! Too bad too small size for my long feet gal gal.. At $43 its ok lah, cos i end up buyin an addidas shoe for ZY for around the same price, and that's after 20% disc. I headache buying shoes cos her feet is long and narrow, no meat kind.. if shoes too wide, will juz slip off easily.

Cindy,
it sure looks like a fun messing time for all the todds.. wish we were there too!
 
Grace: There are 2 Faith kindergartens. 1 is Faith Methodist Church Kindergarten (would prefer that its Catholic cos Ethan is Catholic and in any case, its from 3 years onwards only). The other is Faith Montessori which is around Mt Sinai (less accessible for my dad to pick up cos need to drive and I prefer the curriculum at Little Skool House since it is Literature based cos Ethan really loves books, he will learn more using that system.) Really depends on nature of child too but what I heard/read is that children who come from Montessori programmes often find it more difficult to learn when they go to Kindergarten and Primary school.) Do you have any plans to send Ashlyn to childcare or school soon?

Me & Hubby agreed that putting Ethan for half a day at school will benefit both him and his grandparents (considering his limitless energy!) haha.
 
michviv, any comments for Milk & Honey which is also near your place? agree with you, quite hard to teach her to differentiate colours.

lazykat, most shoes are too narrow for A. I have to squeeze her feet when wearing shoes, hv to ensure her little toe is not caught outside the shoe. the other day met a friend with the same feet shape as A, she told me hard to buy heels. Now I hope when A is older, the shape of her feet will change too!
 
michviv:: how bout cherie hearts group of childcare? I am thinking of enrolling T in there for 1/2 day when he turns 18mths too!

haha mommmies:: yea loh!! all of them just cannot sit still!! but they still young la haha!
happy.gif
hehe kittybride:: u sure ma!! haha!
 
kitty/cindy: me only can make it on the 24th Jan instead of coming sat. But hor, $45 is abit steep lah.. now co is not doing good and alot of adjustment too.. sigh.. cut cost cut cost.. need to take up part time job liao.. any mummies here got any lobang.. or maybe i shd do some spree and earn abit? haha
 
missA: I've not read any glowing reviews on Milk & Honey and by just eye-balling the outdoor facilities, I can't say I'm very impressed + they are not Catholic. haha. So they didn't even make my initial shortlist.

Cindy: For Cherie hearts, their curriculum sounds interesting so they did make it to my shortlist! haha. But sad to say, the nearest branch is a little too far for me at Harbourfront and its a little more pricey vs. Little Skool House.
 
Michviv,
my fren enrolled her gal to the Cherie Hearts @ Harbourfront, its really ex, if not for her company got some more subsidies..

I am also looking for a playgroup or half day childcare for ZY when she turns 18mths so she can learn more n to relieve the caregivers but it seems so hard to find a gd one at a reasonable price and nearby at the same time..
 
Re: Half day school
I went to Lutheran church at commonwealth drive when i was young, but not sure if they are still doing kindergarten. My friend was telling me there is a mothergoose in the east coast area and when I called the school up in SH, they tell me it is very close to Singapore curriculum and principal is also sporean. Ya i was thinkg of sending matt to school so that he can be more engaging. But I must train him to drop his morning nap cos he still naps 1 hr from 9 ish in the morning. Since I will be back in Singapore for delivery for at least 3 mths, I am thinkg of doing school for him, but I got a prob. During my confinement month, I cannot send him to school physically. Other than real half days, JG is also another of my option when back in Singapore.
 
mambobb, you got pay cut? times are really bad. can't earn $ fr spree haha, you can consider bulk purchase. I really wonder why pple do spree, it's such a hassle leh.

Kitty, I see u do a lot of spree, can share how to earn $?

My acct is 1 year old and I still can post directly to the overseas thread, email the moderator and no reply. How?
 
