(2007/11) November MTBs

Hi plumsource - Yes tea at Rose Veranda sounds good and we can have the second seating from 3pm - 6pm (if I am not wrong).

Maybe we can do mahjong session at my place next time...but will get my hubby to play instead cos i do not know how to play at all ; )

I suppose Toy Rental Club is out since its not so inviting. Gogo Bambini is small and can get very crowded on weekends. Fidgets is not bad as their place is twice or even 3 times of gogo bambini. Another option is to do it in a club house - maybe at mine? But thats a multi purpose hall and you can book the place from 2pm to 6pm for $50.....
 


Lets do a coffee/tea session in October and we can also finalise on the birthday bash party for the little ones.... how about that? Lets meet say on Oct 3 or 17 (Friday) if not Oct 4 or 18? (Sat)
 
I went to Gogo Bambini at Dempsey, i find it quite small too.
happy.gif


Sharron, pay a bit of school fees to learn how to play mahjong! :p
 
Hee hee....dont know why no interest le.... my mum plays mahjong everyday and there is once she asked me to sit beside her and watch how they play...i left the room in 5mins because i find it boring. But i guess its a good mental game and also a good past time activity....
happy.gif
 
hehe...high tea!! count me in!

Mega bash;

Can also do club house at my condo with bbq pit also cost $50, so at least we have a choice.

But there won't be much activities for the little ones, either confined to the crawling in the club house (there is a playroom, with playhouse and slide) or swimming in the pool.

Sharron,

I like mahjong, but I don't like the gambling aspect. Ok for just a friendly game but I hate it when it gets serious....maybe cos I'm a sore loser....hehe
Like durians, you either love it or hate it.
 
Plumsource, i know what u mean.. Seen those aunties (my Mum's frens) playing and sore abt losing even though they played very very small... These totally turned me off! Sad to say, my parents are mahjong players but i dunno how to play!
 
Hi mummies,

I need some advise here. My son going to 10 mths soon been waking up in the middle of the night and I have to feed him milk so that he will sleep again. Some mummies told me it a passing phase and they will go back to their usual sleeping pattern ( sleep thru the nite) but it been a mth plus and I worry that he take it as a routine already to wake up for feed.

Anybody have the same situation? How to change it back?
 
HI Midnight,

Now my girl also wakes up once for night feed even tho she used to sleep thru the night. I am not so worry on the routine coz she is a small size bb, i would prefer she takes in more milk.. usually she donesnt finish the milk in daytime.

Does ur bb really cry for milk? Or can u coax him back to sleep by singing or patting?
 
catusnah:dun envy cos hayley's too active la......girls ought to be girls mah.....tooo tomboyish already she.....

har tea and hig tea....too bad cant join
sad.gif
...
maybe if in oct hehheheh i can swap for flts back hehhehehhe
 
Weishy, active is good even though sometimes can be quite an irritant.....

Claire can shake hands with Hayley for being tomboyish! She open her legs wide wide when sleeping in the sarong!
 
3 or 4 oct sounds good! I will be back in Singapore. haha... Just imagining the sight of our babies together again. Was telling grace, the last time we met up in Jan, all the babies were lying down on mattresses, now so fast, they are crawling and disturbing one another. Some even going to walk soon... Time flies...
 
Hi mambobb,

Ya. My bb really cry for milk. I try giving him water instead of milk. He will sleep, 5 mins later cry again. I gave him pacifer, he also dun wan. Will only want milk & will gulp down very fast & sleep again.

Generally, my boy is consider big size. His daytime milk intake is alright. I wonder how long this sleeping pattern will last....
 
I cannot remember but was there someone here organising BP on balloons?

Midnight,
I think your boy could be going through a growth spurt. My DD is the same but waking up to 3 times!
proud.gif
 
yany, for those 3D cake, the texture of the cake has to be hard like brownie? I prefer soft cake but my hubbby say 3D cake only fruit cake or brownie.
 
Langlao,
Yes, usually 3D cake needs to be a little hard to hold its shape. However, this lady made a chocolate cake (dense) but taste good. The coating is marsmallow fondant and kids love that as its sweet and a little chewy! All made on the same day!
happy.gif


I used to buy 2 different size of chocolate cake from Lanas and stack them to make a big cake!
happy.gif
 
I made some oatmeal and raisin cookies for my kids teacher's day celebration.

Usually these cookies will disappear from the plate as soon as you put it on the table. I had to make 40 cookies to gift wrap for the teachers.
I usually bake cookies, cakes and pies, but this is the first time I've posted on the net...thanks to Yany who has opened another gateway for sharing.

1681388.jpg


1681389.jpg
 
Yany, so that mini cooper belongs to Dylan! I saw that in the other forum the other day...me also trying to make fondant...so far failed 2x but finally got my MM fondant right! hehhee...

if all fails, will prob be jus a cake with buttercream icing with my favourite theme!if i succeed, mummies can start placing orders soon ! *LOL


langlao, tats sweet
happy.gif
so its a one-pc tutu with top? i m looking for tights for Mischa's Tutu..
 
langlao, not true, 3D cake also comes in normal sponge cake....what is ur theme for DD's bday? Cos some bakery they hv copyright for certain characters
 
Plumsource,
THe cookies looks store bought! Care to share the receipe? lol

S@L,
You frequent the cupcake thread too huh? Its made by the lady called Pink. Cake is nice and she is getting very creative with her fondant work!

