(2007/11) November MTBs

Sorry ladies, been really MIAing for a loooooong time. At first busy with Melbourne trip, then come back, busy with my husband's birthday celebration and million other things. I hope I get to see all of you this time round cos, I've not done so since I joined!!!

3 Oct 2008 - Regent Hotel High tea from 1pm to 6pm at $36+++

1. sharron+friend- 1pm
2. S@L (1pm)
3. skye skye
4. lazykat (1pm)
5. happy
6. plumsource 1pm
7. tinkabel
8. dokiesim 1pm
9. ueno+leroy (after 2pm)
10. gillian
11. Jaclyn+Joash (1pm) need high chair

Michviv, my boy hates water too. He'll spit it out even when I get some into his mouth. I let him drink diluted delrosa instead.
 


Okie ladies, here is the stroller mat i got from HK for HKD$55.

1744033.jpg
 
Langlao, tell u hor...

3 min hotness, once Ashlee realised different liao.. Will cry... That;s what happened to Claire at the infant care too!

Just be prepared!
 
lazykat,
went to check out Robinsons sale at Expo today cos wanted to go out & my mil wanted to check it out...it's the usual Expo sales, so unless you have particular to buy, i think it's worth going all the way there.

Michviv,
Eliza's ok with water, she'll just take sips here and there, more during & after mealtimes. so it's like 40ml a day? but after her sore throat episode, she could down like almost 180ml of water a day! but i play cheat, when she wakes up at night i'll get her to drink water, to soothe her throat, so she drinks a lot. she also drinks a lot when she wakes in the morning, and still drinks milk after that. hope this trend continues...
 
Hi, is there still NAN 3? I thought there's no more NAN 3... Hmm...

Also, regarding seperation anxiety. There are various stages the child goes through. Read this link for more info,
http://familyfun.go.com/parenting/child/skills/feature/FGP_separation/

I'm gg to M'sia tmr to visit my in laws. Just done with the packing, gonna turn in now.

S@l: I;m interested in taking the baking class, can u post the link again? I lost it.
Thanks in advance.

Water: Jave drinks water all the time. He still gets the heat rash. Today he got it on his neck. Think the weather has a huge role to play in this.

Ok, ladies, see ya on 3 Oct!
 
Event: Baby's Day Out
Date: 5 Oct Sun
Time: 9am - 1pm
Venue: HortPark
Admission: Free

1) Grace, Hubby and Ashlyn
2) Catherine, Hubby and Jovan
3) langlao, Hubby and Ash
4) tinkabel and Matt

As for the high tea, might be a bit late, cos last min got another lunch appt...

I checked out Giant this evening. Was actually intending to stock up Dumex Mamil Gold Step 3. 800g going for $23 (if got coupon, get $2 off). 1.6kg going for $44 (i tink). then 3 x 700g sachet going for $52.40.
 
THANk you So much kaye!!
happy.gif
hehehe....

just to sideline a bit hor.. ahha anyone spreeing for Maidenform bra must lemme know okays! I need some new braaaaas! haha..

tinkabel, welcome back! hope to be able to make it for the hort park thing. hehe!
 
Good morning poisson, the price for the diapers are all from the NTUC.

Kelly, how much you got for your pamper active? and where?
 
langlao3,
my HB's office v near there, so he always drop by to spot check. hehehe. Jovan is supposed to bath ard 9am, so we were abit unhappy tat he was bathed so late. but then again, must close one eye lah.
i agree with k@ye, tat's wat happened to Jovan too. first day play & bochap me. 2nd day cry buckets when i not in his sight. their separation anxiety is v bad now so it's normal, they'll be ok after a few days.
Jovan is going to have one new play buddy
happy.gif


kaye,
is the stroller mat good? can get one for me if possible? thanks!
 
Kelly,
if i am not wrong, the ones Carrrefour carry shld be of different packaging size. So if its $59.90 for 2 boxes (I assume each box is 2 packs of 44pcs), then it worked out to be abt the same as NTUC deal - at least for M size. But thanks for sharing the info!

K@ye,
appreciate yr efforts in organizing this spree, cant wait to see wat i've got and buy more if need be, kekeke.

Gillian,
for Nan series, there is normal Nan1, Nan2, Nan3, but now with the new ingredient, its called Nan Pro 3. Else, if its NanHA (hypoallergenic) series, only Nan1HA & Nan2HA. Its stated on Nan Pro 3 for 10 mths above, but i just being KS, so will continue ZY on Nan2HA until she is 1 yr old.

