(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

fau,
dahlia fell sick too.. poor gals.
wat a funnie statement on the label leh. out of curiosity, i juz went to check maegan's. no such label in sight. hehe
toking abt drowsy.. maegan kana KO too. but the phelgm gets into her.. she has been sitting up to cough couple of time liao. she cry too.. ned to carry her and put her back to bed. so i'm hanging on...
hw do u feed her the next dose of medication when she's asleep? maegan supposed to take hers at 1am. but i doubt i can feed her... she can really scream to protest lor. very fierce.

p.s. i saw the video clips on D. super cute man... she still hv the 'dun play play' look. hee

Hi Atinarin,

Pray for you tht you will be alright soon, pls be strong...

mummies,
Just wanna update my boy ,Louis's 1 yr development/achievement, you may share wf me too
Height: 77-78cm
weight:9.4kg only
Able to say : "papa","apple","car","star","dudu"(pacifier), "ball"

feeling sad tht he still not able to say "mama"

Atinarin: Do update us after your op!
happy.gif

A very simple prayer for you which the rest will AMEN to it:
Father, we commit Atinarin's operation and well being unto your hands that You will bless her with a successful operation and speedy recovery. In Jesus's name we pray, Amen!

darmae, right after i posted the above post i also KO lol. managed to set alarm 30mins before her meds are due just in case her fever is up again.. lucky no fever. if her meds are due and she's sleeping i just slowly insert the syringe into her mouth, sometimes i'm lucky she will do the sucking motion so i slowly push the syringe. so far no probs
happy.gif
yah she still have the dun mess with me look -_- dunno how to cultivate her to look friendly hahaha.

radiance, 9.4kg is not only heh. we weighed D at the PD last night and she's 8.48 only
happy.gif

darmae: baby yz also like meagan. down with fever from last wed and fever on off till yest then finally gone! cold n cough sets in ard weekend too. some mummies in oct thread advised me that its most prob rosella cos yz got rashes appearing on his body ard day 4 of the fever.. his appetite also drop for past few days. lucky lastnight managed to dream-feed him quite abit and this morn he finally accept the bottle back. was feeding an angry baby milk via syringe for the past 2 days!!

hang on, im sure meagan fever will be gone soon. and the phlegm will get better as the meds work.

Happy Birthday to Adrienne!

Takashimaya Card Member - There is an additional 15% off from Oct 9 to Oct 12th.

Mommies, Plan your shopping list! D)

hi atinarin, PLs be strong and positive- that's half battle won.

CM, oh no. hope carlson will be better soon. do call me if need any help.

fau and radiance, abt weight...mine dropped from 8 to 7.8 kg now. so sad. went PD yesterday to do the kidney scan cos doc wanted to know why she had urine infection. kidney's fine and doc said there's other dignostic test if we want to further pursue the issue and that required some tube to be inserted to check the reflux. No way we're doing that as it's only her 1st infection. I mean if she gets that frequently then maybe will do those tests, right? then doc also commented on her weight...she said i ned to give her frequent feeds then to 'boost' her weight..hubby was a bit upset abt the weight thingy and I was also somehow affected.

fau, how tallis your gal? mine is 72.5cm. think with that height and weight, mine is 25th percentile leh...

darmae, ecookie

My Ayden also the same as ur bbs.
Last week down with fever up n down, finally fever subsided on monday, running nose n cough "visted" too.. now Ayden has a RED nose due to the cleaning of the mucus.
So poor thing. the cough n running nose still "have not left" him.. haiz..

ecookie, I give her potato quite often. guess milk could be cuplrit leh...she is still fed based on demand and each time she suckle, about 5- 10 mins. normally, i bf her at 6am, 9am, 2pm, 5pm, 8 pm. i'm trying my best to give her bm only until end dec, and will then add in fm cos preparing to return work in feb. meanwhile i'll also try to give her cereal more often.

fau,
wat a way to 'trick' dahlia. it sure sound tempting lor. like baby yz, mine is an angry baby too when faced with the medication.
i worried she might jumped up and wailed when i try to feed her when she's asleep.

maegan has the same weight as D... 8.5kg. it will still drop, since she's not eating well.

ecookie,
baby yz oso reject bottle... maegan did juz the same thing. be it EBM or FM. only latching works. i'm glad that she is at least taking some milk. likewise, maegan oso angry baby but its when we try to feed her medicine. fierce somemore.
she has rosella too.. from the high fever she had. pretty nasty lor. i was so worried when i saw those rashes.

amy,
has nynke recovered from her urine infection?
PD has also made same comments about maegan's weight. asked me to boost her milk intake especially... but she refused, wat can i do? she should be at least 10kg for her age. i'm also affected...

mag,
ayden boy oso sick.. aiyo, so many babies having the same bug. i really hope all will recover soon.

seems like different doctors have different standards when it comes to weight...at 12 mths weighing 10 kg is consider abit on the high side by clara's pd...but she commented that lucky clara height is on the higher side also..

wise,
felt comforting with your statement. for once, i'm glad that different PD hv differenting standards when it comes to weight. as maegan is on BM since birth, we hv only tried to intro her FM few weeks back but faced rejection.
i cant help but felt my BM to supply enuff nutrients for her growth. quite affected lor.
she stands at 77.5cm. duno if she's consider tall.

darmae,

maegan is taller then clara leh..her wt and ht is ok lar...baby development is not only base on wt and ht....most impt is their well-being...
happy.gif

samuel weighs 9.95kg, short of 5grams to hit 10kg! hee hee. His height seems to shrunk leh, from 77cm to 75cm! This time round, his height was taken when he's standing, perhaps that could be the difference.

