(2007/07) July 2007 MTBs

Ahem... must change my tagline now to:
Poasting is Sharing! (regulars will always remember this tagline from my previous posts!)

Consumed with guilt that I might not be doing enough for Little Man (LM), I've taken up a homeshooling mum's advise to "montessori" up our home for LM.

Open shelves for everything - books, toys, etc. Organise toys into related boxes. Music box, paint box, puzzle box, ball box, etc. Everything has a place and is in place!

We've been doing some odd versions of the M-Method here and there, but after speaking to my friend and reading up more, decided we could tweak our methods to stimulate LM more.

He's now picking up on putting his toys away and in their right boxes. Sometimes, he'll do it without prompting, which is always rewarded with crazy amount of praise!

And, now with his books (LM does love his reading, thanfkully), he'll quite happily take books off the shelve himself to read.. which gives me some time to cook and clean!!!!!! (see my ulterior motive??Wahaha!)

Also, reading The Happiest Toddler on the Block to help out with some "sprited" challenges that LM throws our way (read Terrible Twos simmering!). Lots of great tips in there, have a read if you guys have some time to spare.
(i read his Happiest Baby on the Block book and enjoyed it tremendously!).

Oh, and LM is enjoying a bit of imaginative play with "Rasta Rabbit" (think Jamaican speaking Rabbit, thanks to his father's great sense of humour!). Rasta Rabbit (hey man, how you doing man?!!) reads books and points out things to Mama for Jack and Rast Rabbit "helps Mama" with putting things away, etc.

Ok, enough poasting!

Btw, I have never felt offended by anyone's post about their kid's development (notice choice of word, development versus achievement!).

You take what is good for you, and leave what's not right behind. Simple. I find when you guys contribute what you're doing with your kids, it FUELS my imagination and determiniation to want to do more for LM! How can that possibly be a bad thing!

Hi TinselElf, YolkSac.. You can find the animal figurines at ToysRUs@Forum.. I've bought a pack of farm animals and a pack of jungle animals from there.. Pretty cheap.. Less than $10 bucks for each pack..

Jules!
Wahaha!! If Bcube reads your post, she'll tell you that I'm always advocating for all messy activities to be cordoned to the bathroom!!! Even feeding!!!!!!

LM does all his wet play and self-feeding in the kitchen ( and I lock us in!) so the mess is contained! Tiles on the wall and on the floor makes easy clean up!

Helper-less mums do what they have to do, hor Jillian?!!! (my fellow-bathroom mummy!)

Hi Tinsel,

No offence taken. No worries. Just hope you will not misunderstood that i am belittling my boy. Actually he had learnt alot of things by himself but just like jules said, no point listing all here. Thanks for sharing the venue. Will definately consider there as your girl's celebration looked great!

And Susu is right. So many nice mummies here. Good to know tis..
happy.gif

Agree to this as well :

Btw, I have never felt offended by anyone's post about their kid's development (notice choice of word, development versus achievement!).

You take what is good for you, and leave what's not right behind. Simple. I find when you guys contribute what you're doing with your kids, it FUELS my imagination and determiniation to want to do more for LM! How can that possibly be a bad thing!

Good post!!

hi ELfy, Tinsel,

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR THE INFO ON ROSEOLA!

the very next day after i mentioned it here, she broke out in a rash!!
and it's everything you said it wld be..
the rash doesnt seem to bother her at all.. and shes back to her cheerful self! thank heavens!

ive not had time to read the rest of the thread, been looking up the website you mentioned Elfy!
so useful. what excellent information.
in fact, ash just had her MMR done abt 2 weeks before she got ill!!
amazing!