Skye,
no lah, cos i will be there for lunch, so thot of look see if anything to buy - since its the usual, then will not even bother to walk to the halls.
 
mummies,
i'm so zombie these few days. My boy has been waking up in the middle of the night, not crying or asking for milk, but sit up on his bed to babble, or yank himself and stood next to my bed to wake me (he sleeps on the mattress below my bed)...urrghh..usually gotta pat him back to sleep and by then i can't really sleep back cos' I'm pretty much a light sleeper. Does any of your bbs behave like that? What to do huh?
 
cat, when I reach thr ard 9+, Jovan was being pat to zzz. Perhaps why he din hv early bathe. Yeah hv to agree close 1 eye is best sometimes. btw can email me ur HP?
 
Poissons, Claire also like that. Like u i m also a light sleeper... But after a while, i just park myself besides her on the mattress and sleep. Once, she sensed someone besides her... She auto sleep... I also got tired patting her to sleep.
 
Poissons, K@ye,
think its just a phase, ZY was like that for a few wks, keep waking up at nite, standing in her cot, but i realise she needs help to get back to sleep, so resort to patting/sleeping with me on the big bed. Not a gd choice, but at least i can get some sleep. Now, we will pat but put her back to the cot and slowly she seems to be able to sleep thru again. That phase was like 2-3 wks?
 
Lazykat,
This morning i put him in my big bed with hubby, who knows he banged his head against the wall when he tried to sit up (cos my bed no headboard), so there's a big baluku in the middle of his forehead now. Kena scolded by my mum, nagged the whole morning before we left for work. Sigh...so heartpain. This wkend bring him go out, must apply concealer on the bruise liao :p
 
Kitty: Thanks for informing. I just postponed my order:p

Poissons: Go hide in toilet and zzz lah. kee kee...Else, endure...TGIF already.

Am keen in the Hort park event:

Event: Baby's Day Out
Date: 5 Oct Sun
Time: 9am - 1pm
Venue: HortPark
Admission: Free

1) Grace, Hubby and Ashlyn
2) Catherine, Hubby and Jovan
3) langlao, Hubby and Ash
4) tinkabel and Matt
5) Cactus, Hubby and Eagan
 
Didn't know so many babies are the same. My son most of the time will cried for milk in the middle of the night but there are times I was awoke by him making noise. I opened my eyes and saw him either sitting inside the cot or he already stand inside the cot looking at me.

Actually sometimes, I find it quite funny. But if he started to cried for milk...its really no joke man. Like tearing the house down!
 
Poissons,
if co-sleep, then hubby and me will hv to sandwich her. If only me, then i use pillows, blankets to "surround"/cushion her. Can prevent her knocking/rolling down bed to a certain extent. But still best to put back in cot.

Kittybride, mamobb, dreamer,
think my little ZY may finally teeth... MIL says she is feverish since last nite and poos more watery ones since yesterday.. mummies, are these the usual signs to look out for when teething?
 
poissons, travis has been behaving like this since like a long time ago lah. sian!! and he refuse to be carried and pat to bed by his dad. ALways must be me. i really hate it. USually i just take the easy way out by plonking him on our bed, usually it works. But if it doesn't it jsut tells us he's hungry. but the case where we make milk in the middle of the night is rare la.

so usually he zzz 9pm, 10plus will get up, 3plus, and 5plus before he really gets up at 7am. don't know if he's too active or what la. just sit up and play with everything around, and then stand up and look out of the cot, at us. the night before, he was playing with the poweder at the side of the bed and his face was ALL white!!
 
S@l, no mention leh...

On sleeping, Claire also kicks ard and stuff and also bang her head against the wall too.. Funny things they do...

Last evening drove crazy by Claire, on our way home from Bedok to Redhill, she was crying big time on the MRT... No amt of pacifiying will do... Wow, the moment out of the train, she smiled at me!
 
possions: cailyn also has been waking up in the middle of the night for weeks liao. Normally I will give her milk and sometimes she can sleep straight aft that. Sometimes she dont, she will sit up and do some clapping, or digging her head on the mattress. She is still sleeping with us.

Yesterday, aft I pat her to sleep, 10mins I fell asleep beside her, but she woke up without me knowing it and she fell from bed AGAIN!!!.. sob sob..
sad.gif
my DH was still doing his stuff in the living room.. sigh.. of coz she gave a loud cry again.. heart pain arh.. sob sob
 
Hi mambobb,

I have been to NTUC infant care @ tampines to take a look, their place is great and organized.
They have proper napping area with cots, proper and clean bathing and changing area.
Playing area also very spacious.
Overall very very nice compared to others.
But yet to see their childcare area, but I'm sure will be good too.
Hope it help.
 