For me... been too lazy to bake. It comes in spurts. Sometimes, I can bake and bake, then lost interest!! lol.
Perhaps.... I will do something afternoon
happy.gif
 
weishy, i'm sure u hv no prob getting the bd outfit since u fly all over. thanks to u i also lug back 4 boxes of similac
happy.gif


S@L, the tutu is actually a romper with the frill sewn on. I also bought similar tights (pink & white) to go with it. My theme is Fun at One, already bought the party supply. Have you decided on the theme?
 
Langlao, the tutu is so pretty! I m sure Ashlee will look good in it... See all the babies yesterday, then see Claire... My hubby commented to her,"U need to eat more!"

Btw, my hubby has edited the pix. He has two versions - email and the real size... So how u ladies want me to send the pix?
 
ladies, I'm back. The trip to Hanoi was ok... I cant say its relaxing, but it sure was an experience.
I am very upset with my mum, dad and sister. My baby ran a fever from Friday till now and my mum keeps insisting that its due to teething... i am so upset... so upset, i dunno what to say now... I'm bringing him to the doc tmr.. and I still got to go back to work in the morning cos I've been away.. I am feeling so so terrible.. so angry but say anything also futile..
 
hi Gillian - Ashton had fever one Tuesday and shot up to 39 degree and the fever lasted till Sat because he had fake measles. So its good to bring him to the doc tomorrow and check thoroughly. Dont feel terrible - if his fever is high now you may want to bring him to NUH as they have Children's A&E. I know we all will be so worried whenever they have fever - and just follow your instinct and do what you think its appropriate. Sometimes our mother's advise or thinking dont work anymore in this era.....
wink.gif
 
langlao3:kekekkek i always lag so many things back....nowadays its organic veggies...semolina etc kkekeekke even sea salt hhoohohoh
 
Weishy, sea salt? Tell u, my hubby champion.. Go lug back sea salt from this Organic shop in Central, HK..

Then came back SG, realised the sea salt is cheaper. Tell u all hor, things from AU & NZ will be definitely cheaper in SG than the rest of the world coz most AU & NZ imports will tranship in SG first before going to other countries!!
 
yany, yes recently i m into baking..all becos of Mischa's bday cake! care to share how much i paid for the cake?

i managed to get 2 quotes for Mischa's dream cake, but they were fully booked for the date i need the cake...hiaz....jus hoping i can make it so that i dun need to search high and low for a baker.

langlao, yes long ago decided on the theme! hehehee
 
Yany, got ur email... Send me ur BIG order lah...

Langlao, Claire will also have difficult in getting shoes. She inherited big feet from me and her toes are too tidy liao... Now, i just pray that she is not flat footed like me.
 
Aww, my hubby just told me that one pix are at least 7mbs big... He told me can use it to print A4 size photos! Faints....
 
Haha... I tot of a way liao....

I will upload all the pix except Claire's one to Picassa and u ladies go there & download. I will only make this folder shared by invitation only! hehehe!
happy.gif


Now loading the pix online...
 
Langlao, we re thinking of ordering Claire's cake from Choc-a-bloc!

We went to taste Room for dessert's cake but it was no good as their chocolate cake not moist enough. My sis who is an avid baker slammed the cake for that!

At first, i wanted to get a 3D cake but the price super expensive... So, i tot might at well get a tasty cake... Our last resort is those neighbourhood cake shop near my Mum's pl. They re not cheap either, it costs at least $30 per kg.
 
hi sharron & mummies,

hardly got any time to come to the computer or do anything, worse than working, this new job is 24 hours, left my boy screaming in his cot now to type a thank you note to sharron and all the mummies.

It was really fun to see all the cute and lovely babies, my bb had fun too, he was in a very good mood the whole day, kept smiling :)

this week is terrible, got oversea visitors for my brother wedding, and busy with my bb, doubt i will have time to come to the thread, so talk to you gals again later :p
 
kaye,

must really say a big thank you to your hubby for us, me always rushing with my bb to everywhere and forgot to pack camera to bring along but thanks to your hubby :)
 
plumsource,

wow, no wonder you said you got lots of things to do, me only face my bb, catch hold of him so that he will not fall, crawl along with him, that's all, run out of things to do with him already. cannot leave him alone when he is awake to do any other things at all and my maid seems to have endless things to do all day, she will only help me to attend to my boy when it is his scheduled meals time, next week when my brother wedding over, visitors gone, i will stick to her and see exactly what she is doing that she needs to take all day.

so you see, i cannot do any baking at all and if i do, the maid needs to do up the washing right and that will take her donkey years again and i am left to look after my boy longer time again, sound so tiring to me, i think i better forget it, better to bring my boy out to gymboree and let him crawl around and i can then stare in the space and let my stressed mind goes empty and relax abit :)
 
Good morning mummies - do you know of any studio that takes good family/individual shots and the $$ is reasonable? Am thinking of doing one such photo album for Ashton's coming one year old birthday. The only one that i know is at the basement of Forum..... which is rather expensive. Thanks! Sharron
 
sharron, The Patissier quoted us $676 for the 3D cake we want! Does Pine Gardens make 3D cakes?

k@ye, any idea what is the price range for Choc-a-bloc?
 



Back
Top