(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

hi atinarin,
came across this today: "........so hang in there, keep holding on, and know, that so many wishes are with you...everywhere you go......"

By the way, anyone of your baby reject porridge or food recently? Tristan has been rejecting solid food for the past few weeks. He will only eat a few mouthful and then totally reject the food.

Initially, I thought he was sick of porridge after eating for so many months. So I tried letting him eat macaroni or sometime rice but also the same. He will try a few mouthful and then reject totally. Waste my time and effort! How eh? Anyone can help me?

atinarin, not sure how to comfort u actually. but pls do not give up on healing urself. it is important for u to stay positive, if not for ur girl.

blue, nowadays, ben's weekends are all taken up by his grandparents. maybe during the holidays? i shd have more time then. =D

darmae, wow! ur mum has been teaching maegan since so long ago? i guess i not so patient afterall.

voice, sighs. was hoping u have some mi jue for me. hee. just have to keep trying i guess and make it as fun for him as possible. =<

hope all mummies and bb will get well soon.

Blue, his milk intake is perfectly alright. His daily milk intake is about 900ml. I don't think he is unwell coz this problem of rejecting solid food has been ongoing for a few weeks already and he is as per normal except the food part.

Arisz: At least he is taking his milk well ... just continue experimenting with new food and who knows, you may discover something he likes? You tried steaming mashed potato, pumpkin and beef? Jordan loves that.
happy.gif

BTMum: Ok, you plan a playdate when you having holidays yah!
happy.gif

Ariz,
Or u wan to add his favourite food into his porriage like his favourite biscuit or favourite fruit in it... I try tat on Summer sometimes if she reject her porridge... it work...

Signed....! Failure to make Summer wean off her pacifier last nite....she cry like mad...tears keep on flowing....then my hubby give in say give her lah...try another day....Think really got to throw away her pacifiers like wat Voice did... Got to try again...

funny, jia you...don't give up. Why don't u start off with no pacifier in the daytime. Slowly, then she will get used to no pacifier. Else, u tried fau's parents method, eeek...ants, my enemies!

Ariz: is tristan teething now? waaah, he can still drink so much milk, *salute*. At this period, they shld be increasing in solid and decreasing milk, according to Samuel's PD. Why don't u try cutting down abit of milk then perhaps he is hungry enuff to want to take in solid.

Hahaha...Voice! My mum oso suggest tis method....But I scare my mum will give in...she is the day care giver... She veri soft hearted type! Thks, Voice! Will Jiayou!

Ariz,

Yeah...wat voice say is true...can take her suggestion...mayb might work oso...coz hungry mah...900ml really too much liao....

ariz, mine also rejecting porridge after a few mothfuls recently. I had to distract her with books and toys, can squeeze in a few more mouths only..i also think could be teething. best part now is that she tasted cakes and reject the plain bread nowadays. will ask for cakes when she sees us eating it. terrible hor..

atinarian, hope u are better today. yeah, maybe its the GA that causes the terrible side effects.

arisz,
tristan cud be teething as such he is rejecting food. maegan did juz that few weeks ago. rejecting milk 1st then porridge. then we found out tat she is teething. when she fell sick this week, her appetite also dropped drastically.

but its a gd thing tat tristan is keeping up with his milk. 900ml is alot!

btmum,
hee.. the one training is my mum. if it were to be me, i guess i will be impatient as u lor. kekeke

atinarin, can understand ur pain, i had c-sec when i delivered samuel, after woke up from GA, felt so horrible, i cried and also felt so nauseous and kept vomitting. Next day, my ward mate was telling me that she heard me vomitting so badly after wheeled out from OT. Worst part is, after 4 dozes of top up the epi medicine, i also went under GA, overdozed!!

atinarin,

it will take some time the aching to subside. meanwhile please take care of yourself. anytime when u feel down, look and tok to ur gal... and of course not foretting mummies here who are always supportive of you.

Thanks all for your suggestions! I did not realise his milk intake is consider a lot...hehe!

I'm not sure if he is teething because the other time when he was, he even reject milk. But now he seems fine with milk.

Amy, Tristan is exactly like what you describe...reject after a few mouthfuls, then I distract him with toys and books to force him to eat a few more mouthfuls.

Funny, I tried your method of putting in his fav biscuits, but that clever boy see also got his porridge immed shut his mouth.

Voice, maybe I will try your method, skip one of his milk session and see if he is hungry enough to eat. But I scared I heartpain if he still refused then I will give him and let him have his milk. But I did kinda try your method before, he just eat a few more mouthfuls then reject again. Probably I must be more heartless, don't want to eat also no milk then!

do take care of urself atinarin. the side effects of the GA seems to be bad.

florence, pic is lovely. dun think ben can take pic while hugging. lol.

darmae, i will persevere! everyday teach a bit a bit. hee. pek chek liao i stop lo. hee. else no good for ben and me. =D

blue, play date? LOL. new term for me. hee. nice to plan for such dates yah? will try to plan for it. =D

if the surgery had worked, i could say that thesuffering was well worth it. now i feel like an idiot cos i went thru so much for nothing.

