(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

Hi Mummies,
Thanks for sharing ur views on maid.

I'll discuss w hubby. Of course, he prefers a maid so he doesn't ve to mop floor & wash dishes (sometimes only). I guess all guys r lazy sort...

Coolmama,
The gathering is at my plce in Hougang. Of course your girls are welcomed to join. It's this sat at 3pm. I'll pm you my address shortly.
happy.gif
Gee, Zac is so fortunate hahahaha...

Ben Mum,
Congrats!! You must be thrilled to see Ben flip!!

Phoebe,
So sorry to hear your story.. can understand the part on hubby not showing concern.. very hurting..

miraclecraz: is ur room warm? for me, my boy will perspire when abt to fall asleep cos he ll rub face /fidget etc but once asleep will not perspire cos quite cold my room cos my house is on high floor and quite windy at night..

baby doll, u can consider hiring domestic helper to help with cleaning ur house? can ask her come up once a week costing ard $40+ each time. cheaper than maid n no new person staying in ur hse.

hi mummies,
did the apple puree and freeze some in ice trays. but found it's a bit difficult to take them form the tray after taht. any advice? btw, how do u prepare the 'thaw' puree? just add into rice cereal ? if just want to eat puree, how do we warm it then?

btw i am vvv upset now. mil insisted of making nynke to sleep herself while i was yo-yoing her. i told mil its ok an d told her to erst and I'll take care of nynke. but she kept saying no no she'll do it. how to say to her ' she's my baby leh!' anyway, nynke cried and so i carried her up and mil kept standing beside and said she'll make her sleep. it's so awkward moment when i kept hanging on to nynke and she kept standing there and said she those stuff. i have to pass nynke to her then and really i feel like bursting out my tears leh...cannot take it so sms hubby and told him..he's in shanghai now. he said sorry adn will sound his mum out but i know it's useless lah..really sooooo upset!! sorry, venting my frustrations here..

Pooh wei,
So happy you can join us tomorrow!
happy.gif
I pm you my address liao!

Babydoll,
I agree with Wiselyn and ecookie.. infant care more secure..

Pillow, take leave? Better to start solids on a day when PDs are open in case any allergies come up that day or the following day..

Amy.. I feel your anger!!

hi mummies,
re : frozen puree
having problem taking them out from the ice tray..had to scrap them bit by bit.. any advice?
btw, if want to give only puree, how to 'warm it'? if i give with cereal, can just add 'thawed puree' into it right? though i'm mother of 2, i did not give elder one puree cos sister looked after her and gave her porridge then..

venting..
vvv upset just now, in fact now still lah..mil insisted on making nynke to sleep herself while i was yo-yoing her. i told her "its ok i'll do it and u rest." but she said no. nynke cried then and i carried her out from yo yo and mil kept standing beside me, saying she'll take over. i really want to say ' she's my baby'..then those moments were so awkward, me with a crying nynke and she standing beside me. she kept saying to nynke' want to sleep ah..po po make u sleep ok'. i had no choice but to pass nynke to her. that moment i was really so upset leh. sms hubby and told him..did not want to put him in difficult spot but i was really sooo upset lah..hubby said he'll talk to his mum when he comes back tml, but i told him its no use cos mil will always be like this. sorry, venting over here now..

btw mummies,
brought nynke for the 5 mth check and vac yesterday at sbcc. doc also gave her the prevenar 1st jab. although he did tell me b4 that the 1st prevenar jab is at 6th mth but nynke is 5+ mth liao and will 'waste' another trip to go back in 2 wks time..so i agree to give her the jab yesterday. my sisters said i 'heartless' leh..i also dun dare to see her taking the jabs, break my heart seeing her cry. last nite she developed slight fever 37.7 at 1am and i gave her the med and put on fever patch. it went off after that and now i'm still monitoring. am i really 'heartless' ah..to save 1 trip, i made my baby suffer 2 jabs...

Hi Miraclecraz,
Have you tried feeding cereal before milk? Or feed milk halfway then feed cereal, then offer the rest of the milk? If he's not so full, he might want to eat the cereal. Btw, when first introducing cereal, you should put like 1 teaspoon (flat) and mix it with abt 5 teaspoons of milk or until its smooth, and feed with a baby spoon from a bowl. The first few times can be quite messy lor...more comes out of his mouth than what he actually swallows. Just keep trying
happy.gif
You can try to add abit of apple puree too once he's eating the cereal properly and has no allergic reaction.

Hi Babydoll,
I got a maid seeing that both my hubby and I are working and initially we were planning to leave my baby alone with the maid at home. But after seeing the indo maid abusing the 2 month old, I decided that's a risk that I can't take. If anything happens to my precious one, I dun think I can live with myself! So...now sending maid and baby every morning to my SIL's house so that there's someone to oversee the maid.