Elize, wht a yummy log cake! you shld have a chit chat with Yolk, shes a huge baker and darn good at it too! her cakes are the yummiest!

oh, and abt boasting and poasting, i see nothing wrong with it..
if we cant do it here, where can we do it??
i was not offended by anyones posts at all..
i think mums are naturally sensitive and it's very normal to compare and feel like why havent i done this or im not doing tht..
i went thru it badly too,... ended up signing up for Julia Gabriel and felt sooo much better after i did! INSANE. i am NUTS!

i guess, the point is to find a middle ground where boasting is allowed within reason and sensitivity controlled?
on tht note, if ive ever said anything to hurt anyone (havent been in this forum in AGES) i'm VERY SORRY!

it's very easy to misread things in here!

susu, HUGGGGGGGGG

I just need to clarify one of my lines:
You take what is good for you, and leave what's not right behind.

Not right doesn't mean wrong!

Just simply "not right" for you and your child!

thread's alive! once again! and oddly thanks to the weird stopboasting character :p

boasting/poasting (copyrights by bedebe!) - i am fine with sharing accomplishments etc. just do it sensitively and not indirectly belittle or undermine other pp's efforts in trying to teach their kids. this was my main point, and was in response to just one particular post. agree with susu - we are all generally very civilised and nice mummies here
happy.gif

this thread has pressurised me into doing more for xy too.. like letting her join LNT, and pushing me to engage her in more activities etc. and that is DEFINITELY a good thing cos if not, i wld be the slackest mummy ard
happy.gif

amber, hope ash gets better soon. roseola looks scarier than it actually is. heh. btw, is ash in JG playclub already? how is it? mind sharing the way the class is structured and what activities they do there? brought xy for playnest trial abt 3 mths ago and was kinda disappointed actually. the JG staff did say that playclub classes are a lot more structured.

susu, haha i dont think my MIL will find it very amusing if i put xy in the toilet to feed!!! but worth a thot! maybe i shld put her in the corridor instead then can just use a water hose to wash all the gunk off after she's done destroying her surroundings :p

tinsel, oh yes i also thot the music cld have been louder! krissa's really a gd girl to have stayed in ur arms the whole hr. xy actually started falling asleep after 25min so i had to plunk her on the floor to let her walk ard and wake up! after that she refused to be confined to my chair and wanted to go all the way in front to the stage.

tai sing is the combi distributor in sg, and is located along north bridge road. dun have actual address, but its somewhere near bugis area. if u are ok with china made animals, u can get really real looking ones from there, and cheap too! maybe 8-9 medium sized animals for abt 6-7 bucks? got fence and farm backdrop somemore. hehe

good morning mummies!

hee...just got out of bed...that's wat happens when you're up at 3plus...actly i think it's cos veve's bedtime is still not shifted back to normal...she KOs at 1045 and we're not actively bringing it forward to earllier what with all the late night shopping and social activities :p

so you see...veve KOs at 11, i take an hour to clear up the sink and to prepare her food for the next day, did one load of laundry and then when it was time to shower, but then it was time for the super HAPPY tutera party show- it was barbie last night which we're having on christmas eve...and somehow things dragged on and there was so much peace to do my own stuff with veve asleep....sometimes you really feel like such peace is so precious...it's such a waste to sleep :p

yolk sac, jules...there's another combi fork set which comes with a dessert bowl. this fork is much smaller...the edges are rounded so limited danger unless if they decide to jab the fork right into their eyes

july baby...yah...shud bring him down asap. btw you live in the east too?

eliz...wow...lovely cake! you could've fooled me! you sure it wasn't bot off somewhere :p

jules...i find that if i have some little food plus something sticky to hold it together...this makes for the best self-feeding food. e.g. cereal with cheerios, banana mash plus raisins. the mashy bit helps the food stick to the spoon while the small food gives them a goal...what to pick up to eat.

i do get panicky once veve starts stirring her food. i actually let her use those cheapo short spoons from daiso (colour animal pack of 9) which she loves...this way the extent of her fling/damage is limited compared to regular baby spoons :p and yes, when i give her bix in a bowl...after sometime, the bowl ends up as her hat :| i too tot i'd let her feed herself in the toilet...but that'd be too mean la :p

yolksac...i too have a fren who used to squat and read off the job adverts which she'd laid to catch the food her boy would fling, wondering if it may be better if she started looking for a job rather than be a sahm...

sometime ago, someone mentioned abt stripster babes :p just 2 mornings ago, i woke to find veve out of her jammies only in her nappies! and when i did a rhethorical ask abt why you did that....she launched into a long babblish answer which dad believes she took a long time to construct considering the expressiveness of her explanation. faint! now i do get her to undress herself (she loves taking her socks off anyway) and i'm teaching her to put on her clothes on her own.

abt #2...FAINT! i had a scare just! i had sleepless night but was tested negative :p then it came with such a splash :| we were both so worried...i'm not ready for another if ever. i just wanna spend time with veve. i'm not sure how i can cope with another baby...how can i love both equally...