Atinarin: Things won't change for the better if you keep harping on the negatives ... why not you look on the brighter side, keep an open mind and heart and have faith that things will be better? Even if it doesn't, at least you are living life happily and there will be no regrets, isn't it?

blue, have heard of. just that i never thought one day i would plan a "play date" for my children mah. hee. the feeling is quite good leh. =D

Mummies,
GUG trial confirmed to be on the 26th oct (sunday)at 2pm. I need the following particular for the trial:
1. child's name
2. child's date of birth
3. mummy or daddy's name
4. contact number
pls pm me

GUG Trial( for 8-18mth):
1.Corrine
2.Phoebe
3.Corrine's Friend
4.Peapod
5.Florence
6.Nate (if in the afternoon)
7.bb_piglet (cant do 19/oct)
8.darmae - <font color="aa00aa">received email</font>
9.Funny76 - <font color="aa00aa">received email</font>
10.Irene - <font color="aa00aa">received email</font>
11.Poohwei
12.magoo

waiting list :
1. yoki

Atinarin, Good morning from Mister Shawn.
1783201.jpg

I know it's an extremely difficult time for you and your family. My heart goes to you and hope for the best. Just want to let you know, there are pple out there like me, reading your posts and we feel for you.

Prob one of the avenue to relieve stress, is sharing through this forum. pls keep us posted.

Pillow: Thanks. such a cheeky smile so cute.

Thanks mummies. I think i pretty much lapsed into depression. been sleeping t hepast few days even when im not sleepy. thats unliike me. i felt bettersleeping cos i stopped thinking andworrying.

I hate to be negative but itslike, when are the good times coming. where's my silver lining?

hi atinarin,
wanna share this with u:
"the secret of health for both the mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, not to anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly."

Morning mummies

Last week D has started to act out things like feeding and hugging and putting her Elmo toy to sleep. Is it just a girl thing? So delighted to see when she holds her bottle or stackercups and feed Elmo equipped with slurping sounds. Now I'm so itchy to get her a cooking set, or fake food toys =P

She also has started calling out 'Mama' even though I address myself as 'Ibu'.. and I found out when she calls out 'Mama' it's actually for Elmo, coz when I ask her where's Elmo she points to the toy and say something like 'Mamo.. Lllmo.. Llma..' Tsk tsk.

fau: that is so cute of D! baby yz has recently shown an attachment to elmo too. so much that he abandons his smelly beanie which he hug to sleep for past 11mths!! but D is really smart, imitating us adults by feeding elmo and putting it to sleep.
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,

Just to check if any of your bb still a bogay at this age? Mine just turn 13 month today and still have no teeth. Is this normal?

baby piglet,
oh so sorry i din know u cant do on the 26th.... paiseh...

yoki,
i got 1 slot available now ...i'll need your particular asap k

GUG trial on the 26th oct (sunday)at 2pm. I need the following particular for the trial:
1. child's name
2. child's date of birth
3. mummy or daddy's name
4. contact number
pls pm me

GUG Trial( for 8-18mth):
1.Corrine
2.Phoebe <font color="aa00aa">-received</font>
3.Corrine's Friend <font color="aa00aa">-received</font>
4.Peapod <font color="aa00aa">-received</font>
5.Florence
6.Nate <font color="aa00aa">-received</font>
7.darmae <font color="aa00aa">-received</font>
8.Funny76 <font color="aa00aa">-received</font>
9.Irene <font color="aa00aa">-received</font>
10.Poohwei <font color="aa00aa">-received</font>
11.magoo <font color="aa00aa">-received</font>
12.yoki

atinarin,
please do not give up hope, i know its painful to go through the whole process but you have already went through once which is giving birth to your gal. Now for your gal, you must be strong to do it again. Some people dont even have a chance to go for operation for survival while you have the option. Hence, you should not let go out this chance no matter how hard it is. Think positively...treasure your life and live happily
happy.gif
God will create miracles for you!

Good morning mummies ...

tequilapop: My PD ever told me that if by 13.5 months still not teething, probably have to see a dentist or what to check cos that time Jordan 11 months still bo gay, she asked me not to worry ... give him another 2.5 months. Thankfully his 2 pearlies came shortly after.
happy.gif

xiangrikuio:Thank u thats really meaningful although difficult to liveup to sometimes.

yoko: i know what u mean. hate feeling this way too but im sure i will stop this depressing soon. right now i cannot even reply to my colleague's smses.pathetic.

I got to beat this feeling.
Right now still veryweak i dont know why the effect is so strong. Keep feeling lethargic. Essence of chicken also not helping.Stupid surgery. Hospital called and said i gottapay outstanding $975. FOr nothing.

Ok i dont wannawhine already. Trymy best to keep my head up.
GOd has a plan lets wait and see when mymiracle will appear.
Everyone have a great day ok?

PS my space bar also spoiltso pardonthe lack of spaces

So meaningful:

There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His Father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence.

The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence. Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all.

He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper.
The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.

The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said, 'You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. But It won't matter how many times you say I'm sorry, the wound will still be there. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one. Remember that friends are very rare jewels, indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed. They lend an ear, they share words of praise and they always want to open their hearts to us.'

YOU ARE MY FRIEND AND I AM HONORED!

Please forgive me if I have ever left a 'hole' in your fence.

Back