(2007/10) October 2007 MTB

gingerleaf,
i think having the ergo/beco around may come in handy, cos can use when bb turn toddler, i can't imagine toddler in the sling. or can i?
happy.gif

chintz,

so terrible to hear that! how can your MIL do that! it's her own granddaughter leh! I think if she meet me / ecookie, so kena upside down one. :p *looks at ecookie*

hmm...if really bu fang xin, maybe quit temporary and be a SAHM?

sugar_nut,
how much is the govt subsidy? I think infant_care is around 1.2k right?

madly,
I oreadi test drive the bee at mothercare! Its so smooth..... argh.

yeah, will come in handy im sure! Jus worry that when they can walk, they might not wanna be carried anymore.

chintz, sorry to hear that. This is really a tough situation for you to decide. Have a good talk with her and if really she feel that she didn't want to take care of chloe, then search for other alternatives. At least, at the moment, try not to step her "tail" so that she might change her mind after that.

Chloe is such a good and adorable girl, guess that your MIL still love her granddaughter and didn't want her to go to expose to infant care.

*hugs* to all mummies out there! i'm feeling so much better... oct mummies rule!!!! HOO-RAYY *wink*

ya, wondering how much is the cost to send bb to infant care?

gingerleaf
haha... its not really a smug feeling, but more of, 'u ask for it if ur grandchild not close to u' kind of attitude that i've now. though i'm pissed with her to no end, but i dun wanna fire at her or put her on a stake coz she's old alr. old people, best not to antagonnize! :D

chintz
for infant care, u should be looking at around $1k on average, without subsidy yet. may need to provide ur own milk powder,etc. also depends on which infant care u wanna send to. can check out MCYS website for the listings. quite useful website coz it also lists down the costs, but of coz best to call the infantcare centres once u have shortlisted them, in case they have revised their prices.
happy.gif

Hi Chintz, infantcare will be good choice. My son has been in infantcare since he 2.5 month old, he has settled in very well is happy there.
The teachers are good with the children, and really take care of them quite well, they will play with them and sing to them. So far, we are pleased with what we have seen.

bbwow, govt subsidy $400, i pay $700/mth.

chintz
can understand how u feel. i also long to be a SAHM, at least, dun have to see people's face when caring for child n can decide n DO what's best for own child, but financially not viable. thus, we have no choice but to close eyes, swallow whatever nonsense,etc.

best to discuss with hubby the options first or let him suss out ur MIL before deciding. can casually check out the infantcare options around ur place.
happy.gif

chintz,

yeah. good chance to say you wanna be SAHM. hehe...

Cheval,

thanks for the info. you mean we're all entitled to govt subsidy?

which infant care you put at your son? And how many teachers attend to 1 bb? not sure if they're really patient to take care of infants. keke...

bbwow: wah lau.. dun like that say abt me leh.. hah. but if this happens to me, on one hand will be angry but on the other hand will be happy cos no need see her liao! will work out either ask my mum look after full time (have to check cos she part time now) or infantcare lor.

re infantcare:
think ard 1.2k per mth for those better one like learningvision/pat school etc but got ard 200-400 subsidy depending on mum working or not..

want to share with you mommies, myra started signing, see her fingers, i noticed this since last saturday, was wondering why she doing this weird sign with her fingers, later realised she was signing "twinkle twinkle little stars" cos she would join in when we start
happy.gif
anyone bbs doing something similar? pls ignore the sexy legs in the background.

1407547.gif

bbwow
as long as the infantcare/childcare centre is registered with MCYS, will be entitled to goverment subsidies. of coz working mummies will be entitled to more subsidy than SAHM.
happy.gif

chintz, dun be upset liao okie? i agree with gingerleaf. when ur girl can talk, ha! she'll be so jealous.. i always tell my mum, my girl wun have to learn how to call "ah ma" cos i dun tink my mil will see her.. hahahhaa! so she'll only know po-po.. tai-po, mummy, daddy etc etc (all those who love her!).. hahaha.. tink u can go for infantcare ba?

madlynette: myra is indeed a smart girl! my girl only knows how to grab things and put everything into her mouth hehe

frosty,
im still bf, plan to do it for 1 yr then try for another baby.

chintz,
**hugs**, maybe u wana try n talk to yr MIL again and see if u can make some arrangements so that things can work out? Honestly, its not a easy job loooking after a baby, and very soon they will be crawling n walking so it might be taxing for the old folks? maybe u can get a maid n help her with her workload?

madlynette! myra so smart! cute little baby.. =D my girl started with some of her own familiar signs too.. hahaha! tink they are all absorbing reali fast and she knows "cause-n-effect" liao le.. when she wants to play she will rock on my tummy or if i m carrying her, she will push my shoulder with one hand and climb on my tummy.... so amazed by what they do everyday!

Hi mummies,

Good Morning or rather Good Afternoon liao.

Chintz
Sori to hear about your situation with ur MIL. Let's look at it positively, maybe it'll be good for the bb in the long run. In the mean time, I personally feel that infant care is not a bad idea as well or if u have friends who can recommend good nanny. Any SAHM then you can relied on to help?

Beco
I received my beco yesterday and I'm very happy with it!

madlynette
What size thermal suit is myra wearing?

