(2007/11) November MTBs

k@ye,
my gal still drink around 140ml every 3 hrs leh... sometimes if she oversleep, will then be 4hrs, otherwise every 2+ or 3 need to feed her liao... only these few days she seems not to be very interested in her milk, drinking lesser, ard 125ml every 3hrs niah... seems quite difficult to stretch her leh... give more also dun wan to drink... stretch longer time, she starts to fidget and wail liao...
 


poochi,

thx for ur guide, have taken note of it.
m going to get some china barley & fatty water (fei chai sui) later n dis evening will give some to my gal... hope to hear good news of her pooing at the nanny's today when HB go fetch her later... so kelian my gal...

shane,
ya i know, the milk put more than 1hr not good for baby liao, will 'jeep hong'... i used to keep it warm in the warmer till she wana feed again but now; dispose of the balance; really sayang coz so wasted but bo pian lor.
 
poochi, can i ask how u make the barley water? how much barley to how much water? guess cannot use "adult type" of proportion rite?

thanks much.
 
kittybride,
I think u need train bb to finish at one shot. Else dun feed. May waste a bit at the start, but think it's better in the long run.
 
Catherine,

I was kinda in the same situation as you. Bad superior, no one i trust to take care of bb.

So I jumped into being a SAHM. It's actually a lot more demanding than I imagined. I got to cut down on shopping (almost impossible), manage all the bb caring duties and also got to put up with hubby sometimes, when I'm tired and ask him to take over, and he's tired from working like 14 hours and wanna sleep.

Hubby is supportive of me staying at home, and has taken up extra work to earn more money, so he's usually super tired when he comes home. he plays with bb a bit then wanna sleep, and i always hope for him to help me take care while i pump in peace. This is the usual conflict lor.

But otherwise, I'm happy lah. Most impt must see if it suits you. I do sometimes wish i'm working tho, to take a break from bb. So it's a matter of preference.

And err... not having your own money to spend is really a tough situation. =)
 
Bumper mat:
dear mummies, may i know is the bumper worth the price of over $100? I want to get one for my girl but the price seem like too steep for me to go and purchase from the BP. any recommendations huh?
 
Hi Mummies,

re: Milk intake

I am giving kiros like 190ml-200ml each feed. he can manage almost all the last time. But lately, he is beginning to leave like 40-60ml.. i also dont bother to force it down liao. I realised that each day he will be drinking like 5-6 times. wonder if its enough consider he isnt on solids yet.

re: allowance from hubby

I am a SAHM. Before i gave birth, i wasnt working for 1 year. during that 1 year, i didnt ask for allowance from my hubby. But effective nov07, i began asking for allowance from my hubby. my allowance is MY ALLOWANCE. Shopping at NTUC fairprice, milk powder, utilities, car, shampoo, maid and her expenses etc are borne separately by my hubby.

My allowance is MINE AND MINE ALONE meant for my insurances and my contribution to my parents. My own savings. Its a fixed sum from his account every month. I transfer the money via internet banking by myself. I didn't want to be in a situation that i have to open my mouth every month and ask for the money. It will end up looking like i am ALWAYS asking for money. I didnt want to take from our joint account as and when reason being i dont want him to question where i spend the money. So we decided on a fix sum and that is mine.

Perhaps different couples practiced differently. some would prefer to have a joint account and use money from there when necessary. Some prefer to ask for a fixed lump sum each year for the whole year.

I prefer to hve monthly allowance vs lump sum per annum. Eg, say he gives me $1k per month. if i chose to take $12k from him it will sound a lot right? then he will always be tinking, i thot i have just given you $12k? So i rather stick to $1k.. and he better dont question how i spend tat money.. hee hee, i very bad hor? But bo bian la, me SAHM, I am thinking this is one way i can protect myself.
 
Hi Mambobb,

i bought 2 of the bumper mats from the BP. 1 big and 1 small. Ok, the mats are heavy, can be difficult to keep. But if you intend to leave it at a place without keeping and really intend to hve a corner for your kid(s), then i think it can be worth it to buy. Its coolling and not warm after seated for too long. You can wipe it also.
 
catherine,
You need a nanny night time only or both day & night? My colleague's nanny stays at Q'town, I can help ask her. Do u mind if nanny is looking after ano baby?
 
dreamer: usually will put 1 tablespoon of barley with "agar agar" 60ml water. Than jus bring it to boil and switch off. Use the water only.

