(2007/11) November MTBs

Thanks K@ye. Receiving the link...all the BBs so cute & adorable! Wish I was there too.

Anyone has this problem? I used to pat my son to sleep on his cot at night. Day time, he will still nag in the sarong. But recently, I couldn't pat him to sleep in his cot though I know he is tired already. Once I put him in his cot, he will flip and hold the side to get up and walk along the cot. Sigh….I really give up trying to make him sleep in the cot. Hence, I’ve been putting him in the sarong and carry him to his cot after he slept. Wonder how to solve this problem.
My son behaves the same way. Cannot snatch or take away anything he fancy, he will wail very loud. Have tears somemore. And when you are eating, he also wants a share.
Can jump and cry when in the walker and sometimes refuse to sit in the walker. Its like they will do what they want and not what you want them to so.
Kids these days really very smart.
 


weishy,

I'm interested in the Japan trip! Give me more details.

Gemini,

Wow your brownie recipe looks soo simple but the end product is impressive. I will attempt tomorrow then let you know.
What kind of flour do you use?
How about the topping on top? Is it just chocolate icing?
What size baking tray is the ingredient for?

sorry for all the questions, but you brownies really are the best I have tasted so far so I want to make them!
 
Gelyn, yup.. Kids these days are damned smart!

I just realised the only time, Claire is utterly silent is when she is given a biscuit to eat by herself!
 
weishy, for Playgroup, not necessary to be toilet trained.
my son was toilet trained when he started his N1 class. his teachers were good. they managed to train him within a week of entering N1 - considering he was nvr trained at hm before.

most of the playgroup starts at 18mth, my son only started when he turned 2. For mischa I hope to start her as soon as 18mth to build up her independence.
 
Wah K@ye, the photos good leh. So pro. Can take your family protrait at home liao. Heh heh

weishy, I went to your facebook, didn't see your Bali photo leh. Can email me? [email protected]

If thailand still so messy, maybe I will consider Bali at year end.

Re: show temper
My boy also will show temper nowadays when we don't let him get his way. sometimes he will grumble like as if scolding you like that. Cute little man.

Oh like to ask, this weekend I am going to stay at a hotel. First time bringing baby outside overnight. I seldom let him have outside food other than white rice mesh in the soup I made in thermal flask.

This time round, I am not bringing any cooker (cos only 1 night stay). For breakfast, I will bring my cereals then get one fruit from the buffet table and feed him.

I wonder what can I let him eat for lunch?? Any ideas?
 
plumsource

I use normal plain flour.

Oh yes, the topping on top.

melt the chocolate bits.
Boil the whipping cream then mix it with the chocolate.(use a 100g each)

As my oven is small, I divide the above by half.
I dun know what's the size of my tray leh, but i need to bake at least twice each time.
 
hey mummies,

Anyone interested or know someone who is interested?
I am selling my Beco Butterfly which I brought in the spree. I have never used it and realised it is my white elephant.

$170
1691586.jpg
 
sstarlight,

You can bring jarred baby food or baby cereal. I know pigeon does some instant baby porridge, saw it at Isetan Katong in Parkway.

You can heat up the baby food simply by standing in in boiled water.
 
K@ye:ya u havent really seen her in action yet much more active than claire!!!!!

Plumsource:me also havent got any details yet cso she just SMS to me to apply 4 next yr's leave,'so fast" ya my company asks us to apply 1 yr b4......must really plan in advance.will updte u soon
happy.gif
 
S@L:eek:ic....oki ki then not so worried.....i guess will send her when she's 2 too cso she's a nov bb(we all are hehheheh except claire la)

sstarlight:will post later la cos needd to load and this bali internet speed is hilariously slow and cant even login into msn /skpye!!!!

plumsource:aiya too late i bought mine at the BP too.......
 
Weishy, Ashlyn (Grace's baby) also Oct... HEhe

Just realised the carrier regardless of brand, when our babies reached a certain weight... Its killing!!!

Now, i got to train myself to piggyback Claire using my Pikkolo liao....
 
sstarlight, ya if its jus a short trip, then can give bottle food or jus plain cereal with jar puree vege. i guess 1-2 days withoug proper meal is ok.
 
mambobb, any idea BbC shipping ex or nt? cos i frightened by leapfrog shipping already. although still works out cheaper than buying locally.
 