Playdays:
it's my (and Jovan's) first time attending such a class. and i must say time really flies when u r having fun. it was farnie how he fell down right in front of the teacher exactly at the count of 3 when she announced the arrival of "Little Red Riding Hood". Jovan din really dare to play with the paint. he's v timid. when we went to the zoo, he also din dare to touch the animal statutes. when we go shopping and see new soft toys, he also dun dare to touch. *pengz* we went off straight after the class too, coz we were afraid tat it might rain. HB din drive tat day. on the extra pair of hands to help out at the class, if u all notice, i am the only one accompanying (and carrying!) Jovan throughout the class. my HB only standing at 1 corner to take photos or give me black-face.

is there waterplay this week? do we need to bring swim diaper or swimwear for our toddlers?

grace,
yah i just got a helper right after xmas. it's nice cos i dun need to do housework anymore! the house is so clean and i get to eat home-cooked healthy food everyday. now i can finnally tidy my stuff & house to prepare for CNY. my house is in a HUGE mess ever since I gave birth to Jovan. Jovan also takes dinner at home now, no longer eating plain cereal at infantcare for dinner
happy.gif
he's still at infantcare so my household expense is quite big. HB still wans him to go infantcare coz we dun have a relative to monitor the helper if we leave Jovan with the helper at home. but i'm also worried tat the helper will go astray when she's alone at home. dilemma...
 
michviv,
can see you put in a lot of effort for E's pre-school needs! for me, only considered 1, 3 & 5 and hence, choices limited for me. my main aim is to get C used to the group environment - u saw her during the last PDS right, clinged on t us like koala and keep crying/screaming... so spoilt!! argh!!

mambobb,
yeah, times are bad and for my co, same thing lor... here cut cut, there cut cut... force leave during festive seasons, hiring freeze and no OT claims (we are mfg-based) and those mgrs n above, a lot of benefits oso kena cut (last mgmt very rich so everythg oso can, now change mgmt become very ngiao!)

i just keep fingers crossed my desk still around after confinement! ahahaha... heard they will not get a temp but ask another colig to take over me on half-day basis when i go on ML.

missA,
spree is tough to earn $$$ lor, i thk spent more time keeping tabs on orders/tabulating, etc... dats y dis year i intend to close mountain liao :D

last time stil can earn a bit from exchange difference and postage/handling, now is difficult liao. and babycenter also close shop oredi! ahahhaa...
worst is if you have to order via concierge service! got restrictions and for VPOST, still wana charge extra...bleah...

as for your acct, if can still post, then can start spree. no problem one
happy.gif
 
Kitty, C not spoilt lah...Its personality... Claire so frenly till sometimes i also buey tahan...

Plus she also not paiseh, she LOVES TO CHASE BOYS!!! Faints!
 
kitty: oh, you also from mfg firm arh.. me also leh.. haha.. ur situation is the same as mine.. so from next week onwards, u mummies wont be seeing me here for 2 weeks.. haha.. force leave lor.. every mth we are going to take 2wks force leave.. I heard during mar 1 full mth don need to work. which means 50% cut from our salary
sad.gif


so cannot earn from spree too lah.. sigh.. I don hv lobang for BP lah.. so I think I beta to start searching some parttime for paper admin job.. haha
 
michviv,
thanks for advising. i think it should be faith methodist church. i didnt realise its for 3 yrs and above. actually ash is at the infant care, will upgrade her to play group starting May. Yah, same school for the moment as i was thinking if i have number two, i have to put at infant care too. so 1 collection point is definately the best. i dont know how i am going to handle bringing 2 to school by myself when hubb is on shift. most prob have to take taxi there and home. currently i send her by taking bus.... taxi when it rains...the school is 4 stops away from home.

catherine,
yah, i dont mean to say anything but yr hubb face was pretty black the whole time. he didnt seem as friendly as the last time we saw you guys at the seafood place in dempsey. mayb one of the bad days lah. anyway, i am glad u got some help. actually i also tempted to get a maid but i dont have anyone at home to look at the maid loh...so i was not super comfortable. i have a part time cleaner who comes in weekly to help, thank god for that. otherwise i think my house will be super dusty and plus i have 2 dogs. so when jovan goes school, did u set a schedule of what u want the maid to do? better to set some strict ground rules. and mayb should install a camera....
 