No need to cook like adult's barley. : )
 
shane,
heh i'm PTWM, changed to 3-day week aft my maternity leave. but PT or FT, hb & my financial arrangement still the same, actually quite messy. if i dun have enough in the chequing bank (it's usually the credit card bills, i handle 1/2 of them), i ask him to transf some more. go out whoever got cash pay, so we don't care...my $$ oso his $$, his $$ oso my $$...tho he earn more now la..so i can get frm him if not enough, esp now i earn 3/5 of my pay.

mother's day celebrate both sides...haven't arrange yet...argh..

tinkabel,
hehehe....Beco nice.........really! investment u won't regret...gosh they should pay me for promoting their product. hoho. aiya..but then i'm trying to sell my prev carrier :S bought at $149..geeez.

re: potty training
i read somewhere that toddlers will be ready for potty training when they can start to hold their bladder, ie diapers dry thru the night and other things, i can't remem le..but i think it's abt 2yrs old. so i dun think our babies can potty train yet. i predit Eliza's poop time, somewhat..morning sure poop aft milktime, so i make sure she poop in e mornin b4 bathtime. mid-day and late afternoon. gee..she poop a lot leh.
 
langlao, i replied ur email.

re: bumper mat,
i agree with pig07, if u have space for the mat, and can lay it then without hving to keep and open up everytime, then its worth buying. cos for me i hv limited space at hm, hence evrytime hv to fold bk and keep. now become some sort of white elephant...hiaz......
 
LIn pei yan:hi hi my girl was born on 22/11 le

kittybride:abt the left over milk......for my girl's case,she oni drinks cold milk(warm also dun wan,funny right but its her)
sometimes 3 hours later still continue her milk(hehehhehe formula la)
For me i mix goat and jpn cow's milk with barley for her everyday ,every meal now.she drinks 120 ~ 140ml of barley on top of that in the day and swap to water in the night
 
Hi Weishy,

After hearing from you the last time, we boil barley water for my son. he seemed to like it very much maybe cos its sweet. I didnt mix it into his milk. He just drink from bottle. i give like 80ml each time for 3 times a day. So far i have given to him on 2 occasions.

btw, anyone heard that there are 2 types of barley? What one is ang mo barley, one is chinese barley. One is suppose to be cooling and the other heaty.
 
Hi Kittybride,

perhaps the nanny may be telling some truth abt your gal managing to finish the milk every 3 hourly. cos hor, i realised during daytime, kiros will not finish his milk even though i can stretch him for like 4 hours. but comes evening, perhaps he is hungry liao for not drinking enough the whole day, he will be able to finish whole bottle of Formula milk and next feed will be like 2-2.5hour later.

but again la, over weekend you are with your gal whole day.. surely you know best if the nanny's words accurate boh esp when you are there to witness all the feeds.

sigh, very cham one sometimes. when you let someone help to take care, also cant say more. then also dont know they got follow yoru instructions boh. sometimes say too much they buay song.. or they can say ok ok but dont follow.
 
plim
I thot EBM can still keep if can't finish. sometimes Ethan can't finish EBM, I will just keep in the fridge for next feed. I read somewhere in the article that BM has the immune properties and will not easily turn bad if we keep the left over in the fridge, but of course try to consume the same day. But if he can't finish FM, then I will throw liao ...I used to force milk down Ethan's throat whenever he didn't want drink, but hor according to my PD, she said that bbs know when they are hungry and when they are not. When they are hungry, they cry, but when they are not no matter how you force them, they won't drink also...their system is that small and they know how much they should intake...so now when Ethan si si doesn't drink, then I will just wait if it's still within that 1 hour, and try again. If he still doesn't drink then have to toss away liao after 1 hour. Maybe you have to be heng xin for a few times to take away your girl's food if she eat and then play, and then come back again to eat ...but like you say, if she goes play and never come back to eat, then check with her if it's within that 1 hour...if she doesn't want I guess she is full liao maybe ...it will be very xiong for you next time if you need to keep chasing and asking her to eat .....

kittybride
agree with tinklebel, must train to finish milk at one shot, otherwise it will become a habit, and it will bring with them into their toddlers' years and they will just eat and play and come back and eat again ...be firm with them or they will be manipulating us ....
 