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!! i hear my name being summon!!!!

xmas party?????????? NOW????????????? ITS 17th dec already babes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u gals really wan one???

been busy with the ID hunting... just came back from jakarta with Koala alone!! I TELL U GALS!!!! I ALMOST DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not from accident.. from the Extreme Blood Vommiting... hauhauhauha but then!! i had a good time shopping there... still.. all Kaelyn's stuff!

when i was in jakarta... can u imagine my milk monster actually refuses milk the ENTIRE TRIP! morning day n nite... she just turn away her mouth from the milk bottle! i almost broke down!

BUT THE irony was that the min we touch down in sgp.. she drink her milk wholeheartedly! i almost wanted to "strangle" her...........

it was a lifetime experience THAT I DUN WISH TO REPEAT anytime soon!!! hahahahaha

Yeah!! talking about good stuff to share.. I do have 1 product..... and i think every single ladies here wear them constantly....... but not sure if u gals intested...

*tested personally and found it good!*

Oh! i am not poasting now.... BUT i notice that when K learn a new things... IT GETS More incorrect by the day!!!!! i wan to faint!

for example.. she knows how to say ice cream! BUT recently these few days.. she go ICE COLD instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and now.. all four legged animals are COW to her! somebody shoot me please!! no matter how many times i go no kaelyn.. thats a dog! She go "COWWWWWWWWWWWWW" happily to me.. *faint*

oh.. now i know whats her fav character... MICKEY MOUSE! she goes.. *MOUSE!!!!!!!* when she see any mickey mouse stuff toys or cards or whatsoever...

self feeding : k like to snatch her fork away from me now... but i still guide the fork into her mouth... so call self feed with a tiny bit of aid! hahahah but she enjoys it.. so i just carry on doing that... hehe

bedebe, how did u manage to sleep in till 12? u are alone with veve right? doesnt she try to drag u up to play once she wakes up?

veve's so cute! what kind of PJs does she wear? is it the pull over the head kind, or the button down kind? she even managed to take off her pants?? amazing! xy only knows how to pull off shoes and socks, and pull off her sweater once i undo the zip or buttons for her.

re #2 - i share ur thots. i cant seem to find enough time for xy already.. where in the world am i gonna find enough time for 2?? of cos not forgetting the biggest bb of all - my husband. bleagh.

mummies with 2 kids already (namely, NOR) - is it really possible to love both kids equally? its just that i look at xy now, and my goodness, feel so much love for her that i cant imagine loving another child with the same ferocity.

Hiya!!!!!!!!
how's everybody? Just popin to say hi
happy.gif

no time to read the post yet... kinda active these days huh?

share some pic of slim down Jo after recover from sickness...

1990782.jpg
1990783.jpg

Yolk
Amber say u are a great baker. Do share simple recipes with me when u free?
I'm a newbie and has just started to attend classes at Phoon Huat
happy.gif

Jules
I so feel the same way!! Not sure if i shd have no 2 coz i'm afraid i don't have that much love to give!!

bedebe
My logcake looks that good?? Don't make me happy ah!
I'm bringing this for a xmas party this wkend.

My Minie mouse says HI to all aunties...
1990939.jpg

<font color="ff0000">peck!</font> how are you babe? oh my, Jo looked so super slim.. *hugs*
that pics you post somehow made it looked as if there are 2 Jos! hah! imagine Jo x 2!

<font color="0000ff">Jules</font>
on whether we as mothers are able to love equally..

