(2007/11) November MTBs

Phoebe Tan,
How did you train your boy to sleep through? Last night I told my mum to try to drag his feeding time but she gave in like within 30mins (from 3am to 3.30am)..sigh..like that how to train him? Her rationale is - dun starve the baby if he's hungry, but I want him to sleep through so that she can also sleep through mah.

Any of your babies still fuss before sleeping at night? My boy will cry and stop, cry and stop for abt 15mins before zonking out totally.

Happy...
oh..so phoebe tan is also u huh..haha..then ok la..u train the bb through dragging feeding time right..but mine doesn't work leh..sigh.

poissons,

30mins is good enough, if everytime can drag 30 mins then slowly will see improvement, cannot drag for too long or drag until 7am one lah, my mum also said, either i starved him or i want to kill him with plenty of milk :) so before i leave him with my mum, i better train him and just tell my mum to follow the schedule lor.

not only thru dragging feeding time lah but day time must make sure he drinks enough and also i tried to train him his sleeping hours too in the day, so combined all these recommended in Gina ford book lor but i do adjustment according to suit my boy, i still swaddle my boy at night.

mine at night will not fuss cos he is used to it, once last feed and swaddled up, he will automatically closed his eyes and sleep.

daytime will fuss before sleep so like my dad said he needs to cry before sleep, so i came out with this method. I will put him down on his tummy, let him struggle and cry out his frustration, then pick him up, rock a few times and he will conk out, faster than rock and cry until he conk out :)

K@ye, its normal to start teething tt early. my son started teething at 4mth but some bb dun start till 7-8mths.

Cindy, ya i started w/ the wheat cereals for his milk at 8mths. by 1 yr old i changed to brown rice instead cos the wheat n honey caused alot of phlegm for my son. now i still add it to his milk
happy.gif

i will first dissolve cereals in water, but consistency is nt like making cereal feeds. its jus like adding cereal to our milo...jus abit thick will do. then mix with the milk powder/ BM.

s@l:: hehe thank you lah!!
happy.gif
Hahah okay when about 8 mths old, i'll try that too! hehe thank you for the tip! hehe. but they'l lstill drink through the bottle is it? the hole is big enough? hahas.

S@l, thanks... Then i got to let her bite the teething ring liao... She kept on putting things into her mouth... either her hands or anything that she can put in her mouth.

My Mum told me Claire even grabbed her finger n bit..... No wonder, she has abit of lao sao poo.. Drink less but more occassions and sometimes waking up crying....

langlao

I went to see my GP yesterday, she gave me anti-swell, antibiotics and ask me to monitior. If the pain still persists after taking the medicine. Have to arrange for breast ultrasound. When can we do mammogram ah? heard that is painful!!

grace, let me know if u find any suitable one pls!! i need to "book" one before my maid quit in early oct!

re: sleeping thru
thou' i am christian, i cant help to be "pantang" now...ever since i made comments that my bb is easy to take care, sleep quite fast after rocking for awhile, sleep for at least 6 hours thru the night...her pattern immediately changed!

from 11pm onwards...she will have difficulty to sleep after her feed, i will try to coax her to sleep and it will usually take me an hour or so. then, she will wake up at 1am and fuss for milk again, after feeding her, she will not sleep no matter how hard i tried..and this goes on till 4am!!!

it has been like this for the past one week...i am totally in a zombie state now.

next week, i have to start work, not sure how am i gg to cope with it! faintz...HELP HELP HELP!

fanny, breast ultrasound is not same as mammogram. it is similar process to scaning our tummy when we are preggy so it is not painful at all.

i went for that on tues and found out my left breast has a small lump - infection. so now i am taking antibiotics, hopefully the infection will be gone by next fri when i return for follow up.

ttl - are u still reading the forum? thanks for dr. karen yap contact! she is good, but her charges are steep! :p

wow, these 2 days my dotter sleeps alot and drinks quite alot of milk...dunno if this is a growth spurt? she turns 3 months on 21 Feb.