Brightlings Exploration Station:
I also dont know how much is the shipping charges. I hv read thru all the sprees and the organiser claimed that it is abt $42++/item. So it would add up to $80. But have to specify in the shipping column to pack as small as possible.

this is one of the mummy quoted "when u use BDL concierge service, u add another item and under description, tell them to ask the merchant to pack into smallest possible package.
i did tt b4 for baby center and the merchant really did pack my items neatly into the smallest possible package and reduced my shipping fee with BDL (cos lesser volumetric weight)"


http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/1689285.html?1220585510
 
i use it almost weekly cos no time to cook in the morning on sundays. but i usually mix 3-4 big milk scoops of cereal with half a bottle of jar food. actually can have 1 jar for a meal. i luv the organic range from Vitakids...they have turkey dinner, sweet potato chicken, summer veg, pasta dinner etc. fruits for bfast is great too.
 
plumsource,
i juz got mine fr cozybabies a few days back! I am crossing my fingers it wont be a white elephant soon.. else will juz keep it for next bb

kittybride, mambobb
we seem to be the minority ones with bo-gay gals, mine going to be 10 mth old this sunday somemore..

On babies temperament and not sleeping thru the nite:
seems like i am not alone too.. hving to wake up to pat her back to sleep, and can never "snatch" things away fr her hand unless its a 1-for-1 exchange.. and anyone knows why are they so fascinated with handphones and house phones? I hope i wont get a call fr police soon..
 
Catherine,

HIhi~ Have been adjusting to my work life. Now more or less settled so back here to catch up with u mummies =)

U've got sharp eyes! Still can recognise me. Ya.. I went for the Yun Nam contest. Wanna win the vouchers for my hairloss prob.. now undergoing treatment lor.

Pig,
Kiros can really sleep well. Even if I put Chloe to bed at 11pm, she will cry at ard 2-3 am. I will then nurse her to sleep. Is Kiros on formula milk?

k@ye,
I agree with u on that comfort part - when Chloe cries, she will stretch out to me.

Seems like so far, not many mummies face the problem of baby waking up every 3-4h at nite.. so good..
 
Mambobb, oh isit? Next time if i buy from baby center, i will do that! Anyway, enough of buying stuff for Claire must save up $$ to visit my sis in london next yr!
 
Yvonne, u hairloss meh? cannot tell....

mischa does wake up 1-2 times per night, but usually goes bk to sleep aft latching a while..i m so used to it now...
sad.gif
 
Hi mummies! Super busy for the last two days! Brought Ashton to PD today to have his 2nd shot of prevania. He weighs 10.3kg and 77cm long...

Brightlings Exploration Station - I am keen to get this for Ashton. Mambobb, please let me know the total charge when you have gather enough order?

K@ye, Catherine - I have PM you....

You ladies have a good weekend. We are leaving for Langkawi early morning tomorrow and back on Mon night... speak soon!
happy.gif
 
k@ye when u going to london?hummm can be very cold and dry even for summer/spring period....and always raining
sad.gif
gloomy wweather la theere


sharron:have a great trip!!!be careful of mossies and loads of sunblock !
happy.gif

if going trekking long thick socks ,loads of leeches in the forest
happy.gif
 
Morning ladies!

I cant catch up with all the posts! Too many! Seems like u ladies had a great time during e most recent get-together. =)

Re: Baby Celebration
Now I'm at a loss wat to do leh. Wanna use my in law's plc but mil prefers not to cos she doesnt want e cleaning up,etc. hehe! Then clueless abt cakes and roughly how big to order. Usually quite ex hor. Anyone of u getting those balloon sculptures, face painting services?

Re: Temperaments
Jaydyn also behaves quite similarly to wat most of u hv described. She's expressing her emotions more than b4. Esp when she doesnt want something/ when she's angry when we take away something she likes, she will rise both her hands up and down. If she doesnt wanna eat, she will shake her head and use her hands to push away. At night, if she cant get to sleep, we'll put her on our bed and she loves it. She loves to lie down on my pillow. haha! & she will crawl all over the bed and even over us! haha! She also loves to flip her board books. Cant read fast enuf for her to flip though. hehe!

Re: Teething
My princess only has 1 tooth and e 2nd one is 'erupting'. Can I use the Baby First toothpaste? I mean only 1 obvious tooth. hehe!

Re: Baby Yogurt
For those of u who r still hunting for baby yougurt, I found them at the Junction 8 NTUC. =) But I still cant find baby pasta. Any1 can advise?