I guess Lis being the first will always be extra special in her own ways that she made me become a mother and made me do a lot of things for the first time.

Wairah is special in her own way in that she complements Lis and makes Lis grow up to be more independent and responsible; while Lis pampers and loves Wairah to bits.

tough to answer but to be very honest, its difficult to be equal/fair because of the different demands (from different age). So to be equal/fair in loving them both is not an easy task, i would say its almost impossible to be fair lah.
however on that note, as parent, as a mother in particular, its about loving them more and more each day while trying to strike a balance of quality time between the 2.

i am a little torn sometimes when i have to spend solo quality time with either one, but its much needed and its important that each child spend some private time with me for development and bonding. sometimes when i'm out with Lis, i think of Wairah at home. Likewise if i take Wairah for playdate with her same-age frens, I will think of Lis.

Of course now that they are able to communicate, i bring them out together as they are able to play together and enjoy each other's company.
Hence I don't have to miss one while spending time with another. Yay!!
It should get better to handle them when they are older and having said that - i think its a good time for ALL of you to think of number 2.. yes??
Do I hear an Amen???

<font color="0000ff">Irene</font>
babe, you survived! and i believe you can do it even before you left for Jkt..
your mini-me still as chubby despite the overseas milk-protest le!

eh share la abt your good lobang on the ahem..

<font color="0077aa">Eliz</font>
your log cake does look good lah! too bad i can't sample..
your little minnie mouse sure look sweet!

<font color="ff0000">Yolk Sac!!!</font>
babe, i finally remembered the very thing i wanted to ask you for so many days already!

that time when you bought the drying machine thingy to dry your placenta, what was is called? still remember how much? TIA
happy.gif

Hi Mummies
Please keep your todd's development, learnings and fave activities coming. I do learn a lot from all the poasting for sure (sharing=caring) and give me some ideas on some of the activities that I can do with my todd. Else, where on earth will mummies like us get any update on our todd's – that is uniquely Jul’s babies.

Just to share alittle on some outdoor activities, I brought my girl to some veg farm with talking parrots and koi fishes in CCK weeks back. My girl seems to enjoy the company of talking parrots and feeding the fishes (fish feed 50cents per pack). Also brought her to the goat farm to feed the goats. She seems to enjoy these activities more than her visit to the birdpark and zoo (maybe too much to see???) and no more paying expensive entry fee for that short 1-2hrs.

Explore different farms in kranji – veg, frog, goat, etc
http://www.kranjicountryside.com/

Kranji farm stay – featured on news weeks back
http://www.dkranji.com.sg/

Other kiddo’s friendly places to go in Spore
http://seenthisscenethat.blogspot.com/2008/06/fun-places-for-kids-to-visit-in.html

Nor
Thanks for sharing. I sense your dilemma back then and happiness now.
I guess now they are older, its easier to "share" mummy eh?

Hahaha.. I'm not fishing for compliments hor. but really am happy with the result.
Was worried as the making of swissroll is so daunting!

I also yet to taste it. Will tell u after i eat on sat okie?

Let's organise another meet up soon and i will make sure some for u
happy.gif

Planning to make mini ones to give to frds and colleagues.

wowsers! it feels like a year ago again.. and the thread is JUMPING!!

helllooooooooo everyone!
woohooooooooo

PECK!!! how you babe? Jolovan is soo big now!

Irene, the pics of Kaelyn soo cute!

Eliz, your dd is adorable! she looks really Eurasian!

Elfy, i enjoy reading your posts! i just wrote down the address of the fish farm! danke!

NOR!! AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!!
I'M OFF THE PILL.... but considering how tough things were conceiving Ash.. it might take a while for us!
i was just having this discussion with my older sis..
how to be equal whn no. 2 comes?!

and i think it wont be equal.. we all over do everything with the first.. and i cant imagine having to go back to work whn no 2 is here.. if Ash goes to sch in the morning and i go to work.. whn i get back home, She'll be home too and i wont have alone time with either!

just wanna say Ashley is behaving sooo badly!
terrible twos rearing it's UGLY head!