Hi girls, for playdate tomorrow, let me know if I miss out anyone
happy.gif

1) Jade & Angel + Helper
2) Faith & Mummyfaith
3) Maegan & Darmae
4) Jia Hui & Bubumama + Hubby
5) En En & Poohwei + Hubby
6) Audrey & Jie Jie & Coolmama + Hubby
7) Edison and Emily + Hubby
8) Zac and Bena + Hubby

So happening! We'll have 8 babies..

Amy,
I thought it's more humane to do it all at the same time. Either way he has to take 2 jabs.

Em,
Hee,thanks.. I think his charm no fight with Edison's!! hahaha...

Mummyfaith,
Sorry forgot to reply you. You can take bus 325 from Hougang Interchange. Can't walk lah.. too far. Buangkok mrt-you can walk but it'll be quite a long walk leh..you coming in stroller or baby carrier or sling?

Hi amy,
Re warming puree up, you have to defrost the puree first by taking out of the freezer and putting it overnight in the fridge. Then you can put it into a container/bowl and heat up the bowl in hot water, or put the puree in the microwave oven (some ppl say this destroys some of the nutrients). I usually use hot water, it takes abt 10 mins. Never defrost by using hot water - not sure why though...that's what the book says. If you forget to take it out of the freezer the night before, then take out of the freezer and put outside to defrost in a bowl of tap water and keep changing the tap water.

Re popping out the frozen cubes, I find some trays are just easier to take out the frozen purees than others. Initially I used those funny shaped ones that I used for jelly making and flexible kind from ikea and they were so difficult to come out! I find those normal shaped trays are best. Try not to overfill each cube. Don't use running water to try to melt the purees. I find sticking a small knife in the side to push the puree out helps...and the puree will just pop out.

Hi Bena..
I got your PM, thanks.

Hi amy..
Actually no difference if take 2 jabs separately OR at the same time.. No "savings" in terms of pain.. Cos they will also pain for 2 times.. but we can save one time consultation charge ($50 bucks for PD).. My boy also took 2 jabs at the same time, he was okay leh.. Just a mild fever that subsided after a shot of paracetamol..

Ooohhh!

Jay Gee (Levi’s, Docker’s, Osh Kosh B’Gosh, etc) is having a warehouse sale.

Address: Jay Gee House
10 Genting Lane (Macpherson area)
Dates: 6,7,8 & 9 March.

All days open to public. ALDO will be releasing their off season stocks plus some slightly defective shoes.

Went last year and it was VERY crowded. So if you're not the type to squeeze with people, I suggest you don’t go.

Army

Me let my gal take 2 jabs at one time twice already, in fact u save the no of trips to clinic lessen her being exposed to germs and virus in the clinic too.. no la u are not heartless amy.. be it 2 jabs one time or 1 jab 1 time they need to pain for 2 times too
happy.gif

Babydoll,
Your baby so cute!! Jade loves pumpkin too! So I use pumpkin to make her eat stuff she hates like broccoli and carrots.

Btw, free tmr to come for the gathering?? Vone? ecookie? Miraclecraz? Pillow?

Hehehe! Like its my house!

Hi ecookie,
We on the fan.. I feel ok. Dunno how come Zorian feels so hot judging by the amount of perspiration on his pillow. But we dress him in sleepsuit. not sure if that's the reason.

Hi Angel,
I tried both ways.
1) Feed cereal b4 milk. But he refuses milk later. so tried (2)
2) Feed milk then use remaining for cereal. But cos he refuses milk and time is running out as it gets closer to his next sleep hr.. so we relented n tried (1) again.
Sign.. aiyo...

i actually very gian to go leh. but hor....hb is busy leh. have to discuss with him later.

angel, u make me sad. never ask me....=<

emily, how does ur hb take edison in the car alone? put him behind or in front?

in front my car have air bag leh....cannot. so ur hb put him behind? how to jaga?

Hi Ben Mum..
We put the car seat in front wor.. Dunno abt the airbag leh.. kekeke..

Edison oni sit in the car seat if Daddy drives alone with him.. If I m around, I will carry him and sit at the back..

Hi Angel,
Thanks for inviting. Dun think can make it this time cos got to visit my sis-in-law, she just gave birth last Sat, baby girl, but her baby was hospitalised due to high jaundice level. Hope can join next time.

