(2007/05) May 2007 MTB

My girl, though abit slow, can finally walk on her own now. However, yesterday fell down twice, one on her knee and the other on her face. This morning two blue-black...of course she cried more when fell on her face...hope the blue-black will go away soon, otherwise, not pretty already for a girl...'sign'

sanrio

Oh, you mean Cher still refuses the bottle till now? Woah, she's quite determined huh? Hehe! Mine at first rejected, but took NUK teats well. However now, he can take whatever teat I give, phew!

sgn
Oh tat's what I do too! In fact I surf the net each time he slept, hehe. Being the net addict that I am :p

Janet
Wow, congrats to your little gal! you mean blue-black on her face? Oh dear...next time (if u haven't already), massage quickly then put some ice pack there. Blue black on forehead also pretty normal lah - should go away within 2 days
happy.gif

smalldreams,
thanks for your tips.

BTW, I am thinking of buying a munchkins grinder. Any mummies know of a cheap source?

jeanyard, lovedogs, cheezel
#2 birth is no doubt faster and more painful (coz I didn't have epidural for both births..not by choice but as I was almost fully dialated so no pt having epi). Not to mention the super sore back...it's worse this time round.

I remembered telling everyone that #2 is my last. Don't want to be a rolly polly clumsy COW again. And during #2 labour, I told myself that this is my last time going thru such pain...never again. But I think the euphoria of having ur newborn in your arms somehow have an erasing effect on mommies' brains.

Now that #2 is 1 yr...I'm less resistant abt having #3. So jeanyard...don't speak too soon...you'll never know.

About disciplining your toddlers...I've tried the cane, smacking hands and butts...but they don't really work. So I did what the childcare do...they use the "silent" chair. It's like a "naughty" corner. If the kid is naughty, they'll be belted onto the chair and forbidded from participating in their fav games etc until they agree to behave.

I created a "silent" room at home...if my #1 misbehaves, I'll put her in that room. I'll talk to her and explain why she's placed there...that what she did was wrong or dangerous....and make her apologies or not to repeat the act again.

Of course kids will be kids...they're bound to forget and do it again. So you need to be consistent. As for #2, "ignorance is bliss"...just ignore his throwing act. No reaction from us (he enjoys seeing us pick up stuff out of frustration), he'll grow bored and move on to something else.

lovedogs
my kids' coverlooks shots
1526811.jpg
1526812.jpg

cheezel
Ya, dats why some x really angry n find it amusing at the same time :p But I agree at tis age, they really 1/2 know, 1/2 dunno. So teach we must, but no point being too persistence .. I am becoming more n more patient nowadays i tink
happy.gif

sgn, smalldreams,
cher still on tbf, fully latch, i dun noe how to wean her off.

mommypoh,
ur kids are so lovely n nice pics.

here's recent pics of my kids:
my girl at 14m still got no hair, haiz...
1526921.jpg
1526922.jpg

MommyPoh

gosh yr kiddos are so cute! Such round eyes yr girl has
happy.gif

Sanrio

Cher, nevermind, no hair but look at her cutie cheeks! Full TBF and so chubby
happy.gif

Aww, you're an experienced mummy, am sure you'll find a way soon. But cher sleeps thru the night right? My adam still wakes up to comfort-latch! And recently, hungry too - if my BM is too little, I'll give him formula and he finishes about 180 ml in the middle of the night.

Has any baby gone for MMR - 15 mths yet?

smalldreams,
tks. yes cher slp tru d nite since abt 2mth+ old. recently she wake up once at bat 3-4am perhaps due to teething but i dun bf her, cos wori it wld becum a habit.

Janet
There's a BP gg on for munchkins stuff & grinder.
kao_smile.gif

mommypoh
nice shots of ur kids. Gal so demure.

sanrio
Both ur kids takes after u. Cher chubby chubby de, cute cute.

smalldreams
bbK took her MMR jab last mth. If fever arises, will only come in after a wk. So muz monitor. By any chance u oso naqia?

mum@work
Isetan scotts is having 20% on munchkin products..so if u are nearby..u can consider buying from there..cos by the time u add in postage..not much cheaper leh..

I just went to buy the single serving formular dispenser

mommypoh,
nice pix!!

yes 'silent chair' is also known as time-out. That's what i'm slowly implementing with Josh. When he can talk and communicate better with language, i will apply choice theory to teach him. I learned this when i was teaching delinquents many years ago and it's really effective and will teach kids to have personal responsibility and self control.