<font color="aa00aa">Elfy</font>
thanks for sharing! *wink*

<font color="0000ff">Eliz</font>
i'm sure any made from scratch goodies will taste good since its made with TLC!

Ermm.. Poasting is ok, but strictly no Spoasting (Spam + Boast-post) ok!

nor: I think it's a dehydrating machine? Bcube and I bought our machines at Tangs. I can't recall how much it was - probably around $180 (that's the random number that's coming up in my brain). Can use it to make healthy snacks like apple chips, banana chips, placenta chips (haha, just joking).

Elfy: Thanks for those tips! Great ideas!

Eliz: Your log is gorgeous!!! So so nice. What is the frosting? Plain whipped cream? Amber is too kind lah. I am a beginner baker but I do enjoy it a lot so I've started to practice more and more and am definitely getting better over time. How are the classes at Phoon Huat? Any good? I mainly take classes at Shermay's but am signed up for a cupcake fondant decoration class at Bake it Yourself in Feb. A great source for recipes is the Allrecipes.com website - have made some yummy desserts using recipes from there.

Jules: Haha no No 2 for me for a while yet! Thinking of trying around the middle of next yr. Want to enjoy my figure for a few months first, haha yes, I'm a bimbo! Ash and Ems start Playclub only in Jan 09 when they hit 18 months. What did you not like about Playnest? I think it's quite structured and I like the fact that there is routine without too much repetition - about 20 mins for free play, then 20 mins for storytelling/songs/skits, some time for outdoor play (rotating between sand play, water play and playground play), wash up and snack time, followed by closing songs.

Bedebe: Thanks! Will look out for the fork! Haha stripster veve is so cute! The most Ems will take off is her socks...so far, that is. Haha your friend who reads the ads off the newspaper? That's a classic SAHM-FTWM moment right there!
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Amber!!</font>
hmmmm.. i am reminded of beautiful Dortmund City of Deutschland when i read your Danke!!
happy.gif

eh Jules, sorry babe just realised you asked me abt JG. i start in Jan!
but ive been to the classes there (brought my niece) and i found them, both playnest and playclub really excellent!

they have a good system going.. and fantastic materials, but i must say, a school is only as good as its teachers!
you cld have seen/had a not so great teacher!

also, i think JG is one of the best in town.. many mums have tried and tested and JG is still the verdict. but it's EX!!!
i really wanted to try GUG or something, but i decided on JG anyway. i'm just starting and see how i feel.. can always quit after a term... if JG sucks, i'm going for GUG!

we're down for tues and thurs and 430pm.

<font color="ff0000">Yolk Sac</font>
i will not officially use <font color="ff0000">red</font> for you cos you simply look HOT sista!

ahh.. yah the dehydrating machine! i just could not remember the name lah.. placenta chips sounds good as an alternative to your placenta pills - idea for no 2?? hah!

<font color="ff6000">Amber</font>
*choir* Amen!
i'm ok lah dear, could always be better..
my boss is now in Germany, hence he's not breathing down my neck to get updates of dev work every other hour!
lucky he decided he should go instead of sending his protege (moi!) to go thru that dreadful 14-hour trip..

Yolksac
Its plain whipped cream then sprinkle some coco on top
But the log has apple puree and hazel nut cream
happy.gif

You want recipe? I can email you..
Thanks for sharing the website. I will check it out!
Phoon Huat: So far so good. No complains. Or shd i say cannot compare coz yet to try out other classes.
I have tried making MMF to decor cupcakes. Alot work but very satisfing results.