Thank you for sharing w us making puree, storing, thawing, etc... I find it v useful &amp; informative
happy.gif

angel : i cant make it tom will try to make it to the next outing! told bena abt it already..
happy.gif

miraclecruz: perhaps sleepsuit is abit hot.. think its more for air con room.. is urs mothercare? the material is abit thick..

emily: yah should not put baby seat in front cos of the airbag.. cos mild accident may cause the airbag to trigger which is fatal for babies..

amy: 2 jabs is the same as 1...babies will get over the pain in awhile..as for fever its quite common, alittle paracetamol will do the trick.

and i can totally feel your pain with MIL! if its me, i will just plain refuse and insist i rock my baby to sleep.. i very possessive with the little one.. :p

everytime i reach home from work, i will carry baby straight from my MIL arms and slowly work towards my own room so i can have him all to myself. heh!

but yah better get ur hubby to sound her out so things will improve in future

Re: car ride
Despite hanging toys @ the windows to distract him, my boy can only be entertained for a short while. (sometime i wonder if he has short concentration span !) esp when he's sleepy, he'll struggle to get out by lifting his head up and twisting his body... if leave him alone, he will SCREAM, no choice but to carry him, then he will jump at my lap &amp; laugh if he's not sleepy.
Dun know to train him leh... same for stroller, it becomes a trolley, only for putting the stuff i bought.

baby doll: u can try talking/singing to them?
sometimes it ll work for my boy.. he got distrated n start coo-ing back to me..

at times when he sleepy, he will make noise then i ll pretend to turn away n "falling asleep" he ll stop after seeing me no give him attention n will fall asleep himself soon (with pacifier + beanie of cos).. if he caught me looking at him , he'll start making noise again haha.

sometimes they just want attention from us

Hi mummies

Firstly, thanks for helping with the poll
happy.gif
I like thebuddingreader.com hehee... so far, my friend was saying results seem tie between thebuddingreader and babybookhut. Will let you know when she finally set up her website. She plans to sell classic award-winning children books and to encourage mummies to start reading to their kids. I'm helping her since I'm interested in getting my kid to read too. Wah, didn't know there is so much work to be done to set up online business.

Hi Amy, I can totally empathise. It is really sensitive dealing with MILs especially with regard to baby. There was once baby was crying in my arms and I was trying to comfort him. My MIL just rushed over and scooped him from my arms. Was really upset then. Told my hubby who communicated to my MIL. From then on, she is more careful about my sensitivies. Think luckily, my MIL is quite understanding also
happy.gif
I think it is important that your hubby helps you communicate to your MIL.

RE:Car ride
Caelen is horrible in the car seat. Like a little monster! Will scream his head off and tries to wiggle his way out. Nothing will distract him once he got into his moods.

Babydoll,
You tried a rattle? It works like a miracle for Zac. And rattles can lull babies to sleep too.

ecookie,
Wah your boy so smart. Knows how to "kan lian se"

Angel,
Hahaha.. you are so cute..

Bubumama,
I replied you already.. no need lah.. siao.

Mummies,
My house only got 2 walkers, a rocker, a yaolan and an ABC mat. Those who can bring toys/ walker/ rocker/ bumper mat etc can bring? Else we can all put them on Zac's queen size bed and let them roll abt! I can't imagine the sight! Bring your cameras!
happy.gif

Ben Mum, ecookie, really wish you can join us!

but bena, very pai sei leh.....if really don't want, then tks 1st hor.

sure must remember to bring my camera, want to hv pic of all babies....must be real cute.

Dunno if you all can read this. It's an article by Dr Sears on sleeping titled 31 Ways To Help Your Baby Get To Sleep(And Stay Asleep) Easier. Btw, Dr Sears propagates attachment parenting.. the other end of the spectrum. Think reader needs to register as member to read his article. Registration is free though.

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/7/T070300.asp

pls pls tke lots of pics of cute cute babies, to post in forum !!!! for the benefit of mummies like me who can't make it
sad.gif

emily,

me,clement and clara have ful day full of activities tomolo...so we would not be able to join...although we would love to...

Took my gal for her last jab today, pd rub the alcohol on her thighs, she cry already, and he commnted that she's got a good memory, coz she knows that she is getting the injection next. Hehehe.

Yup yup, please take lots of photos ok! Wish I can join even though I don't BF anymore.. would love to meet you girls
happy.gif

Maybe one day we all can have la kopi.. I'm always a tai-tai on weekends coz hubby shoots weddings..

ecookie,
No use, i put pillows to create fortress also, she can kick it away/down. THink only can put her on bed when we are around.

Gee,
so fun you all can have the gathering. =P
Hope you all enjoy yourself yeah! and yesh... do share pics! Love to see all the babies lying next to next..hehe

fau,
yeah you are right! kopi with wailing babies at the background... quite a nightmare ah?? haha...
after this BF soup get-together, why don't we all organise another gathering?? hehe.. sorry ah, i excuse myself from this soup tasting gathering cos, me can't take pork =)

So happy this morning when Dahlia sat down without tumbling over for 15 minutes. After that she surrender and start to senget a bit :D think it's the final countdown to kickstart my puree-ing career haha!

1273377.jpg

yupyup siti, a la kopi gathering.. where there's lots of couches
happy.gif

fau,
if it actually happens, the whole cafe will close shop for us... all customers will run away!

hehe...dahlia is so adorable. she reads the "first foods" too? how cute..

Back