Catherine,
Oh, so that helper is yours huh..i was wondering whose was that..haha. so your helper is alone at home while you and hubb at work? so she quite eng lor? And she cooks dinner? wow..not bad huh. how come ur hubb never drive on sat? sorry, i kaypoh ah...haha..

kitty,
should bring C out more often and mix her around with more kids, so that she won't be so shy. you can organise play dates with us to help C to zhuang zhuang dan..but juz a disclaimer, my G can be quite rough if play too hard.. :p
 
catherine:: no idea if got waterplay this wk.. hehe think most likely not bahs.
happy.gif
And no le.. hehe never see your hubby giving you black face!
happy.gif
U too sensitive lah heh.

mambobb:: haha ya loh if that's the case better change job le..

kitty:: I think it's the personality of chloe la. plus she is a girl so a little shy.. Travis also crybaby la. hope things will change sooon!

michviv:: thank you for the headsup on cherie hearts! haha I was thinking to send him to a place where they have branches - since now we staying with PILs and will move soon... so want to have some continuity.. hehe.
 
Poissons, Claire can shake hands with G liao... She also plays very rough! She loves to sit on our tummies and bounce up & down till we all really asked for mercy.

Grace, i also hv a part time cleaner coming on Sunday if not i think my house will be dusty and not to mention, even more arguments with my hubby!
 
missA: Haha. LSH is not related to any faith. I'm ok with neutral establishments or else if faith-based, best if its Catholic. Fees depend on type of care. I'll PM you ok? Oh, as for getting to post on the overseas sprees, the moderators of SG motherhood emailed me some time (1-2 months) after my 1 year anniversary and told me I can post liao. Try waiting for their email?

Tinkabel: JG is a good option but only forum and evans road so not that accessible leh. Where do you stay when you're back in SG?

Kitty: No choice leh. My hubby say I better read up on this cos he's leaving it totally in my hands and Ethan's grandparents are all well educated so I must justify why I'm sending him to which school etc. hehe. Chloe very cute la. Can tell she's really Daddy's girl. =) Think she will get used after more lessons. But I also agree with k@ye that alot has to do with their individual personalities.

Grace: Which school does Ashlyn go to now?

Catherine: Jovan is a guai boy la. Not like G & Ethan, so garang with the paint, end up got jungle camouflage on themselves.

Lazykat: Haha. I dun want to say about the $$ but another reason was the cost. hehe.

Cindy: Are you planning to put Travis in half day or full day?
 
Cindy: If you're going to move house to Duxton, can consider LSH cos they have a branch at SGH, its called LSH on the hill. haha. OR else, Carpe Diem is also a good chain I feel. I quite like their multiple intelligences approach.

Catherine: I asked Chel abt the waterplay and she said they will email us ahead of time if need be but they will try to schedule 1 waterplay session by week 3. So if not this coming week, then the week after.
 


michviv - wow you have done alot of homework for Ethan's pre-school
happy.gif
I guess i will only put Ash in pre-school when he is 2 years old....

Any idea if all these childcare ctrs / pre-schools offer bi-lingual lessons for the toddlers? How old should we put them to learn mandarin and english? After 2 years old? I was told children at their young age can really pick up language really fast.

Lazykat - Join us this Sat? And we can also have ice cream and kopi before the lesson.
happy.gif


Kittybride - Its ok for Chloe to behave like that - she is a girl after all, more shy. I agree with Poissons, bring her out more often and she should be ok. When i did an open house last Aug, Ash was also crying and so anti-social when he met the other Nov'07 babies. After putting him in gymboree and mix with other toddlers, he is much better now!
happy.gif
 

Back
Top