pig07
same here ...now Ethan is taking 180ml for 5 feeds and I also realize his intake kind of flactuate already...sometime less sometime more ...like yesterday night, his last feed was like 240ml and still suck my breast milk some more .... my hb said just let him be, they have their mood too like us ..sometimes we feel like eating more and sometimes we don't feel like eating ....same to the bbs ...so now I let him be already but still try to give the remaining milk within that 1 hour...if he really doesn't want then he has to wait for his next feed liao ...same here same here ...my hb gives me a fixed sum every month, and sometimes he forgets and I have to remind him, but like what you said, don't like to keep "begging" for his money like that ...so he will give me allowance on the 1st of every month ...I don't have internet banking where I can do transfer like you ...so hoping that he will remember lor, which he always does ...lucky ..heee... ya ya ....It's also my allowance and mine only ...grocery, bbs stuff, dining out, and also my daily stuff like clothings and cosmetics etc...he pays for everything ....I never get to spend the allowance he gives me, so I keep in the fixed deposits to earn interest ...heeee.....he never complains when I use his money (not the allowance he gives me) cos'it's his decision to make me a SAHM... ya...you're right we got to protect ourselves with the money our hb give us ...when I was working, I also ask him to give me allowance ...my mum taught me that we women have to try get our husband give us some allowance even when we are working ..of course don't ask too much lah ....it's to protect ourselves ...must keep some "si fang qian" ....

S@L
at least you have your own hobby like making crafts ....like you said lor, must find back sanity by doing something ...when Ethan sleeps, I try to find my sanity by organizing and creating his photo albums ...I realize that we have been taking his pictures and all photos are in the flash drives ... I am a visual person and I prefer old style by looking at pictures in the albums ..and also choose the best one to print ....so now very busy with printing my pregnant belly photos, and his photos and put into albums for keepsake ...actually it is very stressful when I have to face him 24/7 without knowing what to do to keep him occupied. Once I know what to do to keep him occupied, I find it very challenging and not that stressful liao ... ya agree with some that being SAHM is not for all ....it's a preference thingy ...
 
ueno .. i thinking of getting baby cubes.... but i juz bot one ice-cube tray with cover and it costs only $5 ... the baby cubes like quite ex.

do u have them? do u find them useful and worth its $$? or any other mummies have any thots on this?

thanks much.
 
dreamer,
i've the 1oz ones from them. didnt know they have the 2oz ones hiaz.. i have 20 of those 1oz cubes hehe.. i like them cos they r non-toxic. i put the cubes in a ziplock n keep them in the freezer.
 
thanks ueno. u mean 1 oz size not big enuff? hmmm ... i was thinking of getting 1 tray of 1 oz and 1 tray of 2 oz... still thinking thinking ....

errr.... convince me leh ....quick quick .... heehee
 
dreamer,
my boy is eating 2 cubes of veg during the day n 1 cube of veg n 1 cube of fruit in the evening. but very soon i will be increasing the amt cos he's still hungry. think 1 tray of 1 oz and 1 tray of 2 oz is ideal.
 
Ladies, I got 1 can of Heinz Baby food - Pureed Pumpkin, Potato & Beef to give away. If u all want, please PM me hor... Collection point is at Tg Pagar! My Mum & Sis scolded me for buying the beef baby food for Claire coz my hubby & i kena rashes when we eat beef... So, the same will go for Claire! That's y i m giving it away!
 
Pig, ShaneDiao: Ya, I agree. Must get allowance and allowance is just for yourself to spend on your own things. Afterall, you are not working hence its fair that hubby have to pay for the misc stuffs like milk, eating out etc. If one day, I change my mind…I better lay down the conditions first. Wahaha…

ShaneDiao: During weekend when I am taking care of my son, I also run out of idea to keep him occupied. And their attention on toys or things are short so you have to keep coming out with new idea to entertain them. Thus, I can’t imagine I have to face them 24/7 as a SAHM! But I salute mum that can be SAHM cos its can be quite fulfilling to see their every single process. Its really an achievement! :)
 
My Mum is giving Claire a bowl of porridge every day. She cooked the porridge with pork & carrots in the slow cooker!

Skye², usually breastfeed babies poop more than FM babies. In my case, Claire usually poop in the morning after her water parade!

Dreamer, u so funny! Just buy the cubes lah!
happy.gif
 
dreamer: haha.. it seem like both of us are targetting the same item again.. me also still considering want to get one for my girl coz the price is a bit ex.. but it seem like quite convenience to use... but hor.. i think again, do i have time to make puree anot.. haha..
 
babycubes,

I've always froze my baby puree in the past. But I've just used normal ice cube trays. Once frozen you can transfer your cubed puree to a zip lock bag and use as and when required. I usually defrost them by plopping them in a cup which I have sterilised and sit it in a pan of hot water slowly allowing the puree to heat up to the desired temperature. The baby cube in the BP is quite expensive although they are very nice. But I think most mommies can find alternatives, you don't have to use what they sell and you can be innovative and use what you already have. Another good container is the BM storage bottles which most of us already have.