He has his 1st dose of flu jab, 4 wks later need to get 2nd dose and also have his MMR jab together.

hi corrine,
i have missed this trial class
sad.gif
...anyway, would like to be in the waiting list. thx

GUG Trial( for 8-18mth):
1.Corrine
2.Phoebe
3.Corrine's Friend
4.Peapod
5.Florence
6.Nate (if in the afternoon)
7.bb_piglet (cant do 19/oct)
8.darmae
9.Funny76 (To be confirm)
10.Irene
11.Poohwei (prefer after 11am, cant do on 12/Oct..hehehe)
12.magoo

waiting list :
1. yoki

Hi Hi,

anyone interested in the below?? New, not worn, wrong size bought.
Interested parties, pls email me @ [email protected]

Item 1 - Size 90 - $30
1773303.jpg

Item 2 - Size 90 - $28
1773304.jpg

Sorry if I've jammed your thread...

tiny voice: when can we start giving flu jab? cos at 1 year old + , they have alot of jabs outstanding like prevnar last jab/chicken pox/MMR/Hep A. wondering when can slot in the flu jab...

darmae: maegan rashes will go away soon dont worry.the doc at KK said the rashes normally go away in a week time. most importantly, drink more water for the sore throat n fever. baby yz now see water like see poison. must persuade n act like clown then he ll take some. :p

one thing for sure the prevnar jab is Ouch. the needle is super long.

so 2 jabs at one sitting, hmmmm. have to consider....

flu jab is not prevnar, flu and prevnar cannot go together. MMR and prevnar also cannot go together. Flu and MMR can go together, get it? hee hee.

We're heading canada in dec, so WE all must take flu jab first before going, cos' it's winter cold season.

darmae, how many pkts of the pigeon porridge did maegan take at 1 time? Mine hor, 2 pkts per box also not enuff, only made up 1/2 of his usual intake, haaahaaa. I tried it yesterday, the fried rice with sea bream fish. it's a little salty though i find it, wonder issit b'cos of the combi.

Talking about jabs, are you all bringing your bbs for jab every month huh? I seem to leh .. aiyoh, like forever so many jabs to take like that. Then every time also need to pay consultation (heng consultation can claim from hubby's medical).

Jordan was 79cm and 10.8kg on his last visit at 12 months (clinic scale seems to weigh less cos he weighed 11kg at home). He seems to be growing vertically now, but not so much on weight.

wise,
PD din comment much about her weight leh. but being in this forum makes me feel beta. its not that i'm comparing but comforting to learn that maegan is in the same growth rate.

ecookie,
today is day 2 for the rashes. i checked her out this morning b4 leaving for work. looking at her makes me sad. thanks for advising that the rashes will go away in a week time. more 放心.

voice,
the pigeon porridge comes in 2 sizes. 60g pack and 80g pack. i bought the 80g pack for her.. stirred in some rice as well. since its her dinner meal. so it will be less salty and filling. but i rem there's no added salt. the saltiness comes from the extract and fish flakes such as bonito.

darmae, looks like we same boat hor.
pillow, i understand abt fm part. stubborness lor..hehe..

voice, oh yes, your canada trip. looking forward, right?

Tiny Voice
I will be sending my kids to Flu jab end of next month too. We will be travelling in Jan. Andrea will take her 1st dose of Flu jab together with her Chicken Pox, 4 wks later, take her 2nd dose of Flu jab.

hi mummies,

hope all babies who r unwell will recover soon, faith also kenna throat infection last saturday. it spread to her eyes causing alot of sticky eye discharge. brought her to pd and was prescribed med n eye drops. its a nightmare everytime we feed her med...she simply refuse to open her mouth so hubby n i have to pin her down n force her mouth open to insert the syringe in. she will scream n kick her legs frantically n also know how to "pui" the med out! i feel so heartpain to see her struggle like tat, so can u imagine applying eye drops? she shut her eyes so tightly tat hubby gotto really pry open her eyelids to put the eyedrops, i can't bear to do it cos she seems so poor thing
sad.gif

amy, darmae,
same here on fm...when faith knows i'm around, she will not take bottle at all, even ebm also reject. dun see how she can ever be weaned off...