For mummies that interested in buying huggies pull ups pants, I have this contact that sell @13.50 for the jumbo pack. L size has 36pcs.
I can PM you her hp if you interested.
But self collect at her place @ east side.
 
Re: Sleeping

Since Poissons and Cindy is on this topic. Jaydyn also behaves in similiar manner. She usually goes to sleep ard 10+pm, if not, 11+pm. Occasionally, she will suddenly wake up and sit on her bed, if not, stand up and look for me. Then will put her on our bed to sleep. Sometimes if she doesnt sleep after her last milk feed, will put her on our bed and let her crawl here and there, stand ard till she sleeps. But I will usually wake up in the middle of the night to put her back to her cot cos I usually wake up ard 6am or so to prepare her lunch,etc.

I'm just wondering how can I get her to learn to go to sleep by herself? Is it too demanding at this age? Cos If after drinking milk and she's still not asleep, I would hv to rock her to sleep. And she's not getting any lighter! I tried patting her to sleep in her cot, she turns and moves so much that it's impossible to pat her to sleep leh.How??
 
Those who are going to Hort Park. I have send in my registration. You may want to do the same. I replied to the following email:
m&[email protected]

Thank you for your email. Can you give me your full name and mobile number for registration purpose?

You can register your baby onsite for the Baby’s Crawling Contest. It’s free J

We look forward to seeing you at Baby's Day Out! J

Baby’s Day Out

Date: Sunday, 5 October 2008

Time: 9am to 1pm

Venue: HortPark ― The Gardening Hub

33 Hyderabad Road , off Alexandra Road

Find out more details in Mother & Baby October issue!
 
lazykat,
good for ZY, finally going to reach another milestone!
i pry open chloe's mouth each time i got the chance (she doesn't like it when i touch her chin or lips and will just stuck out her tongue to cover her gums!!) but so far, her gums are still very smooth and thin; dun think there's any chance of being swollen (spruting?) any time soon.

re: baby sleeping
my gal also one wrestler in bed; besides kicking or raising & slamming her legs on whoever/whatever is closest to her, she likes to turn side ways and hook her other leg on whoever/watever is there. then turn and toss back repeatedly till she finds her 'spot'.

she sleeps between 8.40pm ~ 915pm (depending if she has her PM nap); sometimes can just suckle her pacifier to sleep; but if she keeps turning & tossing, means she needs milk to make her 'drowzy'
happy.gif
usually i pat her for awhile or just hum a lullaby. she will also 'hum' along by doing those 'mmm mmm mmm... ' sound. :D

i'm a bit lucky now coz she is not so choosy as to who puts her to bed, previously it's only ME - so can be quite tiring sometimes. now at least i can take time off at nite and let hb take over!
happy.gif
 
hi everyone been mising out all the post cos office kinda banned this site! ha ha
So can only access it at home and usually n weekday nites & weekend so no chance to chit chat with u ladies.

The baby day out sounds fun! I've brought my gal a few times to hort & its nice. Hope to join you all but shy le cos dunno u ladies :p

Lazykat, u look familar saw u at ikea last week. Anyway read ur blog and ur friend grace fr same sec sch as me. ha ha
As for teething my gal has 1 cute lil tooth she had watery poo for abt 1 wk, later she had fever(moderate)for a few days. But these did not affect her eating or zz habits. But she was abit "man jah" for dat period.
 
langlao,
oic. so Jovan wasn't rocked to sleep lah. good we told them repeatedly not to rock Jovan. but we always rock Jovan to sleep. hahahaa! oh btw got a baby there who can rock himself to sleep when placed in the rocker. v cute & farnie! u've got PM!
i also registered for the event. i wan to get the goodie bag. hehehe

Jovan sleeps in his own room, so by the time i go over, he's already standing in his cot & crying buckets.

strangely, u all complaining tat ur babies dun sleep well, Jovan is the opposite. he has been sleeping much better now. for almost 2 weeks, he sleeps at 830pm with a bedtime milk feed of 280ml, then midnight feed of 240ml and he'll get up at ard 6am+. maybe because we adjusted his naptimes to ard 930am (ard 1hr) and 1pm (ard 1hr). we tell the teachers to let him take another 30min short nap after his 230pm milk if he nap less than 1.5hrs in total for both his morning & noon nap. sometimes he will nap in the car on the way from infantcare to home.

my HB said "if Jovan can sleep all the way till 7am+, even better." i told him not to be greedy! after 10 months of sleepless nights, i'm already v grateful tat i can get so many hrs of undisturbed sleep!
 