plus she also kena the yellow, seedy watery poo (abit like diarrhoe)...again...dunno if its becos she keeps putting her fists into her mouth ... :-|

Hey happy, thanks for sharing experience
happy.gif
Actually, my SIL also had piglet but is May BB. She comes to my in-law place everyday. I'm envious cos her baby can sleep on bed quite easily, especially after milk. For me, I swing sarong until hand break also BB not asleep sometimes. I think the place also play a part. My SIL BB sleep in in-laws room, it's quite conducive. The sarong is in living/dining & near door, near toilet, near kitchen. I 'pai seh' tell in-law to move sarong in the room or lower volume.

This week I'm back in my own home & I put BB to sleep on bed to try. She can sleep for a few hours. Yesterday, slept for 4 consecutive hours until I'm worried. My hub say don't let her sleep too much in the day or night keep awake. Very 'mao dun'...

Cindy, ya i let my boy drink thru btl with the cereal. some say nt good to drink thru btl but so far i only see the good point! hehee...cos its nt as thick as when u feed thru spoon, no worries on wrong feeding association or choking. try it, ur Travis will be bui bui toot toot! lol...

olivetree, wow tats bad....ya i agree i also tink kids are real pantang. i remember i was telling a fren sometimes bk tt my boy was toilet trained and night time will either wake up to pee or will sleep thru....then tt very night he wet his bed! hahaha...good things i think jus keep in the heart will do..bad ones must say aloud then it will go away.!!! believe it or not...

thanks kaye!
hmmm, i shall have to monitor her then... she does have lotsa of saliva these days... but i already bought the teething rings to stand by recently ... cos not sure if she will teeth early ;p

olive, the pple nowadays very KS. the centre i saw this morning fully booked. i will see another centre later. apparently alot of bookings come thru when the mother is still preggy. faints.

Dreamer, my Claire also alot of saliva and always like to eat drumsticks.... So, i also suspect she teething esp last nite, she kept on biting the teats.

Grace,

Yes leh, alot of infant care already fully booked. Have to be put under waiting list. My friend waited for 3months before she get her son into Pat School House in KK.

Think the reputable ones like Pat School House & Learning Vision shld be fully booked loh!

poissons,
same! i "borrow" my mother from my father during weekdays. she also stays at my place during the wkdays (go home on fri nights & come back on sun nights) to take care of jovan. we'll rush home after work to care for baby so tat she can rest. sometimes we want to "take leave" from her to go gai gai after work also feel paiseh. coz i know how demanding it is to take care of baby all alone.
rotavirus is a vaccine taken orally. no jab required

grace/plumsource,
i hope baby can sleep thru soon so tat i can move back to MBR. time to get back my territory! hahaha

jules,
thanks for info. will also ask my PD when baby takes his 2nd 6-in-1 jab when he's 4 months old

RE: Teething
eh issit it too early for babies when they are only 3/4 months old? i think they eat drumstick coz they have a strong desire to suck.

RE: infant centres
wah! i din know infant centres are so "hot"!

Catherine,
Yah lor, now me and hubby no life on wkdays, everyday juz rush home to change shift with mum. Like today, it's my hubby's bday, yet we didn't want to go out for dinner to celebrate cos' has to go home early so that my mum can go home.

Finally the wkend is here! Miss interacting with my boy so much..morning I leave house, he is still sleeping, in the evening I reach home, he's tired and want to sleep liao. Sigh..sadz.

poissons,
i also cant go to my team gathering today coz we sending my mother home. it's a monthly team gathering (got free sumptuous dinner & my fav KTV) yet i cant go. *sigh*

Catherine, i also tot that it might be too early for Claire to be teething but it seems that she likes to bite on the teats, usually she will push it out coz it is water.

tinkabel,

Matthias sooo cute! My luis still can't lift his head! Btw, have a safe journey bck to SH. Let us know when you will be back, maybe we can arrange another gathering ;P

FYI, if anyone is interested I saw some Blossom's maternity tops and nursing tops selling for $10 at a shop at the Kallang stadium. Thats the new shopping complex thats just opened near to the indoor stadium. The shop as no signage because i think they are just a temp setup, until the units are leased out. I got some 'Old navy' rompers for babies at 3 for $10. So quite a bargain.

grace, thanks for checking out. can i know the names of the infant care u are checking?

yes loh, last year piggy year super hot, so got lots of pigglets, that's why most child care are fully booked

mummies,

anyone interested to attend this seminar?