Re: Food
I'm wondering what new food u mummies intro to your babies. Can they take tomatoes now? Wat abt oranges? Strawberries?
 
cactus, S@L, Cat, Brushed ashlee's teeth this morn & she loves it. Hard to brush in circular motion as her teeth are still so tiny.

happy, k@ye mistaken your boy as ashlee and one of his pix got inserted with ashlee's. I wonder if you boy looks like girl or ashlee looks like boy, guess a bit of both
happy.gif


jay, long time to "see". you can buy organic alphabet pasta at AMK NTUC. I hv cooked tomato for ashlee. she loves cherries, plune, snow pear. Strawberries hv to wait till >1 yr i think.

Last night I brought ashlee to central mall's riverside to see lantern, then went to the fruit store at the basement. The fruit store has sample of fruits and ashlee has a buffet of fruits. she tried all the different prunes and the owner even let her try a japanese grape which he pluck from a bunch that cost abt $17! after she finish one slice, she'll cry for another pc haha.
 
Hi Yvonne,

Sleep well ah? no lei.. there are babies here whom can sleep w/o waking up for milk until say 7am one lei. me still thinking how to stretch from 11pm to 7am. but like very tam1 sim1 hor? hahaha...

yup yup. kiros been on full FM from 4 months onwards. each feed is like 210ml. i tried to add nestle rice cereal to his 11pm feed hoping that he can tahan longer. but he didnt quite like the taste.

if i remember correctly, he used to wake up for FM at like 2/3am and 6am. I think we managed to take away the 2/3am feed by giving him water instead of milk. but that would mean his FM will be at say 4/5am. Either the water method works or simply becos he prefers sleep to milk now.

Hi Jay,
for baby pasta, i remember seeing it at NTUC Fairprice and Cold Storage. But that was weeks ago. I think is bellamy organic one.
 
langlao: Glad Ashlee loves brushing her teeth. Continue to do it.

Btw, saw from yr blog that u bgt the mini home gym. Can share where u got it and hw much? Ashlee likes it? Aiya, coz E quite difficult to carry nowadays, then my MIL dare not put him down on the floor to crawl, always wanna carry him around. Can be very xiong. Thot of getting a playpen but quite wasteful & bulky if he stops using it months down the road. My store room has no more room for the playpen, so thot the gym u bght will be easier once inflated. TIA.
 
cactus, i got the gym from KP, selling abt $70 (est I cant rem the exact amt). Ashlee likes it initially, now she doesn't like to be in it for too long. I put her in it this morn and she only lasted 4 mins and I was within sight from her. Our ideal scenario was for her to play in it while we have sometime to do chores never happen
sad.gif
 
Langlao, u know y i inserted that pix wrongly coz Happy's Hanns & Ashlee has this interesting hair pattern on the forehead... But after looking carefully, hehehe... Salah liao!
happy.gif


My hubby says u can ask Yeo's to pay Ashlee ad fee for that pix of her holding on to the packet of Chrysanthemum tea!

Weishy, my sis told me to look for her in London during the Aug/Sep period.

Think all our babies now dun like to be confined to certain things too long. Claire dun like to sit in her stroller for too long, dun like to sit in baby chair for too long... The only thing that she will be kept diam diam is giving her snacks to eat! Another greedy pig!
 
catusnah:i use the playpen too but well also lasted for few minutes....then she wanted out.....today had to pigy back her using the beco...oki wor.....cos we cooking mah so aiya just piggy back her lor :p

K@ye:eek:ic.....its a good time le....not cold but can be very hot too.....prepare ur milk frmula ar....dun see any other brands except "cow and gate"
must buy their baby yogurt!!!!cheap and nice i guess( alittle sweet though) loads of bb stuffs at MOthercare but dun seem any cheaper compared to sin le....

Its good that claire likes to eat,hayley no le.....

Btw....period came......try again kekkekekke
 
Jaydynbb, i m thinking of renting the toys from Irin (she's my fren) for the kiddos during the party. now still contemplating whether the balloon sculpting is more worth it or nt.

But if only u are inviting many kids above 2-3 yr old for the party. otherwise the younger kids will nt appreciate or even participate in the activities.