Langlao,
me also juz register, yet to see their reply. I also wanna register for the crawling contest juz for the fun of it, but where to register?

Kittybride,
tonite will go n pry open to see if got teeth beneath, prob wont see anything yet, but my MIL claims a bit hard..
 
i never been to Hort Park. will need help from mummies to suggest which part of Hort Park we should gather. shall we do a mega picnic there too?
 
catherine, I am not sure if the teacher rock Jovan or merely patting him cos he was in the rocker. I will observe for you next week when i am thr. If you have any "request" just let me know, I'll quietly check out for you
happy.gif
 
NTUC Childcare:
Here is what I got the reply from the Tampines Branch PRinciple:

The Current deposit is $525 (refundable upon 1 month’s notice) and Monthly fees $261.75, Registration fee is $53.50, Insurance is $5.35 (per year)

Hope the above helps.
 
K@ye, Yany & skye skye, thanks for the advice. I'm currently using Drapolene + QV Moisturizer for kids + hydrocortisone. I must say the rash has improved quite alot after I gave strict instructions to feed my boy water. He usually drinks like 10mls a day!!! Yesterday, managed to get him to drink 140mls. Hopefully it stays that way.

I've signed up for the event. Will come by after church in the morning so I don't think I can make it for the crawling event. Will try...=)

Event: Baby's Day Out
Date: 5 Oct Sun
Time: 9am - 1pm
Venue: HortPark
Admission: Free

1) Grace, Hubby and Ashlyn
2) Catherine, Hubby and Jovan
3) langlao, Hubby and Ash
4) tinkabel and Matt
5) Cactus, Hubby and Eagan
6) michviv, Hubby and Ethan

Re: Waking up in the night
My boy's sleeping schedule is rather erratic, sometimes he can sleep through the night for a couple of days then suddenly one night, he will wake up and stand up and "play" for 1-2 hours. So ridiculous...

Langlao: so baby Ashlee is now at Seedlings Montessori? Thats at Dawson Place right? How much do they charge for infant care? I'm thinking of putting my boy in Little Skool House by the Vista (at Ulu Pandan CC) when he turns 18 months. Another one I'm looking at is Bright Kids at Leng Kee CC. I'm going down next week to Little Skool house to take a look.

Re: Birthday plans
I'm trying to start planning for my boy's 1st birthday now. Any mummies know if there are any sprees ongoing for birthday express/direct. I want to get a 3D birthday candle leh. Does anyone know a shop that sells such stuff locally?
 
I met this mummy at JG n she has a Nov baby too. she will be joining us for the gathering.

3 Oct 2008 - Regent Hotel High tea from 1pm to 6pm at $36+++

1. sharron+friend- 1pm
2. S@L (1pm)
3. skye skye
4. lazykat (1pm)
5. happy
6. plumsource 1pm
7. tinkabel
8. dokiesim 1pm
9. ueno+leroy (after 2pm)
10. gillian
11. Jaclyn+Joash (1pm) need high chair
12. karen+kevin
 
I will try to make it for the outing too!

Event: Baby's Day Out
Date: 5 Oct Sun
Time: 9am - 1pm
Venue: HortPark
Admission: Free

1) Grace, Hubby and Ashlyn
2) Catherine, Hubby and Jovan
3) langlao, Hubby and Ash
4) tinkabel and Matt
5) Cactus, Hubby and Eagan
6) michviv, Hubby and Ethan
7) Poissons, Hubby and Garreth
 
Mummies,
Thanks for your feedback, so glad to know that I'm not alone, and hopefully it's really juz a passing phase. It's really tiring, been a long time since I had a good sleep since he's born..aye!
 
Hi mummies,

I am getting from Toyrus currently with buy 2 get 1 free.

LeapFrog Learning Friends Phonics Bus
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2266042

find it more worth while if we are taking same items only.
looking for another 2 person to share.
we will split cost equally for both shipping and the cost of item.

as for collection, i stay in Jln jurong kecil. i can pass the thg to u durng weekends in IMM, or u can self collect from my place.

PM me if interested
 
mummies, there is Loreal Sales at the Singapore Expo now..

Date: 25th Sep - 5th Oct
Time: 1030am - 1000pm
Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 5

Brands: LANCOME, BIOTHERM, SHU UEMURA, RALPH LAUREN, GIORGIO ARMANI, CACHAREL
 

Pumpkin Patch and G2000 Factory Outlet Sales

Date: 24th Sep - 19th Oct
Time: 12pm - 7pm daily except Mondays
Venue: Wing Tai Industrial Centre 105 Tampines Road S(535129)

Sales up to 70% off!!!
 

Back
Top