FIRM FOUNDATIONS - NURTURING A HEALTHY CHILD

SYNOPSIS
A seminar targeted at parents of pre-school children age 2-6 years. This seminar encompasses the key health issues relating to very young children and aims to increase the knowledge of these health issues amongst parents. It also provides useful information and tips to help parents maintain good health in their children, and to cope and prevent them.

Topics include Nutrition, Chilhood Myopia, Oral Health and Mental Health. The seminar comprises of two separate sessions, English session in the morning and Mandarin session in the afternoon. There will be a panel of speakers from various organisations including the Singapore National Eye Centre, Fei Yue Family Service Centre and Health Promotion Board just to name a few. Each session is approximatly 3 and a half hours.

There will be a separate Programme for Children age 4-6 years for parents who decide to bring along their kids; first come first serve basis as there are limited slots.

LANGUAGE
English (9:00AM)
Mandarin (2:00PM)

DURATION
Approx 3 1/2 hrs

DATE
23 Feb 2008

VENUE
Suntec S'pore Int'l Convention & Exhibition Centre, Theatre Auditorium, Level 3

TICKET PRICE (Inc Booking Fee)
Standard (1 Adult)-S$3

Standard (1 Adult & 1 Child age 4 to 6 yrs old)-S$3 [Limited to 110 tickets]

I will be attending by myself so hope to have some companion!

check out: Sistic website

Olivetree, i think parents are KS lah....

I wanted to put Claire at the infant care near my office. Its not cheap $1.5K per month and the lady in charge told me that they re in full capacity till Jun 08... And not forgetting the long waiting list! I almost faint!

plumsource,
Me going to be back for 2 weeks from 14 to 28 May. See if we can arrange for something. Will be fun to see Luis and the other bbs together at 6 mths. This time, they will probably starting to crawl over each other. Might be a "FUN" sight, mummies chasing after bb...

Haiz, I have such mixed thoughts about going back. On one hand, I am glad to go back to start work. After 3 mths, I realise I can't be a stay home mummy. Find it too boring even though there are tons of things to keep me busy the whole day. On the other hand, as I spend my last few days with Matt, I know I am going to miss him terribly, esp now that he starts to smile, sit with me holding him, makes noises, lift his head etc. I just want to be there for him to see the 1st time he does each of these.

poissons,
happy's method does work, but need to persever and not give in. I tried to drag by patting Matt back to sleep. He will make little sounds and sometimes ablt to go back to sleep. Sometimes I can drag 30 min to 1 hr. Then until he cannot take it, he will start to cry louder. That's the Q and I wake up to prepare his milk. Last week I realise my hubby when back (now his turn to wake up), heat up milk when he 1st start crying. Then from 6 plus hours, his feeding time drop back to 4 plus hours, cos daddy cant bear to see matt cry. Yest, I tried to drag again. So he make small noises for 1 hr before I fed him.

poissons, tinkabel,

yes yes, something like that, not starving your bb liao, they have different cries, so i also wanted until he cried until cannot liao then give in. When about 9pm, i stop everyone from stimulating him or play with him and when it is last feed, must be done in very dim room and on soothing music, no talking to him or making noise, after last feed, straight to bed after burped ( tried to burp him) and then everyone keeps a distance from his sight (bb very smart one, see you around, start wanting attention, leave him alone, he guai guai, no choice keep quiet :)

if bb still can take more milk, give bb more until he dun want for the last feed.