Nor
I'm lost. Drying machine thingy to dry your placenta? Placenta is what huh?
Not what i'm thinking for sure..

nor, thanks for sharing. very poignant. now i am even more worried abt being a bad mummy when no 2 comes along.

eliz, megan is sooo pretty!!! love her striking features and huge eyes! and i see she likes to squat too?? what's with all the squatting ah?? xy likes to squat too much for my comfort, and will order us to dun1 zhe4 (squat in chinese) as well!!

peck, aiyo jo lost weight ah!! heart pain leh.. but still as good looking as before if not more
happy.gif

amber, baby dust to u!! gd luck in TTC!
happy.gif
thanks for ur info re playnest/playclub. actually am keen on trying out at least a trial for playclub cos if so many mummies are giving the thumbs up for JG, there must be a reason!

yolksac, think i'm probably a very ks mummy cos i didnt like that playnest was all abt play play play heh
happy.gif
found that we were doing similar stuff at home too, just not in that structured a way. so didnt find it worth the while enrolling her in it. maybe it was a lousy teacher that day. apparently playclub has more structured learning incorporated into the programme, besides free play, and that sounded more appealing to me cos i didnt really wanna pay so that she can just play heh. cheapo mummy :p

weird.. the 1st one got posted.. second one file.. always happens with me..

that's Ash with her friend Kiara whos in pri 1!

Nor, good thing youre here.. you wldnt wanna be in Germany.. brrrr
at one point you were on the verge of having to make a major move? was tht supposed to be germany?

yolk, as much as i love you, but the whole idea of eating your own placenta is gross.
er, bcube, didnt you do the same?

amber, ash looks like such a big gal already! and did she lose some wt?? remember she used to be a lot chubbier!

eliz, errr it is really placenta as in the thing that provided our babies the nourishment they needed for the 9 mths?? if i'm not wrong, bcube and yolksac were the brave souls who made their placenta into pills and ate them. supposed to be good for complexion and anti-aging or something?? pls correct me if i'm wrong.

Jules, erm.. i think she just shot up. she's quite tall.
yeah man Ash used to be a real porker!
but even now she's on the 97th percentile.. for everything! weight too! aiyohhh

thank you for dusting me my friend.. am gonna need it!

Oh my!!!! This is the 1st i'm learning abt this.

Yolksac
Really? Eat your own placenta? How did you get your placenta in the 1st place??

Amber
Ash looks very eurasian too. Is she?

Jules
Megan's 1/4 eurasian. Luckily she's looking more like my side. Oop!
Megan likes to sit at edges more!! When we go shopping, she will want to sit at the edges of the railings or at some window display.

amber, really? 97th percentile even for wt? she doesnt look it at all! was thinking she looks just nice now. xy is still chubby chubby heh heh..

eliz, u can ask to bring home ur placenta when u deliver leh. jsut that most chinese mummies dont. oic no wonder she doesnt look 100% chinese. cldnt put my finger on it.

Placenta
yes <font color="0000ff">Eliz</font>, as <font color="ff6000">Jules</font> explained earlier, it is what you think it is
happy.gif

perhaps <font color="ff0000">Yolksie</font> can refresh our memories of how she had a "mini production plant" of producing capsule (no less!) of placenta?

On that note, i would invest in the dehydrator machine only if there is demand for placenta chips from the thread.. anyone??

<font color="ff6000">Amber!</font>
Ash is so grown up! compared to Wairah, Ash looks like she is way older.. and she's getting prettier, just like mommy!

yeah i wouldn't want to be in brrrr.. cold germany now.. and in fact my boss did say that i don't have to go unless absolutely necessary. yay!!

Elfy,
Wow! Thanks a lot for all the information about MMR side effects. Am still holding on to bringing S for the jab... just started her on egg-whites today to prepare for the MMR jab.

hello all mummies! have been lurking around..ke ke..
S is not saying alot but good enough for me as she still surprises me everyday =)

Eliz: Yes please! If you don't mind (and PH doesn't mind) sharing the recipe, please send it to me at [email protected] - mine won't be as pretty as yours tho. You got a good touch gal! I can see that from the pic.