My friend uses this method to discipline her twin sons as well. They are very well-behaved.

sanrio,
the kids are so cute. Esp Cher and her big eyes!! makes me inspired. I want to have a girl!!

sgn,
you wean KY off BM liao?

janet,
congrats on your girl walking! now everyone will be very busy. she's not slow lah...my Josh just only started to use the dining chair to walk!

mummypoh,

i love the shot of your gal! she is soooo sweet and cute! i love her hair style too...how old is she now? my mum has been asking me to bring my gal for a haircut but i have resisted. so far i have only trimmed her fringe myself as they are poking into her eyes. I hope she will grow to have ur gal's hair soon
happy.gif

sanrio,

how abt ash? when did his hair starts to grow last time? have u consider perhaps shaving cher? coz many people said that after u do a complete shave, their hair will grow out faster and thicker?

mummy poh and sanrio
nice pix! kids look so cute

lovedogs
how's tessa's appetite?chloe's better..dunno issit becoz i didnt feed her porridge at all lst weekend or coincidence that her appetite is bck.

Sanrio,
Cher is so cute...really should meet her in person.

mum@work,
Thanks for your tips. But the BP closed already. Too late. Yes, will buy at Taka. They also have 20% off.

wonderbaby,

dunno leh... she is willing to eat any other stuff except proper meals like porridge. last nite she willing to eat rice according to my mum but not the chicken meat. Luckily i don't have to feed her during weekdays :p heehee... hiak hiak..

smalldreams,
you are also naqia ah? no wonder I thought how come another mother also having the same child's name as naqia ie adam.
:)

nellu
nope ley still expressing twice a day n he's on 4 feed per day. half of the feeds is BM lor now never latch on cos he self wean off from latching.

Hi Mummies,

I read somewhere in the Dec07 postings about the baby boys pulling their penis. Sounds like it's normal and they're just curious and playing with the extra flesh. But my boy who is now 13 months old is still doing it (since 8 months old I think) and he pulls really hard whenever I change is diaper. It makes me wonder whether he feels itchy at that area or what. I'm so clueless how to make him feel more comfortable.

Janet & Mum@Work & everyone else,

Hello! I'm naqia! :p

addie

My kiddo looks at his penis in a curious way too for a moment (about 11 - 12 mths +) and he'd pull it too when I'm bathing him. But I'll take his hands away. Now he doesn't pull anymore - he prefers to explore stuff in the bath - eg, rubber toys, shampoo etc.

Do you wash his penis area with water? Might want to consider that coz maybe using wet wipes might not be clean enough so he feels rather uncomfy? Just a suggestion...other mums might have more.

Mum@work
I try to put baby in his cot/playpen but at night I latch him on, so he ends up on our bed! Haizz... but as much as possible I try to put him in playpen so I have a bit more space. How about yrs?

mum@work,
my bb sleeps on mattress.
I saw on Monday My Paper, Carrefour is having discount for toddler mattress. IT looks just like a mattress, except that it has a higher border that prevent bb from rolling out of the mattress. I thought it is quite good, because now bb always toss and turn, and I use pillows to block her from rolling off the mattress.
If you have not bought any, maybe you can consider that.

Hi Smalldreams,

Yes, did wash his penis area with water and soap whenever he poos. But not with every diaper change if diaper is only heavy with pee. Do you wash your kiddo with water at every diaper change? And my MIL applies powder at that area too, but I asked her to stop for the time being in case he is allergic to powder.

Janet

tat sounds like a cool mattress! But too bad, no space for that. My room is super cramped liao.

Addie
I do that too - mostly wash his butt when he poos, penis area, mostly water only. I don't wash my kiddo at every diaper change. Basically as follows :

1. Wake up in the mornings - bathe / wash with area whether or not he poos
2. If I'm the one taking care, I'll change his diaper noon time (w/o water). if it's my mom, she just change diaper during bath time in evening
3. Evening - around 6 pm, wash/bathe with water.

That's it. Perhaps can stop powder for the moment. Unless you use a talc-free one like the one from CB. I've not put powder on my baby's pte parts since he was a newborn too. HTHs
happy.gif

Janet
the same mattress is selling $99 at NTUC extra.

Janet/ smalldreams
i usu use pillows or bloster to protect my boy from rolling off the mattress. but sometimes he will roll until the bottom of the playpen or some corners that he cry for help in his sleep ha ha ha. he's a nite flipper.
i put the korean bumper mat lower the mattress at the surrounding hee hee.

m@w
jboy sleeps mainly wif us, on our bed. Try to put him in his cot, but when he wakes up & find himself there, he always fuse n wan to come over. Hiaz...

Re : Boys & penis
my hb told me jboy more curious in his than his own .. hahahahha ..

hi janet,

any idea how big is the mattress ? also, is the material cooling type? if it is cooling cooling type then ideal leh..

cool daughter
ha ha ha sounds a bit 'R' rated.
my boy likes to put his bloster inbetween his goin i think feel siok bah ha ha ha.