regarding reduced in milk intake

i contacted mrs wong from TMC about the reduced in milk intake, she asked me to change the size of teat to bigger hole to hasten the flow and to make sure that teat is in good condition

reduced milk intake:
i'll try doing that although i did change her teat size recently, it was ok for a while until one or two feeds few days ago, she didn't do well on the medium size teat, choking on the milk and crying so i changed bac to the small size :S confused.

gina ford method,
i juz borrowed the gina ford book..."the little contented baby book" not "the complete sleep guide" then really saw the detailed routine. the latter one doesn't give such a detailed one. so now i'm somewhat refining Eliza's routine again. trying to drop her late afternoon feed, and push forward her evening feed. weirdly, she's waking up at 3plus am for milk, not counting waking up a few times before that and fussing. sighz..so i have to wake up many times to resettle her. tired!

skye,

reduced milk intake:

i think that is just one recommendation from Mrs wong but if your bb choke on the teat, then the flow is too fast.

gina ford method:

i started when my bb is 1 week old so his routine is not too regular and therefore easier for me to train him. Now that your bb is about 3 mths, maybe you dun change your bb routine too drastic?? just slowly bit by bit change else bb might confused and upset her usual routine ( just my 2 cents worth of thought :)

i did not really follow strictly too, trial and error for a while before my bb settle into a routine, for me more importantly is i must understand the theory of why we need to follow certain guideline, i believe in gina ford theory of letting the bb drinks enough during the day so that night will not wakes up, daytime i did not follow her on the dark & quiet room, swaddle etc cos in my mum's hse, no way to do that but i do swaddle him till now after last feed and no stimulation after 9pm and last feed strictly done quietly in a darker room instead of usually in the living room, so you might have to do trial and error too.

happy, tinkabel,
I think my boy bullies my mum. Cos last night when my mum went home and baby garreth shifted back to my room, he had his milk at 8pm and immediately went to sleep, started to make little noise at 1am, but I ignored and finally cried out for milk at only 3.30am...thereafter he slept and only woke up at 8am. When my mum's around, he will usually need another feed at 11pm then wakes up at 3.30am and then 6.30am. See lah..this boy so naughty!

poissons,

can you shift his 8pm to no later than 7:30pm then wakes him up at 10:30pm to drink even he is sleeping (can give him more at this feed if he can still take more) then try not to give him or drag if he cry out, actually bb makes noise when at night when sleeping, as long as no cry out loud, can ignore.

like i mentioned before, no matter whether my bb sleeps or not, i will wakes him up to drink when times up else disrupt his routine and then all timing goes haywired. looks like your bb is ready to be trained to drop feed in the night, wakes him up every morning at 7am if he wakes up in the middle to drink even though last feed is at 5am, my theory is to tell bb that they will get to drink at 7am so need not wakes up to drink before that :p, i control his drinking timing and not he control, in this way, I make sure he drinks every 3 hr in the day and none in the night and he also knows the difference between day and night.