U hv a maid right,? why u MIL disapprove?

as for cakes, u can ask the cake shop to estimate. So far i m expecting abt 40pax incld children, so the recommended is 2kg-2.5kg. there will be other food and desserts ard, so it depends on how u cut the cake...no need too big if there are many kids in ur guest list.

however some designs can only be done min 3kg and above. better start hunting now cos some 3D cakes needs 3-4 weeks preorder.
 
k@ye, you are right, our babies are hyperactive. We just came back from a three hr lunch and ahslee was actually sitting in the baby chair most time with 3 kinds of biscuits to entice her plus her lentil lunch.

weishy, there's no way I can piggy ride ashlee in the beco cos she will definitely pull my hair.

K@ye, did I tell u that choc a bloc cant do my 3D cake? have to source ard again
sad.gif
 
langlao3:hey how to cook the lentils ar?need to put anything else inside?soak lentls first then boil right?

when hayley's in the beco she's cool!!!quite hehehehhehe
 
S@L,

My hair loss started around tt time when we all talked about it.. then I felt it dropped too much, got too worried so decided to go for treatment b4 I develop 'opening gallery' @ the top.

RE. Mischa waking up - u r still bf her, right? So does that mean as long as I continue to bf her, she may continue this 'pattern' of wanting to suckle for comfort in the middle of the nite?

mambobb,
Re.Brightlings Exploration Station - Can u share a bit more on its function? really uptight with time to check it out..

langlao,
Yr hp can take pretty good pic leh! Lovely!
 
Hi mummies, been really busy busy and busy... always read but no post. Catherine and Cindy, I didnt try to ask the lady to help in the end cos i am too busy. I might still do it when I have time.

Any mummies interested to get toxic free crayons and paints for ur little ones?
I am interested to get the some stuff from Crayola.
If interested, I can start a thread.
Let me know.
Check this site: http://www.crayola.com/products/list.cfm?categories=BEGINNINGS

Hope I can join in for the tea session, but cant be sure now. Cos I'm changing job end Sep.If I can make it at the 11th hr, can I go?
 
hi mummies, i'm back from Gold Coast!
Been an enjoyable week away, although tiring at the same time too... missed Bevis a lot!
My elder girl fell sick towards the end of the trip and the last 2 night of our trip was spent trying to sponge her down!

Lotsa posts to read, been speed reading... hehe
Looks like u ladies and babies had a great time last sunday, too bad i missed it... er... i think i read that someone sharing the photos right? is it K@ye? hehe, i kaypoh, can share the photos with me? keep seeing that someone's hb photography skills very good, wanna kpo :p

sigh... this week another hectic week, flying up to Penang tomorrow afternoon and will be there the whole week... sianz... work work work!

lazykat, how's life being a SAHM?
S@L, were u successful with ur MMF? Must give me some tips if you are successful, ok?
yany, hehe, i also look at the cupcake thread leh! been baking doughnuts and cream custard puffs since i started reading the thread 1 mth back...
 
weishy, when i 1st cook lentil, I wash and blend before cooking. However due to the wetness, after blending the lentils become lumpy. Ueno shared that she cook and blend so now I follow her method. I'll just wash and cook, no soaking. I double boil in the slow cooker using chicken stock and veg (pumpkin, sweet potato, french beans etc). This weekend I put in chicken breast cube as well and blend to puree form after cooking. Its quite tasty & to me tasted like chick pea.

yvonne, my hp already 2 yrs old, it's takes quite old night shots with the tiny flash light
happy.gif
However it is also ashlee's fav "toy", she puts into her mouth and the saliva spoilt the charging connection. Hiaz hv to buy a new phone soon
sad.gif



Can someone share the cupcake thread?
 
Plim, wow, didnt know u were away//so nice kept going holiday but poor Bevis each time u choose to leave her here....kekeke...

oh for the MMF,kinda succeeded..but got some problem kneading the col in! Guess what? i m going for my fondant class in 2 weeks time! Yippee!


langlao here goes:http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449169/1034152.html?1220797850

some mummies can bake very well there...maybe if u all looking for unique 3D cakes, can contact the mummies there! I hope to bake one myself soon!

Mummies, any Hello Kitty Fans here?
 
langlao,
oh, so the lentils u serve to ashlee is puree form? i've also got some lentils, dunno wat to do with them! Thanks for sharing!

S@L,
ya, was away lor... haha... no courage to bring 2 young kids on holiday... will wait till Bevis can walk and talk then easier to manage bah...

wa, where u going for ur fondant class???
 


Plim, give me ur email address and i send u the link!
happy.gif


Langlao, what 3D cake design u getting for Ashlee?

Weishy, nevermind... jiayou!!!
happy.gif
 

Back
Top