BTW, Anyone here by the msm name of 'Poh Fung'? I have a request on my msm by someone by this name but I don't know who it is...pls reveal yourself
happy.gif


Also notice a lot of spam via msm lately, so do watch out everyone, it could be a virus.
 
dreamer, I bought the trays at $2 nia!!! kekekeke...

i find that they are ok, i dunno but i wont spend so much on some plastic trays. maybe recently due to the BPA free thingy, so manufacturer knows that this is a good selling price hence jack up the prices.
FYI those ice cubes trays are from Daiso-japan stuff, and they are really picky about hygiene and stuff, so i guess its safe!

me too aft they freeze, will transfer into ziplock bags, so i dun think the foods stays inside the container for long enough to cause any damage.
 
S@L,
Actually, the price in the BP is much cheaper than wat i paid for. I bought 1 tray 10cubes 1oz for $15 including postage.
 
ueno, how come? cos i enquired before 1 tray of 1oz is only $8! and its from the same organiser as the BP!

NO sign of the carriers yet.....frustrating! i hv been hm everyday jus in case i miss the carriers delivery...hiaz...
sad.gif
 
ueno, it was aft I delivered somewhere Dec/Jan when some mummies here were talking abt using the slim line milk trays and i was intending to use it for my BM storage and tot when start weanin can double use for food. there wasn't any BP at that moment so i PMed the seller. thats the price she quoted me but postage add $1-2 only.
 
tinkabel,
how do you train matt? can share? i only have wkend to train but once it's wkdays, it will be all up to the nanny as it's way out of my sigth/control.

plim,
you baby managed to finish up all the prepared milk on each 3 hourly feed? mine still playing around during feeding time and sometimes when she's in a good mood (or too hungry oredi), she will drink all 150ml at one go! which usually happens like during dream feed (coz stretch longer) or early afternoon... i really headache coz of her irregular feeding.

Pig07,
you hit the nail on the spot!
wana complaint oso scared later nanny bo chap n still do as what she think is right. n since i have no sight/control over what goes on during the day; there's nothing much i can do... end up each time when i realise somethg not right wif my gal, it just makes my blood boil....

weishy,
ur gal takes chilled milk ah? no stomach upset so far?
 
re: baby cubes.

i got my 1oz tray of 10 at $8 each but if get 2 trays, will be $15. exclude postage of $1.50.

so this BP price seems a little expensive, even after the 25% discount...

S@L,
you got a really good price, only $2 nia and same price can buy 7 trays for the price i paid, can even get back change of $1.
happy.gif
 
actually my frens who bought the trays earlier than me got it from Taka at $10 per tray...still cheaper than the seller le...anyway prob the price is higher now due to demand.
 
S@L,
alamak... my eyes... see till blur blur... hee...

no news on the BECO carriers yet ah... i thk we all very anxious to get our hands on them liao :D cant wait to try it; coz skye skye got such good comments with photo to prove!
happy.gif
 
wow, a few days never read the mails, so many to catch up.

re: baby cubes

I bought those cubes also, but haiz, never use them. Mum says " frozen huh" not, good for baby. cannot use. She'll rather puree daily and give my gal fresh ones.

Brought my baby for her 6-in-1 jab and the pneumoococal jab last sat. Told PD abt her milk intake also. She has been having roller coaster ride these days and sometimes cannot finish milk. He says its ok, they are probably teething at this time, and having abit of solid food also. So milk intake tends to fluctuate.


S@L

I pay you tonight. My gal been cranky for the past few days due to jab and I've not been logging in to pay you.

Dreamer

Send you your bag already. let me know if you did not receive it. Thanks
 
BECO carriers

Wooohooo! I just called and the carriers are in Singapore already! Courier guy told me most likeyly will deliver today! Will keep everyone posted once I receive them!

gemini, no prob.
 


S@L: wow.... envy leh.. me still waiting for my BECO carrier for shipment.. very slow -_o".. cant wait to receive them so that can bring my girl out more often.. now really have to think twice when go shopping w/o my hubby around.

btw, how long did they need to send the carrier to you? Me ordered on 29th Apr.. today 6th may liao.. 7days le..
 

Back
Top