Placenta: Yes, my husband made placenta pills using my placenta and I ate them. Not sure I'd do it again for No 2 though. I broke out after the delivery, probably not related to the placenta, but I didn't feel like it did much for me. We'll see lah. I hear there's good money for placenta pills as pple believe it keeps them looking young etc. Haha. But please please please, all you silent lurkers (you know who you are!), don't PM me asking me how it's done - at one point, I was dealing with 10 emails per day asking me how to process placenta and with pple offering me money to do theirs for them. I am not a placenta processing plant, people!
happy.gif
Basically, ask the hospital to keep yours, freeze it until you have some time, then cut off the long bit and veiny bits (you'll know what I mean when you see it), then cut into small pieces and steam until soft. Then dehydrate them until brittle, then crush into powder, then fill your capsules using a capsule machine (I bought mine from the US and sold it to bcube), then voila! Placenta pills. Ok, no PMs please!! It's all here.

i'm sure you will make a good mother of 2 or 3 or 4! *gasp* but seriously, we wouldn't know what we can handle until that what-ever is shoved to our face. here of course the what-ever means the kiddos lah.. hahah!
babe, you have a good partner and supportive parents and in-laws, that altogether is reason enough to have another XY! yes?

<font color="ff0000">Yolksie</font>
you're too funny lah! but really your processing of your placenta was very professionally done. i'm not surprised by the floods of emails asking you abt the placenta.
eh not bad for a career change le.. you have another option than just bake - have a placenta processing plant?

harlooo mummies!

was so fed up! a big toddler girl refuses to let lucas play with anything at the playground, screams cannot! and pushed him down! luckily i was behind to catch hold of him. poor boy was stunned and so upset and i've never seen him sob so sadly.

cheok mamaa,
hey dun get stressed up! *HUGS* how's shayne? are u having your meals with him? well, i also "force" lucas back onto the high chair for meals, and it seems that he enjoys eating, if i feed him with my food as well. or maybe both u and shayne can get out to have some fresh air and have some meals outside home?
happy.gif

lucas is still on the light side, 9.4kg, see, he was given B12 vitamin by PD yesterday when we went for vaccination.

bedebe,
wahhaa, veve is so cute! how did she manage to undress all! oh man, lucas can high-5 with veve, he sleeps at 11plus too! what time does veve get up in the morning?
and regarding naps, lucas is only taking an hour or so per day, if i'm lucky, he naps for 2 hours!

yolk,
wow a "placenta-making biz"?? :p

yolksac, ooh that's really detailed... let me go stick my head in the toilet bowl now... heh heh. sorry ah, i'm not really much of a placenta fan. that aside, i found it very hilarious that pp actaully offered u money to process their placenta!!!! wa biang.. did u even bother replying those pp??

nor, thanks for ur encouragement. the thought of another xy isnt too pleasant actually. i cld do with a little angel who's a dream to feed/put to sleep and does exactly what i tell her to do and stays where i ask her to stay. :p

btw, anybody's tods still biting them or pulling their hair? xy has been doing it to me very often these days, no matter how i scold/smack her. she seems to find it very fun, but never does it to anybody else. it's just me. my ILs and parents have also obseerved that she misbehaves more when i am around, and tends to act up/throw tantrums more often. was wondering if she is just doing all those cos she knows it gets my attention, and if that's true, cld it be because i've not been spending enough time with her? *guilty*

nana, oh dear a playground tyrant!! did u go up and gently chide the girl or at least glare at the mother/caregiver??

<font color="119911">nana..</font> oh dear! playground bully? chey!
is Lucas taking it ok now? i hope he have better luck next time at the pg.

just to vent my frustrations
i damn hate those ppl who let their children play without guidance at the pg in particular.. and i personally know some ppl who let their kid(s) go to the pg with other (so called elder)kiddos without even accompanying them!
they claim that got frens to play what? i mean i'm sorry if i sound too protective but i cannot comprehend how can a 7 or 9 yo child look after a kid who is 3yo?!

to be honest, i wouldn't want a child to be as your idea - a little angel who's a dream to feed/put to sleep and does exactly what i tell her to do and stays where i ask her to stay
too robotic and a little too scary lah..

on biting, wairah likes to bite her thumb/fingers. and it started like i think last week or 2 weeks back. i told her its dirty and she show me her fingers and said "tee" and cond to bite! Arghhh!!

nor, ok ok i take part of it back. hope no 2 will be a dream to feed and have no sleep issues at all. ie opposite of its sister. heh heh
happy.gif
too guai1 also no gd eh?