mummyfaith, on feeding medicine,maybe can try using spoon instead of syringe ?

my boy strange one. reject syringe. so i use the spoon like its something nice. haha

pillow, tried leh...she taste it once n refuse
sad.gif
smart but stubborn girl. now whenever she sees the syringes, she will walk away and starts crying.

amy, mummyfaith,
i doubt maegan can be weaned off BM as well. we have tried.. but she simply refused. esp when she noe i'm around.. initialy she rejects FM... but contd to 'enjoy' her EBM. now when she's sick. she rejects any fluid from bottle, incl water. we ned to spoon feed water to her. tried using straw, she ended up playing (biting) with it.

pillow,
on spoon... we tried since she takes water from spoon. but after one mouthful, she spits out the medicine after tasting it. really 拿她没办法.
very lost liao... so hv to force using the syringe, pinned her dwn like wat mummyfaith does.

mummyfaith, headache ... i dread it when they fall sick.

the usual meds, my boy is ok . but with panadol, spoon or not, he refuse and will be like almost vomitting after he tasted it .

somehow all my kids like to take medicine, my son sometimes even pretend sick to ask for medicine
happy.gif
Even for Shayne, medicine taste yummy to her.

Amy, I agree that you shd not do all the invasive test for first time UTI. I regretted letting my girl take so much antibiotic...kiasu KKH
sad.gif

row, dun worry lah, those bb tooth will eventually drop off, most impt to cultivate her to enjoy brushing teeth, mine love brushing teeth time, heehee.

amy: yup, looking forward, 45 working days more for me for Y2008, and i will be off for my holidays. hee hee!

mummyfaith: samuel also like faith, reject all forms of feeding method for medicine, got to also force feed using syringe or spoon.

i have intro beef for my boy's diet as well, he enjoys alot and my parents commented that beef is very good for kids, tougher them up! These come from my parents who don't take beef...hee hee! Fresh beef very ex, last weekend i bought fillet steak at $61/kg, *faint*!

voice, now only see decay teeth, dunno inside her got other damage or not leh....beef is definitely good, I always make beef soup or ox tail soup to cook her porridge. Cheaper way is to use the big bone since they dun really eat the meat now.

Darmae,
Not only Ayden is sick, Mayvis aso sick..
Alamak!! This coming saturday she is going to flower girl for hubby's cousin..
Dunno she can or not.. haiz..

Maegan better alrdy?
Hope all bbs who are sick recover fast..
So heartache to see them sick.. haiz..

voice,
beef really tougher them up? so far have only cook twice. no obvious like or dislike... juz that beef is usually not part of our dishes, so i usually do pork, chicken or fish porridge.

mag,
really poor kids. they are so young but suffer so much from the bugs. me too, hope all bbs recover soon.

maegan is still the same, kept coughing becos of the phelgm. alot of mucous too. at least the fever is gone... so tats a relief.

Ayden and Mayvis getting better?

so many bb sick. hope all of them quickly recover and be their usual chirpy self again and cheer up everyone around them. =D

blue, ben is same height as J leh! he is 79 cm and 10.4kg at 12 months count. 90th percentile fo rboth. =D think they can be good friends? hee.

voice, can share how u get sam to love toothbrushing? ben seems to hate it. but i dunno how to intro to him....=< am trying to use the first toothbrush now (finger brush?)

Row: You will be surprised they can eat the meat! The meat I use for porridge is never gone to waste cos I cut until very small so that everything will be eaten with the porridge / potato. Jordan loves potato, pumpkin and beef!
happy.gif

HI mommies,
Just want to ask if any mommies is using Pampers Active Baby(purple colour packaging) L(38pcs) n XL(34pcs)? Cos I have a few Ls and XLs to let go at :
L(38pcs)-$20/-
XL(34pcs)-$18/-
Int, pls sms or call me at 91451454

hi all thanks Carlson is much better ... yes we are still going to hk prof allow him to go ...

dd ohh i forgot all abt the flu jab pengz ... did not let my kids have that ... now too late liao ...

amy .... yr bb is hmm S size ... or you diet??? eat more and eat well ok ... for yr bb

hi all sorry for not answering all the questions or so been busy will update more when i come back and hb leave for his next trip soon ...

Hi Atinarin, how are you thanks C is better day by day after the medi AMEN will pray for you too ... take care

Hi Darmae, Amy, Mummyfaith &amp; Magoo,
Does ur little darlings drink lots of water?

Darmae, Amy &amp; Mummyfaith,
During total bf, do u all watch ur diet?

Voice,
Do u mince ur beef?

Row,
Do u brush Shayne's teeth?

Wonder how is atinarin too...

funny76

does summer drink lots of water?? Charlene cao guang one.. only drink gripewater and juice... plain water she drink very little only soothen the throat then drink abit abit so headache... sign

however on n off i would ask my mum to brew china barley water for charlene.. my cl told me is good lor.. my mum put abit of cane sugar just abit only and she drinks lor...

Back