I just bought a size 1 thinking the size 2 I bought is too big but due to HFMD, have not tried it yet!!

totoro,
myra thermal suit is size 1 cos she's petite. looks like just fit her nicely with a little bit room left. she's not wearing swimming diapers in this photo.

hi all
happy.gif

lunch time soooon :p but so lazy to eat outside cos v v hot...

chintz.. *sayang* *sayang*, dun get upset... there'll nvr b ending story btw 'DIL & MIL', we dun like them also must 'ren' & 'respect' them, bobian... i hpe she gv u all ample time to make necessary arrangements...jus sit down w ur hb & see wat need to b arranged best for chloe... like wat some mummies say, try figure out wat actually is MIL problm, izzit shorthanded @home or jus simply want 'easy life' nt bbsitting? then fm there u tackle the prblm. if employ maid best to hv some1 @home to keep lookout, as for nanny/infant care, sometime hv to try out then knw is good or no good....

garden_dreamz & those mummies teaching.. i like to read your long posting.. can learn v beautiful english fm u all.. hahaha..

perlicia... thks in advance for the voucher.. ya, i also tink boiling is faster than steaming for the sweet potatoes/potatoes... i tink nanny can read my mind, ysterday i jus asked u all mummies abt potatoes, then when i went back, nanny told me she jus let bb lance tried potatoes (add some soup she brewed)!! she said he ate abt the small size portion like kfc serving & wanted more! nowsaday, he v greedy, i cant eat infront of him w a bowl/spoon, must eat discreetly, same ting when his sister drinking milk also must not let him see, he will air-air-air...

sanbebe.. thks, now i knw puree need add water, cos i still using the 'old method' not blender type when making my fruits puree..

aria_jo, me too. aimming to bf to 1 yr... but hubby keep say can stop liao lah.. cos he scared i very tired if i wake up every night. anyway, i told him, if he can wake up in the night to make milk for xavier then i consider to stop bf..hahaha.. cos he everything also ask maid do.. i say next time xavier only know maid and not daddy..

ponponta, yeah man... that's like so long liao... i have been back to work so long liao! hahaha.. i still bfing! hopefully can tahan longer cos work is very busy now, everyday like firefighting man... no time to pump!

ueno, wah, not bad not bad.. i am aimming to stop at 1yr old... kekee.. i really dun bear to stop bf now leh.. hahaah... cos it's such a good time to bond with baby when bfing him...

chintz, so sorry to hear about ur MIL. well, some MIL just dun like to take care of young kids cos they feel it's a chore to them. i know of ppl like that. so sad right? anyway, is your mil staying with you? if so, i guess maybe u hire a maid for her lor.. help her do housework while she take care of bb.. if not, i think nanny is a good idea. ask ppl to recommend to you. =)

myra so cute!! and hair so long! can tie 2 pony tails liao..and the pose, wow, steady bom bi bi like that..

aiyoh, you all make me wanna get the thermal suit too..haha...

ecookie,

hehe...I will also be angry & happy at the same time lor. Just that I know we're not those kind that can be easily threatened or bullied one! Right??? ;)

madlynette,
I thought myra was wearing size 2. Now I really think size 4 is way oversize for my boy! hahaha

bbwow,
i measured myra and order accordingly to the website.

errrr btw, when it comes to nursery rhymes, this mommy only know "twinkle twinkle little star".
happy.gif

madlynette, wow.. v striking swimwear myra has! soooo nice, she can join along singing 'twinkle twinkle little stars'?? not your 'sexy' legs????? hmmm... must see when gathering!! wahahaa...

totoro/ueno..wat is beco? i v sua-ku one leh..

garden dreamz ... .hahahaha yr boy like my boy .. .see MIL only CRY till like no body business .... good job man ... our smart boys

chintz ... get a miad la ... den dun need to worry abt house work too ... MIL dun wan to care so be it lor ... like me .. .MIL onyl look after BIL's child nvr BIL said his children cannot let maid see one only MIL can look after them ... like my Kids no kids only his is ... S*** nvr any way my MIL always cannot say much abt me or my bb cos I GOT THE SAY IN THE HOUSE OF TAKING CARE OF BB hahahahaha ... even MIL ask me thingy

Mad wow .. so smart bb know how to sing liao clap clap
happy.gif

Gingerleaf you better now ... remember dun stay too near bb lyn ok ... anyone look after her for you ??? take cooling tea lor ...

Hi mummies,

Anyone thinking of buying play yard?? Any idea?
Anyone have the Haenim play yard?? Any comments?

My girl crawling around and destroying things around the house, time to cage her up!
I'm thinking of 6 panel play yard, any idea where and how much?

garden_dreamz,

thanks for the link. I think it's a wake-up call for me also. Better to start to source for child-care first. If No. 2 comes, I think MIL has all the more reasons to say "Not taking care"

chintz,
hope everything works out fine for you eventually. Maybe your MIL is just throwing tantrums.

bbwow: yes start sourcing now.. call me kiasu or not.. ive shortlist a few near my mum's place.. once baby YZ turns 18 mths will WHISK him away to half day child care and saying BYE BYE to MIL ... LOL. *evil DIL*

chintz: i abit envious u leh.. if my MIL like that, i sure quick quick find alternatives one! okie dun mind me. hope for you, ur MIL just angry for a moment and will resume taking care of chloe or with a maid's help./

bbwow, ya i hope so too.

However, damage has been done! There's no way that our relationships could go back like it used to be. I really have to solve this problem sooner or later. Thanks!

Mummies, my baby has been rejecting milk feed, and haven't been constipated for 2 days. What can i do to help her with her constipation?

*worried*

Back