jules: i've got my figurines from tai sing
happy.gif
cheap &amp; big...only $6.90 per packet before 20% discount...ended buying some wild &amp; farm animals and ocean creatures. thanx!!!

eliz: cutee minnie mouse u've got there
happy.gif
will sms u tmr abt the puzzle &amp; hk cookies.

nana: i've noticed a couple of times in my estate that the kids without adult supervision at the playground are usually accompanied by their maids. juz that all the maids would group together &amp; chit chat at one corner and leave the kiddos alone to play and fend for themselves.

pg bullies: i can vividly recall one recent incident when me &amp; claire brought our kiddos to children's garden for playdate. an ang moh toddler shoved krissa when my girl tried to take the watering can on the ground. all the time this girl would shout no!no!no! and if my girl had a pail, this same toddler would come and snatch it from her!! there was no adult in sight looking after the girl. it was only later that i knew that it was her maid (sitting ever so comfortably under the shade, on the bench) who brought her to the garden. its so sad really to see kids misbehave but no one to correct and guide them along. can tell tat my girl was initially quite upset and taken aback but she didn't let it get in her way of having fun.

hi mummies. suddenly the thread is so active.

Hv been reading the posts few days ago but did not last nite and today so many postd.

Jules,dun think so early theu know how to self feed by using a spoon. When they are ready they will ask it from you and you will have no choice but to let them try on their own and confirm it will be a mess
happy.gif

hi sausagemuffin, my girl take one nap a day aro 11am till 2pm and by 9pm she will ko. My girls sleep very early at nite before 10pm but they wake up early too aro 8plus even on weekends.

Oh gathering. I dun mind leh. I have not been joining oni once when we were pregnant. I will be on leave from 24dec onwards till 2jan haha.

hi bedebe, still remember me
happy.gif

Cheylssa weight aro 11kg and she always want to eat after every milk. so scare she will become overwight when she grow up.

Oh this morning before i went to work i told Cheylssa that i am going to work later and she nob her head. So i said bye to her and she waved back. I am so surprised bcos normally she will cried and will ask me to carry her. Maybe she really know i will be back for her after my work
happy.gif

err.. Ash is 11+++ kgs too!
Ashley still sleep before 730pm!! and she gets up at 730am!
she still needs her 2 naps in the day..
an hour at 930am and abt 2hrs at 130pm,

Yes, Eliz, Ash is Eurasian,..
both my hb and i are Eurasian but completely different mixes!
hb mostly chinese 1/4 English and i'm.. well.. i'm a mix of plenty of things..
i guess hb and i wldnt be considered REAL eurasians.. we're the hybrid east meets west rojaks!
heeee

And...WOW WOW WOW!

Thread is alive! It took me a full 20 minutes to read through...lotsa stuff happening huh?!

Jumping Bean
did I hear Renee being emntioned? haha! Nor you can send Wairah over anytime. Rene is a champion jumper! I dont know what I ate while I was preg with her but she can jump even before she can crawl! And now its really funny coz when I ask her to jump, she will stop whatever she is doing to show...heehee...

Meal time seating or Running?
I advocate for the sitting! This is something I am very firm with. Initially R will be strapped to her high chair and I will let her watch TV while eating..it was so easy UNTIL there came a point when she is so engrossed she forgot to chew and will hold the food in her mouth for a long long time and then refuse to swallow and eat. So I decided enough of that and make her sit at the dining table with me and I will eat my meal with her. That means now this mummy's lunch is at 11am and dinner at 6pm! Siao! Was telling Hb the timing so kampong lah! By 9pm i will be famished!

Poasting
I love reading about the things that the bubs can do! Its fun coz most of the bubs I have known since infant and it always amazes me at how fast they grow..so POAST away mummies!

Nor,
HTML lessons please! I forgot how to make my potst colorful lah!

Jules
yes yes..Susu is very proud to tell us she feeds LM in the toilet sometimes and have photos as proof! haha!

Yolk,
so tell us..how many PM about the placenta process by now? hiak hiak hiak...

Back