Lovedogs
u change ur nick too!!
the padded mattress is slightly shorter in the lenght than the usu adult mattress.

lovedogs,
I cant remember the size. now come to think of it, it is actually from Today newspaper on the 30 Jun. See whether you can go to todayonline and retrieve from the archive. Should be in there. Carrefour advertisement.

sgn,
ntuc cheaper ah? carrefour selling at #139

mummiesss
RE: Sleeping on mattress.
Thks for the reply. Nw bbK still slping on cot, but she's growing each day and will outgrow soon. So tot of letting her slp mattress but den she always roll all over the plc!! In cot she rolled all 4corners! She's a nite flipper too! *faint*. Janet the mattress sounds interesting, most likely to get it later. I seached monday's paper lei, don ve the ad on carrefour. So do u mummies slp wif them on the mattress on let them slp on their own?
kao_smile.gif

mummies,
ref sleeping for bbs
Josh is still in the cot. but then cos ours is a convertible cot bed. and he sleeps in his own room since 10mths old.

mum@work,
yes my josh also rolls all over the place when he sleeps. putting him in his cot bed is better cos his rolling is restricted..hahaha and no accidents...

I'll only move him to big boy bed if and when i have #2 lor.

mum@work,
we stay with him until he falls asleep. initially it is a bit difficult. he'll wake up a lot to look for us. aft a while he'll get used to it. must take time and alot of patience to train. actually the reason we put him in his own room is to improve his sleep cos when he was in our room, he'll wake up a lot just because daddy or mummy come in or go out or due to any small movements...

baby mobile? you mean monitor? yes i put monitor..but Josh can cry louder than that =P

nellu
ic. Gd tat he can slp on his own nw. Doesnt Josh try to climb over the cot? Cos my frenz's bb is a June bb gal and she climbed over the cot n fell! When bbK slp in the cot, I somex oso worried even the monitor is on.
kao_smile.gif

mum@work,
did your fren lower the cot/mattress all the way to the lowest level? The moment Josh could stand I did that. On top of that Josh is a tall boy, now already >80cm (as tall as my neighbour's 3yo gal!), so i have to make sure that he can't get out at all. Try not to put anything in the cot that they can step on to climb out, or anything next to the cot (outside) that they can step on. Josh's cot only got 1 teddy bear, 1 blankie, 1 small giraffe. All these things are too soft to support his weight.

nellu,

wat brand of baby monitor u recommend? coz when my newborn arrives in nov, i will have to move my gal to her own room.

lovedogs,
if you got $$ to spare, get a good one. Phillips digital one is good. my BIL got one and I could see that it was really effective...more sensitive....Mine i bought a second hand analog one from a mummy selling her stuff off on SMH...heheh cos Josh was so big liao when i decided to get the monitor...no pt for me to waste the money mah..

but if i can buy one, i'll want to get the one with video wor... *salivating*

now gss, go shopping!
happy.gif

smalldreams, nellu, mom@work, sanrio, janet, wonderbaby, lovedogs
Thank you for the compliments!

sanrio
Your girl's eyes are so big and round....like doll. Don't worry abt her hair...my gal had very little hair till recently too. As shown in picture...it'll grow..eventually. Picture taken when she was abt 1 yr old.
1530645.jpg

lovedogs
she's turning 3 this Dec..I didn't agree to cutting her hair either...love to tie little pony tails for her.
1530646.jpg
But when she started cc...had no choice but to trim it to a more manageable length else very messy.

I still sleep with my 2 kids as we didn't want #1 to feel that she's being abandoned once #2 arrived....now they sleep in between me and hubby on our bed. yup...4 sardine fishes...been like that since #2 turned 2 mths old. Initially we tot #1 might be wake up from all the crying etc so we splitted up to dif rooms during my confinement but surprising when we tried putting them together in the same rm, she slept like a log.

It's really cute seeing them sleep together...they're each another's pillow and bolster. Once in a while, there might be cries of discomfort but they'll shift and adjust themselves accordingly.

One thing to note, I only started placing them side by side when #2 was abt 10 mths old (he's strong enough to unlodge himself if #1 "body slam" on him in her sleep)

nellu
yup...I think supernanny also use this naughty corner/chair discipline method...works better than physical punishment but it'll only last for a while coz their intelligence will catch up and understand that it's no big deal...then we'll have to think of alternatives.

<font color="aa00aa"><font size="+2">Ralph Spree</font></font>
<font color="0000ff">Any mummies interested in private RL spree?
do pm me if interested.</font>

mummies,
for the benefit of all, I have extracted the adv from the paper, and make it into a more manageable size to include here.
1530789.jpg

mummypoh,
I also plan to do the same thing as you. Move to another room when #2 comes along. because also afraid the cries would wake #1.

Now we are three sardine fishes. So when did you finally move in back with #2? how old was #2? and the cries did not wake up #1?

Back