1) tweety- baby Luis - 6.01kg on FM anud BM
2) grace - baby Ash - 6.5kg on BM
3) rast- baby Jadon-5.6kg on FM (12wks 3days)
4) Jules - baby Natalie - 6.18 on FM
5) Kaye - baby Claire - 6kg on FM (3mth 1 week++)
6) Ueno - baby Leroy - 6kg on BM (3mth 1 week++)
7)Poissons - baby Garreth - 6.5kg on FM (2 mths 2 wks) Gosh! I think he is overweight!!
8) baby40 - baby Nicole : 5.1kg on BM (11weeks)
9) michviv - baby Ethan: 8kg on BM (12 weeks)
10) Plim - baby Bevis - 5.2kg on BM (11weeks)
11) Tinkabel - baby matthias - 6.07kg on BM (2 mths 3 weeks and 6 days)
12) S@L - baby Mischa - 6.9kg on BM (2mth 3wks)
13) Yami - baby Kaelyn - 6.6kg on FM (3mths)
14) Superhappymum - baby YongWei - 6.9kg on BM & FM (3 months )
15) Beloved_daughter-baby Matthias - 6.5kg on FM & BM (3months 1wks)
16) Skyeskye - baby Eliza - 5.9kg on BM (9wks)
17) Catherine - baby Jovan - 6.7kg on BM (mostly) & FM (bedtime) (2mths 2wks 4days)
18) Cindy - baby travis - 6kg on FM and BM (13 weeks)
19) fanny - baby cayenne - 5.5kg on FM (10 wks)
20) Jadefeet - baby Ethan =- 7 kg on FM (10 wks 4 days)
21) Sowie - baby Jaeanne - 7kg on BM (2mths 1wk)
22) Joey - baby Javier - 6kg on BM (11weeks)
23) Adelinechew - baby Amber - 7.1kg on FM ( 3mths )
24) yoko - baby Jordan - 6.78kg on FM (3mths and 2 days)
25) winwin - baby carrie - 5.6kg o FM (3 months)
26) efynn - baby xuan - 7.3kg on BM & FM (3 mth)
27) nov1mom - baby tailoong - 6.35 kg on BM & FM (3mths)
28) gemini19 - baby ying ching - 6.9 kg on FM (3 mths)
29) fushiastar - baby Luke - 6.1 kg on BM (10wks)
30) dokiesim - baby brayden - 7 kg on BM (3 mths)
31) Queenaire - baby Darius - 7.1kg on FM (3 mths + 1 week)
32) lazykat - baby Zee Yann - 6.2kg on BM, now FM (3mths 1wk)
33) kittybride - baby Chloe - 5.4kg on FM (3mths + 4days)

7)Poissons - baby Garreth - 6.5kg on FM (2 mths 2 wks) Gosh! I think he is overweight!!
17) Catherine - baby Jovan - 6.7kg on BM (mostly) & FM (bedtime) (2mths 2wks 4days)
34) Olivetree - baby Gracie - 6.9kg on BM (3 mths + 2 days)

Hi Plumsource (hee hee still not used to this nick of yours. Still think of you as Tweety - i associate it with the cute little birdie, tweety bird... *grin*) :-

We can meet at Parkway, sure! Morning is ok. Wat time you suggest? How about 10.30am? Now, the difficulty is fixing the date. I don't login often, because my PC is super slow. Will you be able to organise something?

I return to work on 3 March. Nicole is starting infant care on 25 Feb. Thus, if we meet next week, I shall be bringing Niki, but if we meet after that, then I shall come alone. If later than 29 Feb then I will not be able to meet cos I will be working!

For the 1st week at infant care, I plan to send her in between 7-8am, and then drop in to see how she is doing 2-3 times during the day (perhaps 11am and then 2 or 3 pm). I do not expect smooth sailing lah. Niki is very stubborn and is giving all sorts of trouble taking the bottle. I'm learning to let go, and not worry. From the feedback I've gotten from my PD, friends at church, and internet etc, the bottom line is, babies will drink when they are hungry. Besides if really *touch wood* problematic and Niki's weight drops drastically, I am prepared to take time off work.

Cheers!

To add on to the list

35) fttymum - baby En - 6.2kg on BM and FM(3 mths + 2 days)

35) fttymum - baby En - 6.2kg on BM and FM(3 mths + 2 days)
36) Cactusnah - Baby Eagan - 6.6kg on FM (2 months, 3 weeks & 6 days old)

tinkabel,

Bon Voyage! Take care, kiss..kiss to Matthias
happy.gif

Keep us posted on whats life is like in SH.

baby40,
OK, I'll let you know when we'll meet up. looks like just you and me unless anyone else wanna join for a quick coffee?

Baby bouncer,
i'm looking for a baby bouncer or swing chair, are there any recommendations?

plumsource,
think most of us working, so can't join for the coffee... u guys enjoy
happy.gif

as for baby bouncer, the one i hv is the very commonly found which is made up of a metal frame and a piece of net... very cheap and serves it's purpose well (but only holds babies up to a certain weight i think, my elder girl outgrow it at 6 mths if i'm not wrong)

as for swings, u might wan to check out fisher price, they shld hv some designs available...

Back